• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Appreciate the support my dude! Trust me if I had more time I would go over to the geno thread much more often lol. If isaac is announced first I'll scoot over to that thread until geno's announced as well
If that happens, I'll try to split my time between the Isaac newcomer thread and the Geno support thread.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hello! poppin from the Geno thread to spread some love and support your guy's way!
You guys really are an awesome fanbase. just so friendly and high spirited! and for that reason alone I want you guys to get your golden boy into smash!

also finally got around to reading the moveset potential part of your page (probably should have done that awhile ago xD ) and I gotta say I appreciate the amount of times it says "But he can also do that!" and Earth focused mage is such a cool idea for smash. he really needs to get in this time.

he is hoping we both can get in together and share some glorious battles!
Truly I'm thankful for you guy's support we need to stick together we can make it together because we can show the world what we can do you are next to me and I'm next to you pushing on through until the battles won (I'm sorry)

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
If that happens, I'll try to split my time between the Isaac newcomer thread and the Geno support thread.
I'd probably go to the geno thread mostly and drop by here every now and then. Mainly because I haven't really showed much support for geno, him being my close second most wanted and all

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Yes! The SMRPG music (If it's not owned by Uematsu like the FF music) would be amazing to have in the series!
I don't see how it could be owned by him when Yoko Shimomura was the one who made all the music. and she is already confirmed to be on the music team! so far we know she made the new Vega theme for Street fighter.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I'm OK with Geno, because if he gets in we could get this masterpiece.
Smrpg has incredible music. This, battle against an armed boss, heck if they wanted to they could add the culex battle theme for some extra final fantasy representation

So many great tracks in that game

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how it could be owned by him when Yoko Shimomura was the one who made all the music. and she is already confirmed to be on the music team! so far we know she made the new Vega theme for Street fighter.
Good to know! My first console was the N64/PS1 era (Not counting stealing my dad's computer) So I didn't get to experience SMRPG at its time. I have a retro PI setup and I've been slowly working through it between modern releases.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
IN MY RIGHT HAND I HAVE ISAAC!
IN MY LEFT HAND I HAVE GENO!
TOGETHER THE TWO FORM THE BIGGEST RPG REPRESENTATIVE SMASH WOULD HAVE GOT!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Yoko also does the Mario & Luigi soundtracks and a few Xenoblade 1 tracks too (like Unfinished Battle and the main theme), even my mom likes her music.

Something funny is that if Geno gets in he won't have the Culex battle theme because it's the same as FF4; but it does seem wierd to me that Uematsu is being like this, it could be related to why he was on Brawl (he did the FD theme, for example) but not on 4?

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah if Geno was to be revealed next I'd just be rooting for you guys. I got what I've been wanting and more! it would be your time next. but really who knows what order they are gonna do anything.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Man, this thread is going fast again!...good. lol

Didn't someone proved that the image was edited, it's imposible to recreate something similar in Smash 4.

If Sakurai as time to edit it, he could have made a more obvious reference to MH, Isaac is in guys, it's a mather of when.
Yeah let me see if I can't find it... let's see...
Ah yes. Page 268.
Glad that I was mentioned again about my attempt at replicating The Rathalos Tweet. I'll post it here again for those who haven't seen it yet.

