• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Be prepared for the worst, but don't lose hope.
Whatever happens remember that all these leaks and insider drama are not the fault of the game and it's developers.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Watch. Some Isaac fan made him mad and this is his way at trying to get back at him. Weird how the only thing Vergeben found out after how many months of no new info is Isaac is an AT.

I never bought into Vergeben anyways. I felt he “leaked” the safest characters ever and half of the new revealed characters he made no mention of. This guy supposedly knew about Simon but not of his Echo who was revealed right along side him.
I have no doubt he had some info. He definitely knew what was going on at E3, but post E3 it’s been rather vague. And despite him being vague he’s always had an air of cockiness about him that gets on my nerves. Especially with everyone and their mother eating up what he says even tho he’s not even really saying anything.

Post E3 What has he gotten right? Simon. Isabelle.

Didn’t know about Richter (although he backpedaled hard and said he did know about him, just didn’t mention him because all he knew were voice lines or some crap... you’d think you’d still mention that as a leaker), Chrom, Dark Samus or K Rool.

And now all of a sudden he comes out of ****ing nowhere, points a sniper scope in our direction and with no other info about the direct, pulls the trigger. No. I’ll belive it with my own eyes thank you very much.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
It's too early to start giving up. The only time a SSB fan can give up is when it's all over.

*Slams bench* Those words from those insiders as I see is false until proven by Sakurai!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Do we have something like a community discord? Because when the final direct hits, and he's either in or not and we scatter. I still think we should have a place we could chat after this thread inevitably ceases to exist.
I'd love this.

Now for my two cents, because I literally left a couple hours and everything is exploding with pessimism and sadness. Vergeben doesn't know everything. We can vouch for that with evidence as of now, he wasn't sure Isabelle wasn't an echo, he didn't know about any of the echoes that appeared in the August Direct. How can you know about Simon and not know about Richter if Sakurai explicitly said they "echo each other"? I won't say he doesn't know anything because maybe he did/does have some insider information but clearly he didn't know the whole roster, most of his last couple claims where like "I am not sure about this information but I HEARD X from a source". It is kinda easy to become reliable to a community in that way, he goes around and says he isn't sure so when he is right he goes like yeah I knew this and when he isn't he is like "well I did say I wasn't sure" (as what happened with Isabelle.)

All I am saying is, let's not lose hope yet. I still stand by the fact that Sakurai has previously said he tries to be careful with how he communicates and that he doesn't want to purposely disappoint and hurt his fans (clearly because from a marketing stand point that is a horrid thing to do and costs you a lot of money in the end), so why start now? Why with Isaac? Which biggest supported first party is left aside from him?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I have no doubt he had some info. He definitely knew what was going on at E3, but post E3 it’s been rather vague. And despite him being vague he’s always had an air of cockiness about him that gets on my nerves. Especially with everyone and their mother eating up what he says even tho he’s not even really saying anything.

Didn’t know about Richter (although he backpedaled hard and said he did know about him, just didn’t mention him because all he knew were voice lines or some crap... you’d think you’d still mention that as a leaker), Chrom, Dark Samus or K Rool.

And now all of a sudden he comes out of ****ing nowhere, points a sniper scope in our direction and with no other info about the direct, pulls the trigger. No. I’ll belive it with my own eyes thank you very much.
Back in March, before he E3 he threw out names like Tails, Zero, Phoenix Wright, and Noxus. Clearly he’ll throw whatever out there as well.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Alright. I don't trust Vergeben, I never have. He's been making safe/vague guesses since Simon Belmont was revealed. That was when he was brought onto the map. There were so many people "leaking" info, that at least one of them had to have a lucky streak. Simon was revealed, he just rolled with it, is what I've assumed, and so I've never trusted him.

Verge has not had 100% track record with Smash. The only reason he's never been wrong is because he only claims to know certain things, but there are infinitely many possible things that he doesn't know that won't hurt his track record, because of how he words things. He didn't call EVERYONE returning? He didn't call K. Rool, a massive fan request? Both of those are simply chalked up to "he doesn't know everything in the game" and it makes it nearly impossible to disprove him. After his success, more people without evidence follow him up, claiming the same things, as if bandwagoning off his predictions.

