• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
"oportunities to satisfy fans"… guys… we have a CHANCE. I just got my new imac today (my old 2007 died in mid july), so I might be back soon enough to support isaac's inclussion with design and art and whatever. DONT GIVE UP, satisfying fans means giving them what they want, they are not talking about putting what nintendo wants, but the FANS.
WE
GOTTA
PUSH!

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Personally I think wave 2 will most likely be similar to wave 1 in that there are 5 fighters. While wave 1 was based on suggestions from within Nintendo, wave 2 will be based on fan input.

So, characters like:

-Issac
-Geno
-Waluigi
-Lloyd
-Shantae

The ones people keep requesting

Season 2 for DLC could be more like broken dreams no more.

Guys, all I ask is to push. Please let's bring people back here.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Personally I think wave 2 will most likely be similar to wave 1 in that there are 5 fighters. While wave 1 was based on suggestions from within Nintendo, wave 2 will be based on fan input.

So, characters like:

-Issac
-Geno
-Waluigi
-Lloyd
-Shantae

Honestly Shantae or Ashley and that would be a solid list for most wanted broken dream characters

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

So, characters like:

-Issac
-Geno
-Waluigi
-Lloyd
-Shantae

That sounds really good, and if not Shantae then a Capcom one, there's soooo much potential great characters from capcom… Resident evil being one of those franchises. Okami or viewtiful joe… Phoenix wright for god's sake… im so glad this is happening lol

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He literally said one of the things that makes him happy about this outcome is he can please more fans.
Where did he say this?

The AT/Spirits rule is fan made, he has never actually come out and said it is impossible,
I'm not speaking in regards to Spirits here, I feel like they're different. Assist Trophies - You know why he hasn't come out and said it is impossible? Because that doesn't even need to be said. Assist Trophy status means that a character did not make it as playable. It's always been that way.

I'm not saying it is impossible for that rule to be broken, but I am saying that there's no reason to ever believe that rule will be broken until proven otherwise.

that being said and as I pointed above, if they wish to put Nintendo franchises they will need to pick from that pool since most of their IPs are already repped as spirits or assist
*IF* they were to choose more Nintendo franchises. That's an if at this point. Besides if they go for more first parties, we still aren't out of the woods. There are Pokemon. There are Fire Emblem characters. There are outlandish choices.

I've been hoping for Isaac for too long to get optimistic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Suddenly I feel a sense of renewal. Man seeing you guys here, it's just like old times again prerelease.

Also, it means Verge was right. Again.
Wait, Verge actually leaked that we'd be getting more DLC AFTER the 5th Fighter's Pass character?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Honestly Shantae or Ashley and that would be a solid list for most wanted broken dream characters
I think I'd add Krystal and Phoenix Wright to the list of fan possiblities too. Phoenix is pretty much the fan favourite Capcom character right now.... at least according to polls.

Don't forget Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong are there too.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
-Assist Trophy status means that a character did not make it as playable. It's always been that way.
You are correct and indeed Isaac did not make it as playable but lucky for us Smash is doing this thing called "downloadable content" that makes it so characters who didn't make as fighters can be added into the game.

Last edited:

Keepitup

Smash Rookie
I've been hoping for Isaac for too long to get optimistic.
Optimism is what carries demand over, so if you don´t get on the train be sure you´ll never arrive. Who minds about crashing anyway. And I´m probably in your same situation, been wanting it since prebrawl days

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Man i had that feeling that i had to com back here after this direct. It's been like since the last direct before Ultimate releases man time flies. But here i am again !

Maybe you don't remeber me at all or never knew me.

But hell yeah there is some hope after all ^^

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Optimism is what carries demand over, so if you don´t get on the train be sure you´ll never arrive. Who minds about crashing anyway. And I´m probably in your same situation, been wanting it since prebrawl days
At this point what have we to lose? All other options are futile. Our only one is hope.

I just wish Billybae10K Billybae10K was still making videos so he could comment on this

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Guys please just ****ing push, we have the window of opportunity now

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Obviously keep pushing and all that, but I think if they're going to draw popularity from anywhere (apart from the ballot, still), it'd be last year, when the most people were active and vocal in the fanbase.

I guess it depends how long they've been intending to go past the pass, but if that's always been a contingency they accounted for, which I suspect it has, I do imagine they were taking notes during the base cycle as well. That was peak engagement. Not that anything said now will necessarily fall on deaf ears, but I just think scouts were in higher attendance back then.

Which bodes well for Isaac, should they be willing to reconsider existing roles. But of course, as has been said, they'd be even more encouraged to opt for a character like Isaac if they see people clamouring for a future GS as well. It's evidence that the choice can be useful past just Smash, which is probably a more appealing opportunity to those in charge.

They've said it before - characters with futures stand in better stead. From a business perspective, I get it. And yeah, we got K. Rool and some dormant third-parties, but instead of belabouring the point about "irrelevant" characters or whatever, it's just a better use of time to try and make GS more relevant again.

So am I optimistic about Isaac? Well... I'm more optimistic than I was yesterday.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I know I've not been very active these past few months, but I've been keeping an eye out and I just wanted to come in and say that we have hope again! I'm sure you guys went to the same place as me when Sakurai mentioned the fighters post-fighter pack being pleasing for the fans.

We can hope again!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm back! I have been spending the summer prepping the Golden Sunday Giveaways and tonight's news was the kick I needed to sign back in. I'm back baby!

And we lads are back in business!

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Remember how leakers said that Nintendo was taken back by the Waluigi and Isaac backlash. I think our time has finally come.

EDIT: OH YEAH, I forgot to mention that I view this thread a lot as I am a huge Isaac and Golden Sun fan. I just never had anything to add to the conversation. I would like to be added to the support list please.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Also, while I have quit Youtube full time, I am not opposed to the odd video every month or two and I'm happy to make Isaac, or the Assist Trophy alliance in general, the focus of it. I may be a bit sick of the general smash speculation, I won't lie, but if Isaac's involved, my motivation shoots up. So if y'all need anything video-wise, or have any ideas to help promote Isaac beyond the two main Golden Sun videos I've worked on in the past, let me know.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Remember how leakers said that Nintendo was taken back by the Waluigi and Isaac backlash. I think our time has finally come.

EDIT: OH YEAH, I forgot to mention that I view this thread a lot as I am a huge Isaac and Golden Sun fan. I just never had anything to add to the conversation. I would like to be added to the support list please.
tenor.gif

Please don't. The Grinch Leak tore me apart.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, while I have quit Youtube full time, I am not opposed to the odd video every month or two and I'm happy to make Isaac, or the Assist Trophy alliance in general, the focus of it. I may be a bit sick of the general smash speculation, I won't lie, but if Isaac's involved, my motivation shoots up. So if y'all need anything video-wise, or have any ideas to help promote Isaac beyond the two main Golden Sun videos I've worked on in the past, let me know.
Don't be afraid of a post-mortem, Youtubers can spread their voices much more effectively than anyone just writing something out. ;)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
2020 E3
Waluigi first fighter of wave 2

I can see it, Isaac can happen
The internet would actually explode if that were to happen.

Though timetable wise that's plausible. If Terry's out in November, theoretically character 5 is out about late January/early February. So E3 would be a good time to reset and introduce the next wave of characters.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
SAKURAI WANTS TO SATISFY MORE FANS
THIS IS NOT A DRILL FELLOW ADEPTS, GET THE WHOLE GANG BACK
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

This is our next big shot, let's let Sakurai know that this is what we want. I'm getting the #isaacforsmash campaign back into high gear fellas!
I saw you jumped on it on the XCX remake tweet. Lightning fast reactions like that makes us win fame points.

• No Mario Golf
  • Sans from Undertale costume and music from Undertale added due to popular fan request
  • Additional DLC for "more opportunities to delight the fans... and bring additional worlds together... want to keep improving on this record as long as possible"
  • No wording like "unable to keep the team together for long"
  • Smiles and says "VERY pleased with sales"
  • No Mario Golf

Ladies, that's about as rosy as the outlook can possibly get.
Exactly! Outside of an actual announcement, everything's fine!

He literally said one of the things that makes him happy about this outcome is he can please more fans. The AT/Spirits rule is fan made, he has never actually come out and said it is impossible, that being said and as I pointed above, if they wish to put Nintendo franchises they will need to pick from that pool since most of their IPs are already repped as spirits or assist
I agree with that too. One more time, "AT are characters that can't be fighters", but that's because there's a limited number of slots. Increase it, and they can fill these slots!

I guess it depends how long they've been intending to go past the pass, but if that's always been a contingency they accounted for, which I suspect it has, I do imagine they were taking notes during the base cycle as well. That was peak engagement. Not that anything said now will necessarily fall on deaf ears, but I just think scouts were in higher attendance back then.
I really hope the year previous and the year after the launch were closely looked at: Rhatalos tweet, west poll results, Nintendo NY reaction to Isaac AT and the letter campaign are probably the 4 best things we got for us.

Let's do this!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You do so much for the GS community it feels like we owe you big!

Hmm...maybe. I wonder... Maybe I can do something as thanks for your work.

Top Bottom