• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Speaking of that, we need more crossover stuff with Golden Sun.

Here’s a fun one: Since KH3 is on the horizon, have Isaac and Sora drawn together. Or have some of the GS characters cosplaying as the KH characters and vice versa. Or a Djinn Keyblade. Anything can work!
I whole hardly agree. With Isaac being in Smash even as an AT/Mii Outfit I hope there is more cross over fan art. The more GS art and GS talk the better

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Yeah lol. Like when almost everyone thought Ike would be replaced by Chrom. Sakurai was like " You were expecting Chrom, but it's me RD Ike" when he added Ike onto the website. I appreciate his hardwork and all for the game, but can't say I agree with his selection or what he deems as "realizable" when he ends up changing his mind more often than not lol.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Funny enough when there was a recent game ,Dark Dawn, in the equation during the pre smash 4 days, Isaac didn't even get so much as his assist trophy to return. Sure you can argue Dark Dawn may have had something to do with it, but then games like Radiant Dawn and Path to Radiance never impeded Ike's chance from making it in as a playable character (granted ike was from a prexisting franchise, but the fe cast was extremely small with only two characters). As much as I am trying to keep an open mind to all this new info, I honestly feel like it's a toss up at this point. I really hope the trademark renewal at the very least does mean some Golden Sun game soon enough because at the moment it seems like smash isn't the way to go at all for Golden Sun to be revived (albeit we did get a lot more content than anticipated recently lol).
I mean, DD came out about 4 years before Smash 4 and PoR came out a little less than 3 years before Brawl. So I think PoR was much closer to the project plan for Brawl than DD was to the project plan for Smash 4. So timing could be part of it.

There's also the "console vs. handheld" debate, but I'm not sure how much water that argument holds.

Both games were reviewed favorably but weren't considered generational classics or anything, with DD scoring a 79 and PoR garnering 85 on Metacritic. Neither rocked the world with sales.

But yeah, I think the main difference was what you suggested: Ike was from a series that already had representation. I think Sakurai probably just wanted to add a Fire Emblem character, and the most recent protagonist was as good a choice as any, especially since Ike was so distinct from a lot of the other sword users, in terms of how he would play and in terms of his backstory/personality.

Not to mention that Dark Dawn and Xenoblade came out on the same year. Guess who got full priority on that?

I swear, I have a weird relationship with Xenoblade. It’s a great series and the characters are fun, yet it feels like it overshadows Golden Sun, preventing it from ever coming back. *sigh*
Yeah Xenoblade is a head scratcher to me. It reviewed about as well as the original Golden Sun and sold worse (going off what I've heard with the sales).
I think Sakurai just likes Xenoblade. Maybe he thought Xenoblade had more of a "future" than Golden Sun, but other than that there's really not much argument. At the time of Smash 4's project plan, Golden Sun was simply a more successful franchise overall than Xenoblade.

As for my opinion on Xenoblade, I finished the main story of 2; it was a fun game but not anything to write home about. Xenoblade X I bought thinking I was gonna like it but it never really caught on for me. I haven't played the original.

For me, Xenoblade just has a lot of "fluff" that doesn't need to be there; some people like it and that's fine but IMO Golden Sun is a much tighter, cleaner experience. But hey, people have different tastes and that's fine. Overall I'd say I like Xenoblade but it's not one of my favorite franchises.

Do you guys think a playable Isaac would use mainly psynergy or do our think it’ll be mixed with Djinn?

Judgement HAS to be the Final Smash.
I always imagined him "gimmick free." I think he has enough interesting abilities that he can have a varied and unique moveset without any fancy Djinn mechanics, but I'd be totally fine if he did use Djinn as a crucial part of the moveset. Overall I'd be content with his moveset as long as it generally represents the character. I do think the Djinn should be involved in some capacity, though, at the very least appearing in taunts and his Final Smash (which I agree should be Judgment).

What I wouldn't like would be super projectile-heavy or zoning playstyle.
I think he'd probably be a mix of long and short range attacks. Things like Move and perhaps Cutting Edge could give him a couple of projectiles and he could also have some light stage-manipulation/stage-control moves like creating a stone pillar that can be pushed around with Move. But he'll definitely have some strong close-range moves as well, including but not limited to regular sword slashes. He could also have stuff that's not really a projectile but reaches pretty far, like Ragnarok or maybe Quake Sphere.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I mean, DD came out about 4 years before Smash 4 and PoR came out a little less than 3 years before Brawl. So I think PoR was much closer to the project plan for Brawl than DD was to the project plan for Smash 4. So timing could be part of it.

