• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
to be fair, the first three on that list could be fun. (though Zeke would be the far better choice, more expressive and fun. besides, we need more giant sword people)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Oh, for Iris's sake, Japan. What kind of list is this?!

I seriously hope Sakurai isn't giving the japanese fans any kind of preference. :glare:
I mean.

Its not a crazy one. Only the Yokai Watch one seems really off, Rex, Bandana Dee and Mimikyu are understandable, and Spring Man is a new IP.

Kind of weird for them to focus on such recent characters though, I agree.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I wish we had polls like this in the US/Canada. Would be interesting to see the results

But then again it would probably be:
1- Waluigi
2-Shrek
3-Goku
4-Captain America
5-a waluigi clone

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I loved Kid Icarus Uprising, so I enjoyed the Guidance bits. I've never played any Metal Gear games, but I liked Snake's reactions to the cast. I'm fine with either one coming back personally.
Personally, I'll always go with snake's codecs.
Since Pit never lost his role to Keith Sutherland.
And more of Snake is always a good thing.

I also wrote a possible codec for Isaac.

Snake: " Colonel, who is this kid staring me down?"

Colonel: "Which kid?"

Snake: "The blonde kid."

Colonel: "You have to be more specific, Snake."

Snake: "The blonde kid with the sword."

Colonel: "Again, very broad description."

Snake: "HOW MANY BLONDE GUYS WITH SWORDS COULD THERE POSSIBLY BE?!"

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Isaac deserves to be a fighter, hopefully him getting in allows other characters like Starfy, Chibi Robo, Saki etc to become fighters too. Tired of more representation from big franchises and people asking for literal one offs from big franchises.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Colonel: We count just default costume or alt too?

Snake: AAAAAAAARGH

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice

I would want that simply for the meme

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Colonel: We count just default costume or alt too?

Snake: AAAAAAAARGH
Colonel: "We count a slightly cartoonish vartiation? Or an overly cartoonish variation?"

Snake: "Can I go back to fighting Mantis?"

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I'll take the Japanese poll with a grain of salt.
With Ridley and King K Rule getting in I feel like the NA and EU ballots are were the new fighters are getting pulled from.

No news is good news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR329IbjstQ
Isaac is still missing.

Future fighter or DLC

Worst case is an AT (however playable or not GS is back in smash)

If he is an AT I wish sakurai would show it off, take the pain away, I don;t want to unlock him the same way I did in brawl. It was painful

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Oh, for Iris's sake, Japan. What kind of list is this?!

I seriously hope Sakurai isn't giving the japanese fans any kind of preference. :glare:
Japan does like a lot of good characters, but I honestly don't think I could bring myself to like the idea of Jibanyan in Smash. I had completely put Yokai Watch out of my mind for most of the past few years, with how little presence it has here.

Anyways, like someone else said, I think Ashley was one of the most requested characters in Japan, and she still didn't make the cut. Most of those characters are too new for the base game I think, and Jibanyan's support is really only in Japan as far as I can tell.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Why must you remind me...
Only to prove that he has no bias to any region.

(;; sorry.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR329IbjstQ
Isaac is still missing.

Future fighter or DLC

Worst case is an AT (however playable or not GS is back in smash)

If he is an AT I wish sakurai would show it off, take the pain away, I don;t want to unlock him the same way I did in brawl. It was painful
Honestly, we got to know if there is any GS representation at time all.

And if we got in as a AT, good. We've elevated to Saki's levels.
But if we got in as a playable character?

I'd be through the roof.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Okay so some reason I didn't get notified from this forum, but anyways if there is going to be a new Golden Sun release.
I really don't think that they should add in a waifu simulator mechanic into the gameplay, I don't mind fanservice that much, but
Golden Sun is a series that's meant to be more about the adventure/journey with fun puzzle designs and djinn collecting.
Honestly that's really all you need in this game besides maybe adding more side quests and minigames.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah, even though we are using Ashley as an example for this, doesn't mean that we have any ill will towards the idea of the character being in Smash. Personally, there are very few characters that I would directly oppose being in Smash. Mostly the idea of non-vg characters, really.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, even though we are using Ashley as an example for this, doesn't mean that we have any ill will towards the idea of the character being in Smash. Personally, there are very few characters that I would directly oppose being in Smash. Mostly the idea of non-vg characters, really.
"PlEaSe PuT SpanGBOb iN SmASHER."

"GoKU NEeDS tO bE In sMAsH."

Edit: For those that don't get the joke.
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/03/22/mewtwo-dlc-takamaru-and-sakurais-nico-nico-appearance/

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
If we're talking about Etika boy howdy have I got lots to say on him.

- The waifu thing has gone from a joke to creepy territory. Especially his obsession with Corrin's feet.
- His reactions really have gone from hilariously over-the-top to really boring. His K. Rool one especially - God, shut up for two seconds and watch the damn trailer instead of ranting.
- He says that certain word that starts with "n" way too much. Again, it went from being occassionally funny to just being childish and obnoxious. I'm not gonna pretend I know the guy, but it seems like he's playing a character too much.
- His reactions now do the opposite to me; they actually make me less hype.
I've seen a lot of direct reactions so far but not his. Funny enough a lot of them don't recognize Ritcher at 1st lol

The results are in! Japan has decided their top 5 most desired characters for Smash Ultimate!

1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
2. Rex (Xenoblade)
3. Spring Man (ARMS)
4. Mimikyu (Pokemon)
5. Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)

No Isaac insight, but I know he polled better in US and Europe!
dis make me sad :c
I see no Ashley... Perhaps her and Issac made the top ten though? I'm pretty sure I saw Ashley as #8 in some recent Japanese poll.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
With the Doom Dragon assist being shown and Isaac getting in, I think it serves to inspire other first parties Nintendo left to rot that they can come back too thanks to the fans. I hope people here help other first parties who are less fortunate to get into the fight once Isaac is revealed.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Uh, that wasn't the doom Dragon assist.
With the Doom Dragon assist being shown and Isaac getting in, I think it serves to inspire other first parties Nintendo left to rot that they can come back too thanks to the fans. I hope people here help other first parties who are less fortunate to get into the fight once Isaac is revealed.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Actually that's Rathalos, it's the camera angle that may be a hint

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
From the Kutthroats, you have my support. Isaac is one of those last highly requested picks from the Brawl era and it looks like this could be the game where that reality comes to pass. I think he could have had his day in For but was passed up for Robin.
Nonetheless, sign me up.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Please don't censor the words yourself. Let the autocensors take care of it.
I actually saw that video today. It's kinda cool that they mentioned Isaac being one of the possible characters being upgraded from AT to playable.

We owe it all to Sakurai's tweet. :awesome:
Shame that they overlooked Dillon and Saki.

But of course,

"We wOULD love ShADOW AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER."

Yeah, no ****. Everyone and their grandmother knows that shadow will be playable.

Try to shed spotlight on the other characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I actually saw that video today. It's kinda cool that they mentioned Isaac being one of the possible characters being upgraded from AT to playable.

We owe it all to Sakurai's tweet. :awesome:
Yeah that tweet really did bring up so much attention for us. I just think it's funny that the tweet was up since just after the direct and we only realized the possible reference yesterday

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Shadow and Isabelle are totally gonna be echoes. Those are easy predictions honestly, I'm terrible at pinning down Smash inclusions, but even I feel confident in those two.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Since him freaking crazy I'm still trying to find some reference from Sakurai tweet.

Me at work: Wouldn't it be funny if the fusion dragon could breath fire and poison foes just like the Rathalos, haha... should check this at home.

Deadly Gas: Used 17 out of 256 times, this is a monster skill where Fusion Dragon breathes white-hot red vaporous gas onto multiple Adepts, dealing a Venus-based attack with a power rating of 30 and a range of 3 (the Adepts on either side of the targeted Adept will only take 50% of the attack's force, instead of the normal 80%, however). While it does not do anywhere near as much damage on its own as the boss' other abilities, Deadly Gas may inflict each hit Adept with Deadly Poison, a very damaging status condition that should be removed as quickly as possible.
Damn...

I'm not sure it's really important but it's still there.

He also as various fire attack.

Sources: http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Dragon

https://twitter.com/IsaacforSmash/status/1028524808722497537

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Shadow and Isabelle are totally gonna be echoes. Those are easy predictions honestly, I'm terrible at pinning down Smash inclusions, but even I feel confident in those two.
AT least gamexplain isn't over explaining how shadow and Isabelle could be echo characters. Because they are so popular, it would be silly not to,

Since him freaking crazy I'm still trying to find some reference from Sakurai tweet.

Me at work: Wouldn't it be funny if the fusion dragon could breath fire and poison foes just like the Rathalos, haha... should check this at home.

Deadly Gas: Used 17 out of 256 times, this is a monster skill where Fusion Dragon breathes white-hot red vaporous gas onto multiple Adepts, dealing a Venus-based attack with a power rating of 30 and a range of 3 (the Adepts on either side of the targeted Adept will only take 50% of the attack's force, instead of the normal 80%, however). While it does not do anywhere near as much damage on its own as the boss' other abilities, Deadly Gas may inflict each hit Adept with Deadly Poison, a very damaging status condition that should be removed as quickly as possible.
Damn...

