• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Aaaaah I’d forgotten about the people of Izumo. Alright my bad.

As for Sheba, we’ll the theory regarding her (also my favorite unexplained thing in the game) would actually explain that.

The theory is that Sheba is a child from Anemos. The ancient city that was once near Contigo. The ancient city was levitated by the powerful Jupiter Adepts that lived there and this hunk of rock became Weyards Moon. Sheba inexplicably falling from the sky would make sense if she came from there. Her landing near Lalivero is just where the moon happened to be hanging over at that time.
Damn she survived a fall from the moon... she would survive easily the fall from Venus lighthouse XD, just kidding that's a good theory, maybe wise one himself make her fall to the earth just to she help in the future jorney?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Damn she survived a fall from the moon... she would survive easily the fall from Venus lighthouse XD, just kidding that's a good theory, maybe wise one himself make her fall to the earth just to she help in the future jorney?
Or maybe she just has a body made of metal.

But it's just a therory.

A G A M E T H E O R Y

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It’s possible, but until Camelot expands on Sheba’s origins, we can only speculate.

I do have an issue with that theory, however. The Wise Kne wanted to prevent the reintroduction of Alchemy. Felix’s team needed Sheba to accomplish their goals which ran counter to what the Wise One wanted. So he’s probably not what brought Sheba down.

I like to think something crazy happened up there and Sheba’s parents pulled a Superman and sent her down to Weyard to give her a chance to live.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think GS: Dark Dawn shouldn't have taken place so many years later? Perhaps we could have gotten a proper GS3 game after GS2 giving us more story with the Isaac's crew and Felix's crew?

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think GS: Dark Dawn shouldn't have taken place so many years later? Perhaps we could have gotten a proper GS3 game after GS2 giving us more story with the Isaac's crew and Felix's crew?
I like matthew, but I felt without a fourth game DD really fell flat, there are still so many unanswered questions that I really just want a reboot of the whole series from square one that let's us work up to DD and the past it

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

DD just needed a sequel to compliment it. Like the lost age did.

But yeah, i would prefer a story with isaac.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I wouldn’t have wanted another game focusing on the the first group. I like the idea Camelot had, but....

My issue with Dark Dawn isn’t that it takes place so many years later. I honestly think it was a smart decision.

The problems I had with DD were as follows:

1. A weak start. You go on a journey to find a feather because Garets son is frustratingly stupid and broke my, er, I mean Ivan’s contraption. Granted Isaac and Garet need the Soarwing to get closer to Sol Sanctum since all kind of crazy things are happening there with the Mourning Moons, but they don’t do a great job of expressing how important that is. The game picks up a bit later, but still.

2. Weyard isn’t the same as it was. I get that the land shifted and changed due to the reintroduction of Alchemy. I get that, but random ass ancient civilizations sprouting out of thin air? Suddenly I have no connection to this world anymore beyond a few recognizable characters.

3. The game is arguably shorter than The Lost Age, but thinks it’s a great idea to have 8 completely new party members. Games like Tales and Persona can do this because these characters are built on over he course of 100 or more hours of playtime. Not 30-50. The Lost Age got away with it because 3/4 of the game focused exclusively on Felix and his party. Isaac and his group had already gotten their time in the first game so reintroducing them as party members was ok. But I find it hard to care about half of Mathews team. Their ether one note or appear too late in the game to have any real connection. Though I will say Eoleo as a party member was probably the coolest thing ever. Even though it’s a bit weird that a 30 year old man is running around with a bunch of teenagers.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn’t have wanted another game focusing on the the first group. I like the idea Camelot had, but....

My issue with Dark Dawn isn’t that it takes place so many years later. I honestly think it was a smart decision.

The problems I had with DD were as follows:

1. A weak start. You go on a journey to find a feather because Garets son is frustratingly stupid and broke my, er, I mean Ivan’s contraption. Granted Isaac and Garet need the Soarwing to get closer to Sol Sanctum since all kind of crazy things are happening there with the Mourning Moons, but they don’t do a great job of expressing how important that is. The game picks up a bit later, but still.

2. Weyard isn’t the same as it was. I get that the land shifted and changed due to the reintroduction of Alchemy. I get that, but random *** ancient civilizations sprouting out of thin air? Suddenly I have no connection to this world anymore beyond a few recognizable characters.

