• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Alright guys I am out working hard on my montage video for golden sunday. I will do my best to get it done on time!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Aight Guys the video is nearing completition. It will be uploaded around 5:00PM Eastern time (Work needs me in today so I gotta edit the final touches afterward.) HAPPY GOLDEN SUNDAY!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
E81BDD5D-1E1C-43E9-9A64-C44A3BD15AF2.png

So im on papagenos discord and apparently there’s some sort of Golden Sun leak? I don’t understand what’s going on here

andree123

Smash Ace
Trademark related to a new Golden Sun game.
I hope it also relates to Isaac as a DLC fighter.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is huge if real, but can somebody fact check this? It's very suspicious for this to come out precisely during Golden Sunday.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It didn't come out during Golden Sunday. It's been known for a minute it just never took off because only the GS fans care about GS. It's becoming more widespread with Golden Sunday because there's such a large influx of Golden Sun posts more people outside of the core fans are being exposed to it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It didn't come out during Golden Sunday. It's been known for a minute it just never took off because only the GS fans care about GS. It's becoming more widespread with Golden Sunday because there's such a large influx of Golden Sun posts more people outside of the core fans are being exposed to it.
Oh, so it's just the old trademark thing from last year? Or is it something new?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Happy Golden Sunday, fellow Adepts and newcomers! I finally got my video up!
I had hoped to do more with this video, but because of several complications, I had to cut it short. But I hope you all will enjoy it!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 243648
So im on papagenos discord and apparently there’s some sort of Golden Sun leak? I don’t understand what’s going on here
Yes technically but it's more of an update on that situation
We talked about this not one page back. It's the TM from last year that we heard about in Sept 2018. It's gone from Awaiting Review to Published for Opposition to Active, as TMs generally do.

Yeah, absolutely could be for Golden Sun 4/remake. Could also be a strange change in how Nintendo is renewing TM's, see my previous post here. Either way, it's not new:

Unfortunately, so are the ones for Rhythm Heaven, Wrecking Crew and Mario Sluggers that it was filed alongside. As their older TMs have lapsed, it seems clear that Nintendo was just slimming down the categories that it held the TM on. I guess there's going to be no more Rhythm Heaven stationary, because as of July 24, 2019, they sure don't have a TM on it anymore. I'm not a lawyer, but I assume you'd do that to make it more defensible for the categories you do hold (09 - everything related to being a video game). But then again, all new Nintendo single-player Switch games have gotten the 09 and not much else.

I had thought that we might be more lucky than them as the renewal of GS trademark wasn't needed near as quick as for those three. The TLA trademark expires on Christmas this year, so I figured it was probably more likely for a new game than simply renewing that TM with fewer categories. It absolutely still may mean this, to be honest. F-Zero has a TM like this from 2018, likely for some canceled/delayed/unannounced game.

It's pretty neutral, all things considered. Could be something, could be nothing. As is, I think the most telling thing about the Golden Sun TM is the time period which it was filed. That summer was just the right mix of Golden Sun-related hype for Smash and Camelot being available after Mario Tennis.

Happy Golden Sunday, fellow Adepts and newcomers! I finally got my video up!
I had hoped to do more with this video, but because of several complications, I had to cut it short. But I hope you all will enjoy it!
This is excellent and made me duly happy.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Happy Golden Sunday everyone! Let's stay strong as we hope for something new with Golden Sun!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do you think that Isaac's image as "not your ordinary swordsman and also an earth+other elements mage" has been solidified enough through the Smash community, or will people still moan about him using a sword, (which I believe is the weapon most likely to be used by him), in the event he's revealed as a DLC character?
Personally, I think so. Isaac was often brushed off easily by people because of his 'generic JRPG appearance', but there's a lot of people on board now who have never even played Golden Sun. It's quite similar with what happened with King K.Rool honestly, but at a smaller scale.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Always amazing and inspiring to see the amazing stuff this community always makes for Golden Sunday, this fanbase is phenomenal and I only hope it gets bigger and better. The "Isaac's Ultimate Allied Adepts "account retweeted a lot of good stuff coming out of Twitter so give it a look below please :)
https://twitter.com/IsaacAdepts

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Here it is boys! This took a little while to edit, but its finally done and I hope you all enjoyed our Golden Sunday this year. Let's all keep working hard to make the Grand Rpg series return and get our golden boi into Smash Brothers!

