• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And we haven't even scratched the surface of potential fighters when it comes to retro reps from obscure franchises not known today. :)
I think we can p much rule out any Nintendo character that debuted on the NES/Famicom at this point though... except Cranky Kong.

And 50 Cent.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think Jenna would be good as an assist

Also I know this might be painfully obvious but do you guys think move will be one of isaac’s specials?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think Jenna would be good as an assist

Also I know this might be painfully obvious but do you guys think move will be one of isaac’s specials?
His Side Special prob. Hopefully like SSF2 because I liked the way it was done there lol.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah this. They didn’t bother to manipulate the camera at all in the AT pic. It’s just an optical illusion that makes everyone look like they’re standing in a horizontal line. They could have edited the camera to be behind the characters if they wanted to like in those Mac pics.
P much this. The dev team + promotion team know how to do the camera angles better than that for a reference. They usually nail it superrrrrr close, and that Monster Hunter World cover comparison is far from close.

For an example of it done right, look how they got Yoshi doing the Akuma pose down 100% in Smash 4 promo pics with Ryu.

Edit: Akuma and Ken for Smash, to hell with the limits or rules.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Considering Move is the thing most people know him for due to the AT I think it's a very safe bet to assume Isaac will have Move. Honestly, it would be way more shocking if Sakurai didn't add it.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I think it could go either way. The camera angle is odd but it's three warriors with their backs to the camera facing a Ratholos.

Are we absolutely sure this picture couldn't be replicated without development tools?
One of the warriors you're referring to here is a Felyne, basically a helper to you when you hunt, not a hunter at all on that world cover.

Also, the World cover has the camera over the backs of the characters facing the Rathalos in the middle of the wilderness. The picture in the twitter doesn't have anything other than the Rathalos and three figures being there in common. It just doesn't feel like an 'either way' thing to me. When you truly scrutinize the picture it falls apart fast.

As far as using development tools? I don't know because I'm not an expert but we had someone try to replicate the image on Wii U smash which didn't work. And we noticed that the angles of where the characters are looking are odd. Do we know the development tools weren't used either? I don't know.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I think it could go either way. The camera angle is odd but it's three warriors with their backs to the camera facing a Ratholos.

Are we absolutely sure this picture couldn't be replicated without development tools?
Remember how in Clouds gameplay trailer they had him laying down in that Pokemon stage that looked church-ish with Zelda kneeling down with a flower in her hand, having him dizzy on the boat, making Ike wear black to resemble Sephiroth?

Sakurai and his team are capable of being as accurate as they can with references to series so it is strange to me that what's meant to be a reference to a monster hunter cover, has characters standing in the wrong environment, characters not completely portraying the accurate weapon types on the box, and with an angle that they have clearly had no trouble manipulating for screenshots in the past.

Also not sure how many pages back, but someone did try to recreate the screenshot as best as they could and there's a side by side comparison for reference. It makes it a bit more clear that the characters have been adjusted in a specific way. Unless Ultimate has new camera mechanics.

Edit: Well a bit slow on the screenshot comparison mention lol

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm just afraid of getting my hopes up. But I'm glad you guys have a reason to be optimistic for the first time... ever? in Smash speculation.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I could see Alex as an assist trophy. He could teleport around (like Midna/Phosphora) and cast water psynergy.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It's all part of being a GS fan.

Nah, Ice Cube should get in before Ice-T.
Ice t was first I believe so ice cube can be his echo
Just remembered there's a fighting game for rappers Def jam fight for NY

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to think that the picture is a Golden Sun reference, but is it also more possibly a reference to this?

I’m a huge fan of Monster Hunter but at this point I think it’s silly to assume that Sakurai, the man who pays ridiculous amounts of attention to detail would be referencing the World cover art but not pick Gaur Plains or some other stage to show the Rathalos in it’s natural habit...the FOREST!!!

I haven’t played every Monster Hunter game but I’m very confident that none of the Arenas in the games are styled like a coliseum.

If Isaac does get in, what should the assist trophy be? :0

I want the Wise One.
Personally I think it would be hilarious to have Kraden as the new Mr. Resetti and just have a bunch of speech bubbles pop up everywhere because he won’t stop talking. Lol

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I could see Alex as an assist trophy. He could teleport around (like Midna/Phosphora) and cast water psynergy.
I'm imagining that they might use a Venus Djinn or maybe one of each element as an AT being so iconic to the series. Then again, maybe a djinn can be an item that you collect which powers up a move you use. Though that sounds somewhat more complicated. An AT for a Djinn could work by them releasing the first stage summon which doesn't sound that hard to pull off considering what we've seen so far of the ATs.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
WTF is wrong with being optimistic???

My guy, THIS IS THE FREAKING DEMO PLAYABLE ROSTER
View attachment 161631

I agree, as much as I want Isaac the game is huge! Except Corrin who is a mistake
All these fighters! All these stages!
It's going to be an amazing game!

Isaac can still make it, DLC and such! Don't count him out, but if he is not in, it's okay to be disappointed but we still are getting one hell of a game

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I'm just afraid of getting my hopes up. But I'm glad you guys have a reason to be optimistic for the first time... ever? in Smash speculation.
I feel the same way. But this picture is the only reason I believe Isaac could be in the roster. Im still 50/50 because Ive been waiting him since Brawl and nothing happen but now I finally believe he get a real shot.

Hope for the best, prepare yourself for the worst. That's my lullaby

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I think it gets mistaken that this tweet is all Isaac has going for him so if it's not specifically a GS reference that means tough luck for Isaac or something. Not exactly, before the tweet, how he did on the ballot was always the main thing. Even more so once Sakurai mentioned looking to the ballot for his roster selections this game.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way. But this picture is the only reason I believe Isaac could be in the roster. Im still 50/50 because Ive been waiting him since Brawl and nothing happen but now I finally believe he get a real shot.

Hope for the best, prepare yourself for the worst. That's my lullaby
As much as I talk about that tweet and how it is a terrible representation of Monster Hunter, I am not totally convinced that it is a Golden Sun reference (much less an indication that Isaac is playable).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow there are as many people in the thread now as during the height of the Rathalos pic. What's going on?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My biggest concern and problem with 50 Cent is that he would just be another Marth clone.

And would we really want that?

The answer is yes. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom