• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I've never played a Golden Sun game, and unless one bcomes available on the Switch probably never will, but you can add me to the supporters. He seems cool, and would provide a completely unique moveset while also representing a Nintendo franchise not many have heard of or played.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well, whether this "email leak" is true or not, we'll find out next month when the Nintendo Direct comes around and shows off Prince of Sablé and Dixie Kong.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
What gets me is why Matthew over Felix? Other than the game aspect I see no reason Matthew would be used over Felix. He'd look too similar to Isaac and be pretty much the same. Makes no real sense to me to be honest.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
What gets me is why Matthew over Felix? Other than the game aspect I see no reason Matthew would be used over Felix. He'd look too similar to Isaac and be pretty much the same. Makes no real sense to me to be honest.
thats what i'm saying he could be an alt why echo

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I ask the same thing about daisy everytime I see her
yeah but in reality, it would just shut daisy fans up if Matthew is Isaacs echo then it would be a total waste i don't think we would want a new Mario character taking a slot so its easier to do a clone her but for Isacc i think we would want Felix over Matthew its no offense but he should be an alt if anything

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Don’t know him, other than the assist, so of course I support. He seems like a cool new addition and a way to represent more Nintendo franchises. If we get him and Bandana Waddle Dee, along with K Rool then 3/4 of the top threads on SmashBoards will have their character. R.I.P. Ashley

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I have a good feeling about Isaac being mentioned by, for example, Loz18, one thing that worried me of the previous leak Isaac was in was that it mentioned The Legend Of Zelda wouldn't get any newcomers but Skull Kid's evidence seems pretty solid so far. I would also love the moon & sun theme for a direct so we could get both of them. However, I wouldn't mind the Skull Kid thing being just a coincidence if it gives us Isaac. Also a lot of people in twitter are also claiming Golden Sun with the Rathalos screenshot so I hope even if Sakurai isn't allowed to reply, that he is tracking the replies of other people and how much Isaac is still in people's minds and hearts.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I have a good feeling about Isaac being mentioned by, for example, Loz18, one thing that worried me of the previous leak Isaac was in was that it mentioned The Legend Of Zelda wouldn't get any newcomers but Skull Kid's evidence seems pretty solid so far. I would also love the moon & sun theme for a direct so we could get both of them. However, I wouldn't mind the Skull Kid thing being just a coincidence if it gives us Isaac. Also a lot of people in twitter are also claiming Golden Sun with the Rathalos screenshot so I hope even if Sakurai isn't allowed to reply, that he is tracking the replies of other people and how much Isaac is still in people's minds and hearts.
You know, I keep wondering, what if Skull Kid is actually a boss for the new story mode? But then I realized, WHAT IF...Skull Kid is actually part of Young Link's final smash?!?! Doesn't anybody find it strange that we still haven't seen his final smash yet? We assume that he might have the Fierce Deity Mask, but what if it's a combination of Fierce Deity AND Skull Kid?!? Skull Kid launches the moon at the characters and Young Link (as the Fierce Deity) slashes at the moon cutting it in half, but also hurts the players. If you've played Hyrule Warriors, you'll get what I'm talking about.

Just a theory that came to me.

Calane

Smash Ace
Well, if it were to happen, I think it'd be because Matthew's just easier to do. Basically, since he looks so much like Isaac, it'd probably take a lot less work to make Matthew the echo. Not saying it would happen, but it sort of makes sense to me.

The problem would probably be how to differentiate Matt's personality from Isaac. Going by how people talk to him, particularly how Karis is always backseat leadering him, it would seem that Matthew lacks a bit of his father's confidence. I suppose they could just make Matt more soft-spoken and unsure of himself than Isaac. This is just my view of the character, but I'm just showing how it'd be pretty easy to make him stand out from his father.

The way I see it, Matthew would be easier to do, but Felix would make the fans happier. If they were to, say, go out of their way to make Matt an "Alph-like" costume of Isaac, I don't see why they wouldn't just use that model they already made as Isaac's echo. I feel like either Matthew's not in the game at all, or he's going to be an echo. I can't see them basically making three playable Golden Sun characters all at once (even if Matt was treated like a costume).

