• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cherish knowing how many people had to eat crow the moment “KING K. ROOL COMES ABOARD!” came on screen.
I was never as diehard a fan of Ridley or K Rool as I am Isaac, but I still never understood why people said they’d never be in Smash. I got some serious schadenfreude when they finally showed up!

TappyBat

Smash Ace
i was thinking, what if they they renewed the TM cause of the speculation and stuff? "oh yknow who's still missing from smash everyone? Isaac." "the ****s an Isaac?" "Go play golden sun you ninnies." "um, ok sure i'll just-" hit by trademark hammer "no touchie! -ninty"

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Thank you for your findings and translations by the way.

Alright so I have something that might interest you all.

Remember the old 2017 trademark?

https://www.trademarkia.com/golden-sun-77749719.html
[ Cartridges and memory cards featuring entertainment and informational content, entertainment instruction and informational instruction, all pertaining to games; ] computer game cartridges; computer game memory cards; computer game programs; computer game software; electronic game cartridges; electronic game memory cards; electronic game programs; electronic game software; interactive game cartridges; interactive game memory cards; interactiv...

^This old trademark does not contain anything about Smart Phone cases nor does it mention the word console at all or even roms.

Just read this part and see how often the word 'console' is mentioned:

[Standard Writing]
(511) [Classification of goods, services, and designated goods or services]
Class 9 electronic game program, Downloadable electronic game program, video game program, downloadable video game program, ROM cartridge that stores software for home video games, program for home video game console, downloadable home video game console program, a storage medium containing a program for a home video game console, program for electronic portable game console, downloadable program for portable electronic video game console, a storage medium containing a program for a portable video game console, program for a commercial TV game console, downloadable program for a commercial TV video game console, a storage medium containing a program for a commercial TV game console, Smartphone case, Computer game software, downloadable computer game software, computer program (recorded), Smartphone program, downloadable smartphone program, storage medium containing smartphone software, Recorded sound or video on a compact disc, , An image or file that can be saved from the internet, music obtained from the internet, electronic publications,.

The red flag is that Nintendo felt it necessary enough to state the type of console and what is connected.

Read everything about the words that I bolded containing the word console and all of the phrasings can relate to the Switch.
This means that Nintendo does not want whatever their doing with Golden Sun to be imitated by any other console that could remotely be similar to the Switch.
Yes to all three, it also can include rereleasing the Golden Sun games on Nintendo's eshop.
This is a very interesting find… I hope it holds some weight and we get some good stuff at last…

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the trademark I think we can all safely assume a few possibilities could potentially happen if not all of them:

1. There are current plans to bring Golden Sun to the Switch or 3ds (hopefully Switch) as either a collection or remake.

2. There is a brand new Golden Sun game coming to the Switch.

3. Assuming there is a new Golden Sun game for the Switch, there will be dlc for it.

4. There is a substantial amount of Golden Sun content in Smash.

5. Smash will get dlc and one of them contains a substantial amount of Golden Sun content.

6. Golden Sun could be put on mobile devices.

7. Nintendo is planning a GameBoy mini that features classic games from the GameBoy, Color and Advanced systems with Golden Sun being one of the games.

So basically the trademark covers all basics so right now we just play the waiting game once again and hope for the best.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I noticed that at the same time as 500 pages we also hit a milestone of 20,000 posts

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
So if they renew the trademark twice in a short period of time it means they have something planned for GS.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So if they renew the trademark twice in a short period of time it means they have something planned for GS.
Which bodes well for Isaac! People have already pointed out that Luigi’s poltergeist in Simon’s trailer was the same one used for Luigi’s Mansion 3 plus Isabelle being used to announce Animal Crossing for the Switch...a new Golden Sun could pretty much confirm Isaac being playable in Smash!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
With the unusual frequency of these renewals and those additional specifics of "mobile/Internet/downloadable/fifty bajillion console classifications"? I never think anything of these, but I think there's enough there to say that something is coming in the near future.

And that's more than we could say for the past 8 years.

So it turns out we've been marketing Isaac all wrong.

https://twitter.com/TheAtlasOne/status/1044295762753007616/photo/1

Quick, someone turn him into a waifu
I am done if I see Isaac in a frilly pink dress lmao. He's gonna have to make a crossdressing club with :ultluigi:and:ultcloud:, and make its slogan, "The fanservice you're still not sure you want".

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Why do you think the new Xenoblade girls are a lock for dlc if they arent in base game?

Also :ultbayonetta:

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Why do you think the new Xenoblade girls are a lock for dlc if they arent in base game?

Also :ultbayonetta:
Because Sakurai has openly talked about how much he loves Xenoblade and the only other game I remember him saying he loves is Fire Emblem and we all see how many playable characters they have.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Because Sakurai has openly talked about how much he loves Xenoblade and the only other game I remember him saying he loves is Fire Emblem and we all see how many playable characters they have.
No it's boobs.

But yeah the games are good too.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was never as diehard a fan of Ridley or K Rool as I am Isaac, but I still never understood why people said they’d never be in Smash. I got some serious schadenfreude when they finally showed up!
Dissenters enjoy thinking they’re right and taking everyone down to their level.

I mean I don’t think Shantae will be in Smash but I’m not gonna go insult Shantae supporters and call them delusional. Some just enjoying raining on a parade.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Maybe we should send the trademark to gamexplain.
Would be nice to get everyone talking about Isaac again. Last time the trademark wasn't even translated and hit trending.

Might not want to do it right now and compete vs Bowsette though lol

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Venus Lighthouse could get cut in 2 as a stage hazard, but what would Mercury Lighthouse do?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432857928

This person who claims to be the Ken leaker posted a leak. Unfortunately we can't confirm their identity so take it with grain of salt still.
That’d be a great roster, but I don’t think Tamagon will be in. Then again, Castlevania shows they’re not completely against, religious imagery, so who knows.

DLC kills it though. I don’t think Elma will make the base, but she definitely won’t be DLC. Ayumi being DLC is weird as well, why not have her in base instead of Tamagon. Having the number of DLC characters completely thought out also seems like thinking way too far ahead and putting the cart before the horse, plus the number itself is way too small, DLC for this game will likely be a cash cow.

D

Deleted member

That’d be a great roster, but I don’t think Tamagon will be in. Then again, Castlevania shows they’re not completely against, religious imagery, so who knows.

DLC kills it though. I don’t think Elma will make the base, but she definitely won’t be DLC. Ayumi being DLC is weird as well, why not have her in base instead of Tamagon. Having the number of DLC characters completely thought out also seems like thinking way too far ahead and putting the cart before the horse, plus the number itself is way too small, DLC for this game will likely be a cash cow.
Especially given how this is probably going to be used at the Smash experience for a long time since companies are now using DLC to extend the life span of games.

Yeah, I don't buy this at all, but at least it's something we can talk about for a while that isn't 50 Cent memes.

And, yes, I saw Sora... Urge to kill... rising...

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Venus Lighthouse could get cut in 2 as a stage hazard, but what would Mercury Lighthouse do?
I still go by the Midgar esc. summon stage hazard. However if each light house variant had separate hazards (pitfalls- Jupiter, Stage split - Venus, Lava - Mars, Freeze over- Mercury)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I've never played Golden Sun and know barely anything about Isaac. That being said, I think he deserves immensely to be in this game. Finally, a unique swordfighter!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
My big issue with that leak is it implies we're going to have 7 unique newcomers revealed between now and December 7th, plus a handful of echoes to boot. That might not be a problem if this were a typical Smash where there's a number of secret characters, but for now I'm taking Sakurai at his word that we're going to see all the fighters in advance for Ultimate, and that's a crazy reveal schedule to have left. At least it's nice to see another leak with Isaac?

(I'd say Tamagon is weird too, but we live in an age where Duck Hunt Dog is a character, so I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt.)

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Especially given how this is probably going to be used at the Smash experience for a long time since companies are now using DLC to extend the life span of games.

Yeah, I don't buy this at all, but at least it's something we can talk about for a while that isn't 50 Cent memes.

And, yes, I saw Sora... Urge to kill... rising...
Why don't you like Sora?

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

As much as I would love for this to be real I of course doubt it.

Also, dlc leaks don’t hurt because the game should be done right now and be in the debug/polish phase, so it’s very possible that dlc planning has begun and those names listed are just early talked about possibilities.

Again I don’t believe this leak but dlc talk is most likely going on right now so that shouldn’t hurt any potential “leaks.”

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I think Sora is just insanely unlikely. Disney is notoriously tight fisted when it comes to their IP.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
As much as I would love for this to be real I of course doubt it.

Also, dlc leaks don’t hurt because the game should be done right now and be in the debug/polish phase, so it’s very possible that dlc planning has begun and those names listed are just early talked about possibilities.

Again I don’t believe this leak but dlc talk is most likely going on right now so that shouldn’t hurt any potential “leaks.”
Perhaps they've already completed some discussions. If K. Rool's trademark was renewed in 2015, then this double renewal for Golden Sun (especially with the talk of music and downloadable content) could mean that Isaac was recently decided on as one of the first DLC characters.

I think Sora is just insanely unlikely. Disney is notoriously tight fisted when it comes to their IP.
This is a common misconception. Disney may own the rights to Sora's character but they do not use the character without Nomura's approval. It's out of respect for a man, not because they're as stubborn as a mule. Disney of Japan and Shinji Hashimoto have also expressed approval to fans about the idea of Sora in Smash.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
With the unusual frequency of these renewals and those additional specifics of "mobile/Internet/downloadable/fifty bajillion console classifications"? I never think anything of these, but I think there's enough there to say that something is coming in the near future.

And that's more than we could say for the past 8 years.

I am done if I see Isaac in a frilly pink dress lmao. He's gonna have to make a crossdressing club with :ultluigi:and:ultcloud:, and make its slogan, "The fanservice you're still not sure you want".
I LOVE dress Cloud!

(Dont buster sword me cloud pls, not my fault you pull it off so well)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sora has been my #5 most wanted but has moved to #3 now that Simon and K. Rool have been announced. Yet, if I had to choose only one new Square rep between Sora and Geno, I'd choose Geno all the way, despite not having ever played Mario RPG or have any connection to Geno whatsoever. Geno fans have been waiting way too long for him (as well as Sakurai) and I feel like it's time they finally get their hero they deserve!

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
This is a common misconception. Disney may own the rights to Sora's character but they do not use the character without Nomura's approval. It's out of respect for a man, not because they're as stubborn as a mule. Disney of Japan and Shinji Hashimoto have also expressed approval to fans about the idea of Sora in Smash.
I'm not talking about Sora in particular. Do you remember what happened when Disney got control of Marvel? MvC3 basically shut down. No more selling it online, no more buying costumes, no more support, nothing. They basically locked the game up for years.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You know, I might not never play Issac(er..I most likely will since I end up always playing half/all the characters) or but if he's revealed and when I see him on the character select screen I'll go "yup, thats my boy right there"

Idk just a random thought.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I'm not talking about Sora in particular. Do you remember what happened when Disney got control of Marvel? MvC3 basically shut down. No more selling it online, no more buying costumes, no more support, nothing. They basically locked the game up for years.
That was a completely different circumstance! Since I’m into comics I’ll explain. A few years back Disney assumed they would never be able to get the rights back to the Fantastic Four and the X-men since Fox owned the movie rights (that’s a whole other discussion). Talks between them and Fox went bad as they tried to get a deal done around the same time they were making a deal with Sony to get the movie rights for Spider-Man back. Long story short, Sony played ball but Fox didn’t so Disney in all their infinite wisdom tried to shutdown all things Fantastic Four and X-men in their comics, toys and tv shows in hopes of the fans eventually not caring about those characters.

They canceled their popular cartoon Avengers: Earth’s Mightest Heroes because it featured Wolverine, the FF, Doctor Doom and other characters they couldn’t use in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). They then started to slowly take the X-men and FF out of the comics. They had two events, one called Secret Wars which ended the Fantastic Four’s comic run and then they forced a silly fight between the Inhumans and X-men which resulted in a few of the popular X-men dying as well as creating a mist that stopped mutants from being able to reproduce. Yes they went that far!

Anyways this all lead to the biggest debacle being Marvel vs Capcom Infinite where they took out a ton of fan favorite characters (which were of course the X-men and Docter Doom) so the community pretty much agreed to not support it. That game was ruined because they wanted to use it as publicly and promotional materials for their movies.

Sora is completely different from that since he has no ties to Disney movies. So I’m pretty sure he has a good chance to be in Smash!

Top Bottom