• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Sign me up as a supporter! As King K. Rool just got into Smash Ultimate, I thought about some of the other characters that supported during Smash 4, with Isaac being one of them. Though I never officially put my support in the Smash 4 thread, I'd like to put in my support for this game. If a villain who made his last appearance 10 years ago could make a grand return in Smash Ultimate, a hero like Isaac can too.

ferioku

Smash Ace
WELL GUYS. I'm still going to take this with a grain of salt, just to make sure I don't get dissapointed in the long run, but this is most definitely convincing!!!!!!! There is no other character than can be represented like this, i'm 10000% certain! ^^

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I can barely keep up with the thread now, keep up the good spirits guys!

This hint may be totally innocent in nature, but I think it is a very good sign for Isaac. Camelot's signature 'sideways back pose' isn't really seen in many other games, and it looks a lot like the Fusion Dragon/Doom Dragon screen imo as well.

It's also great that we got a lot of exposure via the reddit post as well as Gamexplain's video! This is looking great so far guys, let's keep our momentum going!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gamexplain's video was totally like "Well, I guess I have to mention Isaac. Pft. Whatever. NOW lets talk about Shadow!" with how much attention they gave it, but oh well.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Full support from me.
I wanted him since brawl and his chances seem higher than ever.
So excited, I hope the dream comes true.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I can barely keep up with the thread now, keep up the good spirits guys!

This hint may be totally innocent in nature, but I think it is a very good sign for Isaac. Camelot's signature 'sideways back pose' isn't really seen in many other games, and it looks a lot like the Fusion Dragon/Doom Dragon screen imo as well.

It's also great that we got a lot of exposure via the reddit post as well as Gamexplain's video! This is looking great so far guys, let's keep our momentum going!
Switch Force made a video on it to and they really love golden sun

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
And she kinda is Isaac's wife.
Why kinda? You mean that even though she is the woman Isaac went on a wild goose chase for around Weyard and she gave birth to his child, she decided to live in Kalay and not with her family, that makes her kinda his wife? Pssh come on now, this is normal!

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Other than the image just looking cool, I think it's also possible it's just an extension of the Shulk reveal trailer? Shulk, Link, and Marth were all in that trailer.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Other than the image just looking cool, I think it's also possible it's just an extension of the Shulk reveal trailer? Shulk, Link, and Marth were all in that trailer.
The pay off doesn't really make sense by that.

It was Shulk vs Marth and Link.

Why would they fight together all of a sudden?

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
By the way the post on the Smash subreddit, it is back online again! Not sure if mentioned here... too many comments across various sites tonight to catch up with everything!

D

Deleted member

I go to get some Fried Chicken and when i return i stumble upon pages and pages of posts all thanks to a screenshot with Rathalos.

Well anyway, comic time.

The creators ended up leaving that Djinni out of the game because they forgot where they put the damn thing.

and that was the last of Saiki's comics, the next one will be from a completely different artist althogether!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Oh man, can't believe that screenshot is gaining traction. It's very true it looks a lot like the battle screen from Golden Sun. If this really is a hint... damn, that's pretty clever.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If we truly created a monster by a simple screenshot, it's the best monster we have ever created! It has gotten people to finally talk about Golden Sun and Isaac in such a big way. I'm so proud of our monster!

Whether this tweet was intentional or not, this has been the best time to be a Golden Sun fan in a long time.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
What should Isaac's victory chants be. Like how there's "Roy's our boy", "We like Ike", etc... Only thing I can think of is that meme from Dark Souls (of which Motoi Sakuraba also worked on).

'Praise the Sun!' Praise the Sun!' 'Praise the Sun!'

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
What should Isaac's victory chants be. Like how there's "Roy's our boy", "We like Ike", etc... Only thing I can think of is that meme from Dark Souls (of which Motoi Sakuraba also worked on).

'Praise the Sun!' Praise the Sun!' 'Praise the Sun!'
It would probably be "IIIIISAAC IIIIISAAC IIIISAAC" for English, and "ROOOOBIN ROOOOBIN ROOOOBIN" for Japan

They don't really do the cooler chants for characters unless there's an easy rhyme, like with Ike and Roy

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Poor Sakurai... he can't get a break...
Well we(me at least) are just having a prediction, speculation thing because of the image, we aren't(I think) playing a Waluigi with him and sending him death msg like "Put Isaac or I will drop the moon on your house", the only ones that do this are Waluigi fans.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Can we get Beard Isaac as an alt?

I mean we have Boy Ike and Swole Ike, we can have OG Isaac and Beard Isaac.

