• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
No worries buddy, just messing with you. :awesome:

Speaking of this whole Twitter thing, I noticed a reply to @IsaacforSmash's tweet to Sakurai that I liked:

View attachment 157289

This kinda makes sense. We've been looking at the image wanting the chosen characters to LOOK like Golden Sun characters, but actually they're all the protagonists of these big adventure/fantasy games and are sword-wielding warriors. And Isaac fits perfectly with the rest of them. :love:

I can see the four horsemen of the apocolypse memes now

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Honestly, if we don't get Isaac, I just hope our community will still take the hit with our heads held high. We know we've done what we could to support our boy and I think we can be proud of what we've achieved so far and just how many people we've gotten over the years to try out and enjoy Golden Sun.
I first would be disapointed but then with all the game has to offer i know i will have a huge fun time with friends and will handle it, but hey let's no talk about "IF" let's be positive until the very end, then at this moment if Isaac didn't get in by that time, then yeah we will remain a strong fanbase supporting for ever our Golden Boy and his saga introducing this awesome series to new players.

We still have at least 4 moths until the final day, so let's continue showing our love for Isaac until the very very end.

I'm sure Sakurai IS aware now more than never than the fanbase wants Isaac, and with all the speculations about this tweet he definirely knows/or is surprised by Isaac's popularity ^^

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I really hope Isaac isn't one of the last things shown. Even if he's an AT, I'd rather they get that out of the way sooner rather than later. I remember the dark Smash 4 times, the only real new thing we got was the Weyard theme...no AT or a Mii costume even, and then while that made way for DLC hype he didn't get that either. It was anti-climactic as hell, so while yeah if Isaac gets revealed late this time it'd still be very worth the wait, however if he doesn't, going through the same thing again would be the worst.

I like how they got K Rool and Ridley out of the way, and while I'm sad for the deconfirms like Waluigi and Ashley, if that was their fate it's better to show earlier than saving it for later. So regardless of how things turn out for Isaac, I hope that trend follows....

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Regardless of newcomer or not, that image is going to do wonders for our Support groups for Isaac. He'll eventually get in if we make our voice heard

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I’m gonna put on my tinfoil hat just to add more craziness to the pic Sakurai tweeted.

First off the pic is clearly zoomed in as if something is being hidden. Also, in Monster Hunter (as that is the game Rathalos comes from) you are allowed a maximum of 4 players on a map, and here we can see 3 being Shulk, Marth and Link. Interestingly enough, Golden Sun allows a max of 4 players in battle at once too. In Smash the first 4 player colors are Red for player 1, Blue for player 2, Green for player 3 and finally Yellow for player 4. This pic shows us: Shulk the RED swordsman, Marth the BLUE swordsman and Link the GREEN swordsman (yes I know he is in his champion’s tunic but green is forever tied to him). This leaves player 4 which is YELLOW and the before mentioned swordsmen are all main characters of their own series. So a main character of their own series who fits the color yellow...sound like our golden boy if you ask me.

Okay, I’m taking off my conspiracy hat now

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This thread has been very active lately, and I love it! I’m just happy that Sakurai and Nintendo acknowledged Golden Sun in any way, it’s feels very special when you look at it this way and makes me hopeful for more to come.

I actually first came to SmashBoards specifically for Isaac, and the fact that there are so many people that want Golden Sun acknowledged honestly something I haven’t seen more directly.

We already got King K. Rool and Ridley, two of the three most consistently supported characters, Isaac is the only one missing and it’s finally seems to be the time where he gets to shine.

It’s our turn now.

Also, let’s get more than 500 supporters here. We got 430 right now, that’s quick!

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I still have a firm gut feeling that Isaac will be the next newcomer to be shown for the game. For whatever reason, I can't see him being revealed at the start/end of a Smash only direct. So the only option would be a normal Nintendo Direct, of which I could see him being revealed (Either him or a Gen 7 Pokemon).

Today has shown that there are a lot of Golden Sun fans out there, on reddit, on twitter, even on 4chan. So if we end up needing to rally support for another Smash Ballot or a DLC rush if the worst happens, I think we've got a good community.

On another note - If Isaac is revealed, regardless of where he places in the "Tier" lists, who here will 100% be maining him till the end of time. Because no offense to my boy Yoshi, but I'd push him off the stage in a heartbeat for Isaac.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I still have a firm gut feeling that Isaac will be the next newcomer to be shown for the game. For whatever reason, I can't see him being revealed at the start/end of a Smash only direct. So the only option would be a normal Nintendo Direct, of which I could see him being revealed (Either him or a Gen 7 Pokemon).

Today has shown that there are a lot of Golden Sun fans out there, on reddit, on twitter, even on 4chan. So if we end up needing to rally support for another Smash Ballot or a DLC rush if the worst happens, I think we've got a good community.

On another note - If Isaac is revealed, regardless of where he places in the "Tier" lists, who here will 100% be maining him till the end of time. Because no offense to my boy Yoshi, but I'd push him off the stage in a heartbeat for Isaac.
Bro even if Isaac was the absolute worst character in the game I would still main him out of loyalty

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how this picture caused so much speculation xD I think it's great that not just one person went, "Hold up a sec this looks familiar"

I honestly do not feel like we're getting a gen 7 pokemon, as a pokemon fan myself decidueye is the only one i could see getting in (lack of fully evolved grass starter) which seems pointless now that Pokemon trainer has re-absorbed charizard.