3. The game is arguably shorter than The Lost Age, but thinks it’s a great idea to have 8 completely new party members. Games like Tales and Persona can do this because these characters are built on over he course of 100 or more hours of playtime. Not 30-50. The Lost Age got away with it because 3/4 of the game focused exclusively on Felix and his party. Isaac and his group had already gotten their time in the first game so reintroducing them as party members was ok. But I find it hard to care about half of Mathews team. Their ether one note or appear too late in the game to have any real connection. Though I will say Eoleo as a party member was probably the coolest thing ever. Even though it’s a bit weird that a 30 year old man is running around with a bunch of teenagers.

Man Patcher was just weird as hell, like he's the perfect age to be physically older than Isaac, but since Isaac turned Immortal Patcher's technically younger it feels like.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Dark Dawn should of not included the kids.
Isaac and Felix should of stayed the main characters.

Regardless, DD just needed better writing

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
That was my biggest issue with Dark Dawn. I wanted to play as Isaac and the crew. Bad enough they had such a massive time jump and then made Matthew look exactly like Isaac. If you weren’t gonna make the new main character look remotely different from Isaac then why not just use Isaac with a few new cast members?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
On a scale of 1-10. how excited or surprised do you think everyone would be to see isaac in smash?

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun's stage should be Air's Rock, but a match can't be ended until the dungeon is completed.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I completely agree! I’ve been fascinated to see Isaac in Smash since Brawl! I hope he’s at least DLC, he could be so unique!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10, because excitation factor is there but I think it wouldn't be that much of a surprised.
From what i've said to most of the smash community and the nintendo community, they don't think he'll be in.

Which is an interesting stance.

Klimax

Smash Ace
On a scale of 1-10. how excited or surprised do you think everyone would be to see isaac in smash?
8 or 9 for the Smash Community, because Isaac is a really big deal when it comes to Smash speculations.
7 or 8 for the casual audience because while they may not know Isaac, they will be interested by his moveset

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
If you mean us, it goes without saying that it you'd turn up the volume to 11 on that scale. As far as the general smash community? I think Isaac and Golden Sun is pretty popular overall so it would still be pretty high, somewhere between 7-10 depending on how well they know the series or are happy that his fanbase gets him in. For people who have no clue, obviously lower but that's what smash is all about.

When I played Smash 64, I had no clue who Captain Falcon or Ness were, Melee I had no idea who Marth or Roy were. It hardly matters though. You can like the design and playstyle of a character and get excited just based off of that. I would have loved to have played Isaac way back then even if I didn't know who he was. Finally, I think it's just better to see some characters you really haven't seen in a while. It's like a family reunion. I include Ridley and K. Rool in this.

This is mainly why Shulk and all the recent FE characters aren't as terribly exciting as they should be. Don't get me wrong, I love their inclusion. You just see their faces over everything because of their popularity. Seeing them in smash on top of that is predictable and fills you with a sense of indifference sometimes unless you really love a specific character. It's probably why I've always loved the Duck Hunt choices. They just add a flavor to the pot that you can forget to add sometimes.

D

Deleted member

That’s who should of joined the party last. Not that chick with the 3rd eye.
Himi plays next to no purpose whatsoever. At least Takeru would have mattered because you knew he was going to be around.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
If they let us play as adult Isaac for the whole game that would've been the coolest thing ever
I like that idea, they should make Isaac and Garet be playable from the start while having Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell keeping company a lot side with them.
In later on in the story, Isaac and Matthew will be seperated and you'll play Matthew for the rest of the game until you meet them again.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I like that idea, they should make Isaac and Garet be playable from the start while having Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell keeping company a lot side with them.
In later on in the story, Isaac and Matthew will be seperated and you'll play Matthew for the rest of the game until you meet them again.
I feel like Garet is done with his fighting days.

Himi should of been replaced. Also they should of made Mias kids better characters.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Gnoggin did a really good video on Golden Sun and Alchemy in the real world back in March of this year. Most of you may have seen it already, but those who haven't, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

https://youtu.be/i0UGnlZOZ00

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I feel like Garet is done with his fighting days.

