• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I hope Isaac is not similar to Robin I want him to use his magic from his game IDK never play Golden Sun.
Robin is more of a mage, Isaac has a lot more going for him. From bending the Earth to his will, firing a giant sword made out of magic at someone, and summoning a legit armored angel that shoots a beam that causes like armageddon

He is more magic then sword. Heck he does not even need to use his sword

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I already did tweet it to him ;)
Doing the lord's work. ;)

GS no longer on Norfair is easily explained given that all music is by series now instead of stage.
That would, however, raise the question, that, should we not lose the GS music but not gain a GS stage, where would it go? To just... all the stages without a playable counterpart?

Isaac fans are the Ashley Fans now.
More true that people realize.

That said it's also not true in that we didn't just aggregate into something worthwhile like a month ago. ;P

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope Isaac is not similar to Robin I want him to use his magic from his game IDK never play Golden Sun.
I don't think you have to worry about that at all.

Isaac uses earth based psynergy (magic) and he's able to create giant magic hands. Basically Isaac can create a giant hand to interact with the world around him. (There's a move he knows called Pound where he creates a giant magic fist that can bang things into the ground, so you can imagine how that could translate to Smash)

It's kinda like if a character was able to use Master Hand as a weapon.

If you want a more detailed description of what Isaac can do, it's in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
There's one thing that confuses me.

You say that you are limited to 3 people in the Colosseum, right?

I looked it up, and when you are fighting monsters, you arent limited.

It's only limited in a link battle.
I mean even if it isn't referring to link battles it could just be a party of 3 swordsman with one guy in the party missing (aka isaac). Maybe?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You'd think Roy would fit that role better if that were the case...
True, Roy (or Ike) would have been a better choice, but then that might give the hint away. At least, that's how I see it.

Sounds like we have a band of two. Shame we don't have a staff wielder and a swordsman as well. But we can make do
I am a capable swordsman! May I join on this quest? I used to do the amiibo hunt back in the day and the battles were great. BUT, I was victorious in all of them and earned my collection with heart. Early mornings suck though. Haha!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
True, Roy (or Ike) would have been a better choice, but then that might give the hint away. At least, that's how I see it.

I am a capable swordsman! May I join on this quest? I used to do the amiibo hunt back in the day and the battles were great. BUT, I was victorious in all of them and earned my collection with heart. Early mornings suck though. Haha!
You are very welcome especially with your skills. I have all the Amiibo myself (YES. ALL OF THEM.)

Now we just need a staff wielder

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Even if this is just a coincidence my reply to Sakurai's tweet is blowing up. Sakurai might notice all the fans theorizing on the matter and the more people that cover it, the more people are introduced to the game thus more Golden Sun fans
Nicely done! Do you have a link to that? I wanna go and like it for support. :p

Isaac fans are the Ashley Fans now.
Is that... good? Bad? Neutral? :joyful:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
You are very welcome especially with your skills. I have all the Amiibo myself (YES. ALL OF THEM.)

Now we just need a staff wielder
I have a Tarot card that makes me exceptional at juggling does that work out at all?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Doing the lord's work. ;)

That would, however, raise the question, that, should we not lose the GS music but not gain a GS stage, where would it go? To just... all the stages without a playable counterpart?

More true that people realize.

That said it's also not true in that we didn't just aggregate into something worthwhile like a month ago. ;P
If we don't get a GS stage it'll go in "Other"

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Probably bad as I think they are referring to some of us Ashley supporters entertaining the idea that her AT is a fake-out, so basically being tinfoil hat wearers. :p
We are not going bat **** crazy. If Isaac does not get in or just gets an AT we won't ***** and moan. We are like an extremely peaceful community.

Have high hopes for our fav hero.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Thanks, but I actually meant his Tweet to Sakurai. But I found it and liked it already, ha ha.

For what it's worth, I've also responded to Sakurai's tweet in support of Isaac. Making our Isaac request more visible can't hurt, can it? :p
I mean, he probably needs to speak English to understand what we are saying, Xp

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I mean, he probably needs to speak English to understand what we silly Americans are saying, Xp
I could imagine if the intern tells him about how crazy the internet is atm due to his screenshot when he just simply thought it was a cool pic.

My heart would break, but I am just having a good old laugh.

Reach or not, this is giving me high hope

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We are not going bat **** crazy. If Isaac does not get in or just gets an AT we won't ***** and moan. We are like an extremely peaceful community.

Have high hopes for our fav hero.
This is important. I know things are looking good right now, but if they don’t go our way we should just go on with our lives. We start pulling cringy **** and that’s the end of whatever respect our fandom holds.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Isaac and Geno

Thats what i think we will get from Nintendo in the next Direct.

Together with more characters not from Nintendo!

My particular list is:

Agumon (Second Namco Bandai rep)
Isaac
Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Akuma (Ryu echo)
Rayman
Shadow (Sonic echo)
Steve (from Minecraft)
Banjo & Kazooie
Isabelle (Villager echo)
Kyo (from KOF)
Scorpion (from MK)
Sub-Zero (Scorpion echo)
Waluigi as a Surprise at the end

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I mean, he probably needs to speak English to understand what we silly Americans are saying, Xp
Funny, because (a) I'm American but not from the US and (b) I tweeted him in japanese (I've studied the language but am a total noob). :laugh:

I also used an Isaac in Smash fan-made image to fully convey the sentiment, ha ha.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Funny, because (a) I'm American but not from the US and (b) I tweeted him in japanese (I've studied the language but am a total noob). :laugh:

I also used an Isaac in Smash fan-made image to fully convey the sentiment, ha ha.
Alright alright. sorry for my ignorance. :p

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac and Geno

Thats what i think we will get from Nintendo in the next Direct.

Together with more characters not from Nintendo!
I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least one echo fighter revealed in the next direct though. (either Isabelle or Shadow....or both)

Personally I have a sneaky suspicion the next reveal is going to just be a trailer similar to the Robin/Lucina reveal. (in that it won't be attached to a direct) I guess I have nothing to back that up. Just that it seems like September would still be too soon for a Nintendo direct and it would definitely be too soon for another Smash direct.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Alright alright. sorry for my ignorance. :p
No worries buddy, just messing with you. :awesome:

Speaking of this whole Twitter thing, I noticed a reply to @IsaacforSmash's tweet to Sakurai that I liked:

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.48.34 PM.png

This kinda makes sense. We've been looking at the image wanting the chosen characters to LOOK like Golden Sun characters, but actually they're all the protagonists of these big adventure/fantasy games and are sword-wielding warriors. And Isaac fits perfectly with the rest of them. :love:

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Honestly, if we don't get Isaac, I just hope our community will still take the hit with our heads held high. We know we've done what we could to support our boy and I think we can be proud of what we've achieved so far and just how many people we've gotten over the years to try out and enjoy Golden Sun.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, if we don't get Isaac, I just hope our community will still take the hit with our heads held high. We know we've done what we could to support our boy and I think we can be proud of what we've achieved so far and just how many people we've gotten over the years to try out and enjoy Golden Sun.

I'll handle it.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
The Golden Sun community is nothing like the ashley or waluigi fanbase.
Sunrise or Sunset, I think we will all behave and enjoy Smash Ulitmate.

Top Bottom