• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
wew lad this thread is absolutely massive. I'd be shocked if Isaac wasn't in the game after Nintendo bought back his pretty much dead IP and the parallels in Sakurai's Rathalos tweet
We're a small but dedicated following.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that Isaac was considered to be in the base roster when it was finalized in late 2015? And more importantly do you think his moveset will focus more on hand attacks and earth based combat as opposed to his sword?

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think that Isaac was considered to be in the base roster when it was finalized in late 2015? And more importantly do you think his moveset will focus more on hand attacks and earth based combat as opposed to his sword?
Absolutely, to both.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So do we have to redo the vote ? Where exactly ? Does someone has a link to the new poll?
So are we just gonna wait until noon for a new poll or...?
What I think will happen is that there's not gonna do a repoll, and just go with these **inaccurate** numbers.

I'm pissed as all hell they'll continue on and let this whole poll be a ****ing waste of time, but at this point, my ******** won't do anything.
Can you please read my comments? It seems you completely ignored them.
For those who missed it: The poll has been updated to use a different, more secure system, and the poll is going to be redone, as the results cannot be trusted, since if one person can bot it, others could have as well.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I would be more shocked than disappointed if he was not in the base roster. If there were any I'd call the most likely back in 2015 it was Inklings, Isabelle, Ridley, King K Rool and Isaac. So far four out of five have made it

I think he would have a varied mix

Q-Long

Smash Lord
idk, smash 4 just felt more cooperate, perhaps because of the wii u's poor sales. i dont even think he was considered that time around.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
A button attacks would likely be base weapons, but B buttons would absolutely be Psynergy.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
wew lad this thread is absolutely massive. I'd be shocked if Isaac wasn't in the game after Nintendo bought back his pretty much dead IP and the parallels in Sakurai's Rathalos tweet
I think you mean: "Look at the size of this thread, absolute unit."
-
And I'm glad Lloyd isn't doing as bad as last time; while Isaac vs BWD isn't being as close as I thought, but we must keep votes for us coming.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
On a side note, Anybody wondering if Banjo and Kazooie will make it in as well? I recently started to support their thread and Banjo is in my top 3 most requested characters (#1 Geno, #2 Isaac, and #3 Banjo Kazooie.)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I voted. It's different from a lot of polls I've seen. You have to click the character's pic twice to vote for said character and it will ask if you're a robot (of course). Just so everyone has the heads up. So far, Isaac is in the lead.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
On a side note, Anybody wondering if Banjo and Kazooie will make it in as well? I recently started to support their thread and Banjo is in my top 3 most requested characters (#1 Geno, #2 Isaac, and #3 Banjo Kazooie.)
God I hope so, they're my favorite alongside Isaac.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He probably has a chance at both Base or DLC.
Just voted and it appears we're leading right now
I think there will be a huge influx of votes for BDD because of the guy who bought votes yesterday. (He voted for a Banjo, Lloyd, and isaac.)

And Reddit being...Reddit. I'll guess that there will be some distain for Isaac.

I hope to be wrong, but I'm feeling like we won't be in the lead for long.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
How I see it is if B&K aren't in the base roster, they have a high chance for DLC (it's easier for Nintendo to give Microsoft part of the DLC money rather than from the whole game, this applies for any other MC content). But if they are in, I'd look forward for Master Chief DLC.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Let's go Isaac clap clap clapclapclap

Speaking of which, what do you guys want to hear for his crowd cheer?

I think Isaac rocks is fitting.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I know I posted earlier that I'd be unplugging from smash speculation for a while but then I remembered the reddit poll at noon lol. Voted for Isaac. It showed him at 52% and Dee at 48%. Let's hope this new poll works. I'd appreciate it if someone @'d me tomorrow when the poll ends with the results.
GOLDEN SUN BAAAAYBEEEE

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Uh guys, not sure how Pinpoll works but I'm seeing the number bounce around a little? Isaac was 357 now 354.

I don't want to alarm anyone with shenanigans, but?

Last edited:

SmashUltimateTourny

Smash Rookie
Uh guys, not sure how Pinpoll works but I'm seeing the number bounce around a little? Isaac was 357 now 354.

I don't want to alarm anyone with shenanigans, but?
It's probably either a delay on how the votes come in or people switching votes. You are able to switch after voting. Also you can deselect your vote and just leave so it's possible that any of these could explain that. I can't remove votes on Pinpoll and nobody really has that ability so it's probably just a visual bug.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's probably either a delay on how the votes come in or people switching votes. You are able to switch after voting. Also you can deselect your vote and just leave so it's possible that any of these could explain that. I can't remove votes on Pinpoll and nobody really has that ability so it's probably just a visual bug.
I really hope it's a visual bug.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I’m almost positive Isaac was at least considered to be in the base roster, if the ballot is anything to go by.

Personally I’d like to see him primarily use Psynergy for his Specials. His Psynergy hand could be grabs. Standard attack could be sword swings. Smash attacks could be weapon unleashes, Djinni or more Psynergy.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Let's go Isaac clap clap clapclapclap

Speaking of which, what do you guys want to hear for his crowd cheer?

I think Isaac rocks is fitting.
It has to be the battle victory theme. It can't be anything else. It's not too long because I doubled checked Mario's should be equally as long.
Edit: am I mistaking this for something else? lol

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I’m almost positive Isaac was at least considered to be in the base roster, if the ballot is anything to go by.

Personally I’d like to see him primarily use Psynergy for his Specials. His Psynergy hand could be grabs. Standard attack could be sword swings. Smash attacks could be weapon unleashes, Djinni or more Psynergy.
This, let the Aerials be psynergy as well. Only his tilts and dash should be sword strikes

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Isaac too.

As for the base roster thing: I am still very confident, that Isaac will be revealed in the next smash related direct since it's a "new" series to the smash bros universe, so Sakurai would need some minutes to explain his mechanics, his stages, maybe even Assist Trophies and music like he did with Simon and Richter (still hoping for Felix as an Echo!) . Since the last hints and after Isabelles reveal everything seems so dry for everyone, but just you wait when he is finally there! We can finally be at ease then :D

EDIT: And also I personally think only like 1 or 2 moves will be sword related, everything else will indeed be psynergy and I am hoping for Ragnarok FSmash <3

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
It has to be the battle victory theme. It can't be anything else. It's not too long because I doubled checked Mario's should be equally as long.
Edit: am I mistaking this for something else? lol
Yeah, I mean like when the crowd starts cheering for one of the characters ie Roy's our Boy or we like Ike

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still think Golden Sun being trademarked a year earlier than necessary is pretty notable. Whereas the other three games had to be trademarked this year.

If Nintendo are in the habit of waiting until the final year to trademark IPs then them trademarking Golden Sun a year earlier than necessary really stands out.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I still think Golden Sun being trademarked a year earlier than necessary is pretty notable. Whereas the other three games had to be trademarked this year.

If Nintendo are in the habit of waiting until the final year to trademark IPs then them trademarking Golden Sun a year earlier than necessary really stands out.
Also I saw that some of the trademarks from last year led to some games for the switch.

Perhaps a game for Switch....? A remake....?

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
My personal picks for a moveset would be as follows:

Tried staying true to the character, while representing all sides of the battle system.

Top Bottom