There's also the "console vs. handheld" debate, but I'm not sure how much water that argument holds.

Both games were reviewed favorably but weren't considered generational classics or anything, with DD scoring a 79 and PoR garnering 85 on Metacritic. Neither rocked the world with sales.

But yeah, I think the main difference was what you suggested: Ike was from a series that already had representation. I think Sakurai probably just wanted to add a Fire Emblem character, and the most recent protagonist was as good a choice as any, especially since Ike was so distinct from a lot of the other sword users, in terms of how he would play and in terms of his backstory/personality.

Yeah Xenoblade is a head scratcher to me. It reviewed about as well as the original Golden Sun and sold worse (going off what I've heard with the sales).
I think Sakurai just likes Xenoblade. Maybe he thought Xenoblade had more of a "future" than Golden Sun, but other than that there's really not much argument. At the time of Smash 4's project plan, Golden Sun was simply a more successful franchise overall than Xenoblade.

As for my opinion on Xenoblade, I finished the main story of 2; it was a fun game but not anything to write home about. Xenoblade X I bought thinking I was gonna like it but it never really caught on for me. I haven't played the original.

For me, Xenoblade just has a lot of "fluff" that doesn't need to be there; some people like it and that's fine but IMO Golden Sun is a much tighter, cleaner experience. But hey, people have different tastes and that's fine. Overall I'd say I like Xenoblade but it's not one of my favorite franchises.

I always imagined him "gimmick free." I think he has enough interesting abilities that he can have a varied and unique moveset without any fancy Djinn mechanics, but I'd be totally fine if he did use Djinn as a crucial part of the moveset. Overall I'd be content with his moveset as long as it generally represents the character. I do think the Djinn should be involved in some capacity, though, at the very least appearing in taunts and his Final Smash (which I agree should be Judgment).

I think he'd probably be a mix of long and short range attacks. Things like Move and perhaps Cutting Edge could give him a couple of projectiles and he could also have some light stage-manipulation/stage-control moves like creating a stone pillar that can be pushed around with Move. But he'll definitely have some strong close-range moves as well, including but not limited to regular sword slashes. He could also have stuff that's not really a projectile but reaches pretty far, like Ragnarok or maybe Quake Sphere.
I enjoyed the Xenoblade series overall. I loved how big the world was and the overarching theme. However, I can one say that for a Wii game it did not age well at all in terms of graphics compared to Xenosaga imo. I also hated how the characters kept screaming their attacks when their voices were more than enough to handle at times lol. The side quests always got me playing it, which is a great addition to the game; however, it's nothing new when it comes to the world of rpgs xD

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the Xenoblade series overall. I loved how big the world was and the overarching theme. However, I can one say that for a Wii game it did not age well at all in terms of graphics compared to Xenosaga imo. I also hated how the characters kept screaming their attacks when their voices were more than enough to handle at times lol. The side quests always got me playing it, which is a great addition to the game; however, it's nothing new when it comes to the world of rpgs xD
I never played the first one and I only briefly played X on the Wii U because I didn’t ever use my Wii U and got rid of it a few months later. Never played Xenosaga.

But I really enjoyed XC2. I actually have over 300 hours on it and it’s by far my most played Switch game. The characters are a bit oversexualized though and it can drag in some places. I was hoping Rex would get in as DLC and thought he would because Sakurai has a bias for that series. Rex even got his own segment during the Direct and Sakurai even went into detail why he wasn’t playable which I found pretty comical.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

For this part, Dark Dawn was 4 years, by the time of Smash 4's actual release. But it'd only be two years old by the time the project plan of 4 started in 2012. Either way it all feels moot when Shulk's game releases in the same year and gets picked. It's likely cause Xenoblade had a new game in development (and Shulk's original game would also be coming out on the New 3ds) and thus a future that Golden Sun wouldn't have to market.

As for Fire Emblem, hoo boy. There's no escape honestly. If there's one game that Sakurai plays every installment of from back in the days till current, it's this one. That attachment and bias is there. He really wanted to add a new FE character in Brawl and had the spot specifically reserved, despite not knowing who the character would end up being at the time.

