• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'd had a thought of a fun way for Isaac to be introduced.
Rathalos is fighting Link, Marth and Shulk, as in the picture. They're losing badly. Suddenly an Assist Trophy drops in. Link approaches it but then it glows with Psynergy and then a Ragnarok comes down and breaks the assist trophy, and Isaac pops out.
It then says Isaac joined your party as his reveal card.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I'd had a thought of a fun way for Isaac to be introduced.
Rathalos is fighting Link, Marth and Shulk, as in the picture. They're losing badly. Suddenly an Assist Trophy drops in. Link approaches it but then it glows with Psynergy and then a Ragnarok comes down and breaks the assist trophy, and Isaac pops out.
It then says Isaac joined your party as his reveal card.
I was thinking of the same thing! Haha! Wow!

Is Ricter the only Echo with a CGI video?

D

Deleted member

Felix as an Echo or Alt discussions: The real question to ask ourselves is if he has enough personality to differentiate as an echo with animations and whatnot. I'd say he does, personally.

I think, while the Echo Fighter brand is definitely helping, the clarity and genuine sincerity that isn't just in interviews helps a lot

It also helps that they're putting in echo's people have been asking for for a while.
Felix is different than Isaac, fundamentally and aesthetically. You see, Felix has different poses for his actions, such as his battle stance where his weapon is tilted towards the right side of his body, versus the left side for Isaac, and how when he uses Psynergy, it's with one hand facing forward. He also has different stats (including the worst luck of any Venus Adept in the series, which is ironic given his American name means "lucky" and the fact he survived a several thousand foot plunge into raging waters), and his own personality in-game. I should also point out that he's the only character whose sprites and artwork were modified between the two games (in the original, Felix's face was puffier in his sprite-sheet due to the mask, and his stock art didn't have a sword).

In the two games, Felix was willing to play the villain, especially given that Garet and company keep telling Isaac that they must stop Felix, not Saturos & Menardi (this also plays into the Sun Saga books where Felix is depicted negatively until Book 4 where they discover what he did leading up to the Reunion), due to the fact that Felix understood that the right thing to do would go against everything they were brought up with, especially as he himself saw the consequences of indifference that would consume the world. In the original game, Felix is rather curt, but not abrasive. He has a respect of Saturos & Menardi for saving his life, but that ends there given how the two's methods of meeting the end goal involve slashing and burning all that object, which could ironically make the Proxians in a more negative light after the Golden Sun Event where you had four assholes from that village running amok, wasn't reflective on his conscience. He knew he was the bartering chip, no more, no less. While he takes on the silent role in The Lost Age, he's still reactive to the environment and what was going on, complete with the reality that Alex just bailed on the group, leaving them without a reliable Mercury Adept until they discover Piers.

While I was very disappointed to find out what happened to him prior to Dark Dawn, I think I understood why, and this is my tin-foil hat theory time; the fact that he had to go out of his way to betray his heritage, even though it was for the greater good, bothered him, and the experiences with how Saturos & Menardi conducted themselves weighed more on his conscience than he thought, and the only way he felt could be beneficial to everyone was with him just disappearing. Where he went to? I dunno. Did Sheba come along with him? Most likely, considering her article in the Encyclopedia doesn't allude to her present-day situation. Did they discover Anemos? Is he living a hunter-gatherer life away from growing civilizations? Is he on some island drinking blue milk? Obviously, we won't know until they make a Golden Sun 4, which I'm hoping is a "when", not an "if".

So, that's my views on Felix. Considering how I played The Lost Age first and went backwards because I wanted to get access to everything, I have a more emotional attachment for Felix than Isaac, but I knew Isaac has the better shot since the franchise started with him on the front of everything, and my whole acknowledgement about Isaac being responsible for the fate of Golden Sun started in early 2007 when Brawl was released in Japan and people discovered the full roster. I was rather disappointed about Isaac becoming an Assist Trophy, but on the other hand, it was very cool seeing him rendered in 3D and utilizing a signature ability in his attack, and from there, I had high hopes for Golden Sun to become part of the Smash Bros. family.

Smash 4 coincided with a very terrible portion of my life, so while it may seem trivial to be disappointed about a character you idolize not making it, it felt more like part of the problem. And now that Ultimate itself is coming into a part of my life where things are going well (I have a decent job with steady pay for my needs, and am going to college this week finally), not to mention the dominoes have been falling into place for the character (numerous contenders eliminated or added, including two "when hell froze over" choices in Ridley & King K. Rool), I just get more excited about Isaac with each passing day, knowing that when he is finally confirmed, it will have made a 15 year journey of my life and an intimate relationship with a franchise complete.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Felix is different than Isaac, fundamentally and aesthetically. You see, Felix has different poses for his actions, such as his battle stance where his weapon is tilted towards the right side of his body, versus the left side for Isaac, and how when he uses Psynergy, it's with one hand facing forward. He also has different stats (including the worst luck of any Venus Adept in the series, which is ironic given his American name means "lucky" and the fact he survived a several thousand foot plunge into raging waters), and his own personality in-game. I should also point out that he's the only character whose sprites and artwork were modified between the two games (in the original, Felix's face was puffier in his sprite-sheet due to the mask, and his stock art didn't have a sword).

