• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I was in the middle of writing a post about expectations and optimism or something then Vergeben showed up out of ****ing nowhere.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
If Isaac still can't get in as playable in this game I probably won't buy it honestly. I'm interested but games aren't my main hobby and the whole time the only thing I really cared about was getting Isaac. That's my two cents on this rumor. If Isaac's in, I'll be hyped and of course I'm going to get the game, but if he's just an AT or not in at all again, I might wait a few months or longer.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
A 1st party top ballot contender, with a tweet tease and potentially an item in the game. if Isaac was an AT he would've been deconfirmed last direct instead of making the fans suffer...Sakurai wouldnt **** around like that, it makes NO sense lol

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Same reason they didn't the past few weeks, because they were under no obligation to do so. And I would think in some situations in would incriminate their source. Why would someone claim that, should they be unprepared to share? It's just inviting trouble.
Trouble as in people being able to scrutinize where the sources come from? We have to continue believing they know the full roster without telling us anything? And their sources could be incriminated? Well ain't that just the biggest scape-goat out of a situation.

As it is now, most of them are still being very taciturn and vague.
Except they take time to say that the Grinch Leak is fake and dare not say who is in the full roster instead. It is asking bystanders to trust a hearsay.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You know what would be funny if they confused Isaac with Matthew lmao that would be funny

TBone06

Smash Ace
Good luck Isaac squad!! You got a whole ton of support from the Geno thread. I'm hoping both of our boys make it in!

Vergeben isn't a guarantee. Don't lose hope!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
A 1st party top ballot contender, with a tweet tease and potentially an item in the game. if Isaac was an AT he would've been deconfirmed last direct instead of making the fans suffer...Sakurai wouldnt **** around like that, it makes NO sense lol
It doesn’t make any ****ing sense. Part of me wonders if Vergeben is just pissed from all the hate he’s been getting lately from the Grinch Leak and is just saying things now to destroy hype.

If Isaac is just going to come back as an assist trophy after all of that I’d rather he just didn’t come back at all. Him being an assist trophy does nothing for Golden Sun.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
You gotta admit it's very weird all the insiders suddenly waking up with tons of infos now the direct is announced.
And none of them can seem to agree on anything. Apparently over at ResetEra they’re trying to figure things out and it seems like they’re constantly coming up with different things every hour.

I think in the last 24 hours I’ve heard Isaac go from playable to AT back to playable at least 3 or 4 times.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'd just like to say its perfectly okay to be pissed but let's not rage out with eyes watching us If that's true we have many examples and memes of the people who have done so spare yourself and don't become one of them

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And none of them can seem to agree on anything. Apparently over at ResetEra they’re trying to figure things out and it seems like they’re constantly coming up with different things every hour.

I think in the last 24 hours I’ve heard Isaac go from playable to AT back to playable at least 3 or 4 times.
Trying to figure things out means you have no inside information. Somebody with insider information would never doubt themselves over a different leak. They never did it before Grinch Leak why now? If all the sources being given out were wrong then why were they not called out?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm so very sad to hear that Vergeben is claiming Isaac is in as an Assist Trophy. That's like disrespect.

Don't give up hope y'all, we need to hang in there!
November 1st is gonna be one crazy day.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
what do we do if isaac's AT'd
we mod the game, take the AT model, and make him playable.

So basically I come hope to negative news. I'm still taking the "lol hope" approach and think that this is wrong. We've seen a lot of contradicting information this week or so, all we can do is wait and see~

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Yeah, ok. Sure. And then proceeds to have a gif of John Cena dropping a mic. **** off. that’s unwarrented true or false. Makes me hate him even more.

But no. I don’t think this guy has any leg to stand on especially since that’s the thing he decides to bring up. 40 minutes. And he decides to say Isaac’s an AT but nothing else... Ignore him. Let’s just wait for the Direct and see for ourselves.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
we mod the game, take the AT model, and make him playable.

So basically I come hope to negative news. I'm still taking the "lol hope" approach and think that this is wrong. We've seen a lot of contradicting information this week or so, all we can do is wait and see~
I just want us to be prepared for worst case scenario is all - we need to stay united.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Trying to figure things out means you have no inside information. Somebody with insider information would never doubt themselves over a different leak. They never did it before Grinch Leak why now? If all the sources being given out were wrong then why were they not called out?
I’m not part of their group. I don’t know why people who are supposed to have inside information still can’t figure out what’s going.

I find it funny that Vergeben just now figured out Isaac was an AT a day before the Direct. And I guess Isaac for some reason is the only character he found anything about.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Why are all the insiders suddenly so sure about everything? For the longest time there was absolute silence on every front but now they suddenly know Isaac's fate? Ugh Thursday can't come fast enough. I need to know now.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I just really really want Isaac playable. I'm not giving up.

It could easily be Matthew AT, Isaac playable, and that's what's confusing people.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I honestly think these so called insiders should just shut up for now, the direct is in a few hours, they're not helping at all they just make the community unnecessarily anxious with their messy statements. Aka ruining hype and fun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Trouble as in people being able to scrutinize where the sources come from? We have to continue believing they know the full roster without telling us anything? And their sources could be incriminated? Well ain't that just the biggest scape-goat out of a situation.
Trouble as in what everyone did to Mystic. All in all he handled it well.

