• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Mizuiro24

Smash Rookie
Ah:beezo::beezo::beezo: Kid Icarus has Greek mithology written all over it. Hell two of the main antagonist in the games are Medusa and Hades themselves.
You right, but Kid Icarus focus anyway on Icarus who is an angel and on Palutena who is an invented Goddes. The rest of 'divine asset' take just some elements from Greek mithology, but it fits them in a Pantheon mainly original.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
You right, but Kid Icarus focus anyway on Icarus who is an angel and on Palutena who is an invented Goddes. The rest of 'divine asset' take just some elements from Greek mithology, but it fits them in a Pantheon mainly original.
They did have Poseidon in Uprising as well but yeah most of them took elements from other mythological gods and made new ones from it

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Wait Venus lighthouse was a stage on brawl? What?
Or you mean the stage mod ?
It was used in Brawl- (Brawl Minus), the mod. I mentioned this because it means most non-GS fans have probably been exposed to it through the Brawl mod if they know about it at all.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yeah I remember that. Crazy good mod
Yeah it was really sick. I feel like the layout for Venus Lighthouse lends itself better to a stage anyway. The opening of the Lighthouse was a really cool touch, as well. What's really neat is if they properly sized and played out the stage, a GS stage could be tournament legal, which helps with exposure, as well.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It's 2020 and we're only three pages from that big one-triple zero mark! Here's to Golden Sun (and I have got to get my hands on the new GoW as a sign of appreciation for Cory's support)

Smash Lord
The Golden Sun series is so rich in it's setting and characters that a spinoff could take form in almost anything. What would your ideal spinoff look like?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
May be a generic choice, but give Golden Sun to Koei Tecmo and give us Golden Sun Warriors - Imagine how epic the attacks would be with Psynergy as the basis - Combine that with the many many weapon unleashes and we're looking at the basis for an incredibly diverse warriors game in terms of characters and their movesets.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
A game going all in on the action does sound fun but what about a game that goes all in on the puzzles? Something like portal or the witness but using Psynergy sounds like a really great time.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
May be a generic choice, but give Golden Sun to Koei Tecmo and give us Golden Sun Warriors - Imagine how epic the attacks would be with Psynergy as the basis - Combine that with the many many weapon unleashes and we're looking at the basis for an incredibly diverse warriors game in terms of characters and their movesets.
I would love that so much! Using the elements against your enemies and the like. Epic! I loved Hyrule Warriors so a GS version would be a must buy day one for me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A game going all in on the action does sound fun but what about a game that goes all in on the puzzles? Something like portal or the witness but using Psynergy sounds like a really great time.
This is the best idea I've seen yet. I didn't know how much I wanted this until now

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's 2020 and we're only three pages from that big one-triple zero mark! Here's to Golden Sun (and I have got to get my hands on the new GoW as a sign of appreciation for Cory's support)
This thread would have been over 2000 pages right now had Isaac not been deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy back in the November 2018 Smash Direct. The Isaac thread would have currently been the biggest character support thread on the site as this thread had more momentum than the Geno thread back pre 11-1-18.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This thread would have been over 2000 pages right now had Isaac not been deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy back in the November 2018 Smash Direct. The Isaac thread would have currently been the biggest character support thread on the site as this thread had more momentum than the Geno thread back pre 11-1-18.
At least it's still one of the most active threads for an AT character.

Smash Lord
I think in general there just isn't much to talk about which is why this thread has been kind of slow lately, not just in terms of Golden Sun but Nintendo in general. There's a good chance a direct could be coming this month so hopefully it fixes that.
Also you guys should really check out this project. Fjado made the Golden Sun overworld of the GBA games playable in Roblox. Although it's not a game for everybody the effort behind this is really impressive

