• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hot take, Verge got whiny and assholey because Smash fans are ****ing awful towards him. I have no sympathy for anyone he insults

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
What's funny is back in the way early pages of this thread, I remember saying this:

It felt like he was more confident in his early leak of Ridley/Simon etc. than he is of Incineroar. Why else go ballistic on people who don't believe in this one specific character you mentioned. One that should be the most likely going by tradition and the fact that there's no new Pokemon stage yet. Though I hope that claim the one user made to make it seem like Isaac fans are Verge's biggest adversaries doesn't pick up. Verge did defend Golden Sun from the usual hate on Gamefaqs at one point, so it'd suck if he started to investigate make claims that Isaac's assist is returning to get at us, cause his words are powerful and we'd never hear the end of that in speculation.
The guy isn't the end all be all, no one is. I'm sure he has credibility and I think he does, but I wouldn't put my full faith into what he says.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hot take, Verge got whiny and assholey because Smash fans are ****ing awful towards him. I have no sympathy for anyone he insults
And i have no sympathy for him.

Because he's, by nature, leaking **** that shouldn't be leaked.

So if you don't like that attitude from the community, don't leak anything. Go home. Don't stay.

(so i proclaim this hot take to be cold. )

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
This too lmao. The dude is human, not to say that everyone is being a pest toward him, but getting this much attention, while also having to be consistent and people questioning you might get a little tiresome.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

So if you don't like that attitude from the community, don't leak anything. Go home. Don't stay.

Yikes. This, kids, is an example of what's called having no empathy.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
This too lmao. The dude is human, not to say that everyone is being a pest toward him, but getting this much attention, while also having to be consistent and people questioning you might get a little tiresome.
then he shouldn't be leaking ****! it's not hard. "waaaaaah I dun want attention!" you brought that on yourself dude!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I mean when you leak smash you gotta deal with the highs and the lows he knew what he was getting into he can either drop out or keep at it and yeah most people here aren't gonna feel sorry for him your a leaker your already scummy for spoiling

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Awww poor Mr. Leaker, getting angry at people cause he put himself in the spotlight of leaks. I feel sooooooo bad for you.

Meanwhile, who in the world in here was talking bad about Incineroar? I recall us having thoughts on other mons being better suited and me being subjective about his playstyle and whatnot, but hating? Pfft.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Could the Smash community as a whole do better? Absolutely.

Could Vergeben stop continuing to play the victim card and just stop leaking? Also possible.
If he truly, truly hated this, he has no reason whatsoever to stay. He is not getting paid for leaking.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
then he shouldn't be leaking ****! it's not hard. "waaaaaah I dun want attention!" you brought that on yourself dude!
I don't think that justifies people attacking him, especially if they have to question if what he says is true or not in the first place. Seems really petty to have continued animosity towards the guy for handing information that could or could not be true to the public. Until proven, everything is just rumors anyway and that's pretty much part of the culture of this community.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
What's funny is back in the way early pages of this thread, I remember saying this:

It felt like he was more confident in his early leak of Ridley/Simon etc. than he is of Incineroar. Why else go ballistic on people who don't believe in this one specific character you mentioned. One that should be the most likely going by tradition and the fact that there's no new Pokemon stage yet. Though I hope that claim the one user made to make it seem like Isaac fans are Verge's biggest adversaries doesn't pick up. Verge did defend Golden Sun from the usual hate on Gamefaqs at one point, so it'd suck if he started to investigate make claims that Isaac's assist is returning to get at us, cause his words are powerful and we'd never hear the end of that in speculation.
The way I see it. Most of his choices were character's that were impossible to not get leaked. Ridley, Daisy, and all vets? E3 details can be found by any industry insider a month or two before E3, lol. Simon is a konami character. Someone in the Konami grapevine will know, and will breach NDA to get it out, it's inevitable. As for Isabelle? She was meant to serve as a major fall direct closer that tied into the announcement of Animal Crossing Switch. A game that Nintendo insider's have obviously known for a long time. Incinroar? He's a pokemon, pokemon is a second party franchise with a very long history of leaks. I'm shocked nailing it down to Incinroar took as long as it did given how leaky TPC is. Ken is in the same boat as Simon, it was basically inevitable, same for the mystery square character.

K rool, Dark Samus, Chrom, however, indicate that all information that isn't in the hands people outside of the smash team is nailed to the floor ready for war. Isaac would be much the same, so if he were in the game, there's no feasible way many, if any for that matter, insiders not drowned in NDA's would know.
After the ESRB leak, the smash team is taking all leaks they can control extremely seriously. Name one legit leaker calling for K rool prior to the direct. Yeah, it's that kind of situation. First party characters are secrets hidden behind a lock and key made of freaking adamantium.