In the two games, Felix was willing to play the villain, especially given that Garet and company keep telling Isaac that they must stop Felix, not Saturos & Menardi (this also plays into the Sun Saga books where Felix is depicted negatively until Book 4 where they discover what he did leading up to the Reunion), due to the fact that Felix understood that the right thing to do would go against everything they were brought up with, especially as he himself saw the consequences of indifference that would consume the world. In the original game, Felix is rather curt, but not abrasive. He has a respect of Saturos & Menardi for saving his life, but that ends there given how the two's methods of meeting the end goal involve slashing and burning all that object, which could ironically make the Proxians in a more negative light after the Golden Sun Event where you had four ******** from that village running amok, wasn't reflective on his conscience. He knew he was the bartering chip, no more, no less. While he takes on the silent role in The Lost Age, he's still reactive to the environment and what was going on, complete with the reality that Alex just bailed on the group, leaving them without a reliable Mercury Adept until they discover Piers.

While I was very disappointed to find out what happened to him prior to Dark Dawn, I think I understood why, and this is my tin-foil hat theory time; the fact that he had to go out of his way to betray his heritage, even though it was for the greater good, bothered him, and the experiences with how Saturos & Menardi conducted themselves weighed more on his conscience than he thought, and the only way he felt could be beneficial to everyone was with him just disappearing. Where he went to? I dunno. Did Sheba come along with him? Most likely, considering her article in the Encyclopedia doesn't allude to her present-day situation. Did they discover Anemos? Is he living a hunter-gatherer life away from growing civilizations? Is he on some island drinking blue milk? Obviously, we won't know until they make a Golden Sun 4, which I'm hoping is a "when", not an "if".

So, that's my views on Felix. Considering how I played The Lost Age first and went backwards because I wanted to get access to everything, I have a more emotional attachment for Felix than Isaac, but I knew Isaac has the better shot since the franchise started with him on the front of everything, and my whole acknowledgement about Isaac being responsible for the fate of Golden Sun started in early 2007 when Brawl was released in Japan and people discovered the full roster. I was rather disappointed about Isaac becoming an Assist Trophy, but on the other hand, it was very cool seeing him rendered in 3D and utilizing a signature ability in his attack, and from there, I had high hopes for Golden Sun to become part of the Smash Bros. family.

Smash 4 coincided with a very terrible portion of my life, so while it may seem trivial to be disappointed about a character you idolize not making it, it felt more like part of the problem. And now that Ultimate itself is coming into a part of my life where things are going well (I have a decent job with steady pay for my needs, and am going to college this week finally), not to mention the dominoes have been falling into place for the character (numerous contenders eliminated or added, including two "when hell froze over" choices in Ridley & King K. Rool), I just get more excited about Isaac with each passing day, knowing that when he is finally confirmed, it will have made a 15 year journey of my life and an intimate relationship with a franchise complete.
Yup

Echo Fighter material

It's been forever since I've played the games, so I wasn't 100% sure, but this post pretty much seals me on the fact that it's probably Echo Fighter material for Felix (unless they just want a quick paint job and call it a day)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey folks, I just wanted to post in here and share my support for Isaac! I think he’d be a great addition to Smash and would bring plenty of cool stuff...a Venus Lighthouse stage would be pretty cool as well.

With the Ballot apparently having. a pretty good influence on things I can only hope Isaac finds his way in, and maybe Felix joining him as an echo.

Cheers!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Thoughts on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecv3M5_TY_I Just curious as this just went up like literally an hour or two ago by now.
Clearly someone i will keep my eye on just for fun. The thing with cases like this is that we don't know for how long are they legit and then when do they decide to just troll us… but for fun, i will keep an eye in case he predicts something crazy again

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Isaac makes it, his alt costumes had better be based on the rest of his party.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

I'd have a tough time choosing between Felix and Sheba colors.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If the exit poll is any indication then Sakurai might consider Paper Mario a worthy addition as a unique fighter. (I mean being 3rd/4th in both US/EU and Japan wouldn't be anything to sniff at) I don't think it's impossible by any means.

I think people are really underestimating Paper Mario.

(Also isn't the fact that there's even a Paper Mario a stage a sign that Sakurai does care about the series? I don't see how not giving it a unique symbol should change anything. I don't expect Geno to get a unique symbol if he gets in either)
I know Geno wouldn't have a unique symbol but it's a problem that he lumps Paper Mario in with regular Mario. To me it seems he just views PM as an extension of Mario rather than its own thing and since to Sakurai SMRPG is the RPG series I could him not putting in PM but focusing on getting Geno. It's like why make 2 unique Mario's when we can have Mario and Geno and that covers the Mario RPGs in his eyes. That's how I feel it will go down and while he does seem to be underestimated in the popularity department I just can't help but think he'll be passed over. Would 1000% love to be wrong though.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
By that logic wouldn't Mega Man have been the NES retro character in Smash 4? Yet we still got Duck Hunt (Duo).
It depends on how you view it I suppose. Megaman transcends the NES. He’s been a big player in gaming even today. He’s one of Capcoms mascots too. Whereas Duck Hunt only really had the one game.

Simon is similar to Megaman though, I suppose, but the way he’s been depicted in Smash is closer to his NES roots than his other, more current redesigns.

If Isaac makes it, his alt costumes had better be based on the rest of his party.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

I’ve never wanted an Ivan color scheme for Isaac so much in my life. Thank you for this.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I mean it at least gives the chance that he's in even if it's not like a main subject of the video or anything but still more people are slowly starting to mention him and I think that alone could be helpful.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
They can fluff it out with Echoes
Most common ideas?
Isabelle
Shadow
Dixey
Felix (If Isaac is in)
Ken

Pretty much all I can think of
It's just wishful thinking but I hope one of those echo fighters is Ninten,
but his chances seems kinda slim to say the least..

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Seems like someone who has a good amount of accurate predictions. Though, don't take their word for it.

It's strange that isaac is there in the corner, in a flattened way.

View attachment 158541
I would also love to see Porky or Flynn, but somehow I think they're even less likely than Isaac.

I'm still not sold on Pokemon or Skull Kid for what it's worth, but those predictions are oddly accurate. Banjo was definitely at least as popular as Isaac during the ballot, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got in.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I would also love to see Porky or Flynn, but somehow I think they're even less likely than Isaac.

I'm still not sold on Pokemon or Skull Kid for what it's worth, but those predictions are oddly accurate. Banjo was definitely at least as popular as Isaac during the ballot, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got in.
Unfortunately, SMT characters are way less likely than CR or even Joker combined. :(

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

That Saturos alt looks stunning, I would totally use that alt if that was in the game!

Eagle

Smash Lord

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

These are great but I would have liked to see them with hair color changes too.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

You know if all the other characters (Aside from the stinking Miis) get alternate costumes that aren't just color pallets! They should have adult Isaac (With the coat and beard) as an alternate costume!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Hmmm

Isn't it possible that this guy could have just made predictions for all of the popular characters, and that we're only seeing the ones that he's right about?
Lucky guesses that is all. Characters are easy to pull, the ones shown off especially. We all knew Chrom was going to make it in.

i still have faith our boy will get in
Yes! Stay hopefull!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Lucky guesses that is all. Characters are easy to pull, the ones shown off especially. We all knew Chrom was going to make it in.

Yes! Stay hopefull!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

You know if all the other characters (Aside from the stinking Miis) get alternate costumes that aren't just color pallets! They should have adult Isaac (With the coat and beard) as an alternate costume!
Don't get your hopes up. :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
These are great but I would have liked to see them with hair color changes too.
Here you go! I had made some with the hair changes, but I generally prefer his usual blonde.
Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Menardi:

Saturos:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
How the hell did you find that?

Also, ouch did shulk beat him badly.
One thing to note is that this was in 2012. Of course Shulk was going to crush Isaac; his game had just come out worldwide.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
One thing to note is that this was in 2012. Of course Shulk was going to crush Isaac; his game had just come out worldwide.
Still even facing the odds! I wonder if Sakurai knows about the backlash of no Isaac AT? You think our voices made it vocal?
Maybe the Smash ballot did

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd take that poll with a big old grain of salt, Skull Kid's placement was due to botting from 4chan. You won't find him placed notably on any other polls from that era. So who knows what other tampering took place.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd take that poll with a big old grain of salt, Skull Kid's placement was due to botting from 4chan. You won't find him placed notably on any other polls from that era. So who knows what other tampering took place.
wait, really? Where did you get this info from?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
wait, really? Where did you get this info from?
It was common knowledge at the time due to 4chan being pretty blatant about it. That said, I can't speak to the placement of any of the other characters, that may be more or less accurate. However when a poll has been that fixed, its value in general is rather tainted.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to come off as offensive, but what is with all the hype around Issac? I know that he could have a very unique fighter, but tons of characters could be equally and more unique than Issac.

Top Bottom