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
We got a lot of good content posted this #GoldenSunday, if you haven't sent a letter or an email to Camelot yet, I would do that too. We should all try to tell them to check out #GoldenSunday so they can see just how many posts we got for Golden Sun.

Smash Lord
Yep, sending an email or a letter would do heaps especially when they notice a good chunk coming. The letter campaign announcement I put up a while back has the necessary address and emails to send to.

Smash Lord
This guy keeps impressing me with his art! I'm glad people are being active for Isaac still, this is how we will eventually get him.
Yeah Stoic is one of our most consistent artists on Twitter, she knocked it out of the park again as usual. I'm considering making a post later just compiling all the amazing artwork that came out of today's Golden Sunday. I'm kind of busy at the moment so I'll do it when I feel like I have enough time to commit

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We had an excellent Golden Sunday today, guys! I wasn't able to do as much as I had wanted (I was gone all weekend) but I loved seeing all the amazing artwork and memes today.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Trademark related to a new Golden Sun game.
I hope it also relates to Isaac as a DLC fighter.
Would make a lot of sense though. So many JRPG remakes on the Switch, especially since last Direct. I wouldn't be surprised if say, Chrono Trigger and especially Super Mario RPG also get remakes alongside Golden Sun. I'm pretty much expecting it to happen even.

What I also would just love to see is a remake of the original Donkey Kong Country. But I think that's less likely. Maybe I should hope for a DKC RPG?

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I was busy all day running @GS_****posts on twitter. I hope ya'll enjoyed the stupid posts we pumped out. Highlight of the year in games for me though was getting interviewed with Soniclink on Billybo10K's channel. I was ecstatic. Also seeing some folks vote for the account on Jeremy's poll to give away an Isaac plushie almost moved me to tears lol.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
After a successful day like that with all the support coming in from everywhere it feels like we're that much closer to seeing him make it in!
Lots of wonderful content from everyone.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Did we ever get to trending yesterday?
No, but trending is pretty hard to achieve. You would have to get a lot of posts at once (like when everyone noticed the trademark right before a Direct and started tweeting about it at the same time.) It really doesn’t matter though as long as Camelot or Nintendo know about it, though.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey all, I hope Golden Sunday went well, I was retweeting all the Golden Sun stuff I could find, I also made two videos, one on Jeremy's giveaway and one interviewing the SonicLink and SpaceKing, both of which were really fun, so hopefully some people saw those and thought - "Yo Golden Sun's coolio."

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Now that Golden Sunday has passed, do you think any of us will be getting reply from Camelot at all regarding the letter campaign?

Smash Lord
Now that Golden Sunday has passed, do you think any of us will be getting reply from Camelot at all regarding the letter campaign?
I doubt Camelot would respond directly to the emails although I do think they are still getting the message that people want the series to return. Nintendo themselves do have employees set to reply to fan mail and take the requests to their higher ups

smashkirby

Smash Hero
1572309008665.png

Maybe Golden Sunday had a bigger impact than we thought...

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It's no small feat to beat the Mother fanbase and the inherent biological need for F-Zero games.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

We kinda killed it on this one guys. It's no small feat to beat both the Mother Machine and the F-Zero Fandom, but somehow we pulled through. Not that a Twitter poll means a whole lot, but it's nice to know we may be even bigger than we think we are.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is what happens when we actually band together and fight for Golden Sun to return and get Isaac in Smash! The more who join in our efforts the better!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I registered here to ask you guys one question.
Do you think Isaac's moveset without any sword moves can work or no?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Without a doubt. There's so much Psyenergy that there's no need for Isaac to touch his weapon. I think it's unrealistic to expect Sakurai won't have him touch the sword but it wouldn't even take a second to come up with a moveset without it.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Absolutely. Easily. No doubt about it. Yes!
In Golden Sun, you can beat the game without ever using a weapon (sword, axe, mace, etc) thanks to many other options like psynergy, Djinn, summons, etc. Isaac in particular can just control/manipulate the earth at will to beat his enemies (or use other elements via different elemental djinn) and use ultility psynergy to slap his opponents silly.
Granted, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sakurai has Isaac using a sword, but as long as his other abilities are used (especially earth based attacks), then I have no issue with that. But again, Isaac not using a sword honestly takes nothing away from what he can actually do. The sword is more of an accessory that he can easily never use.

Top Bottom