• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
It's funny, because those are the exception.

Espicaly those SNES converted music. **they are bad**

Alot music on the GBA, even on some nintendo songs, are absolutely unpleasant.

Tales Of Symponia's OST is still dope.
Not to mention Star Ocean, Baten Kaitos and Dark Souls. :D

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I guess we can't forget the two other Sakuraba/Camelot games on GBA: Mario Tennis Power Tour, and Mario Golf. They had some good tracks, such as Game point from Mario Tennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0enBkjdXYI (basically a Golden Sun battle theme lol)

Also, I haven't listened to Mega Man Battle Network's OST before. I'll have to check that out.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It's crazy to think the top two from this poll is now Isaac and Banjo Kazooie. If that means they could both get in, that would be phenomenal.

Also there are so many new posts! I'm losing track of all the likes I'm dishing out.
The similar thing about Isaac and Banjo is they are franchises I feel best make the most out of their home consoles and are the higher legacy franchises on a Nintendo console thay deserve to be represented

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The gba soundchip is bad, but it was serviceable for what the system was.
I mean, yes. It was servicable for the system it was on.

But GBA had a terrible compression system, and most developers used it to cut the cost of their game.

The only good soundtracks on GBA are the original pieces that used the limitations to their advantage.

Lmaooo my ears are bleeding from that hahaha, I can see this track being used for one of those dank meme videos
IKR???

Not to mention Star Ocean, Baten Kaitos and Dark Souls. :D
Oh Baten Kaitos...That is forever a dead franchise.

Oh yeah, I guess we can't forget the two other Sakuraba/Camelot games on GBA: Mario Tennis Power Tour, and Mario Golf. They had some good tracks, such as Game point from Mario Tennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0enBkjdXYI (basically a Golden Sun battle theme lol)

Also, I haven't listened to Mega Man Battle Network's OST before. I'll have to check that out.
Motoi obviously worked on those.

And BN has really dope music tbh.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Honestly part of me wants megaman.exe as a fighter in smash but I don't see it happening :/

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Baten Kaitos, I wonder if that BK song from Smash 4 will return, and where will it play? I was surprised that song even made it into Smash.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Speaking of Baten Kaitos, I wonder if that BK song from Smash 4 will return, and where will it play? I was surprised that song even it into Smash.
Wait, what?

Also, i found this on Golden Sun's Reddit page.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Speaking of Baten Kaitos, I wonder if that BK song from Smash 4 will return, and where will it play? I was surprised that song even made it into Smash.
It's an unlockable song that'll play on Gaur Plain. Makes sense given Monolith developed both.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I mean, yes. It was servicable for the system it was on.

But GBA had a terrible compression system, and most developers used it to cut the cost of their game.

The only good soundtracks on GBA are the original pieces that used the limitations to their advantage.

IKR???

Oh Baten Kaitos...That is forever a dead franchise.

Motoi obviously worked on those.

And BN has really dope music tbh.
Fair enough, but Baten Kaitos still had some of the best OST, as well as Star Ocean. Man, I just really love Motoi Sakuraba's compositions in all the games he has done music in.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It'll probably remain on the Gaur Plain stage. (or tied to Xenoblade stages in general)

It was developed by Monolith so it doesn't make sense for it to be anywhere else.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I'm new here and my English is really bad but I need to express my support for Isaac.
First, I'm Peruvian and here we can't buy Nintendo stuff easily for the excessive price and the short salary. But thankfully when I was a child my cousins had a N64 and I became an Smash fan quickly. In 2011 when I was 13 I saved money for a year to buy a Wii with Brawl.
When I saw Isaac with his giant hand that was "love at the first see" and I became a fan of Golden Sun but I couldn't play his games :(. In the Wii U era I planned to buy the console if they had added Isaac but they didn't. I was very very sad and I lost my hope and interest for Isaac and his franchise.
6 months ago I remember that old times and finally played GS 1 and TLA in an emulator. I loved that games and since that time I multuplied my Isaac support for infinite. If they add Isaac I would lose my mind and make me very happy, seriously I need him. These Smash days where Isaac was ignored were really painful for me and I even couldn't sleep thinking about that. But today that 'leak' or 'clue' revive my hope. I didn't want to hype that image but man, it's very promising. Thank you for support Isaac and not let him die all those years and if he finally come to Smash I will main him for the rest of my life. RIP Yoshi.
#IsaacForSmash

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough, but Baten Kaitos still had some of the best OST, as well as Star Ocean. Man, I just really love Motoi Sakuraba's compositions in all the games he has done music in.
Me too. I love Motoi Sakuraba. He was my favorite for many years, but I think now Hiroyuki Sawano has taken that mantle.

Sakuraba's work on Valkryie Profile is another standout from his works. Also Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata. The main theme of ES, "Jewel of the Heart", is sooo good!

Edit:
While listening to the rock version of the Venus Lighthouse posted earlier, I saw this one next up on the list. The bass in the first portion is just amazing. This is what epic tracks are made of!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680WC_F0sHg

And then... well this one just gives me straight up shivers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqVBQKrNdy8
That Elemental Stars song is very beautiful. T_T

Edit2: Oh snap! That brief Jenna battle remix from that Mars Lighthouse remix was hot!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Whoa this thread jumped ahead quite a bit again, but I’m loving it! Love all the music clips posted here, it really made me realize how awesome the music in GS is, truly nostalgic even. We better get some of that goodness in Smash!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Me too. I love Motoi Sakuraba. He was my favorite for many years, but I think now Hiroyuki Sawano has taken that mantle.