Anyways my point is, whether or not Isaac is in the game. Verge wouldn't have access to that information, because his sources wouldn't have access to that information either. It's a lost cause for him to even attempt to investigate. He probably knows that much already.

Last edited:

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Internet Law of the Land. Vergeben knew what he was getting himself into. Do I feel bad for him? A little bit, but remember, everyone:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

Careful, Xeno. You are starting to sound like Lloyd Irving on this Hot and Cold take. :D

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think that justifies people attacking him, especially if they have to question if what he says is true or not in the first place. Seems really petty to have continued animosity towards the guy for handing information that could or could not be true to the public. Until proven, everything is just rumors anyway and that's pretty much part of the culture of this community.
I have no respect for Vergeben. Sorry if that comes across as petty.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
To the people attacking him they are wrong but him responding the way he did is also wrong I dont matter if he's right or in the right what he did and they did is wrong and we are allowed to criticize him on that yes does he earn sympathy yes will he get it from most of us no but who cares about our feelings towards him and his too us were just guys and gals on the internet lol

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
The same could technically be said about him attacking those who doubt him. He's not particularly innocent himself. While I'm not saying it's right for anyone to attack anyone, by retaliating in a similar manner, it only furthers a reason for people to be hostile towards him. He's creating that himself. There will always be people on the internet that are naturally hostile. People usually know that when they log in. It's just how the world is.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
The moment he spouted the insults he spouted, the gloves were off.

That it. Full stop.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How in the world is it not having empathy for simply pointing out that actions have consequences? Vergeben decides to leak a huge game with a very anxious fanbase who desire to devour any news they come across. People hound him for more information and he insults them by using autism as an insult. Whatever he has done is brought upon himself. He knew what he was signing up for the moment he started leaking about Smash Brothers, since Smash Brothers mixes tons of fanbases together.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I have no respect for Vergeben. Sorry if that comes across as petty.
I'm not saying you should have respect for the guy, but between people making parody accounts of him or giving him **** DAILY for doing it when for some people rumors create interest---yeah I think that's kind of petty if someone is doing that.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Verge is meh for me, but I do respect that he defended Golden Sun in a gamefaq thread. I'll give him that at least.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
GameFAQs being GameFAQs again huh? Don’t let them get to you. I think this dumb video I made a while back is relevant again lol

This is amazing. I love it.
I don't think Verge is deserving of much, given both the nature of what he's doing ("spoiling" a game, even if he's probably wrong, which I believe him to be), as well as his awful insults towards, admittedly, not great people in themselves, but he's acting very much like an immature ***hole and is just digging himself into a deeper hole. He brought this on himself, and he's reaping what he sowed in a big way,

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
To the people attacking him they are wrong but him responding the way he did is also wrong I dont matter if he's right or in the right what he did and they did is wrong and we are allowed to criticize him on that yes does he earn sympathy yes will he get it from most of us no but who cares about our feelings towards him and his too us were just guys and gals on the internet lol
And I agree with that. Things just become unnecessarily hostile and they shouldn't have to be, but they undoubtedly will become that way.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If Vergeben is real, he’s leaking company secrets (in other words, a criminal) and spoiling a game (in other words, a ****). If he isn’t, he’s a troll.

And he knew what he was getting into. Playing victim now doesn’t change that. It’s the internet, you gotta expect a few assholes.

Plus, if someone is an asshole towards you, you get angry at that person. You don’t get angry at a community at large, nor do you start acting like somebody who’s tired of this ****. Those sweeping generalizations are dumb.

And no matter what anyone does to you, that doesn’t give you the right to start calling people stuff like autistic and such so lightly.

No matter how you look at it, he’s heavily at fault here. He’s crossed not one, but multiple lines.

The way I see it. Most of his choices were character's that were impossible to not get leaked. Ridley, Daisy, and all vets? E3 details can be found by any industry insider a month or two before E3, lol. Simon is a konami character. Someone in the Konami grapevine will know, and will breach NDA to get it out, it's inevitable. As for Isabelle? She was meant to serve as a major fall direct closer that tied into the announcement of Animal Crossing Switch. A game that Nintendo insider's have obviously known for a long time. Incinroar? He's a pokemon, pokemon is a second party franchise with a very long history of leaks. I'm shocked nailing it down to Incinroar took as long as it did given how leaky TPC is. Ken is in the same boat as Simon, it was basically inevitable, same for the mystery square character.

K rool, Dark Samus, Chrom, however, indicate that all information that isn't in the hands people outside of the smash team is nailed to the floor ready for war. Isaac would be much the same, so if he were in the game, there's no feasible way many, if any for that matter, insiders not drowned in NDA's would know.
After the ESRB leak, the smash team is taking all leaks they can control extremely seriously. Name one legit leaker calling for K rool prior to the direct. Yeah, it's that kind of situation. First party characters are secrets hidden behind a lock and key made of freaking adamantium.

Anyways my point is, whether or not Isaac is in the game. Verge wouldn't have access to that information, because his sources wouldn't have access to that information either. It's a lost cause for him to even attempt to investigate. He probably knows that much already.
Daisy wasn’t leaked. Neither was all vets. It was Snake, Icies, and all Smash 4 vets.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If Vergeben is real, he’s leaking company secrets (in other words, a criminal) and spoiling a game (in other words, a ****). If he isn’t, he’s a troll.

And he knew what he was getting into. Playing victim now doesn’t change that. It’s the internet, you gotta expect a few ********.

Plus, if someone is an ******* towards you, you get angry at that person. You don’t get angry at a community at large, nor do you start acting like somebody who’s tired of this ****. Those sweeping generalizations are dumb.

And no matter what anyone does to you, that doesn’t give you the right to start calling people stuff like autistic and such so lightly.

No matter how you look at it, he’s heavily at fault here. He’s crossed not one, but multiple lines.

Daisy wasn’t leaked. Neither was all vets. It was Snake, Icies, and all Smash 4 vets.
Preach ^

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

And he knew what he was getting into. Playing victim now doesn’t change that. It’s the internet, you gotta expect a few ********.

Plus, if someone is an ******* towards you, you get angry at that person. You don’t get angry at a community at large, nor do you start acting like somebody who’s tired of this ****. Those sweeping generalizations are dumb.

100%. He's not doing anything to help us, he's destroying all the surprises Sakurai has carefully planned for us, and whoever his sources are (or even he himself, if he's getting the info from within), are clearly breaking any NDAs, meaning the law. Not to mention, his "leaks" are incredibly safe, even taken from other leakers, but he's the only one getting attention for it, because he's being the loudest, and most obnoxious. No matter what people are calling you, you should take the high ground. I don't have a problem with him insulting people, since that's his choice (but I sure as **** won't respect him for it), but the insults he has used are terrible and simply ruin any good image he may have had.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not saying you should have respect for the guy, but between people making parody accounts of him or giving him **** DAILY for doing it when for some people rumors create interest---yeah I think that's kind of petty if someone is doing that.
Loz went through the same stuff and didn’t react as poorly. And loz was confirmed to be trolling, so if Vergeben is real and his etiquette is poorer than a fake leaker’s, damn.

Vergeben is not the first or last leaker on the planet. Not all become dip****s.

Actually, the info on the E3 trailer was leaked (on 4chan), everyone is here, the 3 newcomers, the game's name, even the Bomberman AT.
Source? Even if it was loz and not Vergeben, it’s the first time I’ve heard of this.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Yeah I was thinking it was likely having access to E3 info (like Loz initially who leaked the incarnations of each Zelda rep) but I couldn't remember if Verge was in that category too. But it does feel like that was when his confidence was higher, leak and disappearance. He wasn't getting into fights with peeps over whether they believed Ridley/Simon could even happen.

Though with the investigating part, it was stated that he tried to find information on K. Rool when he was asked about it and found none and when the box theory was blowing up, he was supposedly investigating that too. Either way I just find the whole of him trying to even investigate funny. Like what does that mean? Does he take out a magnifying glass, put on his Sherlock Holmes hat and rummage through shelves and desktops?

D

Deleted member

Hey it quite completes my dream with Isaac being a Chef in an gastronomic restaurant!
Nah, that's for Felix.

In The Lost Age, every time he looked at food, he was impressed with how they used ingredients... Until he came back to Prox and remembered what they had to watch.

In the original, Isaac just looked at food and went, "Oh, food!"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah I was thinking it was likely having access to E3 info (like Loz initially who leaked the incarnations of each Zelda rep) but I couldn't remember if Verge was in that category too. But it does feel like that was when his confidence was higher, leak and disappearance. He wasn't getting into fights with peeps over whether they believed Ridley/Simon could even happen.

Though with the investigating part, it was stated that he tried to find information on K. Rool when he was asked about it and found none and when the box theory was blowing up, he was supposedly investigating that too. Either way I just find the whole of him trying to even investigate funny. Like what does that mean? Does he take out a magnifying glass, put on his Sherlock Holmes hat and rummage through shelves and desktops?
Vergeben is actually Ethan Hunt, and he puts on a Sakurai latex mask and drops by Bandai Namco to check out whatever he can.

That’s why he’s only on GFAQs, Vergeben uses no stunt doubles.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
GameFAQs being GameFAQs again huh? Don’t let them get to you. I think this dumb video I made a while back is relevant again lol

I know that TheSpaceKing12 TheSpaceKing12 said exactly the same thing but I have to say it as well:
This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life. :drflip:

Top Bottom