• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
You mean chibi or old school FFVI like ? I don't know about that. GS still looks very good on GBA, if remade I'd rather they go for something grandiose. If it's to keep an old school style a HD remaster would be enough.
I think that means great 2d sprites, with 3d environments, its a pretty good way to save time for battle and overworld sprites.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You mean chibi or old school FFVI like ? I don't know about that. GS still looks very good on GBA, if remade I'd rather they go for something grandiose. If it's to keep an old school style a HD remaster would be enough.
Golden sun's art style was always hard to pinpoint. But Camelot had their own art style in the late 90's to early 2000's.

(Examples from Shining wisdom, and Shining Force 3.)
IMG_3061.JPG IMG_3062.JPG

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think we are getting first?
A) A single announcement / trailer similar to Robin/Lucina.
B) Smash direct
C) Nintendo direct with an Smash announcement like Isabelle
I believe we are getting a Smash Direct either at the end of September (I personally believe it will be on the 26th) or early October which will mainly focus on Smash’s online features as well as give us two unique newcomers and maybe more echoes plus the remaining assist trophies.

Pokémon will most likely have a direct at the end of October for Let’s Go and that could be the time to reveal Incineroar or Sakurai could simply give it the Robin/Lucina treatment since they wouldn’t need to focus a segment on Incineroar and being a gen 7 Pokemon means he most likely won’t be used to promote a future game like Isabelle did.

After that I believe we get one last Smash direct at the end of November similar to the 50 fact extravaganza where we get an overview of everything plus the blurred out mode. We would most likely get the final newcomer and maybe an announcement for dlc like they did Mewtwo last time.

That’s at least what I’m expecting.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I think their best option for art style is octopath traveler and bravely series. Either one would fit Golden sun really well
I personally think based on some of the camera angles, graphics, and design of Mario Tennis Aces. Camelot (If they happen to be developing a new Golden sun) has all the templates built upon that game. The world map in Tennis Aces is extremely similar to Golden Sun. So I wouldn't be surprised if they utilized Aces as a blueprint for a new game. I wouldn't be displeased with the graphics if they went for that style whatsoever.

However I would prefer them to go the extra mile and make something spectacular visually like Breath of the Wild, or Xeno Blade. But first and foremost we need a ****new game announcement Nintendo.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think their best option for art style is octopath traveler and bravely series. Either one would fit Golden sun really well
I am thinking more along the lines of this:

Minus the Graphical User Interface.

But think about it what a sequel could be. Brownie Brown (Now known as 1-UP studios) were part of the original team that made the Secret of Mana series. Source on Brownie Brown (1-UP studios): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-UP_Studio

We also have the team that made the Xeno and Chrono Trigger series Monolith Soft. Not just that but the head director behind the games himself, Tetsuya Takahashi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Takahashi
Source Monolith Soft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Then add Nintendo's huge money pool they can draw from and their willingness to bring more games to the Nintendo Switch platform.

The Golden Sun series can be revived from the ashes with a JRPG dream team gamers can only fantasize about. Think about what is possible.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I am thinking more along the lines of this:

Minus the Graphical User Interface.

But think about it what a sequel could be. Brownie Brown (Now known as 1-UP studios) were part of the original team that made the Secret of Mana series. Source on Brownie Brown (1-UP studios): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-UP_Studio

We also have the team that made the Xeno and Chrono Trigger series Monolith Soft. Not just that but the head director behind the games himself, Tetsuya Takahashi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Takahashi
Source Monolith Soft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Then add Nintendo's huge money pool they can draw from and their willingness to bring more games to the Nintendo Switch platform.

The Golden Sun series can be revived from the ashes with a JRPG dream team gamers only can fantasize about. Think about what is possible.
I feel that reminds me too much of the Tales series. I would personally feel like they should do something more artistically different to set it apart, but if a game was made that looked like this i would still buy it. I am a fan of Tales overall so I'm still down with the design if that's what they would come up with.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I feel that reminds me too much of the Tales series. I would personally feel like they should do something more artistically different to set it apart, but if a game was made that looked like this i would still buy it. I am a fan of Tales overall so I'm still down with the design if that's what they would come up with.
It's a tales edit that was used as an example

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Well I’m split between 2 possibilities.

1. Similar to the originals and Dark Dawn, retain the small character models, overhead view, yada yada.

2. A more modern JRPG. Fully detailed models with proper proportions. Like modern Final Fantasy or Tales. Behind the back camera with camera panning for a more fully detailed world.

On one hand you can retain the classic GS formula, along with its limitations. On the other you can bring a whole new perspective to Golden Sun, but sacrifice what we’ve come to know and love in terms of how the game’s presented.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think it'd be possible to do some sort of compromise.
A classic world map view, and a 3/4 overhead view with proper proportion in dungeons maybe Or the ability to switch to a more zenital view to have a better perspective, kinda like the "tactical" view from Divinity OS 2.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
It's a tales edit that was used as an example
Ah! Thought it seemed a bit similar.

Although continuing from what was said before, my only concern with getting teams from both Monolith and 1up, (Even though I love their games.) is would they be authentic to the original designs of Golden Sun. The question is, would they take too many liberties and make something completely different than what we remember, or would they stay true to what was before and try to adapt it to a modern format? Also I would have a hard time playing the game if the original developers weren't involved in some way. I'd see it as more of a fan fiction rather than an official game. I apologize ahead of time if my opinions may upset anyone. It's just that I think that no one understands the game better than the original designers, which is the case with most stories. Graphically the game may look good and the story may be great, but we would loose the direction of what was intended for the series as a whole. If it's a copy and paste remake then I may not have a problem at all. But what would the potential sequels be like if it was successful? Takahashi bros and Camelot have to be involved in some capacity to truly be Golden Sun.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ah! Thought it seemed a bit similar.

Although continuing from what was said before, my only concern with getting teams from both Monolith and 1up, (Even though I love their games.) is would they be authentic to the original designs of Golden Sun. The question is, would they take too many liberties and make something completely different than what we remember, or would they stay true to what was before and try to adapt it to a modern format? Also I would have a hard time playing the game if the original developers weren't involved in some way. I'd see it as more of a fan fiction rather than an official game. I apologize ahead of time if my opinions may upset anyone. It's just that I think that no one understands the game better than the original designers, which is the case with most stories. Graphically the game may look good and the story may be great, but we would loose the direction of what was intended for the series as a whole. If it's a copy and paste remake then I may not have a problem at all. But what would the potential sequels be like if it was successful? Takahashi bros and Camelot have to be involved in some capacity to truly be Golden Sun.
I probably should have added that Camelot would be helping (and mainly be referenced to stay faithful to the franchise) in development alongside the other companies for extra labor (Monolith Soft and 1-Up being the extra labor). Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the original team that made Golden Sun leave Camelot by the time Dark Dawn released?

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I probably should have added that Camelot would be helping (and mainly be referenced to stay faithful to the franchise) in development alongside the other companies for extra labor (Monolith Soft and 1-Up being the extra labor). Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the original team that made Golden Sun leave Camelot by the time Dark Dawn released?
Yes. You are indeed correct. Some speculate the reason they moved was because of Camelot's descion to create that cancelled PC golf game. The team got sick of working on it, and left. (That's the rumors.)
Unfortunately, it never panned out. And that's why there was a drought in Camelot content for a while.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I probably should have added that Camelot would be helping in development alongside the other companies for extra labor. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the original team that made Golden Sun leave Camelot by the time Dark Dawn released?
Most of them yes, however the key figure heads are still there. And I'd imagine they hold the keys to the real story as well as all the concept art designs and storyboards from the original titles. Takahashi bros and company have the rest of the story sadly living within their brains. I mean Monolith and 1up could have access to a lot of that material, but ultimately anything new they come up with won't be potentially quite right without Camelots involvement.

I like fan fics though. I mean we here on this thread have awesome ideas for future content. So if another company made it I'd still play it. Tomb Raider is a good example of this, since it is owned I think by Square Enix now.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I wish they would do a Zelda/Golden Sun crossover, since the puzzle solving mechanics and other aspects of the games are so similar. I've got an awesome story idea if Nintendo would live a little more dangerously.

How would you all feel about that?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wish they would do a Zelda/Golden Sun crossover, since the puzzle solving mechanics and other aspects of the games are so similar. I've got an awesome story idea if Nintendo would live a little more dangerously.

How would you all feel about that?
Not much. Whenever Mario and Link crossover in other Nintendo franchises that are not at the same level of popularity they tend to overshadow their crossovers. If Zelda crossovered with Golden Sun it would be recognized as some weird Zelda side thing.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Not much. Whenever Mario and Link crossover in other Nintendo franchises that are not at the same level of popularity they tend to overshadow their crossovers. If Zelda crossovered with Golden Sun it would be recognized as some weird Zelda side thing.
Possibly, but talk about recognition. I mean look at where golden sun is right now. I don't think Isaac journeying alongside the hero of time would hurt him that much, if anything he would gain a lot more popularity than he has now.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Talking about crossover, a golden sun revival could mean stuff like Isaac in mario kart with a golden sun circuit.
I need to calm down, too much dreams :drfacepalm:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Zelda GS
And the Sol of Shadow

There's the title Nintendo. Now make it happen.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It happened with Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders. MGS2 was a large and highly anticipated title, so Kojima decided to package the MGS2 demo with a copy of ZotE1. I think just packaging in a demo of a super popular game definitely helped ZotE1's sales, enough for it to get a sequel.

I like ZotE, but it was pretty hard not to see it as "Kojima's side game" because of this. It did not help that ZotE1 was kind of subpar. That being said Boktai, which he also worked on, looks neat and fun!

I think if you were to execute it correctly, you could do something similar to popularize Golden Sun. Like feature Isaac in a Warriors type game or something. The demo thing could work too cause Golden Sun is good.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Possibly, but talk about recognition. I mean look at where golden sun is right now. I don't think Isaac journeying alongside the hero of time would hurt him that much, if anything he would gain a lot more popularity than he has now.
It also depends on the type of crossover. Does Breath of the Wild just get items from Golden Sun? Is the game a tactical RPG or a whole new series tied together? Depending on when the crossover is released would determine how modern day gamers see Golden Sun:
  • The game is released after a Golden Sun remaster is announced which would get people interested in finding out about the latest Golden Sun game.
  • The game is released before a Golden Sun remaster is announced and Golden Sun is just remembered as that one thing that crossovered with Zelda.
The objective of Crossovers is to show that all franchises presented are on equal footing and recognition. If the story is handled with a more Zelda focus then it will overshadow Golden Sun tremendously.

I think if you were to execute it correctly, you could do something similar to popularize Golden Sun. Like feature Isaac in a Warriors type game or something. The demo thing could work too cause Golden Sun is good.
The game would have to be handled very well to not overshadow Golden Sun itself. The Warriors idea does seem good. Like a Warriors Orochi type deal with the game being a Zelda x Fire Emblem x Golden Sun Crossover

For example: Warriors Orochi dealt with the combination of both the Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games. Look at this video for example on how the characters are shown together:

All characters in the Warriors Orochi trailer are shown to be on equal footing, no one is shown stronger than each other. The game also has branching story paths depending on what faction you chose.

These would be the factions:
  • Zelda's Team lead by Link after Zelda and the sages have been captured, Zelda is mind controlled and attacks the Fire Emblem forces
  • Fire Emblem's Marth and his entourage of militia men after their land has been laid to waste
  • Golden Sun faction lead by Isaac as he witnesses Saturos working alongside the Zelda forces and the Fire Emblem forces are trying to hold a town hostage for their supplies
  • Renegade group lead by those like Ike from every franchise that seek to control the chaos and end the war.
Those are just some ideas.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
It also depends on the type of crossover. Does Breath of the Wild just get items from Golden Sun? Is the game a tactical RPG or a whole new series tied together? Depending on when the crossover is released would determine how modern day gamers see Golden Sun:
  • The game is released after a Golden Sun remaster is announced which would get people interested in finding out about the latest Golden Sun game.
  • The game is released before a Golden Sun remaster is announced and Golden Sun is just remembered as that one thing that crossovered with Zelda.
The objective of Crossovers is to show that all franchises presented are on equal footing and recognition. If the story is handled with a more Zelda focus then it will overshadow Golden Sun tremendously.
I can see the conundrum with that. However I feel like Isaac would only gain popularity in a crossover. Zelda's mechanics would be more prominent. Like I said earlier, Isaac's game already has many things similar to Zelda such as dungeons, hidden treasure, magical artifacts and items, and similar game play mechanics the only thing that truly sets them apart are the battle sequences. Isaacs magic being used as utilities to solve dungeon's puzzles could actually build the hype for that character. I mean other side characters in the Zelda franchise have been known to gain ridiculous popularity. "SKULL KID cough"

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, I'd love to see a fully 3D Golden Sun remake, just to see what they can pull off with the Psynergy and Puzzles.

Keep the turn-based combat, though; Xenoblade covers "Action RPG" sufficiently.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Considering Isabelle was the latest reveal, we can assume that we will be getting new Animal Crossing music sample on Wednesday. I also want to remind everyone that this Super Smash Bros. is rated E10+ (that is not a complaint, I am just fine with the rating because I sometimes play this game in front of family). Considering nearly every Smash reveal trailer is ominous or features death, it is worth reminding the general public that this is a game that is "family friendly" instead of the usual "oh Ridley just impaled Mega man and killed Mario". IMO, Isabelle's reveal was just fine and fit the direct well. If you expected every new character to be some kind of murderer or bad*** you need to remember that this is Super Smash Bros. not Mortal Kombat. (Sorry for the rant)
I don't want to get anyone's hope too high but, I could see one more character reveal at an event/solo reveal before a Smash direct in November. As many have pointed out there is a significant amount of time before release.
I was thinking that as of now we have 5 unique newcomers, and 4 new echoes. Given the amount of time until launch I think it would be safe to assume an additional 4-5 more uniques and 3-4 more echoes is extremely plausible.

Maybe 1 or 2 individual trailers in October, then a big reveal with 2 characters in the November Direct. And possibly a last announcement in late November or December a few days before release.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'd love to see a fully 3D Golden Sun remake, just to see what they can pull off with the Psynergy and Puzzles.

Keep the turn-based combat, though; Xenoblade covers "Action RPG" sufficiently.
I agree with that for the most part, there definitely needs to be a resurgence of classic turn based RPG's.

If there was a cross over It would be kinda fun to see Link's animations in a turn based format. However they would definitely have to make the items he carries be pretty impressive, because he would have a psynergy user on his team that may steal the show once in a while in the animation department.

Last edited:

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I was thinking that as of now we have 5 unique newcomers, and 4 new echoes. Given the amount of time until launch I think it would be safe to assume an additional 4-5 more uniques and 3-4 more echoes is extremely plausible.

Maybe 1 or 2 individual trailers in October, then a big reveal with 2 characters in the November Direct. And possibly a last announcement in late November or December a few days before release.
I actually agree granted the 5 unseen stages. Considering they decided to show 103 stages, yet omit 5, they are likely directly tied to future reveals. I mean, there isn't much else reason to omit said stages save for them being not fully ready, yet they still could've appeared in the list of stages regardless. That also being said, they'd likely have to be either newcomers or echos that warrant stages. Regarding potential returning stages, I'm not too concerned with them. Regardless of the final list of stages, any previous stages that aren't in Ultimate will likely be modded into Ultimate sooner or later.

EDIT: there is also the possibility some are representative stages with no character association as well, but i'd suspect 2 at most.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
More Rathalos tweet shenanigans, but in the tweet replies there's way more people taking it as a reference to Golden Sun than Monster Hunter. You'd think it'd be the opposite given that Monster Hunter has had more entries and consistent releases and has sold about 50 million copies, obvs dwarfing Golden Sun's sales on a series that's only had three games and longer periods between releases.

Monster Hunter having a game as recent as last month you'd think there would be more people seeing it as that, instead the replies are filled up with GS fans and such hoping/wondering if this is a possible hint to Isaac being in the game. More often than not, Monster Hunter is only brought up to discredit it having anything to do with Golden Sun in the first place.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
It'd be awesome if the Zelda team could take a brief break from Zelda and do a Golden Sun remake with Camelot (though I guess Monolith Soft did help with Breath of the Wild's world design). :D

I think, spiritually, Golden Sun's atmosphere/tone is more closer aligned to Zelda than most other RPGs out there. For example, I would not be a happy camper if Golden Sun came back and the script now had swearing/cuss lines added to the dialogue. I like my heroes, or at least the MC/player character, completely clean of any strong or even mild language. A Golden Sun remake needs to keep some of the humor as well. Both these aspects might come down more to localization though.

I think Golden Sun is about exploration, maze navigating, puzzle solving, and a deep battle system with strategic potential. Just as equally, I do think the characters and story/world building/lore is part of the Golden Sun experience as well, even though I'd like the dialogue to be trimmed a good deal for better pacing with the game-play, I wouldn't mind various ways and side quests/optional skits to further learn about the world and characters without slowing the main story down too much. Plus we need skippable scenes so we can get straight to a boss fight if we lose the first go around, amongst other QoL additions.

As for artstyle, I don't care as much, as long as it looks good and true to the Golden Sun official artworks. It could go for Lord of the Rings realism, or Avatar: The Last Airbender toon style. Either way, I'll be happy as long as characters keep their basic established look (Isaac with blond spikey hair and blue eyes, scarf, etc. Jenna, red head, same attire as original games, no drastic clothing/armor changes for anybody. Gotta be recognizable from their currently established/iconic appearances.

And for music, would love a live performed remixes of course. Otherwise, I dunno. I feel like the GBA sound chip gave Sakuraba's tunes a more unique flair than his usual output. And's there's Isaac's battle theme, the first half of which sounds like nothing I recall ever hearing from Sakuraba before, which further helps make Golden Sun a stand-out amongst Sakuraba's various works over the years. If he came back for a remake, I hope he can reattain an emotional score with modern synths/samples and/or live instruments. Great music is also core to the Golden Sun experience.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I really think a tactical rpgcould work really well for golden sun. Something akin of FFTactics (and after all, Shining Force was a tactical), interracting with the envirronment etc. Maybe not as a main game, but a spin-off could work really well.
Maybe it would work for a mmo version, either a tactical style (ala wakfu/dofus) or something closer to FF14. Both could be good.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
It'd be awesome if the Zelda team could take a brief break from Zelda and do a Golden Sun remake with Camelot (though I guess Monolith Soft did help with Breath of the Wild's world design). :D

I think, spiritually, Golden Sun's atmosphere/tone is more closer aligned to Zelda than most other RPGs out there. For example, I would not be a happy camper if Golden Sun came back and the script now had swearing/cuss lines added to the dialogue. I like my heroes, or at least the MC/player character, completely clean of any strong or even mild language. A Golden Sun remake needs to keep some of the humor as well. Both these aspects might come down more to localization though.

I think Golden Sun is about exploration, maze navigating, puzzle solving, and a deep battle system with strategic potential. Just as equally, I do think the characters and story/world building/lore is part of the Golden Sun experience as well, even though I'd like the dialogue to be trimmed a good deal for better pacing with the game-play, I wouldn't mind various ways and side quests/optional skits to further learn about the world and characters without slowing the main story down too much. Plus we need skippable scenes so we can get straight to a boss fight if we lose the first go around, amongst other QoL additions.

As for artstyle, I don't care as much, as long as it looks good and true to the Golden Sun official artworks. It could go for Lord of the Rings realism, or Avatar: The Last Airbender toon style. Either way, I'll be happy as long as characters keep their basic established look (Isaac with blond spikey hair and blue eyes, scarf, etc. Jenna, red head, same attire as original games, no drastic clothing/armor changes for anybody. Gotta be recognizable from their currently established/iconic appearances.

And for music, would love a live performed remixes of course. Otherwise, I dunno. I feel like the GBA sound chip gave Sakuraba's tunes a more unique flair than his usual output. And's there's Isaac's battle theme, the first half of which sounds like nothing I recall ever hearing from Sakuraba before, which further helps make Golden Sun a stand-out amongst Sakuraba's various works over the years. If he came back for a remake, I hope he can reattain an emotional score with modern synths/samples and/or live instruments. Great music is also core to the Golden Sun experience.
The other major standout is it's emphasis on interaction with your environment. Yes, Zelda has this, but Golden Sun has a more multilayered approach to interactions with your environment. It's far more creative in my opinion. Thus, you also use this interaction to thus solve puzzles, explore, and find djinn. Djinn are also a brilliant way to encourage exploration as they directly tie into the battle system, class system, and thus available psynergy as a whole. Artifact weapons, armor, and items are also nice touches as well, always giving the player reason to check every available path. The dialogue also hinting at djinn locations, various places in weyard, and even more also help to give more cohesiveness to weyard as a whole. there's even the more casual and often humorous dialogue when reading minds giving it it's own charm. That's just my rant on game philosophy and Golden Sun's approach though. Yet, I haven't seen any other game come close to that kind of distinction.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

This seems about right to me.
More Rathalos tweet shenanigans, but in the tweet replies there's way more people taking it as a reference to Golden Sun than Monster Hunter. You'd think it'd be the opposite given that Monster Hunter has had more entries and consistent releases and has sold about 50 million copies, obvs dwarfing Golden Sun's sales on a series that's only had three games and longer periods between releases.

Monster Hunter having a game as recent as last month you'd think there would be more people seeing it as that, instead the replies are filled up with GS fans and such hoping/wondering if this is a possible hint to Isaac being in the game. More often than not, Monster Hunter is only brought up to discredit it having anything to do with Golden Sun in the first place.
I actually kind of like the theory that Sakurai was testing the waters for Isaac's current notability with that tweet.

Like: "This is a reference to Golden Sun, let's see how many people get it if I post it on Twitter."

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
My dream Golden Sun sequel/remake would be a collaboration between Camelot and Monlith soft. In my opinion they are absolute best at world design, they also understand the importance of the music in the world. It's all I could ever hope for. If you've never tried Xenoblade chronicles on wii, I urge you to play it because even as an absolute diehard Golden Sun fan, XC became my favourite game of all time :)

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice

It's called Ultimate for a reason. I think more than likely this is true. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are more than this. If the 5 stage slot thing is true, than that alone is 5 unique potentials, if they get stages with them. Not to mention any characters they could reveal without stages. Then we've got the 3-4 echos you've just mentioned. I think with as much echo possibilities we have, we may be underselling that amount just a bit.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I must admit, I’m not a fan of this Zelda X Golden Sun idea lol. Maybe it’s because I’ve never seen a Crossover done right. It’s always just... wrong... Smash is the hugest exception, but for more story focused games when they to try and explain away the crossover it makes me roll my eyes. the only times it’s a bearable concept is if it’s within the same franchise.

Megaman and Megaman X for example. It’s not too far fetched, they’re within the same universe, just different eras.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
We've had 4 echos revealed within 2 directs. If we get another this month, along with October and November with the same pattern that could be 6 Echos. And if I know Sakarai. (Which I don't. But I can speculate based on passed reveals) We may get a last minute blow out before launch.

So fingers crossed.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

It's strange that people refer to it as a Monster Hunter reference. All the references to Monster Hunter are only Ratholos. (Lol)

If someone just said it was a regular looking picture, I'd be more inclined to understand. But no. There's no way this is a Monster Hunter reference.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I must admit, I’m not a fan of this Zelda X Golden Sun idea lol. Maybe it’s because I’ve never seen a Crossover done right. It’s always just... wrong... Smash is the hugest exception, but for more story focused games when they to try and explain away the crossover it makes me roll my eyes. the only times it’s a bearable concept is if it’s within the same franchise.

Megaman and Megaman X for example. It’s not too far fetched, they’re within the same universe, just different eras.
It can work sometimes. I loved Link in Soul Calibur and while the Vs. CAPCOM and X Zone games lack story , they're still fun games.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice

That's the thing with Zelda though its one of those games with the same characters, but different stories taking place in the same "same" location. For some reason fans can't get enough. As for Golden Sun I believe that it would be quite simple to implement a story line where Adepts from a cross dimension called Weyard, are needed in Hyrule to unlock the temple doors that the hero of time needs to open in order to free the elemental spirits to defeat Ganon and his evil cronies. (The evil Adepts from Golden Sun almost look like they could be apart of the Zelda franchise.) In order for the doors to open, Link must seek the aid of his own Adept friend who can find and utilize the magic of the powerful Djinn which are needed to unlock those doors. Inside said temples are the relics of the elemental spirits that only a Triforce wielder can use.

Just some thoughts.
(Also works because Isaac can easily play silent protagonist alongside Link.)

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It's strange that people refer to it as a Monster Hunter reference. All the references to Monster Hunter are only Ratholos. (Lol)

If someone just said it was a regular looking picture, I'd be more inclined to understand. But no. There's no way this is a Monster Hunter reference.
Another thing is that since Isaac has been in Smash as an assist before, we can assume that Sakurai has knowledge of the games as he referred to them to choose what he wanted Isaac to do. So I'm sure Sakurai would catch on to the resemblance (and it's not as if he doesn't have a whole team surrounding him) just as the fans picked it up. So definitely not something he'd post to raise hopes if Isaac isn't in the game.

Top Bottom