• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I want Isaac because since I've played his game back in 2002 or 2003 I thought he would be an exciting and unique character unlike another other in the Smash Bros. series.

The use of Earth psyenergy would be super cool and unique to Smash, much like Ness' and Lucas' PK/psi powers, but with an obvious ground-centric nature to them. Every new series brings about a special new unique thing added to the series, and of course Skull Kid would not be any different.
Yeah he would be an amazing fighter for sure. The ssf2 moveset for Isaac is pretty good, but I imagine Sakurai could come up with something incredible given the wide range of abilities he can choose from

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Maybe I missed this, but did anyone notice that the Loz twitter account is now currently only following 3 accounts?
Specifically: Nintendo Versus, Nintendo Of America... and Billybae10K Billybae10K

Billy, was he following you before?
If he wasn't, could that maybe be some kind of a hint, considering he would have to know how much you want Isaac in Smash and he was talking about Isaac possibly actually being in Smash before the weirdness with his twitter account happened.

Apologies if this was something that was brought up and discussed earlier, it's getting hard to keep track of all the pages when I get home from work, haha.
I'm curious about this as well. Of all the people he would/could follow, he follows our own Billybae10K Billybae10K . What's your input on that, Billybae10K Billybae10K ?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I noticed something...
a lot of people are using Matthew image when speaking about Isaac on youtube...(its seems that they don't know how Isaac is aaaand)
1534661363519.png

there's a lot of Isaacs before we find a Matthew when searching him... so why is so hard to some use a Isaac image when speaking about Isaac?

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he would be an amazing fighter for sure. The ssf2 moveset for Isaac is pretty good, but I imagine Sakurai could come up with something incredible given the wide range of abilities he can choose from
I just hope ragnarok is in there somewhere XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
loz doesn't think Isaac is going to be in Smash

1534657096040.png

Just his opinion. But I wouldn't be betting on loz if you want Isaac

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Apparently he's changed his mind.

But who even knows if he's worth listening to anymore.
I was wondering when I saw that. I thought Loz was really flip flopping on Isaac.

I do think it's best not to get caught up in what these leaker are saying. Otherwise it'll just put you in a bad mood if they turn around saying no Isaac.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No Geno and no Isaac seems weird to me. Who else was a popular ballot pick? Banjo, Bandana Dee?
He also thinks Nook is getting in over Isabelle and a gen 8 pokemon over a gen 7 so he's all over the place.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He also thinks Nook is getting in over Isabelle and a gen 8 pokemon over a gen 7 so he's all over the place.
It's important to distinguish his nonsensical opinions from his separate and only possibly nonsensical "leaks". We need not pay attention to the former, but we should at least keep an eye on the latter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's important to distinguish his nonsensical opinions from his separate and only possibly nonsensical "leaks". We need not pay attention to the former, but we should at least keep an eye on the latter.
While I agree, there is always the possibility his seemingly wild opinions are based on stuff he's heard or knows but doesn't have enough evidence to release them as "leaks". Or if he's just injecting his wants or feelings into his posts.

Edit: Who am I kidding? loz seems like he'd blab the second he thinks he has information.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While I agree, there is always the possibility his seemingly wild opinions are based on stuff he's heard or knows but doesn't have enough evidence to release them as "leaks". Or if he's just injecting his wants or feelings into his posts.

Edit: Who am I kidding? loz seems like he'd blab the second he thinks he has information.
Yeah, I do think that's how some leakers work, passing off leaks as predictions (that's how Gematsu began), but loz doesn't strike me as that type. Especially now that he's apparently flopped on Isaac and stands a good chance at being wrong on the other predictions as well. Apart from Shadow.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah, I do think that's how some leakers work, passing off leaks as predictions (that's how Gematsu began), but loz doesn't strike me as that type. Especially now that he's apparently flopped on Isaac and stands a good chance at being wrong on the other predictions as well. Apart from Shadow.
I think Shadow is a relatively safe prediction at this point. I think I would be fairly surprised if he wasn't in as an echo for Sonic honestly

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I do think Shadow is likely...but I also get a vibe off him. Like he's the character everyone expects who's just inexplicably missing come launch and everyone's scratching their heads.

I don't have any real reason for thinking that though. Aside from the fact that Richter was developed alongside Simon, so Sonic/Shadow aren't exactly in the same situation.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Apparently he's changed his mind.
But who even knows if he's worth listening to anymore.
loz bombed that last Smash Direct. Hard pass on him.

It's Vergeben and the 4chan Richter leaks that are the only "living" major leakers as far as I can tell (other people dropping notable tidbits in there too I suppose).
Which is weird... because Tom Nook is still in Villager's Final Smash.

