• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Here's my speculative conclusion on what happaned.

Loz had a friend, who was a low level worker at Nintendo of America, and he managed to get access to this demo before E3 began. Then, after the demo, some higher leveled worker started drip feeding false information, so they could weed out the leakers quickly. That is a very common practice in businesses. As it tests trust with it's workers.
Yeah, my friends who work at NOA were able to volunteer to work at E3, however I think low-level workers got stuck with Let's Go.

When I was able to demo smash with the rest of the Nintendo ambassadors the workers only knew about the base game.

So, if he had someone who had to set up the demos, they would def know that everyone is there.
In addition! The staff members who were helping with demos must have been shown how they want to get people in check.

Beforehand he didn't. After the reveal he shared a PM from June in which I believe he said K. Rool would be playable.
I mean look, if you knew that K Rule and Ridley are playbable Geno should of been a yes or no throw in the mix. Those are the big 3 of fan requests.

Like Loz said, he had to piece info together, maybe he heard that Skull Kid assist was gone and he plays a different role

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Retaining two songs is "removing all representation"? Coulda fooled me.

Potential Final Smashes
  • Ragnarok
  • Odyssey
  • Gaia Blade: Titan Blade
  • Sol Blade: Megiddo
  • Grand Gaia
  • Judgment
  • Catastrophe
  • Eclipse
  • Crystallux
  • Iris
This is how I see it.

With all these moves how can't he not be a fighter?

He has such a move pool

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, my friends who work at NOA were able to volunteer to work at E3, however I think low-level workers got stuck with Let's Go.

When I was able to demo smash with the rest of the Nintendo ambassadors the workers only knew about the base game.

So, if he had someone who had to set up the demos, they would def know that everyone is there.
In addition! The staff members who were helping with demos must have been shown how they want to get people in check.

I mean look, if you knew that K Rule and Ridley are playbable Geno should of been a yes or no throw in the mix. Those are the big 3 of fan requests.

Like Loz said, he had to piece info together, maybe he heard that Skull Kid assist was gone and he plays a different role
So what you're getting is that someone was able to demo the build a week before E3 would be a plausible explanation? Yes. (Though it could be a mid-tier employee.)

Also, why would Loz share it only in PM? That doesnt sound like someone who is confident in his info.

Not only that, but you could easily create another account, and send yourself all these crazy predictions, and screen cap whichever one you got right.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
So what you're getting is that someone was able to demo the build a week before E3 would be a plausible explanation? Yes. (Though it could be a mid-tier employee.)

Also, why would Loz share it only in PM? That doesnt sound like someone who is confident in his info.

Not only that, but you could easily create another account and send yourself all these crazy predictions, and screen cap whichever one you got right.
Yeah, that is what I am going to assume, all I know is one of my friends who left NOA said they could volunteer. However, they would get **** like FIFA and such.

People who got to help demo smash knew about the mechanics beforehand I belive.

In addtion. It was broken into 3 parts.

For everyone to play
For Nintendo ambassadors to play
For high press (IGN, Gamespot etc etc) to play

For high press, it was set in a different location on the show floor. Tables chairs etc etc, questions could be asked. The BIG tree house people relaxed there and talked a bit.

They didn't let any ambassadors in

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, that is what I am going to assume, all I know is one of my friends who left NOA said they could volunteer. However, they would get **** like FIFA and such.

People who got to help demo smash knew about the mechanics beforehand I belive.

In addtion. It was broken into 3 parts.

For everyone to play
For Nintendo ambassadors to play
For high press (IGN, Gamespot etc etc) to play

For high press, it was set in a different location on the show floor. Tables chairs etc etc, questions could be asked. The BIG tree house people relaxed there and talked a bit.

They didn't let any ambassadors in
So clearly, this isn't a low level employee. This was someone who worked there for awhile, and had gained acesss to both the trailer of Smash, as well as the demo.

I think the e3 build had ridley in it, so it would make sense that Loz's informant would know about if he had helped set up the smash demo.

McLapras

Smash Rookie
Retaining two songs is "removing all representation"? Coulda fooled me.

Potential Final Smashes
  • Ragnarok
  • Odyssey
  • Gaia Blade: Titan Blade
  • Sol Blade: Megiddo
  • Grand Gaia
  • Judgment
  • Catastrophe
  • Eclipse
  • Crystallux
  • Iris
This is how I see it.
The way Sakurai is changing final smashes, summons like Judgement and Iris would probably take too long. I feel like quick animations like Megiddo and Odyssey would have a much higher chance of becoming Final Smashes.

StormC

Smash Hero
The way Sakurai is changing final smashes, summons like Judgement and Iris would probably take too long. I feel like quick animations like Megiddo and Odyssey would have a much higher chance of becoming Final Smashes.
I don't know if Judgment would be any longer of an animation than what K. Rool's Blast-O-Matic looks like.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't know if Judgment would be any longer of an animation than what K. Rool's Blast-O-Matic looks like.
If judgement is really too long, they'd just cut out the landscape segment.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
So clearly, this isn't a low level employee. This was someone who worked there for awhile, and had gained acesss to both the trailer of Smash, as well as the demo.

I think the e3 build had ridley in it, so it would make sense that Loz's informant would know about if he had helped set up the smash demo.
Yep, and from my friend
"Yeah they know about the demo and get to play it because they have to set it up days before."