Sakuraba's work on Valkryie Profile is another standout from his works. Also Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata. The main theme of ES, "Jewel of the Heart", is sooo good!
I don't know Sawano, but i remember not being entirely fond of X's soundtrack.
Nah they don't, at least not to Origins. Nintendo published that one.
Oh.

Hello. I'm new here and my English is really bad but I need to express my support for Isaac.
First, I'm Peruvian and here we can't buy Nintendo stuff easily for the excessive price and the short salary. But thankfully when I was a child my cousins had a N64 and I became an Smash fan quickly. In 2011 when I was 13 I saved money for a year to buy a Wii with Brawl.
When I saw Isaac with his giant hand that was "love at the first see" and I became a fan of Golden Sun but I couldn't play his games :(. In the Wii U era I planned to buy the console if they had added Isaac but they didn't. I was very very sad and I lost my hope and interest for Isaac and his franchise.
6 months ago I remember that old times and finally played GS 1 and TLA in an emulator. I loved that games and since that time I multuplied my Isaac support for infinite. If they add Isaac I would lose my mind and make me very happy, seriously I need him. These Smash days where Isaac was ignored were really painful for me and I even couldn't sleep thinking about that. But today that 'leak' or 'clue' revive my hope. I didn't want to hype that image but man, it's very promising. Thank you for support Isaac and not let him die all those years and if he finally come to Smash I will main him for the rest of my life. RIP Yoshi.
#IsaacForSmash
Whoa this thread jumped ahead quite a bit again, but I’m loving it! Love all the music clips posted here, it really made me realize how awesome the music in GS is, truly nostalgic even. We better get some of that goodness in Smash!
Thank you so much for your support. I like how more people are wanting isaac more and more by the day.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

I can't blame you for falling for Sawano's music, since he made a lot of epic OSTs for a ton of animes and his music in Xenoblade Chronicles X was freaking fantastic!

In order my favourite composers are Motoi Sakuraba, Kenji Ito, Yoko Shimomura, Falcom Sound Team, Junichi Matsuda.

#IsaacForSmash
Welcome to the Smash boards and don't worry about your English, it is not as bad as you think it is. It is actually quite good! Glad to see more Golden Sun support, feel free to join us in some conversations. I am so grateful to everyone for the support we have of Golden Sun, man you guys are just so awesome!!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, we have "GBA era" characters in smash? We have Roy, of FE6 that was on GBA, but after him we have another "GBA born" character?

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Guys... we are just about to hit the 100 page mark.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, we have "GBA era" characters in smash? We have Roy, of FE6 that was on GBA, but after him we have another "GBA born" character?
We have Isaac,

And andy.

AND LUCAS.

sorry. i just forget because NINTENDO NEVER LOCALIZED IT.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Hello, feel free to add me to the supporter list. I'm in a rather odd position with this character, I have never once played a Golden Sun game, but having been a part of newcomer speculation since the Brawl days (at least in some way, shape, or form), I know how popular this character is and how passionate his fanbase is, and that makes me want him in as well. Honestly, I've always thought that the reason his AT was missing from 4 is that he was planned at some point and then for some reason didn't make it in, and they just never re-added the AT.

I'm optimistic that that Rathalos screenshot is indeed a hint, or at worst a nod (which would still be a good sign).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
N3ON N3ON I know I'm getting ahead of myself for this, but if (and when) Isaac is revealed, what will you rename the thread to be?

"The Golden Sun rises! Isaac confirmed for Smash!"

"The Golden Sun has risen! Isaac joins the party!"

Or something around those lines?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're getting a lot of mileage out of the old Pepe Silvia meme these days, aren't we? It must be that time of the Smash cycle. :laugh:
Somehow I don't think that tweet will be going anywhere for the next few months.

I'm enjoying all the extra attention Isaac is getting though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
N3ON N3ON I know I'm getting ahead of myself for this, but if (and when) Isaac is revealed, what will you rename the thread to be?

Let's wait on whether or not the light at the end of the tunnel is an actual light, or a dud.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I'll have exploded into a million little pieces and will be trying to reform myself, so renaming the thread probably won't be my greatest concern.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Let's wait on whether or not the light at the end of the tunnel is an actual light, or a dud.
Of course. I was just curious what it could be renamed to. Hoping for that day to come. Still can't believe we've been here waiting for over 12 (?) years now.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

“The Sun shines on our Golden boy! Isaac confirmed for Smash!”

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize that Golden Sun Remastered music had such a large community, even going into youtube. Some user named 0rangaStang has 146 songs remastered in a playlist alone. Coupled with the few dozen rock versions and piano/guitar remakes, it's quite a bustling market. I could get lost for days inside this new discovery, seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baj44F06k4E&list=PLBD3FB7C5BE643E05&index=4

Just listen to this Jupiter Lighthouse remake, it's absolutely ethereal and haunting. I think I've made a decision to replay the games once again because I'm falling in love all over again.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Somehow I don't think that tweet will be going anywhere for the next few months.

I'm enjoying all the extra attention Isaac is getting though.
Frankly I'm still shocked Gamexplain made a video about it. Even though current popularity doesn't actually matter that much compared to that of 2015, I really hope it continues to make the rounds. Can't hurt. Someone's gonna hafta take ol K. Rool's Krown. ;)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I didn't realize that Golden Sun Remastered music had such a large community, even going into youtube. Some user named 0rangaStang has 146 songs remastered in a playlist alone. Coupled with the few dozen rock versions and piano/guitar remakes, it's quite a bustling market. I could get lost for days inside this new discovery, seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baj44F06k4E&list=PLBD3FB7C5BE643E05&index=4

Just listen to this Jupiter Lighthouse remake, it's absolutely ethereal and haunting. I think I've made a decision to replay the games once again because I'm falling in love all over again.
That's pretty good.

Top Bottom