• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Confirmation

Smash Ace
My personal picks for a moveset would be as follows:

Tried staying true to the character, while representing all sides of the battle system.
I remember seeing a fun leak that went into detail on Isaac's moveset and was quite fun.

Tilts and Aerials were a mix of psynergy and sword, side special as move, up special retreat but here's where it gets funky. Special was Djinn swap, moving between Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury and giving him different effects on his moves based on the one used. So a lot of tilts, Aerials would be changed. Down special was to unleash the Djinn for a hard-hitting attack, but would lock you out of Djinn for about 20 seconds as a trade-off / recovery period.

Final Smashes also changed based on equipped Djinn, probably more visual than physical change but it was a cool concept nonetheless.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Vergeben might've gotten his "Castlevania Collection" leak just about Half-right.

It supposedly only includes SOTN and ROB.
That's basically just the Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP. Would they just be porting that to Switch?

Anyways, went ahead and voted for Isaac again in the new poll.

ferioku

Smash Ace
We're a small but dedicated following.
We're no longer a small following lol. I say that with Confidence!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep it going guys >=D

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's basically just the Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP. Would they just be porting that to Switch?

Anyways, went ahead and voted for Isaac again in the new poll.
I've never played Dracula X Chronicles. So I can't tell you if it's probably the case.

Whatever the case, keep voting. As much as you can guys.

(Just don't buy any votes. For the love of the wise one.)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I finally beat GS2. Both GS1 and GS2 I enjoyed pretty much, I might even play the 1st one again soon. I beat 2 by literally using isaac's team in the end lol, felix's team didn't grew on me as much as characters go… I think felix story was interesting, but i prefer Isaac as the main guy overall. Now I'm gonna play DD… should I expect same goodness?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Vergeben might've gotten his "Castlevania Collection" leak just about Half-right.

It supposedly only includes SOTN and ROB.
Is there a reason why Vergeben is credited when his sources get information right, but the sources get blamed for bad information instead of Vergeben himself?

ZelDan

Smash Master
I finally beat GS2. Both GS1 and GS2 I enjoyed pretty much, I might even play the 1st one again soon. I beat 2 by literally using isaac's team in the end lol, felix's team didn't grew on me as much as characters go… I think felix story was interesting, but i prefer Isaac as the main guy overall. Now I'm gonna play DD… should I expect same goodness?
If you enjoy the first two games basic gameplay and systems then Dark Dawn isn't bad by any means. I just found it disappointing in the story/character department and the BS point of no returns.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think that Isaac was considered to be in the base roster when it was finalized in late 2015? And more importantly do you think his moveset will focus more on hand attacks and earth based combat as opposed to his sword?
I voiced this opinion earlier in the thread, but I think Isaac has been being worked on since post ballot. He was removed from smash 4, because that game was a temp game to appease fans while they were working on the Ultimate edition. The fact he was removed as an assist trophy can only point to a few things.

1: The worst case scenario, which I wont mention, nor do I believe.

2: He was being worked on this whole time and the smash team were still developing a more complicated move set for him.

3: They ran out of time and they just decided to not put his trophy in.

The main thing is, I feel he's been taking longer to design than anticipated, because of two possible reasons. One is his render is old and needing to be updated similar to Roy's and if they are trying to be authentic he is being developed with all this abilities in mind. That means Djinn, summons, psynergy, hand utility spells, and swords. The Djinn especially could be a complicated addition. Not to mention if they add psynergy points into the mix as a UI display.

They could do multiple options with Djinn

1: Make them an assist trophy
2: Have them activate randomly within his move set at a certain percentage and amplify one of his abilities. Maybe 5 to 15 % of the time
3: Use a system similarly to Shulk and have you select them to alter moves elements a bit, or amplify certain things. Such as mobility, damage output, or weight.
4: They could use them for his special attacks and after a certain amount of uses you can use them for an unleash of a weaker summon such as Venus 1 as a neutral special and allow you a to hit wider area. (This one doesn't sound as appealing to me, but wtv.)
5: And more!