I feel like Isaac has just gotten on the unlucky side as far as Smash goes. He's a character that 'wouldn't normally be in Smash', he's an archetype that Sakurai has yet to want to add, his series production came to an abrupt stop so he's no longer in the public eye, he doesn't come from the nostalgia gaming period of Sakurai, he's in a weird limbo where he's not old enough to qualify for a retro pick, but he's still seen as niche/obscure to be recognizable to the current public.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
When it comes to a move set for Isaac, I always imagined him using psynergy hands and earth/plant based attacks around him. Imagine him using a barrage of mini “Force” psynergy hands as his repeated neutral attack and then a bigger one to finish the job. Heck, add in “slap” as a back air move. That would be hilarious!

He would keep his sword sheathed almost always. The only times he would use it would be like a swing in the air or a jab on the ground and his F-Smash will have him pull out his sword, do his battle stance and lunge himself at the enemy like in the games. So much you can do with Isaac!

His specials would be his most powerful Psynergy:
Side B (depending on the direction of the joystick) would be Move/Pound/Lift similar to his AT.
Neutral B would be a charged Ragnarok. The fully charged it is, the greater the explosion.

And of course, Judgement DEFINITELY needs to be his Final Smash. If Felix was his echo, he would have Meddigo. :D

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I never played the first one and I only briefly played X on the Wii U because I didn’t ever use my Wii U and got rid of it a few months later. Never played Xenosaga.

But I really enjoyed XC2. I actually have over 300 hours on it and it’s by far my most played Switch game. The characters are a bit oversexualized though and it can drag in some places. I was hoping Rex would get in as DLC and thought he would because Sakurai has a bias for that series. Rex even got his own segment during the Direct and Sakurai even went into detail why he wasn’t playable which I found pretty comical.
The first game is what got me hooked to the series. I really liked Shulk as a character as well as his design. I thought he would fit perfectly into smash and wanted him in during the pre smash 4 days and was relieved that he made it. It's funny, however, that a page I used to follow up on called "Shulk for Smash" on facebook even thought that Isaac might make it over Shulk in smash and once made a joke post detailing the overall plot of what appeared to be Xenoblade, but then ended it by saying " Yeah I played Golden Sun." It's also funny to note because the plots of both games had pretty much a similar premise where you have a big red hair friend who is the loveable dufus, a love interest who gets separated from your party due to certain complications, and the main blonde JRPG character who had a troubled childhood and ends up saving the world alongside with his friends later on. Of course that can just be stuff you see in a typical JRPG of sorts, but honestly they felt more alike to me more often times than not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice picture of the Umbra witch and Goden boy.

They both have some handy moves eh?

I'll see myself out.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I've always imagined Isaac as somewhat of a stage control/spacing style character, but not a zoner, per se. I think we wants to keep his distance, but he wouldn't be useless up close. Obviously, the Psynergy would be the more powerful moves, but those wouldn't be fast enough to use up close, so his sword swings would be enough there (probably just jab and maybe a tilt to try and get the opponent away to use Psynergy). I think we could expect a mix of Corrin and Robin, actually. Corrin likes to space and keep just out of range, while Robin has the magic and projectiles to zone. I personally would love this play style (being a mix of my two mains) and I think fits the smart style a puzzle RPG hero would use. Also, Judgement for Isaac, Meggido for Felix.

I wholeheartedly agree that Isaac's timing is what's kept him out of Smash. The gap between TLA and DD kept him out of Brawl, and if DD had come out a year later, I think him or Matthew would've been golden (heh) for Smash 4. At the very least, the Assist probably wouldn't have been cut. Then Xenoblade's sudden success (and Sakurai's attachment to the series, let's not kid ourselves here) put Golden Sun in the awkward place of somewhat established series with a shaky future, which also hurt him during Smash 4's cycle. I think the biggest thing here is Sakurai's probable lack of knowledge about the series. It's not a franchise he grew up with (like Fire Emblem, probably) and it's not a new series that Sakurai fell in love with (like Xenoblade). It came out right when Melee was wrapping up (Sakurai probably didn't have much time for playing at the time) and the GBA is in a weird retro-but-not-quite limbo, and Golden Sun is stuck right along with it. Timing has probably hurt/killed Golden Sun's chances (at least for Brawl and Smash 4), but hopefully not this time.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Nice picture of the Umbra witch and Goden boy.