Himi should of been replaced. Also they should of made Mias kids better characters.
Oooh yeah, but then again. Mia wasn't too special herself from what I remembered...
(No hard feelings towards any Mia fans in this forum)

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
On a scale of 1 - 10 I would be at 10 from excitement. I think most of the smash community would be at about an 8 from surprisement. Surprisingly a lot of people know Isaac is a pretty popular ballot pick but, many people don't think he has a chance.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I also agree with this. I feel that GS3 should have been an immediate follow up to The Lost Age when there were so many unanswered questions ripe for a sequel. The re-introduction of Alchemy could have been made a much bigger deal with those looking to abuse it's power for selfish gain. As Kraden theorized at the end of TLA, their could have been armies formed by nations looking to seize power for themselves and establish dominance in Weyard. And then in said game, we could have gotten a face off between Isaac and Alex either leading Alex' death or him going in to hiding (a natural set up for Dark Dawn).

Of course said game I would want to be on the Gamecube/Wii. I was disappointed when Golden Sun didn't make it's way to consoles which it should have done. Or if it still had to be on handhelds it could have been an early DS title released in 2005/2006. Having a game around that time could have been what Isaac needed to get in Brawl and he would have been relevant at the time of the roster decision. I don't even know why Golden Sun went 8 years MIA considering both GBA games did so well.

I guess with DD happening in 2010 the developers might have thought that an immediate sequel would be ineffective with so much time passing since TLA hence the idea for a 30 year time skip.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10, because excitation factor is there but I think it wouldn't be that much of a surprised.
they will start "Another anime swordsman? Man Sakurai is a idiot"
10 seconds of trailer Isaac begins to make some crazy earthbeding things
They will say "Bro this character is awesome, how Sakurai didn't put him before?"

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually happy my post (u/Cardiacshoe) got downvoted. People are really starting to believe in Isaac. I honestly can't believe it myself, are we really finally getting him in this game?

The fact that we've even made it back to being this vocal again, this big, is already pretty hype.
So I should remove my downvote....
Jk
Happy to see more support.
Btw, Was the support of Isaac in ballot era that high? I was a teen in 2015 and I don't remember too much.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I found out that Isaac is actually kinda wanted in certain Smash groups on even FB. Which was news to me honestly. Really goes to show that he is a really wanted character to include. I just hope it wasn't too little too late ya know..?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
So I should remove my downvote....
Jk
Happy to see more support.
Btw, Was the support of Isaac in ballot era that high? I was a teen in 2015 and I don't remember too much.
It sure seemed like it. I was 13 in 2015, and I remember being introduced to GS by the amount of hype that Isaac got during that time. It was weird seeing such a hyped up character from a series I'd never heard of.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mean, Golden sun wasn't really a big game.

It's not talked about like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, or even **** like SMT.

And really, for such a "big game" it sure is pretty short for an RPG.
I mean... did you see RPG's before Golden Sun on handhelds? Other than Pokemon they generally suckkkkkkkkkkked.

Golden Sun had a different scale from all the stats, Djin, summons, lots of locations, way improved graphics... and it sold the console quite a bit. It was a key selling point of the GBA early on. It was a big seller as a result.

And EarthBound was not a big game when it came out. It was a historic flop (which of course doesn't mean it isn't a quality game, because it definitely is).
Also, I'd argue the temple from Zelda 2 is one of the least interesting Zelda location I can think of. It's just a temple. That's it. "Iconic" is all but a load of ****.
What? Those Temples were the one redeeming part of the game. They were sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk with that epic music, all those hard Helmethead fights and those tough AF bosses.

Which is... you know... why it was added as a playable stage... why it's in Smash... and why it is arguably the most popular stage in the series. It's got such a cool atmosphere.

Almost everything else in that game was trash TBH.
And we also have tons of music/ and even some stages from the GB/GBC era of Nintendo. So again, that statement on GB/GBC games being "forgettable" experiences is complete horse**** when you remember that link's Awakening, a masterpiece, was on the gameboy.
The size/length of games on handheld systems then is akin to eShop exclusive game/some smaller indiesmartphone/tablet games now, or even. And gaming is definitely better for having that format (some people prefer it; whatever floats your boat!), but again, they blend more together (like how Kirby's Dreamland 1, 2, and 3 all blend together whereas Return to Dreamland is a much bigger game and stands out more as a result; or think of it like comparing Skyrim to all the seasons of The Walking Dead [one of my favorite games ever]).

And that's fine. Not everything has to be huge and unique. On smaller scale games with more limited tech (again, like pre-NES levels of tech), everything tends to be more alike. Sometimes a small, simple, filler-ish game is best. Being "smaller" and more "forgettable" doesn't mean a game is better or worse. It's just a reality of the format (and the age of the system, especially since emulation is for some reason frowned upon and Nintendo/Sony/etc charges too much for decades old games).