So people who set up the demos got to play it

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Off topic but are we sure that's his final smash? When I watched the trailer I thought that might have been a story mode cutscene instead. Then again, I'm probably spouting nonsense here haha.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Off topic but are we sure that's his final smash? When I watched the trailer I thought that might have been a story mode cutscene instead. Then again, I'm probably spouting nonsense here haha.
It's his final Smash. He charges into DK in his character trailer to begin it, and the website description for him says it's his final smash.

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
I think you guys are missing something very important here... his taunts. What would they be?

McLapras

Smash Rookie
Judgement itself takes about 15 seconds start to finish. All of the other final smashes seem to be about half that time, even the cinematic ones like Ridleys.

If judgement is really too long, they'd just cut out the landscape segment.
Or they could speed it up, but i always felt like judgement and all of the golden sun summons felt so good to use was because of the immense build up before each attack.

Last edited:

James Tutumbero

Smash Rookie
I think you guys are missing something very important here... his taunts. What would they be?
I put them in my moveset, but I don't want to look like a spammer, so here they are:
Taunt 1: Makes small rocks fly around him
Taunt 2: A Djinni appears, flies around Isaac and he laughs
Taunt 3: Thumbs up with the psynergy hand

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
So I know that we all want Isaac in smash, but I m curious to know if you all could pick any other gaming character, regardless of what system they were on or liscensing issues etc.,to also get in who would it be and why?

I would say Gunstar Red and Blue from the Gunstar Heroes game for Genesis.
They are set up pretty well to be transferred to a fighting game with various kicks, punches, and throws. As well as 4 different bullet options to use as attacks. Homing shot, laser, flamethrower, and force shot. These can also be combined to create unique shots. Example flame and force creates large balls of energy that explode on contact. Flame and laser creates a lightsaber looking energy stream that can block projectiles. They would be very unique compared to other fighters already in the game. And they have 2 great designs that could be alternate costumes.

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
So I know that we all want Isaac in smash, but I m curious to know if you all could pick any other gaming character, regardless of what system they were on or liscensing issues etc.,to also get in who would it be and why?

I would say Gunstar Red and Blue from the Gunstar Heroes game for Genesis.
They are set up pretty well to be transferred to a fighting game with various kicks, punches, and throws. As well as 4 different bullet options to use as attacks. Homing shot, laser, flamethrower, and force shot. These can also be combined to create unique shots. Example flame and force creates large balls of energy that explode on contact. Flame and laser creates a lightsaber looking energy stream that can block projectiles. They would be very unique compared to other fighters already in the game. And they have 2 great designs that could be alternate costumes.
Probably rayman because I played it so much on playstation 1 back in the day. He could have a hoodie alt and a scarf alt.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think one would involve Flint (his first Venus Djinn) floating around him.

Another really cool one would be if they brought back the Happy/Sad face emotes from when you're saying yes or no. Not sure if they'd do that but it would be super nostalgic.

I had another idea for a taunt he could summon a psynergy hand to do a thumbs up.

I also had an idea that on the end of battle screen if Isaac loses the battle he could summon two psynergy hands to clap for him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Judgement itself takes about 15 seconds start to finish. All of the other final smashes seem to be about half that time, even the cinematic ones like Ridleys.

Or they could speed it up, but i always felt like judgement and all of the golden sun summons felt so good to use was because of the immense build up before each attack.
You could certainly argue it would be less impactful if Judgment was a quicker animation, but it isn't like it would be impossible for the cutscene to be within that timeframe, since all Judgment does is fire a (big ass) beam.

McLapras

Smash Rookie
Banjo & Kazooie
Besides the N64 games being a blast to play they have so much personality to them. I know smash is a series that has basically zero dialog (besides codecs/guidances) , but if these two were to break that rule i wouldn't be surprised or upset.

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
Also how does one become a supporter? Isaac has been a dream of mine since smash 4 and would be pretty cool. Also I like how supportive and cool this community is to its members and to fans of other characters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Banjo & Kazooie
Besides the N64 games being a blast to play they have so much personality to them. I know smash is a series that has basically zero dialog (besides codecs/guidances) , but if these two were to break that rule i wouldn't be surprised or upset.
I love how there's so many Isaac fans who seem to be big Banjo Kazooie fans too.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Banjo & Kazooie
Shenmue is also one of my faves so Ryo Hazuki but that's not even feasible.....feasible character though I'd have to say rockman.exe form....love the chip system

KMDP

Smash Legend
You could certainly argue it would be less impactful if Judgment was a quicker animation, but it isn't like it would be impossible for the cutscene to be within that timeframe, since all Judgment does is fire a (big ***) beam.
About Judgement, you could make it work like Bahamut's Mega Flare in Midgar.

Have it come down a long way away, fire it's blast and slowly encroach upon the stage.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I was pretty young when brawl was out and I was not old enough to know that all these communities existed but I had golden sun for the longest time. I am currently playing TLA atm.

Well, the reason Isaac has a big following was due to him being an assist trophy in brawl, as well as having a remix in brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSlsV6ysY4

During the smash 4 days, i remermber that both Shulk and Isaac were fighting over who had a better chance to be in smash bros.

Well, his assist trophy was taken out entirely. and we only got ripped song from Dark dawn.

However, i think we have a better chance now due to him being a popular ballot pick. :D

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: I see quite a few people saying they are currently playing Golden Sun. Is the game available on one of the eshops or are you emulating because I would love to replay it.

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
Quick question: I see quite a few people saying they are currently playing Golden Sun. Is the game available on one of the eshops or are you emulating because I would love to replay it.
I have it on the original platform I'd recommend emulating or it is on the Wii U

Top Bottom