• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I feel like the multiplayer colosseum would be a bit obscure for Sakurai to use as a reference since I don't think many people used it

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
After getting both Ridley and K. Rool, and the likely possibility that Lip is stil MIA, I really have nothing else to do for this speculation period than root for the other highly requested characters yet to be DC.

While my exposure to Golden Sun is minimal, I always figured Isaac would be a cool addition. I think he has tons of potential for a moveset, not to mention he hails from a series that I feel needs much more exposure, and hey, having another magic user would be cool.

With the direction Ultimate is going in term of its newcomer selection, I'm starting to think Isaac has a greater chance to become playable than ever before. Sure, nothing is guaranteed, but I feel he's right after K. Rool in terms of demand for any Nintendo owned character for Smash. And if that's what got K. Rool in, then Isaac can surely follow suit.

Stay strong, golden boys! Isaac may finally make his comeback...

As an Assist Trophy! If Grey Fox came back, what's stopping Isaac? :troll:
lol/jk, of course I mean playable fighter...
No. but seriously, it has always bugged me out that he was just gone from Smash 4

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Sakurai has reference a lot obscure things before like Game & Watch and Ice Climbers.
So it wouldn't be too weird to have Sakurai reference something like this.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Since i'm playing CS:S, i'd like to have another discussion going on here.

What GS music do you think is worthy or needing of a remix /if/ Isaac is a playable fighter?

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
No worries buddy, just messing with you. :awesome:

Speaking of this whole Twitter thing, I noticed a reply to @IsaacforSmash's tweet to Sakurai that I liked:

View attachment 157289

This kinda makes sense. We've been looking at the image wanting the chosen characters to LOOK like Golden Sun characters, but actually they're all the protagonists of these big adventure/fantasy games and are sword-wielding warriors. And Isaac fits perfectly with the rest of them. :love:
Lol, was not expecting you to show this xD

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Venus Lighthouse, Isaac's Battle Theme, and Saturos' Boss theme are the essentials. If those two songs don't get remixes, I will be surprised.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Honestly, if we don't get Isaac, I just hope our community will still take the hit with our heads held high. We know we've done what we could to support our boy and I think we can be proud of what we've achieved so far and just how many people we've gotten over the years to try out and enjoy Golden Sun.
If we do get hit, let's show the other butt hurt fans that we aren't like your normal community of fans. We still have our chance to rise up for a Golden Sun 4 or a remake and that will show them that we are chill and respected for it.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
The Golden Sun community is nothing like the ashley or waluigi fanbase.
Sunrise or Sunset, I think we will all behave and enjoy Smash Ulitmate.
That's right! We will have honor in what we get no matter what. Let's show them we are more mature than they think we are :D

Icana

Smash Apprentice

What GS music do you think is worthy or needing of a remix /if/ Isaac is a playable fighter?
Isaac Battle Theme, Jenna Battle theme, Golden Sun Main Theme are all musts. :)

Also, I want Hiroyuki Sawano to remix a Golden Sun song. Hee hee!

I also want to make an honorable mention to the battle theme against Briggs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvJOu-uLjg&index=16&list=RDkfr61smQMfQ

I just love Love LOVE the :32 second mark of this song!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

I need the Sol Sanctum Theme remixed/updated, Elemental Stars would be fantastic, Aqua Rock, Tundaria Tower, Jupiter Lighthouse, Mars Lighthouse and of course Doom Dragon Battle Theme just being updated. That would be a pretty amazing backdrop to fight on.

Some far shots but favorites of mine are Drums of Daila, Yallam, Ruins of Lemuria

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I wanna support Isaac. He was my vote for the ballot, but after he lost his spot as an assist trophy I kind lost my hope. This whole reference photo thing that Sakurai did put flames to my heart all over again.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I have always wanted Isaac in Smash since Brawl. I was a big supporter of him back then, but second to my #1 Geno. Geno has been the only character that I have thrown my hat in for this Smash because he has always been my #1. However, I am filled with such hope and hype after this most recent direct that I want to throw my support behind Isaac again as well. Golden Sun is on my top 5 favorite RPGs and I could truly see his inclusion possible netting us that sequel to Dark Dawn we all need. <3 I am so strongly hopeful for Geno and Isaac right now. =) *fingers crossed*
I feel you dude! I want both Geno and Isaac as well. Geno being my number 2 and Isaac my number 1. Both of our fan groups have been through a lot and placed in the dark for so long, we deserve our chance in the spotlight and that time is now!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Along with the series staples like isaacs battle theme, venus lighthouse etc, I think a Mars lighthouse remix would be sick

Edit: I just realized I NEED a colosso battle theme remix..like I LITERALLY need that

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Another thought about that image Sakurai posted and that Soren leak

2 characters in Sakurai's image match the series of characters in the leak and there was a unnamed character I think?