This roster of almost 70 lacks beards (just 'staches).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Poor Sakurai... he can't get a break...
Well we(me at least) are just having a prediction, speculation thing because of the image, we aren't(I think) playing a Waluigi with him and sending him death msg like "Put Isaac or I will drop the moon on your house", the only ones that do this are Waluigi fans.
and it was only two random Waluigi fans anyway, they aren't representative of the whole fanbase
Can we get Beard Isaac as an alt?

I mean we have Boy Ike and Swole Ike, we can have OG Isaac and Beard Isaac.

This roster of almost 70 lacks beards (just 'staches).
The problem with that is that Old Isaac and OG Isaac have very different proportions, due to being different ages. At best I could see an alt of Matthew.

And Snake has a beard too

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I kind of wonder what Sakurai is thinking right now with this situation? If it were me, I would like to see how many would get the reference (and leave everyone to tear each other apart for fun till the big reveal). If not many will get the reference, that's a shame. But if they do, I get to see how many people will be excited for the reveal.

Of course, it's difficult to know what goes on in that man's head. Hopefully he doesn't think we all are insane. I'm pretty sure he's smarter than that.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I kind of wonder what Sakurai is thinking right now with this situation? If it were me, I would like to see how many would get the reference (and leave everyone to tear each other apart for fun till the big reveal). If not many will get the reference, that's a shame. But if they do, I get to see how many people will be excited for the reveal.

Of course, it's difficult to know what goes on in that man's head. Hopefully he doesn't think we all are insane. I'm pretty sure he's smarter than that.
Sakurai in this moment

A) How this guys noticed the minimal reference? Man Isaac's fanbase are really sharp to notice things like that... I wonder if Isaac should be revealed soon or just a week before the game's release?

or

B)... Who is Isaac again? Why all this dumb children that have nothing better to do are speculating about a random image I sent while I was testing the AT? Man, I will be sure to remove all content of this "Isaac" thing.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/96t9u5/sakurai_doesnt_like_to_tweet_because_smash_fans/

Wanted to bring this to attention.

And i want everyone to understand that we shouldn't harass sakurai. We aren't the waluigi fans.

Let's try to be respectful of Sakurai, and supportive of Isaac. :>
Of course. We should treat Sakurai with the upmost respect no matter what happens, he overworks himself making these games.
Sakurai in this moment

A) How this guys noticed the minimal reference? Man Isaac's fanbase are really sharp to notice things like that... I wonder if Isaac should be revealed soon or just a week before the game's release?

or

B)... Who is Isaac again? Why all this dumb children that have nothing better to do are speculating about a random image I sent while I was testing the AT? Man, I will be sure to remove all content of this "Isaac" thing.
But the thing is Sakurai knows who Isaac is because of the Assist trophy in Brawl

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So someone mentioned that the Arena Mode in Golden Sun used 3 characters, but it seems like you can use 4 characters as you can see in this YouTube video. I kinda remembered it being 3 as well, but it's been a while since I last play, and I didn't use that mode that much.

Honestly, seeing that Arena gameplay and how the background matches the Smash screenshot so well (spectators, arches and all), just gets my hopes up more. Especially because you mostly fought big monsters in that Arena.

Just another tidbit I wanted to share. Embarrass

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
You're forced to use three in Link Battles against other players, since the game can't handle 4 adepts on each team.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You're forced to use three in Link Battles against other players, since the game can't handle 4 adepts on each team.
But it's not a link battle, it's a monster battle.

So the question that is appropriate here that is to complete the reference is,

Where is the 4th member?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Another thought about that image Sakurai posted and that Soren leak

2 characters in Sakurai's image match the series of characters in the leak and there was a unnamed character I think?

Link-Skull Kid, Marth-Soren, Shulk-Elma or Rex(?)

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Another though about that image Sakurai posted and that Soren leak

2 match characters in the leak and there was a unnamed character I think?

Link-Skull Kid, Marth-Soren, Shulk-Elma or Rex(?)
Elma is much more likely than Rex&Pyra for existing during the ballot and being ready for the Project Plan. And personally I find her more interesting:estatic:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Right... I knew the 3 character thing had to be in my memory for some reason, but I wasn't sure if it was due to multiplayer. Thanks!

But it's not a link battle, it's a monster battle.

So the question that is appropriate here that is to complete the reference is,

Where is the 4th member?
Agreed. I think more than representing any type of 3 player mode, it's implying that the 4th member in the lineup (Isaac) is missing from the picture. :love:

Top Bottom