And two, If they decided to make psynergy the focus of his move set, then that would mean a heck tone more animation time. If they focus on sword attacks, I would be worried that they had designed him more recently and did not take as much time as I originally thought. (Which would be a little disheartening, but he's in the game. Which I won't complain.)

Ultimately I think he's very likely to be in the base roster and I think that Sakarai and his team are having to work from the ground up to design him and have been doing so for the last 4 years. Which is why I think he was omitted from smash 4. He is the hardest character to design out of the roster period, if (Key word- If!) they try to make him as similar to his games as possible.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
As someone who doesn't own DD, and haven't played it in many years.

Lower your expectations tenfold.
Is there a reason why Vergeben is credited when his sources get information right, but the sources get blamed for bad information instead of Vergeben himself?
Should've phrased it as "Verge's informants."

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If you enjoy the first two games basic gameplay and systems then Dark Dawn isn't bad by any means. I just found it disappointing in the story/character department and the BS point of no returns.
Yeah after two great games I can see this one not being as pleasing as those two in terms of story and characters, it's always a risk of sequels… welp i will just try it and see, gotta play them all after all.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure the marshmallow can even maul anything. He has no mouth, or claws after all.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Billybae10K Billybae10K , great video on the leak Oct Direct! During that video, it got me thinking, is it possible that Felix would instead be a DLC character with a Lost Age stage like Mars Lighthouse or Shaman's Trial? I could really see that happening IF he's not in the Base game of course.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
4DD11CFD-D923-4945-9E63-81044B3878CF.jpeg

So far so good! Kinda surprised the gap keeps growing. I thought it would be a nail bitter. Still a lot of time left though plus people can switch their vote.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nah, this month is feeling the longest.
I agree. October and November are definitely gonna have Smash information. September right now just feels long because we haven't got rid of TGS yet and we don't know if something will be announced there (like the date for the direct on october or something).

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Billybae10K Billybae10K , great video on the leak Oct Direct! During that video, it got me thinking, is it possible that Felix would instead be a DLC character with a Lost Age stage like Mars Lighthouse or Shaman's Trial? I could really see that happening IF he's not in the Base game of course.
What I could see happening is possibly an echo fighter bundle where you have 2 or 3 characters that, by themselves, would probably not sell well (ie Felix, Dr Luigi, Dark Meta Knight, Louie, etc.), but collectively make an appealing offer. They could also do a character + echo pack for DLC (similar to how Ryu, Cloud, and Bayo each came with a stage, trophies, and music). Nintendo has many ways they can go about doing this.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
What I could see happening is possibly an echo fighter bundle where you have 2 or 3 characters that, by themselves, would probably not sell well (ie Felix, Dr Luigi, Dark Meta Knight, Louie, etc.), but collectively make an appealing offer. They could also do a character + echo pack for DLC (similar to how Ryu, Cloud, and Bayo each came with a stage, trophies, and music). Nintendo has many ways they can go about doing this.
i honestly think we should take the Splatoon 2 route, where there were constant free updates and dlc in addition to a big paid Expansion.

Why not make Echoes free updates (according to sakurai they don't take that much developingtime) and sell uniques as paid dlc, paired with a stage coming with the fighter?

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
So I talked earlier about the possibility of Isaac being shown at the beginning of a Smash direct, but after some thinking he might be thrown at the end, just like Ridley and K.Rool since they were big ballot/fanfavorite boys.
Oh gosh I've had enough of making dumb speculations the wait is killing me :sadsheep:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I wish they would just post a direct calendar, or something like that with estimated direct dates. I'd feel so much more chill if they did that. The wait is really driving me insane.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
i honestly think we should take the Splatoon 2 route, where there were constant free updates and dlc in addition to a big paid Expansion.

Why not make Echoes free updates (according to sakurai they don't take that much developingtime) and sell uniques as paid dlc, paired with a stage coming with the fighter?
That's a thought, but to clarify something I said I meant something like "Here's Sora, and if you buy him you also get Roxas as an echo and a KH stage and music". That's the kind of route I was thinking because I'm not sure if this game is able to handle the 100+ characters the Splatoon 2 route would take it.

I wish they would just post a direct calendar, or something like that with estimated direct dates. I'd feel so much more chill if they did that. The wait is really driving me insane.
Just like everyone else man, just like everyone else.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Imagine if Sakurai really goes all out and puts in 100 characters (plus DLC) in this game. It will truly be ultimate.

Btw, I need to bring this up. People will think that Sakurai's quote, "...so I'm kind of hoping you're not expecting too many new fighters..." literally means the fighter count is very limited. But everyone seems to forget what he said at the beginning of the video for the roster fighter list and I quote, "So we made a video showcasing SOME of the fighters returning..." Yeah, "some" is a lie. But of course, it was to put our expectations low only to oversell us. I still feel that way with his other quote. But who knows really?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I voiced this opinion earlier in the thread, but I think Isaac has been being worked on since post ballot. He was removed from smash 4, because that game was a temp game to appease fans while they were working on the Ultimate edition. The fact he was removed as an assist trophy can only point to a few things.

1: The worst case scenario, which I wont mention, nor do I believe.

2: He was being worked on this whole time and the smash team were still developing a more complicated move set for him.

3: They ran out of time and they just decided to not put his trophy in.

The main thing is, I feel he's been taking longer to design than anticipated, because of two possible reasons. One is his render is old and needing to be updated similar to Roy's and if they are trying to be authentic he is being developed with all this abilities in mind. That means Djinn, summons, psynergy, hand utility spells, and swords. The Djinn especially could be a complicated addition. Not to mention if they add psynergy points into the mix as a UI display.

They could do multiple options with Djinn

1: Make them an assist trophy
2: Have them activate randomly within his move set at a certain percentage and amplify one of his abilities. Maybe 5 to 15 % of the time
3: Use a system similarly to Shulk and have you select them to alter moves elements a bit, or amplify certain things. Such as mobility, damage output, or weight.
4: They could use them for his special attacks and after a certain amount of uses you can use them for an unleash of a weaker summon such as Venus 1 as a neutral special and allow you a to hit wider area. (This one doesn't sound as appealing to me, but wtv.)
5: And more!

And two, If they decided to make psynergy the focus of his move set, then that would mean a heck tone more animation time. If they focus on sword attacks, I would be worried that they had designed him more recently and did not take as much time as I originally thought. (Which would be a little disheartening, but he's in the game. Which I won't complain.)

Ultimately I think he's very likely to be in the base roster and I think that Sakarai and his team are having to work from the ground up to design him and have been doing so for the last 4 years. Which is why I think he was omitted from smash 4. He is the hardest character to design out of the roster period, if (Key word- If!) they try to make him as similar to his games as possible.
I know some people think saying the complicated moveset is an excuse, but there is some merit. Before Smash 4, Sakurai mentioned in an interview that gimmick characters like MegaMan and Villager normally wouldn't have been in a Smash game. He also mentions that Palutena was the hardest to design with all her custom moves and that her super speed and Shulk's Monado arts broke the balance of the game so he had to adjust those problems.

If Isaac does come with some form of gimmick in his moveset, at least in ultimate he wouldn't be one of many like in 4. Ridley and K. Rool are designed without gimmicks and with Isaac being possibly the sole one with a complicated moveset bodes well with lesser newcomers this time around.

Though still think he was cut for 3ds limitations since a if a fully playable character like Ice Climbers can be cut, no reason to think an assist who's causing problems would be any different.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're no longer a small following lol. I say that with Confidence!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep it going guys >=D
Don't get too comfortable, it could still change.

I don't know how we'll fare against Banjo & Kazooie, but I'd at least like to see Isaac make it past two rounds.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

I agree, we shouldn't pay for characters that are almost the same as ones we already have.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Are... are you kidding me?

If you had the text of Golden Sun read out to you, you would have no idea what character was saying what because the entire first party was just a giant conglomerate of non-characters.

Dark Dawn, at the very least, made each character unique. The first four are kind of copies of their parents, but they at least have one or two unique traits that set them apart from each other. Tyrell is impulsive and lacks forethought. Karis is analytical, though quick to anger. Rief is scholarly and submissive, not usually joining confrontation.

The second half actually has fantastic characterization for the franchise. Even Himi had an excellent backstory and setup, they just never did anything with her.

Top Bottom