Again this is a symptom of some leakers. They get 1 huge bit of news and then just bomb everything else because they get other sources (that aren't as good), their source is a 3rd party source that had 1 thing and keeps feeding them things... or they make stuff up.

Edit: Also yep, Shadow and Ken are locks. I don't need "leaks" to tell me that. I just need Super Turbo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
loz bombed that last Smash Direct. Hard pass on him.

It's Vergeben and the 4chan Richter leaks that are the only "living" major leakers as far as I can tell (other people dropping notable tidbits in there too I suppose).

Which is weird... because Tom Nook is still in Villager's Final Smash.

Again this is a symptom of some leakers. They get 1 huge bit of news and then just bomb everything else because they get other sources (that aren't as good), their source is a 3rd party source that had 1 thing and keeps feeding them things... or they make stuff up.

Edit: Also yep, Shadow and Ken are locks. I don't need "leaks" to tell me that. I just need Super Turbo.
Nook instead of Isabelle is a pipedream of mine, actually. Somehow hoping it could happen.

I dunno... Samus could be fighting against Zero suit but Zero suit still uses the Varia suit in her final Smash? Similar? Not really...

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The more I read the leaks, the more I think Verge is right but missing stuff and the Richter leaker is also right.

I think everyone else who is constantly posting is posting quite a lot of bogus information TBH.

But even with those two leakers in play, they've stated what?

Verge: We are getting Ken, a Gen 7 Pokémon that isn't Decidueye (probably Incineroar), Isabelle probably as an Echo Fighter, Minecraft content.
CEO 4chan Leak: Gardevoir, Gothitelle as a Gardevoir Echo Fighter, a "Mario2" file (probably confirming DLC; "Mario1 was DLC in Smash 4 IIRC).

That's like... 5 characters tops confirmed (likely only 3), 1 of which is unnamed and 1 of which can be anything (again, probably DLC). We're getting more than 5 characters at launch, probably 6 or 8 actually (counting Echo Fighters of course) just going by the speed of the character reveals.

And of those characters... like the only locks are Ken and Shadow for the base game. Impa, Spring Man, Rex, etc all seem very likely as either characters for the base game or DLC, and we got Isaac, Geno and especially Skull Kid hints.

This games' roster is still wide open. Even if we get most of those characters mentioned as the only launch date characters, the roster is still not finished. DLC is going to be INSANE this game.
Nook instead of Isabelle is a pipedream of mine, actually. Somehow hoping it could happen.

I dunno... Samus could be fighting against Zero suit but Zero suit still uses the Varia suit in her final Smash? Similar? Not really...
Being in a Final Smash at this point is a disconfirmation, not much different from being a boss, item, or background character (though Toon Link on the Spirit Train stage is a notable exception).

Even Toad (which is more a species than character) being a move of Peach's is treated as a disconfirmation despite how recognizable and popular Toad as a character is.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I do think Shadow is likely...but I also get a vibe off him. Like he's the character everyone expects who's just inexplicably missing come launch and everyone's scratching their heads.

I don't have any real reason for thinking that though. Aside from the fact that Richter was developed alongside Simon, so Sonic/Shadow aren't exactly in the same situation.
Yeah, I suppose there is typically one of those characters in every Smash. It's a good thing people are only now starting to call Isaac as being any bit likely outside of this thread.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Considering how the character development team for Smash Ultimate completely outclassed the Ridley design when compared to the fanmade Brawl mods of Ridley and did a similar job with Chrom... this is definitely the case.

(plus the Isaac in development for Project M was an incomplete model; even Knuckles wasn't fully finished)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Something I was just thinking about that image Sakurai tweeted that I haven't really seen mentioned.

It's probably nothing but I find it interesting that Sakurai posted the image with the list of assist trophies stuck to the side. You would think that he would have easy access to a clean version of that image if he wanted to post it. Especially if he was talking about how great it looked. I mean it also took no time at all for somebody to get a clean version of that image.

I mean the assist trophy list itself could be a nod towards Isaac. I know Rathalos is an assist so that's why the list is there, but if it is a Golden Sun reference it would still feed into being an Isaac hint since he was originally an assist trophy. The best way to hint at something is to say something that has multiple meanings.

Then again maybe he's too busy to worry about getting a clean version of the image and he just took the picture straight from the website.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
The CEO leak can probably be thrown out because he specifically said Richter and NOT Simon. Gardevoir... I can see it happening, it has popularity and Gen 3 is some Pokeplayers favorite Gen. Gothitelle on the other hand? Very, very shaky to say the least. I'm not even sure if Gothitelle even warrants being a Pokeball Pokemon much less a playable character. For me, Gothitelle was a pretty forgettable Poke, especially since it was one of the Pokemon that was a version exclusive (I think only Black and Black 2? Don't quote me). It's quite difficult for me to see it.

