• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
On Twitter they said it was 80% complete in June and it was coming this summer so it might be done by September if they stick to that date
Woah woah woah, is this for the first chapter - or the WHOLE game? I'll be flipping out if the latter's true... :025:

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I'm just saying that, if Isaac gets confirmed to be a playable character, I think my hype will explode to undiscovered heights.

I already got my first wish granted TWICE in the same row (I only wanted Simon but HECK I got Simon AND Richter for Smash Ultimate, what a damn time to be alive !), so, since Isaac has been my second wish since all these years, if he gets playable, considering that I FINALLY got Castlevania in Smash, I think I'll go crazy, 'cause I'll have no more demands concerning playable characters in Smash afterwards.

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE !

This Rathalos screenshot ain't no joke that's for sure !

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I've rarely changed my main. It has been Link through and through. I might take on Shulk and Duck Hunt but Toon Link/Link have remained my mains (even if my profile shows Shulk).

If Isaac got confirmed Link would be dropped in a heartbeat. Exchange one blonde for another I say!

(I just noticed we are on our way to 125 pages! When we do I'll do another of my 5-minute post-it note memes. Because it's fun to promote practical arts ;) )

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I've rarely changed my main. It has been Link through and through. I might take on Shulk and Duck Hunt but Toon Link/Link have remained my mains (even if my profile shows Shulk).

If Isaac got confirmed Link would be dropped in a heartbeat. Exchange one blonde for another I say!

(I just noticed we are on our way to 125 pages! When we do I'll do another of my 5-minute post-it note memes. Because it's fun to promote practical arts ;) )
Same I also main Link! I believe there are some Sm4sh characters from the base game, I never even used (from DLC I only bought Corin and Roy, so the others are unknown for me).

I wanted to say about Fire Emblem Fates, while the story has it's plot holes, give it a try everyone. The gameplay is smooth and really fun! I personally loved all three routes. Fates is one of my favourite Fire Emblem games and I almost played them all by now.

I want to share this (albeit today Awakening took 2nd place with 430 hours and Fates is about 460 by now): https://imgur.com/wtBqNDm

PS: At the time the picture was taken, I played through each path from Fates only once... and it had me occupied exactly a year!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Same I also main Link! I believe there are some Sm4sh characters from the base game, I never even used (from DLC I only bought Corin and Roy, so the others are unknown for me).

I wanted to say about Fire Emblem Fates, while the story has it's plot holes, give it a try everyone. The gameplay is smooth and really fun! I personally loved all three routes. Fates is one of my favourite Fire Emblem games and I almost played them all by now.

I want to share this (albeit today Awakening took 2nd place with 430 hours and Fates is about 460 by now): https://imgur.com/wtBqNDm

PS: At the time the picture was taken, I played through each path from Fates only once... and it had me occupied exactly a year!
I liked Fates a lot! So much I am working on a Ryoma costume just so I can have his suit of armour as decoration in my home. If Isaac got confirmed I would happily make one of him as well :)

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I liked Fates a lot! So much I am working on a Ryoma costume just so I can have his suit of armour as decoration in my home. If Isaac got confirmed I would happily make one of him as well :)
Nice! Lobster costume hehe, don't forget the Raijinto!

ferioku

Smash Ace
It really P***** me off that quite a lot of people are saying bad things towards this speculation. I mean like understandable, if it is a MH cover art then W/E, fair enough, but saying that Isaac is a waste of a character slot or things along them lines is going too far, you don't see us saying these things smh <,<.

This is literally what I've been seeing in multiple threads -.-

Edit: And this is only because they want their character in the game, if they got their character they wouldn't care LOL

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Nice! Lobster costume hehe, don't forget the Raijinto!
Raijinto was already made and looks ok! (For a first sword). The armour I had to rebuild as it torn apart BADLY.

But the new version is very tough

Oppp, best keep it related to Isaac.

Yay Isaac!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
This morning I came across this

Looks like these are the contenders for the top 6
4 newcomers and 3 echos

Since they are counting on the website echos not taking a spot
that would be 71 fighters if all of the 4 make it in

I can see it happening.
Bandana Dee is huge in Japan though, so have him go neck to neck with Banjo

Atm, this is the roster.
Isaac or not I am impressed and I am not complaining.

If we want GS rep, an AT will do

If we want real GS rep, Isaac playable will do

He scores in the top 10 in US and Europe on polls. it's up to Sakurai to see what he does with that info.

Also, remember this, if Camelot wanted to rep their game studio, they have Waluigi or Isaac, who do you think they would want more.

At the end of the day, we are going to get some GS rep in smash, AT or playable.

However, Geno or Banjo will be the last character to be shown off since they have the highest shock value

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I think we can assume there is going to be a Direct for the Online Service on September. Nintendo has'nt been too promotional with the service.

We all now there will give a classic game for all people who buys the service, so what if they add Golden Sun as a classic, like a virtual console like release? and then at the end of the direct Isaac is shown ?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think we can assume there is going to be a Direct for the Online Service on September. Nintendo has'nt been too promotional with the service.