They both have some handy moves eh?

I'll see myself out.
I've always imagined Isaac as somewhat of a stage control/spacing style character, but not a zoner, per se. I think we wants to keep his distance, but he wouldn't be useless up close. Obviously, the Psynergy would be the more powerful moves, but those wouldn't be fast enough to use up close, so his sword swings would be enough there (probably just jab and maybe a tilt to try and get the opponent away to use Psynergy). I think we could expect a mix of Corrin and Robin, actually. Corrin likes to space and keep just out of range, while Robin has the magic and projectiles to zone. I personally would love this play style (being a mix of my two mains) and I think fits the smart style a puzzle RPG hero would use. Also, Judgement for Isaac, Meggido for Felix.

I wholeheartedly agree that Isaac's timing is what's kept him out of Smash. The gap between TLA and DD kept him out of Brawl, and if DD had come out a year later, I think him or Matthew would've been golden (heh) for Smash 4. At the very least, the Assist probably wouldn't have been cut. Then Xenoblade's sudden success (and Sakurai's attachment to the series, let's not kid ourselves here) put Golden Sun in the awkward place of somewhat established series with a shaky future, which also hurt him during Smash 4's cycle. I think the biggest thing here is Sakurai's probable lack of knowledge about the series. It's not a franchise he grew up with (like Fire Emblem, probably) and it's not a new series that Sakurai fell in love with (like Xenoblade). It came out right when Melee was wrapping up (Sakurai probably didn't have much time for playing at the time) and the GBA is in a weird retro-but-not-quite limbo, and Golden Sun is stuck right along with it. Timing has probably hurt/killed Golden Sun's chances (at least for Brawl and Smash 4), but hopefully not this time.
Damn it! I'm a sucker for puns......

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, let's look at it this way; at least Xenoblade still only has one character playable in Smash, so bias is barely even there at all this time, given the timing.

It stands to reason that things may change in about 10 years in regards to how the GBA is perceived, especially since the age of traditional portables is drawing to a close. That might be a net advantage in the favor of characters like Isaac.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I just hope the first dlc wave 1 is successful enough so Nintendo can consider a wave 2 with a few assist trophy promotions at the helm. Heres hoping.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, let's look at it this way; at least Xenoblade still only has one character playable in Smash, so bias is barely even there at all this time, given the timing.

It stands to reason that things may change in about 10 years in regards to how the GBA is perceived, especially since the age of traditional portables is drawing to a close. That might be a net advantage in the favor of characters like Isaac.
Well, he gave Rex his own segment in the Direct dedicated to his costume and saying that he would have been playable, but XC2 came out too late.

I think his Xeno bias is stronger than ever.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I just hope the first dlc wave 1 is successful enough so Nintendo can consider a wave 2 with a few assist trophy promotions at the helm. Heres hoping.
Here's hoping the 30 placeholders found in the datamine means more waves...lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, he gave Rex his own segment in the Direct dedicated to his costume and saying that he would have been playable, but XC2 came out too late.

I think his Xeno bias is stronger than ever.
Given that, people thinking Elma will be DLC aren't too off the mark. Only thing that would prevent that is if Nintendo didn't consider suggesting her to Sakurai, depending on what they think of XBX's performance on the Wii U.

First of all, it's 29, and second of all, most of those spots may go towards echoes, costumes and alts, so I'd expect a second wave at most, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Well Sakurai basically said Rex would've been playable had Xenoblade 2 been in production just a little bit sooner.