You're trying to explain to me all these games and this system to me like I'm trashing it when I'm not. I owned all those games and I still have my same Game Boy and GBC and I love/loved the hell out of them.

Heck, I owned a Game Boy and a Game Boy Color before you were born! :laugh:

You don't have to preach to me about the games or consoles, I lived it when I came out and played it to death. :chuckle:

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
It sure seemed like it. I was 13 in 2015, and I remember being introduced to GS by the amount of hype that Isaac got during that time. It was weird seeing such a hyped up character from a series I'd never heard of.
Good to see the younger fans being introduced to Golden Sun. I was 13 in 2003 which is when Golden Sun The Lost Age was released in America. I remember reading about it in a Gamepro and thought it looked amazing so I begged my dad to buy it for me. I had no idea it was a sequel but I was luckily able to play the first game years later.
Golden Sun is very nostalgic to me. It's also one of the few RPG's that I can constantly replay over and over and not get tired of going through the story repeatedly.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
they will start "Another anime swordsman? Man Sakurai is a idiot"
10 seconds of trailer Isaac begins to make some crazy earthbeding things
They will say "Bro this character is awesome, how Sakurai didn't put him before?"
Haha! This is what I'm hoping to see happen.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean... did you see RPG's before Golden Sun on handhelds? Other than Pokemon they generally suckkkkkkkkkkked.
Really? SaGA/Final Fantasy Legend? The 1st mana game? The Dragon quest ports? Heck, even Link's awakening if you count that as a RPG.

Golden Sun had a different scale from all the stats, Djin, summons, lots of locations, way improved graphics... and it sold the console quite a bit. It was a key selling point of the GBA early on. It was a big seller as a result.

And EarthBound was not a big game when it came out. It was a historic flop (which of course doesn't mean it isn't a quality game, because it definitely is).

I guess there is that. But don't act like it's some historical masterpiece or anything. Golden Sun has always been good as a launch title series. When compared to other games, it doesn't have much of a chance.

Hey, you know what they say, It's a fact.

And yes, Earthbound was a flop. In the US.
What? Those Temples were the one redeeming part of the game. They were sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk with that epic music, all those hard Helmethead fights and those tough AF bosses.

Which is... you know... why it was added as a playable stage... why it's in Smash... and why it is arguably the most popular stage in the series. It's got such a cool atmosphere.

Almost everything else in that game was trash TBH.
Everything kinda was garbage. But honestly, i think the only thing saving temple is the music. It's still a garbage location in an otherwise garbage game.

But yeah, i won't dispute it's popularity.
The size/length of games on handheld systems then is akin to eShop exclusive game/some smaller indiesmartphone/tablet games now, or even. And gaming is definitely better for having that format (some people prefer it; whatever floats your boat!), but again, they blend more together (like how Kirby's Dreamland 1, 2, and 3 all blend together whereas Return to Dreamland is a much bigger game and stands out more as a result; or think of it like comparing Skyrim to all the seasons of The Walking Dead [one of my favorite games ever]).

And that's fine. Not everything has to be huge and unique. On smaller scale games with more limited tech (again, like pre-NES levels of tech), everything tends to be more alike. Sometimes a small, simple, filler-ish game is best. Being "smaller" and more "forgettable" doesn't mean a game is better or worse. It's just a reality of the format (and the age of the system, especially since emulation is for some reason frowned upon and Nintendo/Sony/etc charges too much for decades old games).

You're trying to explain to me all these games and this system to me like I'm trashing it when I'm not. I owned all those games and I still have my same Game Boy and GBC and I love/loved the hell out of them.

Heck, I owned a Game Boy and a Game Boy Color before you were born! :laugh:

You don't have to preach to me about the games or consoles, I lived it when I came out and played it to death. :chuckle:
You were the one that started saying to me that those Capcom LoZ games were "inferior products to The OG Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds. They are not as experimental as Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild. They are not core Zelda titles like all the 3D Zelda games, the original Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, or A Link Between Worlds." So i'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting.

And it really doesn't help your earlier argument of "Oh the reason why Oracle of seasons/time doesn't get much content in smash is because they are filler games." Since the mere existence of Spirits tracks is enough to disprove that argument.

Now one can make an argument of timing, but that's a whole different can of worms.

(Oh yeah. Skyward Sword was SUPER experimental. But it's also an experiment gone horribly wrong.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom