• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he's gonna make ton of adorable friends. :laugh:

However, there's still Isaac's one true bro out there still missing.

I rly hope for our Lloyd brothers to see their day coming as well. Not only for Lloyd himself but because I love the Tales of Series as well AND MORE MOTOI SAKURABA <3

With that said, I still think Felix could be a similar case to Olimar/Alph so that he basically doesn't get an Echo spot.

Option 2 would be an Echo Fighter DLC pack. They could easily introduce more Echoes like Felix, Ninten, Zack from FF7CC, Dark Meta Knight? etc. Those are of course just examples, but I could see something like that happening since it's a nice bonus for the fans.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I might be a little late on this but someone on the comments section of youtube pointed out on the leaked banner/mural that isaac is next to isabelle and little mac, former assist trophies.

Shout out to QcSlayer Seven for pointing this out!

Thanls but I was not the one who add the idea!

I just don't remember were I heard it....

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I saw a few Grinch comments down there nothing that bad, then again I only saw a few comments, Also I found this which makes interesting points about the company
I hate how people say he could have just done this for a prank it's getting more elaborate and complicated now this better not be a stupid prank

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I personally think at this point whoever this person is (doubt it is that Eric guy) has a serious grudge against nintendo since admiting potentially multiple crimes at once for some stupid "prank" is kinda weird. I know there are people who would do anything for some attention but still.
The guy who leaked everything still hasn't come clear and we didn't hear anything official either of who it might have been.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Here's a guy talking about what he thinks about the roster if it does turn out to be true. (He's not saying it is legit, though the title is pretty misleading) I thought it might be nice to watch a Smash video that isn't about analyzing the validity of the leak to death.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I hate how people say he could have just done this for a prank it's getting more elaborate and complicated now this better not be a stupid prank
I've talked about how the motivations of someone who made this leak (assuming it is fake), makes no sense. The person is unable to come forward and claim the leak was faked by them because it would lead to legal action against that person. Even if they did not face legal consequences, the leak is so blurry that the art cannot be admired (it was hard enough for people to make out the different characters, let alone artistic details). So if this is fake, the person clearly didn't do it for self promotion.

On top of that, some fake leakers create mock ups of a character they heavily support (this happened for :4palutena: and Rayman). This creates buzz around the character and makes them prominent to the community. But for this leak, there are 7 new characters here, meaning that the attention is split among all 7 of them. The focus of discussion around this leak's characters is divided. Even if the person who made this fake was a supporter of all 7 of these characters, they would have to be motivated enough to create a fake that includes all 7 when a leak that promotes 1-5 characters would have been easier, safer, and would have split the attention less.

So if the leaker made a fake and they were not motivated by personal promotion or character support, what were they motivated by? For the life of me, I have no idea.
Edit: The best I can think of is that they did it just to prank everyone, which is a lot of effort for just a prank.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. But could this might just be them shutting the video down because of harassment? Anyone see if people were [badword]posting in the comments?
At least 2/3 of what I saw were Grinch/leak references, someone even commented "Isaac confirmed" or something like that.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
They likely don't want the inside of their offices to be public domain now, considering the leak is out there and people could potentially link the two. Also, the full video or a completely new leak could surface where their installations are more visible, giving Nintendo evidence to tie it to them and sue.

Can't be a coincidence, they're probably covering their tracks. :smirk:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel really bad for the company. I hope they can get through this if the leak is real.

Maybe if it was an accident they won't come out of this as badly.....but if it comes out that someone intentionally leaked this information from their offices that will look really bad for them. (and that's probably an understatement....)

Last edited:

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
I feel really bad for the company. I hope they can get through this if the leak is real.

Maybe if it was accident they won't come out of this as badly.....but if it comes out that someone intentionally leaked this information from their offices that will look really bad for them. (and that's probably an understatement....)
Yes, I would feel pretty bad for them if they would go bankrupt because of this. (Which most likely will happen)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Maybe if it was an accident they won't come out of this as badly.....but if it comes out that someone intentionally leaked this information from their offices that will look really bad for them. (and that's probably an understatement....)
The way this leak happened sounds like it was an accident. The guy who took it did a snapchat video for a friend or two because the video would have been deleted anyway. But the friend(s) screenshot the video and then leaked it.
At least, that's how I see it.

Also, this Reddit user made an amazing drawing of Isaac!
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...t_most_wanted_newcomer_isaac_lets_out_a_howl/

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Right? Especially since, 5 days later, the entire Smash community is still digging up information about the leak. A person faking it would have had to not only figure all this stuff out beforehand by themselves, but also produce all the fake materials necessary to be accurate to all the details they dug up.

Plus, Marina PLV, the printing company people initially thought the leak came from, ended up making a statement about the leak, while ACP-PLV, the company people have now focused on, has yet to do so... but removed the video, showing that they are aware of what's happening. Sounds kinda like they aren't allowed to say anything!

Man, the home stretch leading to any Smash game is always so crazy. Feels like the time before Smash 3DS with the ESRB leak again :p

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Plus, Marina PLV, the printing company people initially thought the leak came from, ended up making a statement about the leak, while ACP-PLV, the company people have now focused on, has yet to do so... but removed the video, showing that they are aware of what's happening. Sounds kinda like they aren't allowed to say anything!
To add more fuel to the fire, the YouTube channel doesn't even belong to ACP - it belongs to a French bank who had a playlist promoting French businesses. This was the only video removed. It was removed on a Sunday.

Make of that what you will!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Getting tons of Isaac-related suggestions on YouTube, this awesome guitar cover among them:

Great music to get hyped for Isaac's potential Smash inclusion and Golden Sun's return to the spotlight. :grin:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone think when Sakurai said "I'm kinda hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers." he meant more along the lines of "I hope we can still surprise you."? Or is it just me?
I think he just meant unique fighters not counting echos. If we don't count echos then its 10 newcomers (11 if the Missing character thing is taken into account) which is still less then any other newcomers in previous Smash games.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
This is my non-standard GS song suggestion:

To add more fuel to the fire, the YouTube channel doesn't even belong to ACP - it belongs to a French bank who had a playlist promoting French businesses. This was the only video removed. It was removed on a Sunday.

I will. The bank is aware of the risk so it doesn't want to be dragged into this or it was a request from the company itself.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

The only way that would make sense (if the leak was fake) would be that they don't want unwanted attention drawn to them and for people to get the wrong idea.

However if that was the case, they clearly know about what has happened so they should be able to release a statement denying it, just like the Marina company.

Unless they can't talk about it.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So the video was taken down… huh… yeah call me crazy all you want but this isn't just a coincidence , no way. This stinks to damage control from MILES away. I'm literally 99% on this leak at this point… None of this things would happen if it was fake, they just wouldn't care.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think he just meant unique fighters not counting echos. If we don't count echos then its 10 newcomers (11 if the Missing character thing is taken into account) which is still less then any other newcomers in previous Smash games.
It's more than Melee, which had 8 unique newcomers, which is the real shocking part to me, considering all the characters he brought back.

Sakurai will cement himself among the pantheon of video games if he managed to pull this off.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
You know, I was think that maybe Nintendo is planning to revive Golden Sun as Golden Sun across the world. That new trademark is for Golden Sun in English, but it's a Japanese trademark, so maybe the planned revival is going to be branded as Golden Sun worldwide for consistency.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I got a question to you people who have Isaac on their profile pic. If he is revealed, how many of us do you think are going to change immediatelly to the official renders? XD

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's more than Melee, which had 8 unique newcomers, which is the real shocking part to me, considering all the characters he brought back.

Sakurai will cement himself among the pantheon of video games if he managed to pull this off.
Melee: 14 - :peachmelee::bowsermelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Brawl: 18 (If we count Squritle, Ivysaur and Charizard separate) - :metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
Sm4sh: 20 (If we count the Miis separate fighters) - :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4mii:(:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:):4palutena::4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Melee: 14
I think he's referring to unique newcomers, so not the clones. There would be 8: Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Mewtwo, Zelda, & Sheik. The other 6 characters are all clones, being Roy, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario, so they can be discarded from the newcomer count, but since they've all been seemingly decloned, Sakurai considers them to be uniques for Ultimate. Back then, however, they were clones, since their "question mark" icons for being unlock able didn't show on the CSS.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think he's referring to unique newcomers, so not the clones. There would be 8: Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Mewtwo, Zelda, & Sheik. The other 6 characters are all clones, being Roy, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario, so they can be discarded from the newcomer count, but since they've all been seemingly decloned, Sakurai considers them to be uniques for Ultimate. Back then, however, they were clones, since their "question mark" icons for being unlock able didn't show on the CSS.
Echos also weren't a thing until Ultimate so regardless of being clones or semi-clones all these characters before then had been newcomers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unique newcomers, dawg. Melee had 8 of those, Smash Ultimate would have 10.
In case you missed.
Echos also weren't a thing until Ultimate so regardless of being clones or semi-clones all these characters before then had been newcomers.
Also Sakurai could had meant previous Smash games as a whole not just each one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Here's a guy talking about what he thinks about the roster if it does turn out to be true. (He's not saying it is legit, though the title is pretty misleading) I thought it might be nice to watch a Smash video that isn't about analyzing the validity of the leak to death.

>Am I happy?

More than you can possibly imagine, video-guy. Good ****ing lord.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436781578

Uuuh

This is getting more more to team real by the minute

For those playing at home who didn’t see something recent

ACP-PLV deleted a video of how the printers work why delete a simple video
Also, from what I understand, it was the only video in the big playlist (these videos were all technically made by a French bank) that was deleted. And if it was about recieving a sudden and unexplained surge of foreign comments about the Grinch, the usual method is to turn off comments. ACP had to have reached out to the bank to get the video deleted, as they can't do it themselves.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I got a question to you people who have Isaac on their profile pic. If he is revealed, how many of us do you think are going to change immediatelly to the official renders? XD
I will say, the only time in this Smash cycle where I've jumped up and down screaming like a maniac was when I saw Path of Radiance Ike, who's Ult render is my current phone background. Safe to say, I'm clearly going to lose my voice when Isaac's revealed so he will have earned the right to become my new phone background.

Probs make him my skype avatar too.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I'm still keeping mine as Dorf will always be one of my mains, no matter what. But I will stare at that beautiful render for hours at a time.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hmm... if this is somehow fake, then company would be able to claim slander... wait... libel...

If it isn't, then the company is going to be in trouble... it's a lose-lose for them thanks to the actions of either some troll or a rogue employee...

A-Log

Smash Rookie
Obviously pretty late to the party here but Golden Sun is one of my favorite games of all time; I'm literally gonna cry when I see the reveal trailer.

Since we all know he's definitely gonna be in, what're your best guesses for his moveset?

I'm hoping he'll be a sword/mage hybrid instead of more focused on Psynergy, since I like the style of swordsmen. Thinking Ragnarok and Move are probably a guaranteed, but what else would be included?

Top Bottom