In regards to the GBA, it will be very soon that it becomes "retro" like the original Game Boy. It's been 17 years since release, and Golden Sun with it. The console is "retro", but it's not perceived that way, partially due to, I think, how good the games look. They don't have the pixel look of GB/GBC/NES/SNES games or the blocky polygonal loom of N64, but they look super solid and most hold up today.
I wouldn't count Isaac out quite yet, my friend. Hold strong!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It has to mean that. I think Wave 2 is a certainty down the line. They probably just don’t know how many they want to do. There’s no way they use all of them though. If I had to bet I’d say we’ll get three waves, but it might not be 5 characters at a time and we might not get a new stage with each one. The later waves might just be characters only.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It has to mean that. I think Wave 2 is a certainty down the line. They probably just don’t know how many they want to do. There’s no way they use all of them though. If I had to bet I’d say we’ll get three waves, but it might not be 5 characters at a time and we might not get a new stage with each one. The later waves might just be characters only.
Perhaps it's about future expansion, as in rereleases on future consoles?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Funny enough when there was a recent game ,Dark Dawn, in the equation during the pre smash 4 days, Isaac didn't even get so much as his assist trophy to return. Sure you can argue Dark Dawn may have had something to do with it, but then games like Radiant Dawn and Path to Radiance never impeded Ike's chance from making it in as a playable character (granted ike was from a prexisting franchise, but the fe cast was extremely small with only two characters). As much as I am trying to keep an open mind to all this new info, I honestly feel like it's a toss up at this point. I really hope the trademark renewal at the very least does mean some Golden Sun game soon enough because at the moment it seems like smash isn't the way to go at all for Golden Sun to be revived (albeit we did get a lot more content than anticipated recently lol).
That's why I said smash is the small time goal the strawberry on the cake when we should all go for the cake itself then the strawberry later they ain't gonna listen because they don't think we exist so we gotta prove we do

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Perhaps it's about future expansion, as in rereleases on future consoles?
The Switch probably has at least another 4-5 years left. That’s a long time with Ultimate, especially if they decided to port it to the next console. I don’t know how fans would feel.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Given that, people thinking Elma will be DLC aren't too off the mark. Only thing that would prevent that is if Nintendo didn't consider suggesting her to Sakurai, depending on what they think of XBX's performance on the Wii U.

First of all, it's 29, and second of all, most of those spots may go towards echoes, costumes and alts, so I'd expect a second wave at most, but we'll see what happens.
Lol 29 or not that's enough to do 4 more waves aside from the one we are getting. Of course I'm not holding on to that high of a number. We're lucky to even get another wave at all considering the amount of content already in the game. I just hope they do more than one wave at the very least. Not just for Isaac alone, but to have newcomers from unrepresented franchises too.

Edit: NoOtherPersona NoOtherPersona at this point I just want another game. I'm more excited for the prospects of playing a HD Golden Sun game on the switch held to today's standards than just waiting for Isaac to make it into smash. I can just imagine a new game with more in depth cut scenes, expanded lore, online gameplay, and a bunch of sidequests.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Since other accounts are making countdowns to the release of Ultimate (including the official Bomberman account which is also represented via AT) I figured it'd be cool if I let the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts page join in as well
Also yes the art is by me. I'm starting to get back into it again =)

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Since other accounts are making countdowns to the release of Ultimate (including the official Bomberman account which is also represented via AT) I figured it'd be cool if I let the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts page join in as well
Also yes the art is by me. I'm starting to get back into it again =)

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 11.29.43 PM.png

I recently saw this on twitter and I just thought how great Isaac would look like if he shared a spot alongside fan favorites like Ridley and King K Rool on one of these advertising boards. Here's hoping that can happen someday whether it be through DLC or smash 6.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They found a missing slot open where a character would go. Based on the placement it was speculated to be a first-party character that got cut. Of course, it could just be a placeholder or could have been for Piranha Plant as was suggested above. So not sure if it means anything (probably doesn't) but just throwing it out there.
The data has an entire franchise missing in the music list. Odds are, that missing slot (which is for a victory theme FYI) was for a new franchise character. NOT Piranha Plant.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
The data has an entire franchise missing in the music list. Odds are, that missing slot (which is for a victory theme FYI) was for a new franchise character. NOT Piranha Plant.
My first gut instinct would have been Rex, but he'd share everything with Shulk wouldn't he?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Did you get this info from the dlc discussion thread by any chance?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Okay that's what I thought. Reading some other posts I think I got mixed up and thought they were connecting PP to the datamine.

And if it's just a victory theme, that wouldn't mean too much would it? Cuz if it really was for a cut character then there'd likely be other leftover data elsewhere, unless they just neglected to clean up that one area. I'm not a dataminer, though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well...this is an interesting development. I’m curious to see where this goes.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait wait, hold up. Is this for real? If so...

I’m not going to outright say it’s for Isaac, but he does fit the bill. Like, scarily well. It would explain why Isaac was left until the very last minute, why he’s the only assist to have new moves, the Rathalos Tweet, all that. Also, it’s only for a victory theme? I agree that’s odd, why is that the only one there? What if the rest of those songs in there were removed? What have we found strange? That there are no new Golden Sun songs.