We all now there will give a classic game for all people who buys the service, so what if they add Golden Sun as a classic, like a virtual console like release? and then at the end of the direct Isaac is shown ?
I am thinking this too. Sakurai is not opposed to revealing through normal Directs and has never been. But always limits it to one or two characters. So if we go by current logic, we will see ONE newcomer and possibly one Echo.

March Direct had Inklings and E3 had Daisy and Ridley. The logic doesn't stop there. If you look back over the Wii U period, the logic stands true there.

And given Sakurai will no doubt get a Smash Direct before launch (there are far too many modes for him not to have one), we can use logic here to determine we will get 1-2 newcomers there and 1-3 echoes there as well.

So, by simple understanding of Sakurai, we can determine that the total remaining newcomers is 2-3 and the remaining Echos are 1-4. Surprisingly the Echos are the more unpredictable due to their new approach. But overall 3-7 characters remain.

I have done statistics as well beforehand but I doubt anyone here would want to hear them. (My statistics tend to be realistic rather than optimistic so it might be a downer)

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace

4 newcomers and 3 echos

Since they are counting on the website echos not taking a spot
that would be 71 fighters if all of the 4 make it in

I can see it happening.
Bandana Dee is huge in Japan though, so have him go neck to neck with Banjo

Atm, this is the roster.
Isaac or not I am impressed and I am not complaining.

If we want GS rep, an AT will do

If we want real GS rep, Isaac playable will do

He scores in the top 10 in US and Europe on polls. it's up to Sakurai to see what he does with that info.

Also, remember this, if Camelot wanted to rep their game studio, they have Waluigi or Isaac, who do you think they would want more.

At the end of the day, we are going to get some GS rep in smash, AT or playable.

However, Geno or Banjo will be the last character to be shown off since they have the highest shock value
I don't want Him as a AT though >.<, that eliminates his chances to even be DLC!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't want Him as a AT though >.<, that eliminates his chances to even be DLC!
Nor do I, but let's just accept whatever we can get. Any GS rep is good rep.

I am thinking this too. Sakurai is not opposed to revealing through normal Directs and has never been. But always limits it to one or two characters. So if we go by current logic, we will see ONE newcomer and possibly one Echo.

March Direct had Inklings and E3 had Daisy and Ridley. The logic doesn't stop there. If you look back over the Wii U period, the logic stands true there.

And given Sakurai will no doubt get a Smash Direct before launch (there are far too many modes for him not to have one), we can use logic here to determine we will get 1-2 newcomers there and 1-3 echoes there as well.

So, by simple understanding of Sakurai, we can determine that the total remaining newcomers is 2-3 and the remaining Echos are 1-4. Surprisingly the Echos are the more unpredictable due to their new approach. But overall 3-7 characters remain.

I have done statistics as well beforehand but I doubt anyone here would want to hear them. (My statistics tend to be realistic rather than optimistic so it might be a downer)
We might get a direct focusing on "sprits" and DLC the two things that were blurred out.

I think they killed off the Wii U DLC new fighters quick since they started to work on this since 2015.

So I can see a longer DLC shelf life.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Nor do I, but let's just accept whatever we can get. Any GS rep is good rep.

We might get a direct focusing on "sprits" and DLC the two things that were blurred out.

I think they killed off the Wii U DLC new fighters quick since they started to work on this since 2015.

So I can see a longer DLC shelf life.
I think we will be getting a proper Smash-focused one. There are too many things missing confirmation
  • Event Mode
  • Master Hand & Crazy Hand Orders
  • "Spirits" Mode
  • Online Mode
  • All-Star Mode
  • Smash Run / Smash Tour
  • Trophies (we haven't seen them confirmed at all yet)
  • And the rest
If I had a guess using my old Direct frequency statistics, I'd say we'll be getting a normal Direct next month and November's Direct (which always happens) will be for Smash Bros

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae

True they can potentially confirm Isaac and Felix in that September direct and it's clear we are going to have an ultimate smash direct before launch with many characters. Hopefully our Golden boy will be in one those directs ^^

Like Shulk got announced in a special 3DS direct Isaac could totaly be showned in the online direct

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Even though I never actually played Golden Sun myself, I always found his potential moveset interesting. Plant/earth based characters aren't common in fighting games and I still hope he makes an appearance. Though the suggestion of Lycanroc recently might make him in comptetition for the earth based fighter. On the other hand there is currently no current gen pokemon I want more than Lycanroc Dusk form. But on the other my Support for Isaac started right before Brawl. And it's nore fun to have a new franchise representative instead. I could still see them both though, aslong Isaac has more of a basis in plant and energy based moves. Him not having been anounced as an assist trophy yet is good news.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man I haven't played GS in years. I always liked Issac, and would love him in the game, but I find he BARELY falls out of the 13 I want/see coming. To be fair though he is MUCH more likely then Donbe and Hikari, who I so want but I am not getting my hopes up, but sign me up for him. He is very likely if Sakurai is paying attention to the Ballot

zferolie

Smash Hero

4 newcomers and 3 echos
That is some great art. Not sold on Ken as I would like a different Capcom getting a rep if we get another capcom. Isabelle, Shadow, and Geno I see are shoe ins. Banjo and Issac are in the 90% range as well

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's a bit insane to me that there could be things hinting at the inclusion of both Isaac (Sakurai's tweet) and Banjo & Kazooie. (vergeben mentioning Minecraft content in the game)

It's the kind of thing that makes me think it must be wrong because there's no way I'd get two huge characters from my childhood in one game.

On another note, even though I don't care much for Isabelle and Shadow. I was thinking it would be cool if they had a direct that revealed Isaac, Skull Kid, Isabelle and Shadow. It would be like the assist trophy comeback direct.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
That is some great art. Not sold on Ken as I would like a different Capcom getting a rep if we get another capcom. Isabelle, Shadow, and Geno I see are shoe ins. Banjo and Issac are in the 90% range as well
If even half of those are the final newcomers I would be totally okay with this. Even just Isabelle, Ken and Shadow make the roster incredible.

That just shows how well Sakurai has done the roster this time

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
It's a bit insane to me that there could be things hinting at the inclusion of both Isaac (Sakurai's tweet) and Banjo & Kazooie. (vergeben mentioning Minecraft content in the game)

It's the kind of thing that makes me think it must be wrong because there's no way I'd get two huge characters from my childhood in one game.

On another note, even though I don't care much for Isabelle and Shadow. I was thinking it would be cool if they had a direct that revealed Isaac, Skull Kid, Isabelle and Shadow. It would be like the assist trophy comeback direct.
You know....those 4 fighters could just have their own direct. They are here to fight for real now! All former AT
hmmm I would love to see that.

If even half of those are the final newcomers I would be totally okay with this. Even just Isabelle, Ken and Shadow make the roster incredible.

That just shows how well Sakurai has done the roster this time
Exactly, Isaac or not we got one hell of a roster.
I am extremely happy

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
To those asking about the GS Dub, I can answer that question since I'm a part and helping host it on YT.

It's a full series, ALA the entire game; Certain scenes are animated and everything. It's mostly refining mixing and touch-ups. I believe last I checked, one of the main characters was missing lines too.

Here's the first scene: https://youtu.be/Pwe3qbRVLho

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
To those asking about the GS Dub, I can answer that question since I'm a part and helping host it on YT.

It's a full series, ALA the entire game; Certain scenes are animated and everything. It's mostly refining mixing and touch-ups. I believe last I checked, one of the main characters was missing lines too.

Here's the first scene: https://youtu.be/Pwe3qbRVLho
Amazing job you did there!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

An assist trophy direct would be quiet a hype theme to go with. It would keep people guessing on who's getting promoted too. Starting with Isaac and ending with Skull Kid is genius and maintains that little newcomer pattern we were having. Seriously starting the direct with Isaac would be the biggest comeback of 2018

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I've also noticed a pattern with these newcomers.

They reveal a "hero" character in the beginning of the direct, then they end with a "villain" character.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What do you think of a prequel? A game set in the era of Alchemy and maybe even locking it away as the main goal? I always thought that’d be a hell of a game. Ancient Weyard. Awesome.
I would love a prequel! You could be the team that seals up Alchemy, or thy to stop that group. It could go either way. They did state that GS & TLA were Prologues of a much bigger story.

I put in my vote!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I've also noticed a pattern with these newcomers.

They reveal a "hero" character in the beginning of the direct, then they end with a "villain" character.
And that hero character is also from an IP that has never been in Smash before. We had Inkling from Splatoon, Simon from Castlevania and here's hoping we get Isaac and Golden Sun next. All fingers are also pointing to Skull Kid too so we may get both in the same direct

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Interesting. Very interesting... *plots and schemes*
I think one of the leakers said that there was a "Villians vs Heroes" theme. Heck, Both Dark Samus and chrom are both a hero and a villain.

That said, there also seems to be a focus on newer and underrepresented franchises. Splatoon. Castlevania. Metroid. DK.

The only exception here is FE.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Imo Zelda could use one more rep and Pokémon will obviously get one but I think that should be it for the big main franchises. DK and Metroid were lacking representation and got it fixed so now I'm more interested in new IPs like Golden sun, Rhythm heaven, the Geno guy, Tales of, Layton etc ... getting in. I think it's more interesting and expend on the smash bros universe rather than building over already over-represented franchises.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac is announced to give Camelot the representation they deserve as a lomgstanding, loyal Nintendo partner. But due to a miscommunication his psynergy powers are all tennis- and golf-based.

"Isaac's Sol Racquet let's out a howl! Megiddo!"

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Isaac is announced to give Camelot the representation they deserve as a lomgstanding, loyal Nintendo partner. But due to a miscommunication his psynergy powers are all tennis- and golf-based.

Imagine if they remade the series, but made it all be based in mechanics of Mario Tennis-games.

Also the secret post-game boss is Waluigi

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Nintendo: "Wait, Isaac isn't the one that appears in our golf and tennis games?"

Top Bottom