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I got my friend Soldier_1stClass on youtube (huge fans of FFVII both him and I) to talk about GS trademark situation to help spread the word about it even more! It just so happens that he is also a huge GS fan, who would've known lol. Show him some love.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm just surprised that we still don't know anything about character five given the pass is supposed to be fully released within the next two months. A January Direct would help explain that, but we haven't gotten one of those (at least not a full one) since 2015. I enjoy speculating, but speculation is at its most fun when you have some information to work with, and it feels like we have precious little to work off of during this dry spell. Hoping we get information on Nintendo and Smash's 2020 plans very soon!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm just surprised that we still don't know anything about character five given the pass is supposed to be fully released within the next two months. A January Direct would help explain that, but we haven't gotten one of those (at least not a full one) since 2015. I enjoy speculating, but speculation is at its most fun when you have some information to work with, and it feels like we have precious little to work off of during this dry spell. Hoping we get information on Nintendo and Smash's 2020 plans very soon!
Yup. Speculation is fun, but now it feels like we are groping something in the dark.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The lack of activity is definitely due to a lack of information. No new, big leaks have come out, nothing from Nintendo, we've just been kinda sitting here talking about our love for Golden Sun and Smash. I wholeheartedly believe we are on the right track for achieving both of our goals: Isaac in Smash and a new Golden Sun!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd rather have 997 pages and Isaac as an AT over 2000 pages and Isaac as nothing again.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Not to agree or anything, but Geno's only so high because Geno fans brute force it by using it as a second discussion thread for half the time.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Regardless of what the Geno thread is doing, there is only one reason we have been passed. The AT killed support. Despite there being no real evidence for it, the majority opinion is that ATs are a death sentence for DLC so till it happens most of the fans have moved on from here out of a loss of hope. Until an AT does become DLC we will continue to not make any momentum. Which is the exact opposite of what we need to do but sadly most people can't see that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Regardless of what the Geno thread is doing, there is only one reason we have been passed. The AT killed support. Despite there being no real evidence for it, the majority opinion is that ATs are a death sentence for DLC so till it happens most of the fans have moved on from here out of a loss of hope. Until an AT does become DLC we will continue to not make any momentum. Which is the exact opposite of what we need to do but sadly most people can't see that.
Even if people were sure that being an AT wasn't a death sentence they still wouldn't be talking about him much because he's not third-party.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Even if people were sure that being an AT wasn't a death sentence they still wouldn't be talking about him much because he's not third-party.
No, he's still be talked about. There would be a lot of debates going back and forth on that issue but that's still talking.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, he's still be talked about. There would be a lot of debates going back and forth on that issue but that's still talking.
You seem under the impression there are enough people on each side to facilitate such a conversation, but as with the AT issue, the vast majority leans toward one side to the extent the conversation rarely arises. The only exceptions in terms of the future first-party discussion are 3H and Astral Chain, due to their lack of spirit events and promotional capacity. And the lion's share of that conversation is just who the 3H character would be, which isn't applicable to Isaac's situation.

Even if this place proves an exception (given rejecting that notion is the only way the character stays "alive"), that again hinders conversation, as most who embrace the differing opinion won't regularly frequent the thread, given they stopped believing the character to be a plausible inclusion. Like with the AT.

If people didn't stay to debate the AT issue there aren't going to be that many more who stay to debate the third-party one.

So if the only goal was to have the post count exceed 39,872 then yes, there'd be more. If the goal was to maintain the momentum, not so much.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd rather have 997 pages and Isaac as an AT over 2000 pages and Isaac as nothing again.
If Isaac wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would have a much higher chance of being DLC in this game. Him as an Assist almost completely counts him out of this game.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Welp, there's always next time

Edit:
Fascinating, so next week may be a possibility

Last edited:

Smash Lord
That's kind of disappointing but I hope it has some cool things in store for Pokémon fans. Really hoping the wait for the actual Nintendo Direct isn't too long from now. Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 2020 lineup over the fifth Fighter's Pass reveal

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm sure we'll see an actual Nintendo Direct next week, since Pokémon Directs almost always a week before real ones. Which is good for me, since I'll be off school next week!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Welp, there's always next time

Edit:
Fascinating, so next week may be a possibility
Right, Game Freak always likes to do its own thing, even at/around E3.

At least thanks to the previous Spirit event and info given in Germany (the Direct will be about Sword and Shield) we know Character 5 is not from there.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yes there's been quite a few more times where this has happened and we get a direct days or a week or two later after the pokemon one. Hell it's no news that in the past we have gotten 2 types of directs in other months too. This shouldn't be surprising nor dooming at all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Fussing over who has the most pages on Smashboards has always seemed weird to me. For one thing we're not the be all and end all of the Smash community...and secondly we've had countless characters get in with less than 10 pages anyway.

It's fine for getting an idea I think but we shouldn't get carried away focusing on it either.

As for the direct, I wouldn't worry. I think last year we had a Pokemon direct a week after a Nintendo one didn't we? At the very least I think Pokemon directs aren't that closely tied to the regular ones anyway, the Pokemon company do their own thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom