• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I know i just worry about this specific thread with how they lose hope for even the weakest of theories sometimes lol. I think the theory is not entirely dead per say but it definitely suffered a blow today that should make people chill about it a bit. We'll see how it turns out.
Box theory is garbage tho, that I will say every day no matter what, lol. We are definitely getting more than 2 newcomers atm no matter what now, 4-5 at least.
To be honest I think the blow dealt was against Incineroar, not the music theory.

I don’t think we’re getting a Pokémon this time around.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be honest I think the blow dealt was against Incineroar, not the music theory.

I don’t think we’re getting a Pokémon this time around.
I've been betting against a Pokemon newcomer since E3.

People point to Geno as an example of the music theory being wrong because Mario music has already been posted but that's assuming Geno will be represented with the Mario logo, which isn't a guarantee.
That's people assuming Geno is going to happen, which isn't anywhere near a guarantee...

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I've been betting against a Pokemon newcomer since E3.

That's people assuming Geno is going to happen, which isn't anywhere near a guarantee...
Basically all of this. People have been taking Incineroar and Geno both for granted almost this entire time, and yet they aren't any more guaranteed than any other character. The community's folly is innately just assuming these characters are in, and Vergeben is right.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I know i just worry about this specific thread with how they lose hope for even the weakest of theories sometimes lol. I think the theory is not entirely dead per say but it definitely suffered a blow today that should make people chill about it a bit. We'll see how it turns out.
Box theory is garbage tho, that I will say every day no matter what, lol. We are definitely getting more than 2 newcomers atm no matter what now, 4-5 at least.
The music theory suffered a blow? No, it didn't. Until a Pokemon is actually revealed then it's still completely valid. Personally, I don't think it's gospel but I doubt we are getting a Pokemon anyway so yeah the only thing that has happened is that the popular theories are now in opposition,

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So I was bored and decided to make these silly pics. Just imagining stuff that they could make now that the trademark thing has been going on around lately. It's ok to dream I guess…
View attachment 166660
View attachment 166657View attachment 166658View attachment 166659
Dude these are absolutely amazing. You mind if I share these on the Twitter account. I'll be sure to credit you

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I've always believed that the only real danger to Isaac is being an Assist Trophy again. If he's not in the base game, that isn't as much of an issue imo. I'm personally convinced that we'll be seeing DLC characters and stages every few months until 2020 at least. ARMS was only a moderate hit, and that was getting new characters for free for a really long time after launch. Given how popular Smash is, and the fact that they could easily charge money for all that DLC content, AND the fact that 3rd parties are probably tripping over themselves to have their characters included, it seems like a no brainer.

We'll probably see just as many Nintendo characters interspersed among the doubtless numerous 3rd party DLCs. I still believe Isaac has a great shot at being in the base roster, but DLC makes sense as well. As a more niche character, they can charge individually for him and I would happily pay.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
A leaker digs their own grave by becoming one. - me.

As for the whole music theory/incineroar debacle, a lot of people are disregarding the music theory because they're so confident in mr. leaker's guarantee that incineroar is in. I will be referring to him as mr. leaker from now on.
Given that I'm skeptical of mr. flaming-wrestler-cat-that-is-very-off-putting being in smash, and the fact that the music theory has yet to really trip up, I'm up in the air about the whole thing.

I honestly don't see too many Dark Dawn locations as good choices, but the opera house would make sense from a silly point of it being basically where the trailer took place. :p

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I’m not super trusting of Vergeben but I’m not really convinced by this music theory either. Even if everything Verge says is true I doubt it’s all that’s left to reveal. The Corocoro 108 stages thing leads me to believe there must be at least 1-2 newcomers from unrevealed franchises and at least 1 stage from a franchise with no characters, maybe Rhythm Heaven or Minecraft or something.

EDIT: Also, everybody always forgets about ARMS. I know the "canonical opinion" is that an ARMS character is too recent because the design doc was reportedly finalized in 2015, but ARMS came out well over a year ago now, and who honestly believes Sakurai wouldn't have been aware of the game being in development back in 2015? I know Inklings weren't in Sm4sh, and I admit ARMS is still more likely as DLC, but it's a non-zero chance and people shouldn't be surprised if we see Spring Man or whoever in the base game.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This debate just highlights how interesting Saturday could be. Minecon isn't exactly guaranteed Smash news even if Minecraft is in the game, but if the day passes without a peep? We'll suddenly have two potential strikes against Vergeben, which would be a fascinating shake-up for Smash speculation. It's not a Direct, but in this dry spell for Smash news, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If I may interject about Geno and the "Music Theory". Some are saying the theory discredits Geno when honestly it really can go for his benefit too. It's 50/50 depending on the symbol he uses. Who's to say he's using the Mario Symbol? May I remind you all that Yoshi has his own symbol and he started in a Mario game. Geno can do the same!

Just wanted to put that out there.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
If I may interject about Geno and the "Music Theory". Some are saying the theory discredits Geno when honestly it really can go for his benefit too. It's 50/50 depending on the symbol he uses. Who's to say he's using the Mario Symbol? May I remind you all that Yoshi has his own symbol and he started in a Mario game. Geno can do the same!

Hmm, that's an interesting thought, but I'm not so sure. Geno has only ever been in a single game outside of cameos, and even those have all been Mario games. Other characters that have spun off from Mario an earned their own symbols (Wario, DK, Yoshi) have had multiple games that don't feature Mario in any way, shape, or form. Even by the time of the original Smash 64, We'd had Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi's Island plus Yoshi's Safari. Some of these still had Mario in them but they were definitely Yoshi-centric.

Now, I don't think that Mario music has any impact on Geno's chances anyway, but if and when Geno gets revealed he would make the most sense as a Mario rep, imo.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hmm, that's an interesting thought, but I'm not so sure. Geno has only ever been in a single game outside of cameos, and even those have all been Mario games. Other characters that have spun off from Mario an earned their own symbols (Wario, DK, Yoshi) have had multiple games that don't feature Mario in any way, shape, or form. Even by the time of the original Smash 64, We'd had Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi's Island plus Yoshi's Safari. Some of these still had Mario in them but they were definitely Yoshi-centric.

Now, I don't think that Mario music has any impact on Geno's chances anyway, but if and when Geno gets revealed he would make the most sense as a Mario rep, imo.
Which is true. Of course, Square could also have a say about it and request that Geno has his own symbol. But again, we'll have to wait and see.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So I was bored and decided to make these silly pics. Just imagining stuff that they could make now that the trademark thing has been going on around lately. It's ok to dream I guess…
View attachment 166660
View attachment 166657View attachment 166658View attachment 166659
Please, no. Amiibo scalpers are bad enough. What is the markup going to be on this absolutely gorgeous work of art when Nintendo releases five of them because, like Square, they think people don't like turn based JRPGs? Who am I going to have to mug on launch day to take their preorder slip because I missed the half second window these are available?

Also, you could probably totally pass these off as a legit leak. Just put them up on 4chan. And watch the "ZOMG, ISAAC CONFIRMED" guys go mad.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

There's also the possibility that the songs being posted to the blog are based on the music sections in "My Music" and not franchises.

In which case Mario has two music sections so that series may be the only exception if the music theory ends up being true.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

I've said this before, while I don't support Geno, I personally think that you're right. Square Enix might not want to lose recognition by having Geno as a generic Mario rep, so he very well could be his own series. Either that or Mario, being Mario, breaks the rules and gets another track on the website. Music Theory subscribers should write Geno off for that reason.

Side thought, darn, the more Geno talk I hear, the more I want Fawful... similar origin, more game appearances, first party, villain, an interesting personality (I can't compare it to Geno)... darn, I really wish that, in retrospect, people had thrown themselves into wanting Fawful instead of Geno because it could have actually been a possibility. Instead, Fawful is barely mentioned and most are sure he has an extremely low chance.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I've said this before, while I don't support Geno, I personally think that you're right. Square Enix might not want to lose recognition by having Geno as a generic Mario rep, so he very well could be his own series. Either that or Mario, being Mario, breaks the rules and gets another track on the website. Music Theory subscribers should write Geno off for that reason.

Side thought, darn, the more Geno talk I hear, the more I want Fawful... similar origin, more game appearances, first party, villain, an interesting personality (I can't compare it to Geno)... darn, I really wish that, in retrospect, people had thrown themselves into wanting Fawful instead of Geno because it could have actually been a possibility. Instead, Fawful is barely mentioned and most are sure he has an extremely low chance.
His series could be "Square" as a callback to back then. Or it could be the symbols, or RPG. Or it could simply be a mushroom. We won't know unless Geno is revealed. :p

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Dude these are absolutely amazing. You mind if I share these on the Twitter account. I'll be sure to credit you
lol go ahead. I don't own the original logo or the djinns pics or the 3D venus djinn art either so i don't think i should take much credit other than just making these mock ups but even then it's just something i did for fun, not even serious work lol but if you want to credit me i'm ok with it as well.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's also the possibility that the songs being posted to the blog are based on the music sections in "My Music" and not franchises.

In which case Mario has two music sections so that series may be the only exception if the music theory ends up being true.
I could see if this theory ended up being true and Geno got revealed with a Mario symbol and then a Mario song was posted on the blog..... everyone would then think the music theory was dead even though it supported this possibility from the start.

I can see it happening. Refer back here if Geno gets revealed. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I could see if this theory ended up being true and Geno got revealed with a Mario symbol and then a Mario song was posted on the blog..... everyone would then think the music theory was dead even though it supported this possibility from the start.

I can see it happening. Refer back here if Geno gets revealed. :p
Eh, the second Mario is almost guaranteed to be Mario Kart (Mario and Mario Kart are two separate categories in the Wii U version of stage builder). That wouldn't apply to Geno at all. I think Geno could count as a new IP, though, simply because he's not owned by Nintendo putting him in a weird position. (Personally I just don't think Geno is in, though.)

EDIT: Also, everybody always forgets about ARMS. I know the "canonical opinion" is that an ARMS character is too recent because the design doc was reportedly finalized in 2015, but ARMS came out well over a year ago now, and who honestly believes Sakurai wouldn't have been aware of the game being in development back in 2015? I know Inklings weren't in Sm4sh, and I admit ARMS is still more likely as DLC, but it's a non-zero chance and people shouldn't be surprised if we see Spring Man or whoever in the base game.
I have one word for you:

Splatoon.

Splatoon proves this idea completely. They could've easily opted to include Splatoon via DLC and did not. This time around, ARMS will have been out well before DLC happened, so I think ARMS will happen as DLC this time. But NOT the base roster. Sakurai isn't a fortune teller. Even if he knew about ARMS (which isn't very likely), he won't be able to know how successful it is in advance. ARMS simply won't be included base roster for this very reason, and in all honesty, if it was going to happen I think it would've been announced by now.

I think we're going to get an "Other" music track show up for ARMS on the website eventually and that's the end of it.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Basically all of this. People have been taking Incineroar and Geno both for granted almost this entire time, and yet they aren't any more guaranteed than any other character. The community's folly is innately just assuming these characters are in, and Vergeben is right.
Geno has a lot more evidence than a "leak". Square is involved, Sakurai wanted to put him in Brawl, knows he is popular, Ultimate has an emphasis on popular characters, and gave him a mii costume in 4 (like K.Rool, Chrom, Isabelle) and not only that but his mii costume got is own Splash screen.

No character is a guarantee, but some are way more likely than others. I'd be shocked if Geno wasn't playable.

Incineroar, I will agree with. He is only "guaranteed" because of a leak and nothing else. At least Isaac has his sheer popularity (he is up there with K.Rool, Ridley, and Banjo/Kazooie) on the ballot and we have that Rathalos image which is clearly a reference to Golden Sun.

If they were to choose a Pokemon rep from Gen 7. I could only see them going with Decidueye as he is the most popular starter and is quite frankly much better designed than Incineroar.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
You know what would cause massive pandemonium? Incineroar is revealed... as a pokeball pokemon.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
If they were to choose a Pokemon rep from Gen 7. I could only see them going with Decidueye as he is the most popular starter and is quite frankly much better designed than Incineroar.
I'm still holding out hope that it is Decidueye. Would bring far more to the table than Incineroar imo.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Personally, I never truly believed that the music theory was anything truly concrete. I mean, I still believe characters like Bandanna Dee has a chance of being playable.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Just my 2 cents, but music theory is nothing more than Smash fans making up “rules” again. Sure, every unique newcomer so far has had coinciding music posted to the site. That’s a sample size of what, 5? Also, who said that a series couldn’t get two tracks on the page, or that a newcomer needs to get a track?