This isn't a popular opinion, but I'm just saying. I think Felix is more likely for the echo spot, however.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
guys... I noticed something, if Isaac got deconfirmed... what will happen to Newcomer Speculation? Like... outside us we have Geno and Skull kid going high in voices... if all 3 disapears what will happen with this place?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
You know, I keep wondering, what if Skull Kid is actually a boss for the new story mode? But then I realized, WHAT IF...Skull Kid is actually part of Young Link's final smash?!?! Doesn't anybody find it strange that we still haven't seen his final smash yet? We assume that he might have the Fierce Deity Mask, but what if it's a combination of Fierce Deity AND Skull Kid?!? Skull Kid launches the moon at the characters and Young Link (as the Fierce Deity) slashes at the moon cutting it in half, but also hurts the players. If you've played Hyrule Warriors, you'll get what I'm talking about.

Just a theory that came to me.
Completely agreed, that is one of my theories as well that Skull Kid might just been update from AT status to Boss status of the story mode (something similar to how I think Dracula is going to work) but also if Rathalos can be a boss (apparently at least) AND an AT there is like no reason for him to be rid of the AT list. But I would like to see the FS that way!
I still think we might get Skull Kid as playable though

Teeb147

Smash Legend
guys... I noticed something, if Isaac got deconfirmed... what will happen to Newcomer Speculation? Like... outside us we have Geno and Skull kid going high in voices... if all 3 disapears what will happen with this place?
You will spread out on to more characters.. Give a little love to others, ya know.. maybe.

I mean... 'What, don't talk as if he'll be deconfirmed. Believe in yo boy'.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While he does have a sword, I'm gonna be real: He'll probably use his sword MORE than he does in-game.? Like, upon replaying, I remembered how useless spamming the attack button is lol.
I mean if one uses the sword and the other doesn't, the one using the sword can always just do the default "take moves from Fire Emblem characters" to be more unique/in character! :laugh:
Yeah; it's been a while since I've played The Lost Age. Replaying through the first one - At the first lighthouse!
Yeah the games are a lot different from what I remembered when I replayed them.

They were a lot easier too since I got the strats down after a while too! :grin:
Isn't Peach a bit taller than Daisy in Ultimate? (or the other way around)

I don't think a slight difference in height would be an issue.
We don't know their heights yet because neither has been in a playable demo.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I don't want to come off as offensive, but what is with all the hype around Issac? I know that he could have a very unique fighter, but tons of characters could be equally and more unique than Issac.
I mean why does anyone from any fan base want their character in?

It’s simple. Because we want it. We want Isaac in Smash. The hype is because there’s the possibility of a character from a dead franchise making it into smash, which, for a lot of us, means there’s a chance for revival.

As for Isaac being unique. No other character would play quite like him TBH. He’s an Earthbender... for lack of a better term. Sure he may not LOOK unique, and from an outside perspective I can understand that. He’s just another anime dude with a sword. But we know that he’s so much more than that.

And at this point it’s kind of personal lol. His exclusion from Smash 4 stung. I fully expected to at least see his AT return, but no. No hint of Golden Sun outside of a music track on WiiU.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The more characters we know about the closer we get into the DLC speculation cycle, which brings a new set of rules...

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'll be honest, I've never played a Golden Sun game, and unless one bcomes available on the Switch probably never will, but you can add me to the supporters. He seems cool, and would provide a completely unique moveset while also representing a Nintendo franchise not many have heard of or played.
I noticed something
September we will get everything about Nintendo online services right?
What if they show there some games from GBA/N64 will be free to download to those who get the online service
then they will show a Smash Trailer and Isaac will be in this trailer, AND THEY SHOW THAT ONE OF THE FREE GAMES IS GOLDEN SUN SO EVERYONE is here IS HAPPY!

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Well, if it were to happen, I think it'd be because Matthew's just easier to do. Basically, since he looks so much like Isaac, it'd probably take a lot less work to make Matthew the echo. Not saying it would happen, but it sort of makes sense to me.

The problem would probably be how to differentiate Matt's personality from Isaac. Going by how people talk to him, particularly how Karis is always backseat leadering him, it would seem that Matthew lacks a bit of his father's confidence. I suppose they could just make Matt more soft-spoken and unsure of himself than Isaac. This is just my view of the character, but I'm just showing how it'd be pretty easy to make him stand out from his father.

The way I see it, Matthew would be easier to do, but Felix would make the fans happier. If they were to, say, go out of their way to make Matt an "Alph-like" costume of Isaac, I don't see why they wouldn't just use that model they already made as Isaac's echo. I feel like either Matthew's not in the game at all, or he's going to be an echo. I can't see them basically making three playable Golden Sun characters all at once (even if Matt was treated like a costume).

This isn't a popular opinion, but I'm just saying. I think Felix is more likely for the echo spot, however.

I mean I get that from a design point it would be easy and quicker but still I think we all know we'd rather have Felix as an echo over Matthew and just give us a Matthew alt.
I don't mind if he gets the echo spot though either way cause we'd still have Isaac anyway. Which would be enough for me.

Calane

Smash Ace
I mean I get that from a design point it would be easy and quicker but still I think we all know we'd rather have Felix as an echo over Matthew and just give us a Matthew alt.
I don't mind if he gets the echo spot though either way cause we'd still have Isaac anyway. Which would be enough for me.
As I said, Matthew would be easier, but Felix would make the fans happier. I personally think Felix has a much better shot at being the echo because of that fact. I was just explaining why Matt would make some sense if he were, for some reason, chosen instead. That's incredibly unlikely to happen, though.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
After Isaac(if he becomes playable) I will support Wonder Red and Spring Man in Smashboards(but less intensely). Like I said before I would love to see every Nintendo beloved franchise with a rep in Smash.
Andy, Ray, Dillon, Saki, even the Codename Steam's protagonist, all deserve a spot.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something
September we will get everything about Nintendo online services right?
What if they show there some games from GBA/N64 will be free to download to those who get the online service
then they will show a Smash Trailer and Isaac will be in this trailer, AND THEY SHOW THAT ONE OF THE FREE GAMES IS GOLDEN SUN SO EVERYONE is here IS HAPPY!
I hope so, I'd happily give the games a try
Plus that would be a fun reveal

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I hope so, I'd happily give the games a try
Plus that would be a fun reveal
If you're a fan of jrpgs you'll love golden sun

The combat system is unlike any of the others and it has neat puzzles and stuff. When you get the chance to try it you'll really see why a golden sun rep has been requested for so long

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I missed this, but did anyone notice that the Loz twitter account is now currently only following 3 accounts?
Specifically: Nintendo Versus, Nintendo Of America... and Billybae10K Billybae10K

Billy, was he following you before?
If he wasn't, could that maybe be some kind of a hint, considering he would have to know how much you want Isaac in Smash and he was talking about Isaac possibly actually being in Smash before the weirdness with his twitter account happened.

Apologies if this was something that was brought up and discussed earlier, it's getting hard to keep track of all the pages when I get home from work, haha.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
(If this has been discussed before, my apologies.) Sorry for the wall of text, but it's very interesting.

Earlier today, I came across a "leak" from an email someone got that told them what the Smash Directs and Smash related content will reveal from E3 and onward. It was sent prior to E3, btw. I lost the link unfortunately, but this is what I remembered reading and gathered:

1) Predicts all of E3 and August Direct and saysthat the Sun from the end of K.Rool's trailer and the Moon at the end of the Castlevania trailer is a tease for the next Smash Direct.

2) September Nintendo Online Direct will reveal Prince of Sablé and Dixie Kong is an Echo of Diddy.

3) October Smash Direct will be a Sun and Moon theme and will have Isaac and Matthew as his Echo. Buzzwole will be the new Gen7 Pokemon. Hilda is an Echo of Zelda. Shulk will have an Echo from either Dunban, Cross or Malos.

4) Late November Smash Direct will be 3rd party focus and will have Heihachi, Akuma as an Echo of Ryu. Shadow the Hedgehog will be revealed too(Did not mention he will be an echo at all). And after showing new 3rd party trophies including a Steve trophy from Minecraft, it will reveal Banjo&Kazooie as the last fighter reveal.

Other things it mentioned are the bosses in the new mode: Isabella, Dr. Eggman, Black Knight, M. Bison, and others I've forgotten. No mention of Skull Kid btw.

And finally mentions that 3 other Echos are possible to be in like Blood Falcon, Louie and Ninten. Square-Enix was very greedy about having Cloud added again. Sakurai was extremely lucky to get him in. DLC will be a big thing and Sakurai will not be involved in it as he will work on a new Prince of Sablé reboot.

The most interesting part to me is that it mentions that Felix was considered mostly for Isaac's echo, but Nintendo intervened and wanted Matthew instead. Huh?
Isabelle is a boss? I laughed out loud when I read that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m actually dying to see what happens. If Isaac, Geno and Skull Kid make it, hell, this place will change forever. It’s safe to say that Ashley and Waluigi will be queen and king of AT promotions. Takamaru also seems likely to regain traction. Beyond that, I honestly don’t know... how exciting!

Edit: eep sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Actually that is kinda the fun part of this stage on a Smash game, everyone is rooting for their characters, speculating, reading leaks, searching for every piece of information or any kind of hint for translating it into evidence for their own hopes. It is the part I sincerely enjoy the most, if Isaac gets deconfirmed I will be pretty sad, he is my most wanted newcomer, but at the same time I feel Sakurai is giving us a lot in this Smash.
But I agree that we shouldn't lose hope or talk as if he is getting deconfirmed, I think Sakurai has been keeping his eyes upon what fans want to push the hype to the highest they can before release so he can get a well deserved rest after (which obviously he didn't get between SSB4 and SSBU) and I think Isaac has a pretty high chance for making it (MIA AT since last game, none of the songs seen so far, he did great in the SSB4 ballot, he is one of the most wanted right now since Ridley and K. Rool made it in)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I know I'm super impatient but I just wish we got info about smash more often but in smaller portions

Like it's only been 11 days since the direct but it feels like its been too long lol

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want Isaac because since I've played his game back in 2002 or 2003 I thought he would be an exciting and unique character unlike another other in the Smash Bros. series.

The use of Earth psyenergy would be super cool and unique to Smash, much like Ness' and Lucas' PK/psi powers, but with an obvious ground-centric nature to them. Every new series brings about a special new unique thing added to the series, and of course Skull Kid would not be any different.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Actually that is kinda the fun part of this stage on a Smash game, everyone is rooting for their characters, speculating, reading leaks, searching for every piece of information or any kind of hint for translating it into evidence for their own hopes. It is the part I sincerely enjoy the most, if Isaac gets deconfirmed I will be pretty sad, he is my most wanted newcomer, but at the same time I feel Sakurai is giving us a lot in this Smash.
But I agree that we shouldn't lose hope or talk as if he is getting deconfirmed, I think Sakurai has been keeping his eyes upon what fans want to push the hype to the highest they can before release so he can get a well deserved rest after (which obviously he didn't get between SSB4 and SSBU) and I think Isaac has a pretty high chance for making it (MIA AT since last game, none of the songs seen so far, he did great in the SSB4 ballot, he is one of the most wanted right now since Ridley and K. Rool made it in)
It's interesting you mention Sakurai resting. I think that unless he's actually energized in a healthy way, he should definitely take a well deserved rest as much as he can, and just stay in good health in general :)

And I think you're right on about what people can savor at this stage of hype n all.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Thoughts on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecv3M5_TY_I Just curious as this just went up like literally an hour or two ago by now.
Crazy that those predictions came true. That said they could have just been really good guesses.

I do like the assist thing he brought up, because I have been wishing that assists could be more involved or have some amount of control over them (I was thinking assists could get a meter, similar to Final smashes). It'd make Shovel Knight and Lyn being AT's alot more easier to appreciate for me, and I'm sure Waluigi and Ashley fans would be happier too.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
i mean I get the matthew echo while felix is definetly more unique Matthew is more relevant (hearing the Isaac Fanboy talking about relevancy is friggin hilarious) the only reason I see picking matthew over Felix is because we're getting a new GS game ;) that being said matthew would make a cool alt costume.

And then as to who I'd support paper mario and Bandana dee seem cool, I haven't gone over to vouch for anyone yet because I don't want them detracting from Isaac till he gets confirmed XD

Top Bottom