• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I have always wanted Isaac in Smash since Brawl. I was a big supporter of him back then, but second to my #1 Geno. Geno has been the only character that I have thrown my hat in for this Smash because he has always been my #1. However, I am filled with such hope and hype after this most recent direct that I want to throw my support behind Isaac again as well. Golden Sun is on my top 5 favorite RPGs and I could truly see his inclusion possible netting us that sequel to Dark Dawn we all need. <3 I am so strongly hopeful for Geno and Isaac right now. =) *fingers crossed*

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Now they know we're ready for the war to come, some will say that is impossible, others will say that he don't deserve, idiots will call him a generic anime FE swordsman, a random guy will say that he is Waluigi using a mask. But Isaac is now on the Fight he is now in the same league as others major predictions, now its time to our sun rise once again.
(Golden Sun title screen music starts)

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Man it is crazy how the community is blowing up about this random picture, I believe but from an onlookers perspective the picture probably meant next to nothing. Here's hoping it isn't

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Isaac is no where near being a Fire Emblem character!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Perhaps we, the fans, have created a monster bigger than anything we could have ever imagined.-

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
There’s a comment on the GameXplain video saying that they think the picture is referencing Monster Hunter box art, but I can’t find any that would match. Does anyone know which box art they might be referring to?

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps we, the fans, have created a monster bigger than anything we could have ever imagined.-
Maybe we did..

I can't tell you enough how much I love this!! :joyful::bluejump::rotfl:

There’s a comment on the GameXplain video saying that they think the picture is referencing Monster Hunter box art, but I can’t find any that would match. Does anyone know which box art they might be referring to?
Monster Hunter World apparently: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...MHW_PS4.png/revision/latest?cb=20170613040825

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
There was a link to that under the comment, it's the box art for monster hunter world. And while the screenshot kind of resembles the box art, the camera angle and stage selection for the smash pic just seems fishy to me. I'm hoping its a nod to both MH and GS

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I just noticed Link wields a bow like that guy on the box art BUT Link wields a sword the way Felix does hahahaha

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

Theres none, it comes from gamefaqs.

No boxart have the same arrangement, when it's close, its only one guy, not 3.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
even if it is, maybe someone will notice the way this flared up in just a fewhours and bite down on it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can’t believe Gamexplain cited Isaac’s middling Japanese popularity in their video and nothing from the regions he’s more popular in (eg every single other one), lmao.

Ah well, the fact that they included him at all is great. Though we we’re first on this pic, not reddit. :p

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I don't see why they wouldn't use Cloud if they wanted to do a boxart reference given his comically large sword would fit right in with Monster Hunter's larger than life weapons.

Edit - Also just gonna take a mini victory that I covered the Isaac thing on my channel before GameXplain got to it :p

Last edited:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
With the Dark Dawn website shenanigans and recent twitter picture I just HAD to log back in to see what was going on and am absolutely floored by all of the support for Isaac. This is the best chance he might ever receive so take my psynergy!

D

Deleted member

Considering two of the most wanted fighters ever both made the cut already in K. Rool & Ridley, I'm really happy that all the attention now will head towards Isaac.

Arteen

Smash Lord
While I don't personally care about GameExplain, I know they have a ton of viewers so I'm happy that Golden Sun will be on the minds of more than just us dedicated adepts.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's a weird feeling seeing something that I was a part of the initial discussion on blow up this much. 3 years ago when I first became a Smash fan, I don't think I ever could have imagined seeing anything like this blow up on reddit and Gamexplain after getting to see it initially.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So I'm thinking at this point the game is already ultimate. But if we got three more characters being Geno, Isaac, and Banjo. Then it would be perfect. Round us to a good 70 characters. And throw in a few more fan favorites as echos.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Also, i just saw Billybae10K Billybae10K 's latest video about Loz18 and Verge.

Something stood out to me when talking about Loz was the inclusion of this.

"There's /interesting/ information that can be obtained by looking at the backgrounds of the fighters, and art of the Super Smash bros Website."

And here we are, speculating about something that sakurai posted that was straight from the website.

Loz isnt the most credible leaker, but that speaks to me that perhaps there is more that meets the eye.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Also, i just saw Billybae10K Billybae10K 's latest video about Loz18 and Verge.

Something stood out to me when talking about Loz was the inclusion of this.

"There's /interesting/ information that can be obtained by looking at the backgrounds of the fighters, and art of the Super Smash bros Website."

And here we are, speculating about something that sakurai posted that was straight from the website.

Loz isnt the most credible leaker, but that speaks to me that perhaps there is more that meets the eye.
That quote did come a few days after the E3 Direct, so I believe he was just referencing stages we could see via the backgrounds of each fighter page. That being said, I won't be surprised if the site has a few secrets for us to discover.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Isaac is the only character I actively want in SSBU, and all this buzz around him is exciting! I'm ever the pessimist, so I'm not holding my breath and I'm very satisfied with the roster as it stands, but still...

I'm personally a fan of the idea of Isaac equipping different Djinn as a Down B to change the nature of his other specials, while his A attacks are Field Psynergy/fist moves at mid-range. But again, I'd just be happy to see him in however they handle his moveset.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I know it's been posted a lot but... What did Sakurai mean by this? (Also I just wanted an excuse to post the unobscured version.)
To play devil's advocate, Marth and Link (Or atleast armor kits based on them) are in Monster Hunter Generations. Shulk is the odd one out because he hasn't been in Monster Hunter (as fair as I'm aware). Hell even Samus was in Monster Hunter.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I'm a King K. Rool supporter and since we got the King in I wanted to wish you all the best of luck!

I hope Isaac gets his debut in Ultimate!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
To play devil's advocate, Marth and Link (Or atleast armor kits based on them) are in Monster Hunter Generations. Shulk is the odd one out because he hasn't been in Monster Hunter (as fair as I'm aware). Hell even Samus was in Monster Hunter.
Huh. That is another possibility.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well I tried to play the original GS naming everyone but Isaac with names of Smash fighters, but damn is strange to look a Garet named Roy, a Ivan named Pichu, and a Mia named Zelda.

Top Bottom