Those two are what taps me out on that leak, personally.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Last edited:

ThunderOverload

Smash Cadet
Even more reason for me to support the inclusion of Geno and Bandana Dee alongside Isaac.

We get to see GameFaqs have a meltdown if they all get in.

Out of interest, is there a concensus on what characters GameFaqs think are likely?
Gamefarts really hate Isaac

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Gamefarts really hate Isaac
The sad thing is that there are actually a lot of people on there who actually support Isaac or other characters, it's just that when someone there doesn't want a certain character in, they're extremely vocal about it. I keep seeing the same names pop up to introduce negativity to what could be a civil discussion whenever someone brings up Isaac, but I'm glad that doesn't happen here. Not that I mind at all because it's kind of funny reading all the stupid stuff they have to say.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was thinking of the same thing! Haha! Wow!

Is Ricter the only Echo with a CGI video?
I mean... technically Lucina also has a CGI video.

Richter's is part of Simon's, Lucina's is part of Robin's.

They're also both the only Echoes to get unique subtitles ("Lucina wakes her Blade!?" and "Richter crosses over!"; Chrom and Dark Samus got the generic "join the battle!" that everyone in Japan gets (more specifically, everyone in Japan gets "[character] 参戦!" which means "[character] joins the battle!")

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I mean... technically Lucina also has a CGI video.

Richter's is part of Simon's, Lucina's is part of Robin's.

They're also both the only Echoes to get unique subtitles ("Lucina wakes her Blade!?" and "Richter crosses over!"; Chrom and Dark Samus got the generic "join the battle!" that everyone in Japan gets (more specifically, everyone in Japan gets "[character] 参戦!" which means "[character] joins the battle!")
Come to think of it, what subtitle could a Felix or Matthew echo get?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mean believing a character is happening that has really no merit without a good reason is a bit silly.

But like... we got a partially confirmed leak with Gothitelle in it lol.

Also, I'm not sure why we are listening to GameFAQs (or general SmashBoards). What anyone says is irrelevant as to which characters we actually wind up getting.

Plus like with all these leaks speculation is INSANE. I got a Smash Roster "potential newcomer list" with 32 characters... and 1 of of them is Roxas from Kingdom Hearts and 1 of them is Felix from Golden Sun.

Smash speculation has never been more insane TBH. Not even Melee or Brawl speculation was this juicy.

"EVERYONE IS HERE!" changed the whole damn ball game. It broke fighting games.
Echo Fighters being so numerous and possible changed the speculation ball game.
And that August Direct with all those character confirmations after us getting told not to expect "too many more characters" damn destroyed any foundation of sanity we had left.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Please, this is a happy thread.
Which is why I linked to his user page instead of actually @'ing him. :laugh:
Punishepard on GameFAQS said:
The entire Smash fandom is intensely delusional and myopic.
Every game we get a little better.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The entire Smash fandom is intensely delusional and myopic.
Every game we get a little better.
I mean every game gets crazier and crazier because we are past the bottom of the barrel and have dug way past the Rabbit Hole into the Twilight Zone.

So they aren't wrong.

(Seriously, Felix could happen WITH ISAAC... after we got the entire roster of previously playable Smash Bros playable characters confirmed!!! That's freaking insane to sit and think about! What a Smash World we live in!)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean every game gets crazier and crazier because we are past the bottom of the barrel and have dug way past the Rabbit Hole into the Twilight Zone.

So they aren't wrong.

(Seriously, Felix could happen WITH ISAAC... after we got the entire roster of previously playable Smash Bros playable characters confirmed!!! That's freaking insane to sit and think about! What a Smash World we live in!)
"Smash Ultimate"... What a time to be alive...

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking, if my idea that Isaac "bursts" out of his AT item actually happens, that'd give hope again to the Ashley and Waluigi fans... wouldn't that be something.

I'm now at the crossroads, in other words Bilibin. Pondering whether to go Lighthouse first or Kolima first. Should probably do Kolima to make my Psynergy only run a bit easier on me, although I would like to see the Mia lines in Kolima... decisions decisions...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Smash Ultimate"... What a time to be alive...
Ken Masters (Street Fighter) vs. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic) vs. Richter Belmont (Castlevania) vs. Dark Samus (Metroid) vs. Chrom (Fire Emblem) vs. Impa (Legend of Zelda) vs. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) vs. Felix (Golden Sun) is a potential playable character match up we could get in a Smash game.

Like... not even those "Melee 2" fake rosters did anything THAT crazy. But we are 3/8th's of the way there and the first 2 are seeming like locks ATM.

This is like some deep deep deep MUGEN level roster stuff but it's all very possible.

Again, this is unprecedented. The "rules" have changed so much and it is insane. I don't think Smash speculation will ever be this crazy (or fun!) again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom