• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Man, this thread is probably a sizable portion of the traffic on this site given that we're at 450 pages now.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
If we don't get Isaac, the Chorus kids or Vaati that'll just confirms that I'll never get a character I really want in a smash bros game. I would be extremely sad but well there is worst than that in life I guess.
Still I like to think that more than 2 months till release is long enough for our wish to be granted. I'll need more than a box to loose hope.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be fine with waiting, especially if he's as OP as Sm4sh's DLC tended to be. Plus if he's being worked on alone, it would mean more care and attention to detail
I imagine that, if Isaac has the type of moveset I came up for him (i.e. able to use Venus Psynergy to temporarily alter the stage in minor ways), he'd probably be pretty OP.

Especially if you could gimp recoveries by just erasing the grabbable part of the ledge with Gaia or something. :laugh:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I'm like 100% biased but I can see the next smash direct revealing the chorus kids at first and then end up with Isaac for the super hype closure of the direct.

+ A pokemon rep revealed along some pokemon Let's go announcement.
+ Geno revealed close to release for hype.

(and a bunch of echoes here and there)
Honestly, if Geno and Isaac are in the base game...they will be the final two revealed. The big 4 that didn’t get into Brawl were Ridley, King K Rool, Isaac and Geno. Assuming Sakurai and his team did their research which I have to believe they did then they should definitely know this and would use them as the last hype train before the release. He already gave us half at the early stages of hype and he is now hyping the casuals with Isabelle and possibly Incineroar so one last push for the hardcore fans being Isaac and Geno plus remaining Echoes.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
If that's what happens, it happens. This has been the most fun I've had in a hype cycle hanging with you guys. If we fall at this point, well at least I can say I touched the sky with a great group of friends and allies.
I’ve never been more proud of the GS community and the adepts that have joined the cause. Even the salty ones ;) love ya guys (and gals). Regardless of what happens, I’m glad we at least got to have a few laughs.

Re: Sakurai not toying with fandoms

Extrapolating that the Rathalos tweet might have been Sakurai testing the waters, maybe that tweet was around about the time when he started thinking about DLC characters, and was testing to see how many people caught the GS Reference to get an idea if making Isaac as the first DLC was worth it.

Maybe Isaac will be this game's Mewtwo.
That’s why I don’t see Isaac as DLC as a bad thing. It’s his next best shot if he doesn’t make it in the base roster. While, of course, I’d rather have him in the base roster, I’ll most definitely take him as DLC.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
WOO 18k POSTS Holy moley what a Goal(y)! Just how far can we get before the game comes out and we (hopefully) have our newcomer thread?!

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
If we don't get Isaac, the Chorus kids or Vaati that'll just confirms that I'll never get a character I really want in a smash bros game. I would be extremely sad but well there is worst than that in life I guess.
Still I like to think that more than 2 months till release is long enough for our wish to be granted. I'll need more than a box to loose hope.
There’s always dlc

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Re: Sakurai not toying with fandoms

Extrapolating that the Rathalos tweet might have been Sakurai testing the waters, maybe that tweet was around about the time when he started thinking about DLC characters, and was testing to see how many people caught the GS Reference to get an idea if making Isaac as the first DLC was worth it.

Maybe Isaac will be this game's Mewtwo.
I doubt it, he already as the polls results, if he wasn't 100% certain to put Isaac in, he wouldn't be toying whit us. K K Roll is the Ballot Winner, Ridley the N.1 in NA, Isaac is N.1 in Europe and Latin America, Bandana Waddle Dee is Japan pick?

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone proved that the image was edited, it's imposible to recreate something similar in Smash 4.

If Sakurai as time to edit it, he could have made a more obvious reference to MH, Isaac is in guys, it's a mather of when.
Yeah let me see if I can't find it... let's see...
Ah yes. Page 268.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Honestly, if Geno and Isaac are in the base game...they will be the final two revealed. The big 4 that didn’t get into Brawl were Ridley, King K Rool, Isaac and Geno. Assuming Sakurai and his team did their research which I have to believe they did then they should definitely know this and would use them as the last hype train before the release. He already gave us half at the early stages of hype and he is now hyping the casuals with Isabelle and possibly Incineroar so one last push for the hardcore fans being Isaac and Geno plus remaining Echoes.
I believe we need a big reveal quite soon (like in early october) to keep the momentum going, it's been too long since K.Rool.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's literally the largest newcomer speculation thread.
Well, Ridley and K. Rool's threads were probably bigger. *checks* Oh no wait, this thread is bigger than the Smash Ultimate Ridley and K. Rool threads... combined... holy moly...

Also, we're only 30 pages away from surpassing the Smash 4 Isaac thread in size.

And... well, I have a feeling we'll accomplish that within the week.

That's some good, clean Support right there, I tell ya what.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I consider myself absurdly lucky to have gotten several characters I genuinely care about each time around in smash. Since i've been active in the smash community, Brawl gave me Ike, Sonic, and Wolf. Smash 4 gave me Shulk, Bayonetta, Megaman, and Little Mac, and Mewtwo. And ultimate has given me Wolf again and K rool. Often times when I find myself wanting more fighters, I honestly almost feel ungrateful. Like the spoiled child who keeps asking for more and more, and who's family keeps supplying and never saying no firmly. If and when Isaac were introduced. I'd be at the point where I think i'd no longer care who was introduced, just being finally completely satisfied. At that point i'd just take a step back and say "Mission accomplished"

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I will admit I'm happy to see pichu back after all this time. Was one of my absolute faves to play as in the melee days. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congratulations to reaching 450+ Pages, Adepts! One more milestone before we know our Golden Boy's fate for Ultimate.

Where does Shovel Knight fit into the blog entries?
I think Shovel Knight's ID is 145, based on what the code for his images says. If I remember correctly, Bowser was like, 142 or something during the delay? Maybe Shovel Knight was one of the blog posts that got scrambled up as well?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wow, past the 450 page mark already. I'd complain about being unable to keep up, but honestly, having that much discussion and hype around Isaac is much preferable to the alternative. Let's hope Nintendo is aware of just how active the fanbase is when considering their DLC options...assuming Isaac isn't already in the game, of course. ;)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I consider myself absurdly lucky to have gotten several characters I genuinely care about each time around in smash. Since i've been active in the smash community, Brawl gave me Ike, Sonic, and Wolf. Smash 4 gave me Shulk, Bayonetta, Megaman, and Little Mac, and Mewtwo. And ultimate has given me Wolf again and K rool. Often times when I find myself wanting more fighters, I honestly almost feel ungrateful. Like the spoiled child who keeps asking for more and more, and who's family keeps supplying and never saying no firmly. If and when Isaac were introduced. I'd be at the point where I think i'd no longer care who was introduced, just being finally completely satisfied. At that point i'd just take a step back and say "Mission accomplished"
You'll be our official luck charm, keep supporting Issac with all you got buddy ! :drohmy:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't want to think about DLC until after release. Or at least until we know the full roster.
Well, with the ESRB and Pegi ratings out there already, I wouldn't be surprised if the directors were turning their attention to DLC. It doesn't mean they took it out of base to sell as DLC as is so often done in gaming nowadays, but the coders are the ones hard at work with bug fixes. The designers and directors could well be sitting at the table spitballing DLC

KMDP

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't want to think about DLC until after release. Or at least until we know the full roster.
Technically, we learned about Mewtwo before everyone was officially revealed (we learned about him after the 3DS game came out, but before we had seen every Newcomer trailer).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So do you guys think we'll reach the 500 page mark before the Isaac reveal?

Place your bets everyone! I'm already 100% confident that Isaac is in, so it's just a matter of whether we'll get 500 pages or not before the grand moment,

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I just mean that I'm hoping for him being in base until we know for sure. If he's not in base, then I'll be hoping for him as dlc.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Place your bets everyone! I'm already 100% confident that Isaac is in, so it's just a matter of whether we'll get 500 pages or not before the grand moment,
With how fast we got here from 350, I'd say it's possible. I'll put my money on reaching 500 2 weeks before his reveal.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
If we get Isaac in smash I want someone to take this pic and make it golden sun isaac:
God_Main_Screen.png

Kinda like this depressing pic:
sskefud343m11.png

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Lmao some weirdo edited the Wikipedia page for Camelot Software Planning to say Isaac is an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
wiki edit.JPG

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think Isaac will be shown before Geno since he has had a following since the Melee days. To figure out when Isaac would be revealed we have to wonder how big of a fan reaction he would conjure up. Someone like Banjo or Geno would be better suited for a last reveal due to fan reaction.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

We'll hit 500 pages before this time next week.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Knowing you guys there probably will be 500 pages when I wake up tomorrow.
That said I'm going to sleep, have a good speculation night everyone ! :happysheep:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Hello! poppin from the Geno thread to spread some love and support your guy's way!
You guys really are an awesome fanbase. just so friendly and high spirited! and for that reason alone I want you guys to get your golden boy into smash!

also finally got around to reading the moveset potential part of your page (probably should have done that awhile ago xD ) and I gotta say I appreciate the amount of times it says "But he can also do that!" and Earth focused mage is such a cool idea for smash. he really needs to get in this time.

he is hoping we both can get in together and share some glorious battles!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's make it happen and call it Astral Blast
Funny.

*looks at other Psynergy series for puns*

Isaac and Shulk coalition: Backstab (also what happens when Isaac gets in and Waluigi doesn't)
Isaac and Simon/Richter coalition: Whiplash
Isaac and Sonic coalition: Sonic Slash (unfortunately, Isaac and Felix are the only characters in GS and LA who can't use the Slash Psynergy series)
Isaac and Sephiroth coalition: Planet Diver
Isaac and Dark Pit coalition: Cutting Edge
Isaac and Zero Suit Samus colation: Mad Growth

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Funny.

*looks at other Psynergy series for puns*

Isaac and Shulk coalition: Backstab (also what happens when Isaac gets in and Waluigi doesn't)
Isaac and Simon/Richter coalition: Whiplash
Isaac and Sonic coalition: Sonic Slash (unfortunately, Isaac and Felix are the only characters in GS and LA who can't use the Slash Psynergy series)
Isaac and Sephiroth coalition: Planet Diver
Isaac and Dark Pit coalition: Cutting Edge
Isaac and Zero Suit Samus colation: Mad Growth
Dude Cutting Edge would be the greatest coalition of all time, it has Isaac & Shadow written all over it

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Hello! poppin from the Geno thread to spread some love and support your guy's way!
You guys really are an awesome fanbase. just so friendly and high spirited! and for that reason alone I want you guys to get your golden boy into smash!

also finally got around to reading the moveset potential part of your page (probably should have done that awhile ago xD ) and I gotta say I appreciate the amount of times it says "But he can also do that!" and Earth focused mage is such a cool idea for smash. he really needs to get in this time.

he is hoping we both can get in together and share some glorious battles!
Appreciate the support my dude! Trust me if I had more time I would go over to the geno thread much more often lol. If isaac is announced first I'll scoot over to that thread until geno's announced as well

Top Bottom