Huh, that's an interestin observation.

Does the doom dragon also do this, or just fusion?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Speaking of which, if those two became new echoes, and Isaac got in, wouldn't that make Isaac the 2nd unique AT to playable since he won't be based off anyone?

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Uh, that wasn't the doom Dragon assist.
yeah my mistake, I thought it looked off when compared to the original, don’t read Japanese fluently here

Bummer, hope Isaac does make it in though and serves as inspiration to other forgotten first parties

alguidrag

Smash Ace
AT least gamexplain isn't over explaining how shadow and Isabelle could be echo characters. Because they are so popular, it would be silly not to,
Gamexplain "Now we will say how Shadow would be a Sonic echo... he would be a black sonic... with a Gun... and Zelda's Up-b!"
"Oh and Isabelle will be exactly like villager... BUT SHE CAN THREW FRUIT SO MOST UNIQUE ECHO"

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Huh, that's an interestin observation.

Does the doom dragon also do this, or just fusion?
Just fusion, Ctrl F can't find the word poison on the doom dragon, and since Isaac is way more likely then Félix Sakurai probably made a reference to the first golden sun.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Damn...

Nice observation, I wouldve never thought of that. It honestly could be an intentional detail though it's unlikely

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
"Only those of the Mercury Clan can enter this place. However, I sense something special about you. I feel that I can trust you!"
"(Want to give a present?)"
Was that a line taken from Fates? I can hardly tell the difference...shameless player pandering of their infinite awesomeness, love defined by shallow gestures and fanservice...yeah looks like Fates. I don't remember the Mercury clan being in Fates.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Shame that they overlooked Dillon and Saki.

But of course,

"We wOULD love ShADOW AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER."

Yeah, no s***. Everyone and their grandmother knows that shadow will be playable.

Try to shed spotlight on the other characters?
I totally agree Saki should be playable! how big is the support for Saki anyways?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
yeah my mistake, I thought it looked off when compared to the original, don’t read Japanese fluently here

Bummer, hope Isaac does make it in though and serves as inspiration to other forgotten first parties
Well, the tweet does have the camera angle like golden sun. It has the 3 swordsman in order in which they joined. Just like Golden sun.

Heck, the Colosseum seems deliberately chosen.

Speaking of which, if those two became new echoes, and Isaac got in, wouldn't that make Isaac the 2nd unique AT to playable since he won't be based off anyone?
Yes, it would.

I totally agree Saki should be playable! how big is the support for Saki anyways?
Not big...

The fanbase is very vocal. But i'm sure it's very small. As for support here? Well, you saw the Gamexplain guys completely miss saki. What do YOU think the proper conclusion to take away from that?

Saki depends heavily on whether Sakurai really wants to add him in as one of those "Out of nowhere characters."

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Am I crazy for thinking is isabelle should just be one of villagers alternate skins?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Damn...

I swear, we are getting deeper and deeper into the hidden details of this screenshot......I like it.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not as big as it should be, but it didn’t lose as much people as Ray and it feels louder than Andy’s.

If Isaac gets confirmed we should all move to support his GBA-era/Brawl AT brethren.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I've been very wary of the new speculation since I saw Isaac as very unlikely from the announcement of this game, but... I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day. And you know what? This is Smash Ultimate. It may very well be Sakurai's last game. F it... I'm all in for wildly hoping Isaac will get the chance he deserved all the way back in Brawl! I've wanted him to be playable for so long, and the speculation brought up so many amazing memories of playing Golden Sun as a kid.

I think the biggest thing is the ballot and how many highly requested yet long neglected characters are finally becoming playable. People said Ridley would never be playable. Same for K Rool. Even Daisy. Isaac can beat the odds and join them! I'm starting to think he may have a chance, which I hadn't felt for a long time, but either way, I gotta support him! I will legit get tears in my eyes if I see him in HD on Venus Lighthouse!

ISAAC FOR SMASH!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Not as big as it should be, but it didn’t lose as much people as Ray and it feels louder than Andy’s.

If Isaac gets confirmed we should all move to support his GBA-era/Brawl AT brethren.
I mean, Saki has a chance. a very very slim one. He at least was a AT in 4. (He even became a AT due to fan demand. So who knows?)

Sakurai heavily favors S&P, so perhaps he'll want to turn him into a character. But that's a heavy assumption.

But like isaac, until we see his AT, he has a chance.

Top Bottom