Attachments

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was thinking: what Psynergy can Isaac learn? So... let's go through all the Classes Isaac can use.
  • Mono-Elemental: Squire class series
  • Dual-Elemental (Full): Brute class series, Apprentice class series, Swordsman (Venus) class series
  • Dual-Elemental (Partial): Seer (Jupiter) class series, Seer (Mercury) class series
  • Tri-Elemental (Full): Dragoon class series, Ninja class series, Samurai class series
  • Tri-Elemental (Partial): Medium class series
Venus Psynergy
Offensive Psynergy​
Quake - Earthquake - Quake Sphere​
Spire - Clay Spire - Stone Spire​
Gaia - Mother Gaia - Grand Gaia​
Ragnarok - Odyssey​
Growth - Mad Growth - Wild Growth​
Thorn - Briar - Nettle​
Punji - Punji Trap - Punji Strike​
Annihilation​
Rockfall - Rockslide - Avalanche​
Demon Night - Thorny Grave​
Helm Splitter - Skull Splitter​
Healing Psynergy​
Cure - Cure Well - Potent Cure​
Revive​
Status Psynergy​
Haunt​
Curse​
Condemn​
Support Psynergy​
Retreat​
Mars Psynergy
Offensive Psynergy​
Blast - Nova - Supernova​
Blast - Mad Blast - Fiery Blast​
Planet Diver - Planetary​
Fire Bomb - Cluster Bomb - Carpet Bomb​
Lava Shower - Molten Bath - Magma Storm​
Dragon Cloud - Epicenter​
Buffs and Debuffs​
Impair - Debilitate​
Guardian - Protector​
Support Psynergy​
Move​
Jupiter Psynergy
Offensive Psynergy​
Astral Blast - Thunder Mine​
Bolt - Flash Bolt - Blue Bolt​
Gale - Typhoon - Hurricane​
Thunderclap - Thunderbolt - Thunderhead​
Death Plunge - Death Leap​
Shuriken​
Quick Strike​
Buffs and Debuffs​
Impact - High Impact​
Ward - Resist​
Weaken - Enfeeble​
Demon Spear - Angel Spear​
Magic Shell - Magic Shield​
Healing Psynergy​
Drain​
Psy Drain​
Status Psynergy​
Delude​
Sleep​
Bind​
Mist​
Mercury Psynergy
Offensive Psynergy​
Cutting Edge - Plume Edge​
Froth - Frost Sphere - Froth Spiral​
Buffs and Debuffs​
Break​
Healing Psynergy​
Ply - Ply Well - Pure Ply​
Wish - Wish Well - Pure Wish​
Cure Poison​
Restore​
Support Psynergy​
Avoid​
I ignored all the Psynergy from the Item-Dependent Classes, Djinn and Unleashes. If Isaac were theoretically able to access all his classes at once, he'd be very versatile.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I randomly felt like comparing genres to see what's lacking (based solely on their most well known appearances) I will be considering all FE characters under Strategy since I'm unfamiliar with them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Platformer: Mario, DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, Diddy Kong, Sonic, King DeDeDe, Mega Man, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., K Rool
(Mario x 8)(DK x 3)(Kirby x 3)(Other x 4)
Action-Adventure: Link, Shiek, Zelda, Young Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Bayonetta
(Zelda x 6)
MetroidVania: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Simon
Shooter: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Palutena, Inkling
(Star Fox x 3)(Other x 2)
RPG: Pikachu, Ness, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucas, Lucario, Greninja, Shulk, Cloud
(Pokemon x 9)(Mother x 2)(Other x 2)
Racing: Captain Falcon
Puzzle: Dr. Mario
Strategy: Marth, Roy, Ike, Olimar, Robin, Corrin
(FE x 5)
Arcade: Mr. G&W, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt
Stealth: Snake
Fighting: Little Mac, Ryu
Other: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Isabelle

...and then there's ROB and Mii Fighter. I have a big habit of ignoring echoes in these. :p

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Shovel Knight was just posted on smash website for the blog post today. I may be reaching a bit, but a guy who's a knight who deals with the earth. Hmm... I'll take any easter eggs at this point for confirmation of our boy.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Shovel Knight was just posted as on smash website for the blog post today. I may be reaching a bit, but a guy who's a knight who deals with the earth. Hmm... I'll take any easter eggs at this point for confirmation of our boy.
That is a good way of looking at it, lol. We are still missing some posts though. 134 in US and 135 in Japan I think?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I need to go to bed.

I'm hoping I can be around for the moment where we surpass the previous Isaac thread's Post Count.

For the record, when we reach 19,190 posts, we will have done it. That's 480 pages.

On behalf of the mods, please don't spam the boards to reach that number.

Thank you, and Good Night!

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac gets revealed with a stage and there's a boss similar to Dracula in the Simon Belmont reveal, which boss fight would you want in the game?

I personally would want Saturos and Menardi to jump around the stage like assist trophies and attack with sword and scythe shooting fire from all different directions to keep you on your toes. I would also like if they could occasionally move like Latios and Latias did in Brawl.

And of course afterwards we would want them to turn into the fusion dragon.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I had a whack ass dream the other night that after Isaac and Felix were announced Saturos and Menardi showed up. But they weren’t bosses. They were playable. They’d be a duo like Ice Climbers. They’re FS would be Fusion Dragon. Suddenly I wanted it, very much so.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I had a whack *** dream the other night that after Isaac and Felix were announced Saturos and Menardi showed up. But they weren’t bosses. They were playable. They’d be a duo like Ice Climbers. They’re FS would be Fusion Dragon. Suddenly I wanted it, very much so.
Man wouldn't that be something else. Could you imagine the look on the smash communities faces if we got 2 unique and 2 echos from golden sun. I would die happy.

Last edited:

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I had a whack *** dream the other night that after Isaac and Felix were announced Saturos and Menardi showed up. But they weren’t bosses. They were playable. They’d be a duo like Ice Climbers. They’re FS would be Fusion Dragon. Suddenly I wanted it, very much so.
Sounds interesting, but we wouldn't get 4 (3) Golden Sun Characters to be playable. I want Isaac and Felix if we get stuff from Golden Sun. And Venus Lighthouse.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm heading out for the night. It was a good first day for a forum. Stay strong and let the Golden Sun rise again.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Have we all come to terms with the possibility that Isaac would most likely become DLC in 2019 or beyond? Those leakers seem to be consistent with excluding him from the base game.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Man wouldn't that be something else. Could you imagine the look on the smash communities faces if we got 2 unique and 2 echos from golden sun. I would die happy.
Well Saturos and Menardi wouldn’t have echoes. They’d be like the Ice Climbers. Both playable at the same time. Maybe have a button prompt to switch the lead character since, unlike Nana and Popo, they’d have unique abilities depending on which ones leading.

Sounds interesting, but we wouldn't get 4 (3) Golden Sun Characters to be playable. I want Isaac and Felix if we get stuff from Golden Sun. And Venus Lighthouse.
oh I know it’s not gonna happen, getting Isaac in is an uphill battle in of itself. I don’t even expect Felix, it’s just the next likely approach. So I definitely don’t expect the Deadly Duo...

Doesn’t mean I don’t want it tho.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Have we all come to terms with the possibility that Isaac would most likely become DLC in 2019 or beyond? Those leakers seem to be consistent with excluding him from the base game.
I haven't. One thing we have going for us is that tweet. No other character has had a reference directly from the creator like Isaac has for Ultimate. I will accept DLC if it happens, but I really think he's in the base game.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And now I cannot stop hearing Saturos and Menardi sounding like Popo and Nana.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Not yet! The only reliable leaker right now is Vergeben unless someone else I’ve managed to hear nothing about is out there. Even Vergeben didn’t know about King K Rool and the only echo fighter he knew about is Ken who has yet to be revealed. Also Vergeben did say a while ago that if he is told to not say anything from his source then he/she won’t so everything is up in the air until Sakurai himself says “final newcomer”

I honestly believe Vergeben is holding info back, maybe that info is stuff he/she can’t get multiple sources on or maybe they just don’t know all the info. Just playing the waiting game for now!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Personally, I'm still holding out for him. If these rumours are true, I've already accepted the very likely possibility that the Pokémon character might be Incineroar, but I'm still hopeful there may definitely be at least one or two more after that. Only if we don't see an Isaac Assist Trophy or nothing again after December 7th, then I'll start rallying for Isaac, but no, I'm still hoping for the Golden Boy.

Top Bottom