I would imagine they're more concerned with maintaining a working relationship and assuring future info gets passed on to them than appeasing a listless crowd or being believed in the moment. Keep in mind only two people have actually shared info. Again you're generalizing all leakers, from the Vergs and the Emilys to the noise on 4chan.

That method doesn't benefit us but, for better or for worse, I don't think that's the goal for most of the ones in question, which are just the handful of ones generally regarded as credible.

Except they take time to say that the Grinch Leak is fake and dare not say who is in the full roster instead. It is asking bystanders to trust a hearsay.
Hearsay with some foundation behind it, but I understand why people didn't. They were asking for a lot and providing almost nothing.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Do we have something like a community discord? Because when the final direct hits, and he's either in or not and we scatter. I still think we should have a place we could chat after this thread inevitably ceases to exist.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I’m not part of their group. I don’t know why people who are supposed to have inside information still can’t figure out what’s going.
I know you are not. I agreed and elaborated on your post.

I find it funny that Vergeben just now figured out Isaac was an AT a day before the Direct. And I guess Isaac for some reason is the only character he found anything about.
Yep, sounds like it is hoping than anything else. Ever noticed how all of the leakers were quiet about Prima, but now have all started to attack the Grinch Leak?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys.
I just saw Verge's post.
That was unnecessarily cruel to all the Isaac fans.
Don't give up hope.
The sun hasn't set just yet.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah, ok. Sure. And then proceeds to have a gif of John Cena dropping a mic. **** off. that’s unwarrented true or false. Makes me hate him even more.

But no. I don’t think this guy has any leg to stand on especially since that’s the thing he decides to bring up. 40 minutes. And he decides to say Isaac’s an AT but nothing else... Ignore him. Let’s just wait for the Direct and see for ourselves.
Watch. Some Isaac fan made him mad and this is his way at trying to get back at him. Weird how the only thing Vergeben found out after how many months of no new info is Isaac is an AT.

I never bought into Vergeben anyways. I felt he “leaked” the safest characters ever and half of the new revealed characters he made no mention of. This guy supposedly knew about Simon but not of his Echo who was revealed right along side him.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, unlike most of you, I don't take anything Verge says with credit anymore.

He's just trolling at this point to get a reaction.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben could say that Papua New Guinea has suddenly gained hold of every nuclear weapon in the world...

...but that would be false, of course, because Papua New Guinea hasn't gained hold of every nuclear weapon in the world.

Vergeben could also say that Isaac's an assist trophy...

...but that would likely be false, of course, because all evidence points elsewhere...

*stares at the golden sun logo*

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior , add me on that list. A bit late, but better now than never!

I'll be at work on Thursday (first day at GameStop), and my manager said that he's going to tune in when the Direct starts. He too is a die-hard Smash fan since Melee and he's hoping to see Banjo. I'm praying that both of us see our favorite characters confirmed.

This direct is either going to make or break us, guys. Cross your fingers and hope for the best because this might be our last push for Golden Boi and the Grinch Crew.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Trouble as in what everyone did to Mystic. All in all he handled it well.

I would imagine they're more concerned with maintaining a working relationship and assuring future info gets passed on to them than appeasing a listless crowd or being believed in the moment. Keep in mind only two people have actually shared info. Again you're generalizing all leakers, from the Vergs and the Emilys to the noise on 4chan.
All leakers who provide no source and no further information besides vague information deserve to not be trusted. At least the Prima Leak and the Grinch Leak gave us stuff to scrutinize, which can not be said at all by all of the previous leakers.

That method doesn't benefit us but, for better or for worse, I don't think that's the goal for most of them.
Their goal is to provide information that people are scrambling for and trying to get special deals for having "classified" information.

Hearsay with some foundation behind it, but I understand why people didn't. They were asking for a lot and providing almost nothing.
What foundation? They have been right and wrong about all things. It makes this a guessing game just like the rest of us. What makes a source trusthworthy if it cannot be traced? And they want us to believe that all the leakers have different sources, but somehow, all information provided by the Grinch Leak is fake? Asking for a lot? How is asking to elaborate and provide what you know is not asking for a lot, it is asking you why you scrutinize and call a certain source fake without giving any inkling of evidence why it is.

tamagone

Smash Rookie
Vergeben has lost credibility.
Insiders have no sources.

Really, don't be taken away by all of this! My gut tells me Isaac is in. And we have to hold on until the end.

Don't believe any of these 'leaks.' We can only trust the official release!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Can anyone with a straight face tell me that Rathalos tweet was NOT a Golden Sun reference? If it is like we all believe are we really supposed to believe Sakurai did that to let us know Isaac was returning as an assist trophy?

I don’t have much faith in insiders at all, but at least Mystic seemed genuine and was trying to be very careful how he worded things he found out and he said he talked to enough people that he believed Isaac was playable.

I’ll go with the insider who doesn’t act like a piece of **** and post a picture of a mic drop while he tells a fan base to basically go F themselves.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, I’m shaking in my cowboy boots.

Well, pack up guys, I guess we’ll get about 40 minutes of Sakurai explaining the intricacies of Ken.
"...and this hair in Ken's armpit I named Egil because it spoke to me in my sleep about wanting to kill all biological lifeforms. This armpit hair next to Egil I named..."

Top Bottom