I’m probably making no sense right now, but I just wanted to put that out there. I’m no dataminer though, so I don’t know how these things work. I wonder how long before I’m locked up in a mental asylum...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait wait, hold up. Is this for real? If so...

I’m not going to outright say it’s for Isaac, but he does fit the bill. Like, scarily well. It would explain why Isaac was left until the very last minute, why he’s the only assist to have new moves, the Rathalos Tweet, all that. Also, it’s only for a victory theme? I agree that’s odd, why is that the only one there? What if the rest of those songs in there were removed? What have we found strange? That there are no new Golden Sun songs.

I’m probably making no sense right now, but I just wanted to put that out there. I’m no dataminer though, so I don’t know how these things work. I wonder how long before I’m locked up in a mental asylum...
I don’t know anymore. I kind of don’t want that to be true because it would really sting. Then again if it was it might help for the future.

I don’t know. I think we’re thinking too much into it.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of playing TBS again over this next week.

Anyone have any ideas on challenges or whatnot I should set for myself?

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I’m operating under the assumption that rumours are just that, rumours. I respect Sabi for going out of his way to get information, and I don’t doubt they actually got into contact with someone. What I doubt is the information itself.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay that's what I thought. Reading some other posts I think I got mixed up and thought they were connecting PP to the datamine.

And if it's just a victory theme, that wouldn't mean too much would it? Cuz if it really was for a cut character then there'd likely be other leftover data elsewhere, unless they just neglected to clean up that one area. I'm not a dataminer, though, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Isabelle's victory theme is z61 and Incineroar is z63. There is no z62. If it was a third party, it'd be at the end after Simon. There's also an entire music category missing. Music categories go a-z, with z being victory themes. Most third parties and Splatoon are special, having two letters that represent that franchise.

The music category "o" is completely missing. It's a bit of a weird position given Splatoon is "sp" while "q" and "r" are "Other"... while also containing Xenoblade and Punch Out.

EDIT: Made a pretty big mistake in numbering. It's actually z92 that is missing, between Incineroar (z91) and Inkling (z93). Which actually raises the odds that it's a new IP character.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Isabelle's victory theme is z61 and Incineroar is z63. There is no z62. If it was a third party, it'd be at the end after Simon. There's also an entire music category missing. Music categories go a-z, with z being victory themes. Most third parties and Splatoon are special, having two letters that represent that franchise.

The music category "o" is completely missing. It's a bit of a weird position given Splatoon is "sp" while "q" and "r" are "Other"... while also containing Xenoblade and Punch Out.

EDIT: Made a pretty big mistake in numbering. It's actually z92 that is missing, between Incineroar (z91) and Inkling (z93). Which actually raises the odds that it's a new IP character.
Could the missing victory theme be for the existing and returning characters
from Fire Emblem Awakening? There were a video recently that show FEA characters to have a variant of ID purpose, but where is it placed in the data?

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Not to mention that Dark Dawn and Xenoblade came out on the same year. Guess who got full priority on that?

I swear, I have a weird relationship with Xenoblade. It’s a great series and the characters are fun, yet it feels like it overshadows Golden Sun, preventing it from ever coming back. *sigh*
Xenoblade is an oddball for me as well. I absolutely love the first game as it had a very fun battle system with a large world to explore and a great story, I'd say I love XC1 as much as GS GBA (each had their strength).

XCX on the other hand, bore me to utter death, it doesn't help I only have a Japanese version, but the whole story line felt super boring and the combat is much less interesting mostly due to the way classes are handled, XC1 had dedicated healers with loads of team comp possibility, XCX felt like it doesn't have that depth (at least from the start).

XC2 is in the middle for me. The story is so much better than XCX, but the gameply is much weaker compared to XC1 (some dedicated healer are super weird and move = no auto attack??? cooldown is linked to auto attacks????????). We had lootbox blade as well, making me lose interest for post game content via the field skill level requirement.

I am happy that Xenoblade is doing fairly well, but it doesn't have the fun puzzles Golden Sun has nor a reward like Djinn that encourage player to explore for powers instead of random sidequest. I just hope the success of Xenoblade would push Camelot to push out the next Golden Sun as soon as possible.

Top Bottom