Link-Skull Kid, Marth-Soren, Shulk-Elma or Rex(?)
For Soren he would got Ike for sure

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
How would you guys feel if we had a stage that can switch off between all 4 lighthouses? Or they can be chosen in a way the Mushroom Kingdom 1-1/1-2 stage did since it was two different stages in one?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel if we had a stage that can switch off between all 4 lighthouses? Or they can be chosen in a way the Mushroom Kingdom 1-1/1-2 stage did since it was two different stages in one?
That sounds...complicated.

But interesting.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Regardless of how you look at it, the tweet picture is certainly interesting. It's either been angled that way to reference the Camelot angle, to obscure a 4th character to the right of Shulk (who is likely a sword wielding newcomer, possibly from a new series) or just because it gives a good view of the dragon and is a sweet action shot.

All three things are certainly a possibility, but always be prepared to accept the third one. It would be pretty cool if he had been forced to adjust the camera like that to obscure an unrevealed newcomer who's still being play tested.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Regardless of how you look at it, the tweet picture is certainly interesting. It's either been angled that way to reference the Camelot angle, to obscure a 4th character to the right of Shulk (who is likely a sword wielding newcomer, possibly from a new series) or just because it gives a good view of the dragon and is a sweet action shot.

All three things are certainly a possibility, but always be prepared to accept the third one. It would be pretty cool if he had been forced to adjust the camera like that to obscure an unrevealed newcomer who's still being play tested.
I mean, i think we'll be okay with being a AT over nothing.-

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm listening to the Lost Age OST now.

lol this song from the Lost Age sounds like something out of Donkey Kong Country 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Z2NvUPYVw&index=17&list=PLBFC277D047DDFDA3

And I can't go without mentioning this gem from the first Golden Sun that completely blew and engrossed my little mind so many years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVHkVpePMU Hearing "Hopelessness" with headphones on the small GBA was mind blowing to me back in 2002 when I played this game. I felt the heart strings tug as the story commenced with this song playing in the back ground.

Oh and guys, check out this rockin Venus Lighthouse remix I found on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKMTzrG92TE Starts off with a soft piano and then the guitar jumps in to kick it off. This would be pretty amazing to hear in Smash!

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I Just want him to be in the game, if he is AT... ok at least is a msg "Hey guys, we remember Isaac exists."
but if he is a fighter "HEY GUYS! READY TO SOME ACTION? READY TO A NEW GOLDEN SUN? WOOOOOOOOO"

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm honesty still surprised with how good the music is, because the GBA soundchip is a hunk of junk.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
What gba games do you guys think have the best soundtracks? For me it's golden sun, mother 3, metroid zero mission and metroid fusion

alguidrag

Smash Ace
What gba games do you guys think have the best soundtracks? For me it's golden sun, mother 3, metroid zero mission and metroid fusion
Golden Sun, Zero Mission, Ridley Screams from Metroid Fusion(just kidding, but please put this scream in smash), and 99% of FE 7 soundtrack

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
You know this "103 is the total" bugged me so I decided to read-between-the-lines like I did back when Labo was teased to figure out what was going on (yes I actually realized Labo was going to be controller craft related.).

And that I did this time around and if anything, it hints at MORE stages. Look at what Sakurai says

"The stage total IS TURNING out to be pretty impressive"
"Let's compare it to the TOTALS of the previous games"
"NOW the total number of stages is... voila!"
"103! We must be crazy"

I CAPS'd the important parts. Now you think. Why do this? Well look at it. NONE of them are PAST-TENSE. If it was, it would say "Has Turned Out", "Final Totals", and "Finally"

It is using PRESENT tense in everything he says. This is crucial as it states Sakurai is not done yet.
If that was final that would do a blow to hype from characters for potential new franchises (and a ROB stage) as Splatoon and Castelvania have both gotten stages to represent their series.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Golden Sun, Zero Mission, Ridley Screams from Metroid Fusion(just kidding, but please put this scream in smash), and 99% of FE 7 soundtrack
LOL YES ridley's screams were my absolute favorite!!! Honestly I never played fe7 but I played sacred stones and that has dope music as well

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's funny, because those are the exception.

Espicaly those SNES converted music. **they are bad**

Alot music on the GBA, even on some nintendo songs, are absolutely unpleasant.

That's because Motoi Sakuraba is a musical genius.
Tales Of Symponia's OST is still dope.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
It's funny, because those are the exception.

Espicaly those SNES converted music. **they are bad**

Alot music on the GBA, even on some nintendo songs, are absolutely unpleasant.

Tales Of Symponia's OST is still dope.
Really? I liked most of the GBA music(but... yeah I didn't play a lot of GBA games)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Golden Sun is my fav, but...

This underrated game called Riviera: The Promised Land also had an AMAZING OST on the GBA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGeDb_ZuApo Love this battle song!
Holy crap. This is gold.

I think my main issue with most music on the GBA is the same reason why 3d games on GBA didn't work.

The stuff deveolpers wanted with 3d, the GBA couldnt provide due to limitations.

Same can be applied to it's soundchip.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Last edited:
Top Bottom