Meanwhile, a leak with a reliable background and little opposing evidence comes out and we're NOT supposed to believe it. I'm sorry, but no. At this point, I'm waiting for the direct. I won't listen to any "insiders," I won't pretend like Isaac has a no chance, but I also won't believe he's a shoe-in for the game. This way, whatever happens, my expectations are all my own, and not someone else's.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Anyone else find it ironic that Verge is practically taunting the Isaac supporters like this, even though he once made a comment on about why the GS fans like the game so much? Just gives me more of a reason not to believe that post.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

He guessed Isabelle was an echo, but she instead was a semi-clone. So someone's "sources" was feed false information. And that begs the question:

What other "leakers" have been given false information and why do all the "credible" ones claim that the Grinch Leak is fake?
Add to the fact that Gamexplain seems to have ripped the tongue of out the Grinch Leak's mouth at the start and gave it no time to even discuss whereas they did the same for the Prima Leak.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Regardless of what's being said I've been believing Isaac is playable even before Grinch leak and I ain't stoppin' now I will see it through to the bitter end.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I really think these insiders are being baited and I have no reason to concretely believe them. Just take a look at this
Yeah, nobody can agree on anything. Don’t know why we’re getting so worked up about Vergeben and his powerhouse picks of Isabelle, Incineroar, and Ken. Oh and of course Square Enix rep.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Anyone else find it ironic that Verge is taunting Isaac supporters like this, even though he once commented on why GS fans like the game so much? Just gives me more of a reason to not believe that post.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
@True Blue Warrior, add me on that list. A bit late, but better now than never!

I'll be at work on Thursday (first day at GameStop), and my manager said that he's going to tune in when the Direct starts. He too is a die-hard Smash fan since Melee and he's hoping to see Banjo. I'm praying that both of us see our favorite characters confirmed.

This direct is either going to make or break us, guys. Cross your fingers and hope for the best because this might be our last push for Golden Boi and the Grinch Crew.
The Grinch Crew?...I LIKE THAT NAME! All 7 of us fandoms Bros of Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow and Ken together as The Grinch Crew!

If this turns out true, it will be one of the biggest memorable moments of Smash history!

TO VICTORY, EVERYONE!!!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
OK, y'all mind if I say something as a guy who is both still holds doubts about this Grinch Leak and is only a very casual, partial supporter of Isaac?

**** Veggieburger. Seriously. I never trusted the guy and always hated his attention-whoring ways, and hated the blind worship he got. Now he's just being petty because his five minutes of internet fame is up.

And remember, even if this leak is fake, that does not mean Isaac isn't in. Anybody remember that Palutena leak that was fake but Palutena ended up in the game anyways? It's never over until it's over, period.

I'll still hope that Isaac gets in. Not because I feel particularly strongly about him personally, but because of how incredible it would be to see you guy's waiting finally pay off.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did a post explaining my thought process if the worst comes to pass and Isaac is an AT.

Basically we strong arm him in another Ballot and hope he gets promoted to playable status and that Matthew replaces his AT.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
I do not believe it! I won't believe it! It is a lie!

There may come a day when the golden sun sets, but it is not this day! There may come a day when all psynergy is lost, but that is not this day. There may come a day when the djinn abandon us, but that is not this day! This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Adepts of the internet!!

....for Isaac.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Anyone else find it ironic that Verge is taunting Isaac supporters like this, even though he once commented on why GS fans like the game so much? Just gives me more of a reason to not believe that post.
Darn, sorry for the repost.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In Vergie's defense, it could be him speaking objectively about the situation. He might like Golden Sun but that doesn't mean he'd spread false, feel good info.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Gonna be very, very emotional here. I write with tears in my eyes.

Given Verge's credibility. This is a hard de-confirmation. No trolling, No Mathew, no secret surprise by insiders to have us blown away. None of that Bull****. It's over. Look out ourselves. We were given a second chance at LIFE. We got cut from the assist roster. We campaigned for the ballot. But it was all for nothing! We spent this whole launch cycle talking about how F****** ensured he was after Ridley. And after K rool. We NEVER looked at the bigger picture. The truth is...WE. NEVER. HAD. A. CHANCE! I'm saying this with tears in by eyes. But look at the view count of this thread. 200. That's right, a "major" character just got deconfirmed and only 200 showed up.

The bigger truth is. We're the only one's that cared. As far as the media is concerned this "Victory" should be amazing to all 200 golden sun fans left in the world. Why is that all the videos on youtube would always prop up Geno, K rool, and Ridley? Never touching Isaac? Because, as far as they're concerned we're ants. 890,000 views? 28,500 reply's? Doesn't matter to them. NEVER mattered to them. "It's an anime JRPG character" they said. No one ever talked about him out of this group. So here we are again. Forced to accept our fates kicking and screaming. We never had a platform to present ourselves from. We never had someone before Billy to prove we exist. So...no wonder the worst comes....

I'll go down with the ship. It's been an honor.

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
Yo, I'm Joe Stronger from the Geno support thread. I'm just here to tell you all flatly, Verge isn't really on your side, and none of the insiders are. He wasn't on anyone's side in the smash community, he's just another inside leaker, and just like the rest of them, all the insiders are now starting to eat themselves over some "supposedly" fake leak made by a random French dude.

IMO It was always about reputation for them, and now that their reputation is in jeopardy over the Grinch Leak, they're all in a mad dash to pull some **** together in order to preserve their reputations. Which is funny to me; why would they be so stressed over some "fake leak"?

I'm with you guys all the way. Count me in for Team Isaac, too.

ZelDan

Smash Master
When it comes to Verge's claim, I guess I'm just taking a "wait and see" approach.

I still lean on the Grinch stuff being true with all the evidence backing it up

Of even if that banner was not completely true, we did have Mystic backing our boi Isaac. AFAIK no other leaker or insider has said anything on Isaac specifically, so...*shrug*

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Given Verge's credibility.
You mean the "leaker" who has gotten all information that has been presented right and wrong? Give me a break.

Feel free to claim defeat without any actual evidence but I will stay until the direct is over.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
In Vergie's defense, it could be him speaking objectively about the situation. He might like Golden Sun but that doesn't mean he'd spread false, feel good info.
With a picture of a mic drop....? He just sounds angry. And notice how he had to put Grinch Leak in his post. I just take it as he’s pissed and is trying to mess with people.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ship isn't ending here.

Ship only ends for Golden Sun content whenever we hear "All DLC is done and there will be no more development of this game."

The ship does NOT end here. Ya'll hear that? We'll settle for Matthew. We'll settle for Felix. We'll settle for an Isaac upgrade. We are NOT caving in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With a picture of a mic drop....? He just sounds angry. And notice how he had to put Grinch Leak in his post. I just take it as he’s pissed and is trying to mess with people.
Nah i'm willing to take him at face value for this. If he says this then he honestly believes it, regardless of the validity.

Especially after he praised the franchise and it's importance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It doesn't make me not believe it, but it does remind me that the environment on GameFAQs just kinda sucks.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
It occurs to me that the Insider’s information seems largely old. For instance, Verge didn’t know everyone was back, he knew a handful of the most important veterans. Maybe the likes of Young Link and Pichu were done last and this he wasn’t aware of them. Similarly he has no idea about Banjo, possibly since according to a Microsoft source Banjo was done in the last year, and Incineroar was (speculated?) cut to make way.

Perhaps Isaac could be the same way. Some characters weren’t working out so in the last year he was upgraded to playable. Would explain why none of the “insiders” know about him, other than obviously massive egos.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It doesn't make me not believe it, but it does remind me that the environment on GameFAQs just kinda sucks.
Easily the biggest take away in all this lol.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I just got really upset for a minute but after looking at ALL the evidence for Isaac being playable, I’m good. And the fact that half of these “insiders” believe Isaac playable and the other half along with virginben don’t mean they have no idea what’s what.

Back on track now and can’t wait for Goldenboi to be revealed on Thursday. It’s our time!

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Given Verge's credibility. This is a hard de-confirmation. No trolling, No Mathew, no secret surprise by insiders to have us blown away. None of that Bull****. It's over. Look out ourselves. We were given a second chance at LIFE. We got cut from the assist roster. We campaigned for the ballot. But it was all for nothing! We spent this whole launch cycle talking about how F****** ensured he was after Ridley. And after K rool. We NEVER looked at the bigger picture. The truth is...WE. NEVER. HAD. A. CHANCE! I'm saying this with tears in by eyes. But look at the view count of this thread. 200. That's right, a "major" character just got deconfirmed and only 200 showed up.

The bigger truth is. We're the only one's that cared. As far as the media is concerned this "Victory" should be amazing to all 200 golden sun fans left in the world. Why is that all the videos on youtube would always prop up Geno, K rool, and Ridley? Never touching Isaac? Because, as far as they're concerned we're ants. 890,000 views? 28,500 reply's? Doesn't matter to them. NEVER mattered to them. "It's an anime JRPG character" they said. No one ever talked about him out of this group. So here we are again. Forced to accept our fates kicking and screaming. We never had a platform to present ourselves from. We never had someone before Billy to prove we exist. So...no wonder the worst comes....

I'm really going to miss playing as Seong Mina in SCVI

Also I can't wait to not pay for Tira!

Oh, Did you hear, MVCI is getting more DLC!

Oh, and F-Zero x Star Fox in Star Fox Grand Prix!

He has a habit of being full of **** and pretending he's not.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

but it can't end like this! i-it just can't!

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

WHY does everybody treat this guys word as Gospel? Believe what you see with your own eyes, stop believing what he tells you to believe!

Isaac did well in the ballot (exit polling shows this).
Isaac's AT was not shown early, when other highly requested characters were (Shovel Knight, Waluigi, Ashley).
The Rathalos picture, which was clearly a Golden Sun reference.

Even without the Grinch Leak, Isaac was a lock for a while. You people really need more confidence.

EDIT: It's even MORE pathetic because Verge says Isaac is in the game as an AT. So Sakurai knew of Isaac's popularity, added him back as an AT and then purposely delayed showing him off to string his fans along and piss them off. In what way does that make any sense?

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's totally over guys. Some generic insider who has admitted to hating Smash fans said one of the community's most wanted characters isn't playable. There's no way he's just taunting or anything, nope, it's a hard-disconfirmation. It was over before it even began.

Top Bottom