Definitely an Isaac main here 100%

P.S. I don't see Isaac making it as DLC, most of the DLC characters in smash 4 were all hype characters Cloud, Mewtwo Bayonetta etc. and Isaac doesn't seem well known enough to sell his own DLC.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
This thread has been very active lately, and I love it! I’m just happy that Sakurai and Nintendo acknowledged Golden Sun in any way, it’s feels very special when you look at it this way and makes me hopeful for more to come.
We're also getting close to breaking the 100-page barrier, for what it's worth. So many views and replies, probably more than 5 new pages in this thread today alone. :estatic:

And I'm sure we'll get to 500 supporters soon enough. It's really cool to see all this support. Aside from the actual confirmation, the last Direct has left Isaac in a great position in the Smash fanbase.

Oh man. Ness is very near and dear to my heart but I would SERIOUSLY consider breaking my tradition of maining him for Isaac.

He will either be my first or second main in this game for sure. If he does get in I'm playing the heck out of that character, no doubt. :laugh:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Damn we've gained over 1000 posts in here since Wednesday. Y'all are crazy and I love it! <3

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For whatever reason, I can't see him being revealed at the start/end of a Smash only direct. So the only option would be a normal Nintendo Direct, of which I could see him being revealed
Actually I don't agree. If Isaac gets in it'll be because people voted for him the ballot in high enough numbers for Sakurai to pick him. In which case I think a Smash direct would be a more appropriate place to show him off since it'll have an audience more focused on Smash. (the people who are most invested in the ballot results) I think if King K. Rool got in because of the ballot and had a place in a Smash direct then the same will probably be true for Isaac.

Though I think it's also possible that Isaac shows up in a lone trailer outside of a direct. (similar to Robin/Lucina) Actually if I was making a bet this is probably what I'd bank on happening.

The only way I feel like a Nintendo direct becomes more likely is if they have a Golden Sun game to reveal in that direct.

That said I think his reveal could come anywhere. I don't think there are any rules.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

He might become my secondary if Ninten gets announced as a echo fighter of Ness, but I'll definitely play him a lot though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Golden Sun community is nothing like the ashley or waluigi fanbase.
Sunrise or Sunset, I think we will all behave and enjoy Smash Ulitmate.
We've already had our disappointment. It was similar to the K. Rool and Ridley communities. They had already hit rock bottom in terms of hype. Not getting in wouldn't have made us any more more disappointed.

Similar thing for Isaac. Not getting anything at all really dampened our spirits. Either we remain exactly the same, or at least we get our Assist Trophy back. An AT is definitely better than what we had.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least one echo fighter revealed in the next direct though. (either Isabelle or Shadow....or both)

Personally I have a sneaky suspicion the next reveal is going to just be a trailer similar to the Robin/Lucina reveal. (in that it won't be attached to a direct) I guess I have nothing to back that up. Just that it seems like September would still be too soon for a Nintendo direct and it would definitely be too soon for another Smash direct.
I think if we get a Robin/Lucina type of reveal it'd be in October instead. I'm certain we'll get a general Direct in September. Nintendo has games yet to be announced for this year. That general Direct needs to come sooner rather than later. Said General Direct will probably still have at least a single Smash character trailer in it.

Granted, I dunno if they'd reveal Isaac there. However, maybe they want to announce a Golden Sun game for next year, so they'll announce Isaac for Smash at the same time. Hard to say. Or maybe the General Direct will be where we get a Pokemon newcomer.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
" Another instance of Sakurai teasing a new character in a clever way that only was caught during hindsight was right before the Bayonetta reveal when Sakurai claimed that the character reveal was going to be the "Climax" of Smash 4. "

Taken from a reddit post.

So he HAS teased before.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
" Another instance of Sakurai teasing a new character in a clever way that only was caught during hindsight was right before the Bayonetta reveal when Sakurai claimed that the character reveal was going to be the "Climax" of Smash 4. "

Taken from a reddit post.

So he HAS teased before.
Djinning Intensifies!

I had no idea about this. It would not surprise me with this man.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
it'd be cool if we got a picture of a lighthouse lit but the beacon was a smash ball

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I can still see the image on mobile. I guess the mods or the OP removed it for some reason, which is why it’s hard to find now.
The mods thought the post was dumb?

I mean, i don't blame them..But it seems so stupid to take it down. It was already on the hottest of Reddit, and now it's gone. Shame.

Djinning Intensifies!

I had no idea about this. It would not surprise me with this man.
Funny that if this is true, that would mean he would be getting more subtle with each character reveal.

Did he do this with Ridley?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
The mods thought the post was dumb?

I mean, i don't blame them..But it seems so stupid to take it down. It was already on the hottest of Reddit, and now it's gone. Shame.

Funny that if this is true, that would mean he would be getting more subtle with each character reveal.

Did he do this with Ridley?
I checked his tweets. Nothing on Ridley. He might have been told not to for E3 whereas a Smash Direct he might be allowed to

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I checked his tweets. Nothing on Ridley. He might have been told not to for E3 whereas a Smash Direct he might be allowed to
Bleeeeeeh, that really doesn't help my case. It could be an assumption made on my part.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know I'm sure it's been mentioned already...but I wonder if that tweet could be a prequel of sorts to Isaacs reveal trailer.

It could have Link, Marth and Shulk traveling in a party and then have Isaac join the party. Maybe they'll be fighting against Doom Dragon and Isaac helps them out.

This tweet is gonna drive me crazy. :p

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Wait did the post seriously got taken down? All because the mods thought it was stupid..
I mean I guess it sounds pretty far fetched but it's all for fun and speculation.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wait did the post seriously got taken down? All because the mods thought it was stupid..
I mean I guess it sounds pretty far fetched but it's all for fun and speculation.
Yup. Checked Rising, Checked top, checked hot, i even checked controversial. It's GONE.

guess a 3.6K upvoted post with a 96% approval rating is bad, huh?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Do they not want people talking about golden sun or something...? I don't get it lol

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Maybe the mods are hiding something???
(Probably not tho)

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
The post is still there for me. I’m not sure why some of you can’t see it.

Top Bottom