• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't the "Normal" change when you're selecting omega and FD stage forms?

I assumed that's what it meant.
Now I need to go re watch the direct. You may be right, it's possible it changes like that, however there definitely seems to be some things that look incomplete on the stage select screen. On the WII U version they had a total of 4 tabs plus they had a button for omega forms and music.

And in Brawl they had two tabs, but one of the tabs counted for multiple menus melee stages and custom were place under the same tab.

The Ultimate menu seems still quite incomplete if we base it on past versions.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Pyra and Mythra are far from bland.
This is not the topic for such discussions, but I'll ask one question. You don't need to answer me, answer yourself.

Define their character without them being the Aegis. So much of their character focuses on what they are, not who they are.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Waiting till November is so painful. I saw this post and it got me thinking.
Screenshot_20180918-105532_YouTube.jpg

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Thoughts? Whoops mobile lagged my bad everyone

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This is not the topic for such discussions, but I'll ask one question. You don't need to answer me, answer yourself.

Define their character without them being the Aegis. So much of their character focuses on what they are, not who they are.
Pyra is the chill, loveble blade that is usually seen as the shy one for me, but still thinks of others.

And Mythra is the one that is very aggressive, but also pretty much the definition of tsundere. But I still think she has moments of being calm that contrast with her regular personality.

That's kinda of a stupid question.

(And an opinion that we'll probably never agree on. But then again, you're the one that brought up the topic despite this being an Isaac thread.)

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh, what could have been.

That said, Bomber's design is simple enough to do compared to the others, plus this requires enough artistic skill to do.
I could definitely attempt to draw Isaac but … like i said before, i would prefer just for him to become real. Also I don't want to confuse people and make them take me for a troll if i attempted to draw it lol

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I could definitely attempt to draw Isaac but … like i said before, i would prefer just for him to become real. Also I don't want to confuse people and make them take me for a troll if i attempted to draw it lol
For the second point you could put your signature on the corner.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't the "Normal" change when you're selecting omega and FD stage forms?

I assumed that's what it meant.
Okay i went back to watch video footage and yes the normal tab at the top transforms to omega and battlefield versions on the Ultimate stage select. But what that means is that they consolidated that one menu of the game with multiple different effects. Which means more good news. There is a potential that we may see even more content on the final stage select screen if a single tab can be multiple things, who's to say how many things it could change into let alone if they add more tabs.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
For the second point you could put your signature on the corner.
That's true… as long as I make it clear it's a fanart… Hell maybe I would encourage more people to support Isaac If I do!? Now I'm just wondering where in the roster artwork should I place my drawing of Isaac (when I make it) and what would he be doing at such spot… any ideas guys?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

I'll take up the challenge.

Pyra- Pyra is a kindhearted soul who is curious about the world around her. Eager to meet new people and solve their problems, Pyra travels Alrest with a singular goal in mind, but with enough compassion to deviate from it if it could help out those in need. Pyra is undyingly devoted to Rex, a boy with whom she has formed a close bond to and considers him a dear friend. Unknowledgable about the ways of the world, she is seeks to connect with Rex by asking her allies for advice on how to do so, be it getting Tora and Poppi to teach her how to flirt or asking Corrine about his past so that she can respect his dead parents. She's also a little bashful about her glowing and is a talented chef.

(Disclaimer- Some stuff about helping others is generic protagonist stuff, but we can't take that away from her, just like we can't take it away from Rex just because it's generic. She is honestly good-hearted and has a way of approaching people and problems in a way that is distinctly different from Nia, Mythra, and Morag, though not so different from characters in other stories.)

Mythra- Mythra is a jaded, sarcsatic, woman who uses her bravado-filled persona to mask her insecurities. In the DLC, Torna: The Golden Country, Mythra is (without delving into spoilers) new to the world, though overconfident in her abilities and must learn the art of restraint. She is skeptical of humanity's ability to survive and support itself, but grows to love people as she travels with some humanitarian companions. Flash forward to the main game and Mythra is recovering from the trauma of the first war against Malos. Her old lessons remain in her, but the trauma brought about by certain events in her past causes her to resist growing close to others so as not to be hurt again. Once more, she uses snark and bravado to fake strength, but it's the caring nature of her new companions (especially Rex) that causes her to once again rekindle her love of humanity, though she never does drop her high level of sarcasm. Mythra also has a habit of sleepwalking, is protective of Rex and Pyra, has a soft spot for children (but low patience with them), and is an awful chef.

(Disclaimer- I directly avoided talking about Mythra's struggle with her own power, which shouldn't be discounted as it is a key part of her character, but instead I focused on her interpersonal relationships and experience with trauma, which, yes, was brought about by her status as an Aegis, but has nothing to do with the power itself.)

Overall, I think that Pyra is a well-balanced, mild character. She's not bland, just not overtly unique. I think many people IRL are more like Pyra and wouldn't be considered bland, just kinda typical. Mythra, however, is pretty complex (though the framework of it was established in the DLC) and I'd be hard-pressed to call her bland. Sure, you can label her "tsundere," but she doesn't act like one because she's generic- it's inspired by her experiences and status. There's tons more I could say about them both, but they delve into DLC spoilers and I don't want to get into that. As a main game spoiler, both of them
want to die to spare their friends any more suffering, which is pretty dark and hints at some latent pessimism that complicates their characters once you realize that they are doing their best to help out the world before they willingly remove themselves from it to make it a better place. Sure, that's Aegis-related stuff, but that bleeds into their other interactions and could parallel someone who thinks that the world would be better off without them even if they aren't some powerful weapon.

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Oh damn where the hell has this been in my life!? This is a really good cover :)
Still waiting on that metal mars lighthouse remix with real drums though :chrono:
Dunno if it has "real" drums (I'm a real layman when it comes to music, that's for sure ahah), but here you go : Mars lighthouse by the same composer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
That's true… as long as I make it clear it's a fanart… Hell maybe I would encourage more people to support Isaac If I do!? Now I'm just wondering where in the roster artwork should I place my drawing of Isaac (when I make it) and what would he be doing at such spot… any ideas guys?
There's quite enough space below Dark Samus.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I call the Direct on october 28.
The ultimate tease.
The final hint.
The confirmation to all the conspiracies.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm calling a Direct on October 15th! There's no good reason for it, other than it being my birthday, but a guy can dream!

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm seriously hoping we get a surprise at TGS, like a smash direct announcement planned for october

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be fair, I think DLC characters are just as much a part of the game as the regular fighters. Looking back, I can't imagine Sm4sh without Ryu or Cloud.

It's waaaayyyyy too early to give up on Isaac in the base game, but I think it's still fun to speculate on who we might get as DLC. My money is it's going to be mostly 3rd parties and echo fighters with a smattering of Nintendo originals such as Pokemon.
That was what I was saying earlier in the thread. Popular 3rd party characters would be easier to sell via DLC as well as make up for their liscensing costs. And if they add popular 1st party characters, a Pokemon for example, they would sell alot better as they are more mainstream and well known by both casual and hardcore fans.

Top Bottom