I don’t buy that Sakurai and co. couldn’t just decide to break this “pattern” if they wanted to. The same goes for blog theory, in my eyes. If fighters have been revealed on the blog at a consistent pace, it doesn’t mean that pace will continue all the way to release. There’s nothing that obligates the smash team to keep it up.

I don’t mean to kill speculation at all and I encourage people to talk more about it, but it feels a bit silly to me. I feel Verge is just way more trustworthy.

Last edited:

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Despite it potentially being "made up", with how many series are left to pull tracks from, they have a relatively consistent output of tracks on the blog yeah? Couldn't we possibly expand on the 6-7 (blog post) newcomer theory to "find out" how many of those newcomers are "unrepped" at this time? I mean, considering the pool of series we have at the moment for the tracks. Or did they release multiple for the same series? I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Despite it potentially being "made up", with how many series are left to pull tracks from, they have a relatively consistent output of tracks on the blog yeah? Couldn't we possibly expand on the 6-7 (blog post) newcomer theory to "find out" how many of those newcomers are "unrepped" at this time? I mean, considering the pool of series we have at the moment for the tracks. Or did they release multiple for the same series? I'm not 100% sure.
There hasn't been a repeat series or composer to date (unless you count the Main Theme in regards to composer).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Here's the series that have yet to get a music track:

Star Fox
Mother
Wario
Kid Icarus
Sonic *
Wii Fit
Mii
Punch-Out
Pac-Man
Xenoblade

Game & Watch, Ice Climber, R.O.B., Final Fantasy, and Bayonetta do not have any brand new remixes to warrant a music upload. Sonic may not have one either which is why it has an asterisk.

It should be noted that the Galaga Medley and Noisy Notebook, the only songs without a series label, could count for Pac-Man and Miis/Wii Fit respectively. There are 10 weeks of songs remaining, so if the music theory holds up to the end, then we could have anywhere from 0-3 new franchises (if Geno is in, then take one away since he'll get a song whether he's labeled as Mario or not).

0 if all of the above series get songs, 1-3 if the Sonic, Galaga, and/or Notebook exceptions are true.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Completely expected and not surprising. My opinions haven't changed. Still predicting about 2-3 full newcomers (leaning on 2 now) and 2-3 Echoes (leaning on 3). We've still got 2 and a half months to go until launch.

Here's the series that have yet to get a music track:

Star Fox
Mother
Wario
Kid Icarus
Sonic *
Wii Fit
Mii
Punch-Out
Pac-Man
Xenoblade

Game & Watch, Ice Climber, R.O.B., Final Fantasy, and Bayonetta do not have any brand new remixes to warrant a music upload. Sonic may not have one either which is why it has an asterisk.

It should be noted that the Galaga Medley and Noisy Notebook, the only songs without a series label, could count for Pac-Man and Miis/Wii Fit respectively. There are 10 weeks of songs remaining, so if the music theory holds up to the end, then we could have anywhere from 0-3 new franchises (if Geno is in, then take one away since he'll get a song whether he's labeled as Mario or not).

0 if all of the above series get songs, 1-3 if the Sonic, Galaga, and/or Notebook exceptions are true.
I think Sonic will get one. There's 6 new tracks for Sonic in the game and Shadow is still a pretty likely Echo.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
While on the subject of how close the game is from going gold (meaning complete and ready to ship) Sakurai wrote “It’ll be complete in just a little longer… or so we expect!”
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/2...nouncements-to-slow-down/#IAC9oRmsXmZLEPCx.99
That's an interesting turn of phrase. "close to going gold." I'm not familiar with using it that way in either English or Japanese as a particularly common way of saying "almost finished."

...going gold like Golden Sun?

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Let's say Inceniroar gets in, what music would they play? The battle theme has already been featr
That's an interesting turn of phrase. "close to going gold." I'm not familiar with using it that way in either English or Japanese as a particularly common way of saying "almost finished."

...going gold like Golden Sun?
Nah, I that's just reaching. What we have to ask ourselves is if they're going to go all out on one last direct or if it's because there's a really low amount of characters left.

Last edited:
Top Bottom