• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
So, it would appear we all may need some... diversion to placate ourselves until further announcements. To that end, I have decided to put together a list of games to play to help with this in the midst of homework and such.

-Bravely Default
-Octopath Traveler
-Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light
-literally any FF game as well
-Chrono Trigger
or replay Super Mario 64 again, or your favourite game, that works too
Have you ever played Lost Odyssey? I played through 3 of the 4 discs before my 360 died on me.

D

Deleted member

There was black hole sun by sound garden :)
You said it. Here's one of the most bizarre music videos ever made. Ironically, the titulal "Black Hole Sun" would make for something that the Mourning Moon could evolve into.

And, I saw the Watch Mojo list. I'm not particularly a fan of them, and while I understand they're utilizing a "general" popularity aspect and not their own, I still couldn't help but be peeved that Isaac was 9th and that Goku was 3rd (plus Sora is 6th).

I only own Blue Dragon, as Lost Odyssey is more expensive.

The music is still ****ing awesome.
Whenever Microsoft has those massive sales on their store, the digital copy of Lost Odyssey is down to around $7, with $1 DLC. I decided to buy pretty much all the 360 RPGs they had on sale and put them on my 2TB Xbox One external drive.

But, yeah, if a Microsoft bundle happens, I'd be delighted if this is used.

Last edited by a moderator:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You said it. Here's one of the most bizarre music videos ever made. Ironically, the titulal "Black Hole Sun" would make for something that the Mourning Moon could evolve into.

And, I saw the Watch Mojo list. I'm not particularly a fan of them, and while I understand they're utilizing a "general" popularity aspect and not their own, I still couldn't help but be peeved that Isaac was 9th and that Goku was 3rd (plus Sora is 6th).
Given that it was taken public opinion, I'm not surprised.

This is the list that has waluigi at #1. Of course I would expect unlikely characters like that, because this is the general public, after all.

Also, Ian Gillian is just amazing. (I doubt either of those games will get a sequel. For now, I'll give you guys some great music from Ueumatsu himself.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And, anybody who remembers the days of Smash 4 know that I really, really, really did NOT like BluePikmin11, but I finally caved and tried that Froggie game Sable Prince came from, especially after learning they used the engine to make the classic "Link's Awakening". All I knew before that was one of the tertiary characters was in Wario Land 4.

It was a pretty good engine they made. The game... not so much. It's sorta the same problem that you see with games over the years, as far back as Hydlide vs. Legend of Zelda all the way to PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds vs. Fortnite: One did it first, but the other did it WAY better. Ironic they used the same engine to make a much better game, though it was a neat touch they kept elements of the original in "Link's Awakening" as a tribute.

Last edited by a moderator:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
And, anybody who remembers the days of Smash 4 know that I really, really, really did NOT like BluePikmin11, but I finally caved and tried that Froggie game Sable Prince came from, especially after learning they used the engine to make the classic "Link's Awakening". All I knew before that was one of the tertiary characters was in Wario Land 4.

It was a pretty good engine they made. The game... not so much. It's sorta the same problem that you see with games over the years, as far back as Hydlide vs. Legend of Zelda all the way to PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds vs. Fortnite: One did it first, but the other did it WAY better. Ironic they used the same engine to make a much better game, though it was a neat touch they kept elements of the original in "Link's Awakening" as a tribute.
Usually games that are made to demonstrate technical aspects or engines will probably be not as good as a game that will further developed on the same engine years later with tons of experience.

(The only exception is F-Zero, as control wise, I feel like it has aged MUCH better than Super Mario Kart. And Wario Land 4 and the Metroid GBA games are probably equally as good. But those might be the only exceptions.)

D

Deleted member

Just realized we have more than the combined total of the next two "unconfirmed" fighters (Shantae and Geno) put together.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yeah watchmojo lists are usually not even made by fans of whatever subject they're tackling, they're usually kinda soulless and just parrot other lists they find.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yet another piece of irony for our Golden Boy: not only is Hurricane Florence headed straight for the Carolinas (I'm Charlotte myself, so please stay safe and strong my NC friends), but Hurricane Isaac is developing in the Atlantic. We just can't catch a break, can we?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So guys, I think at this point they are reworking the direct through. Too much information has been revealed and some had previous dates like the megaman demo. Now with the announcement of the Let's go Switch (which I guess should have been shown in the Direct) and the possible leak of an Smash version well... Nintendo is racing against the clock for those changes imo
High expectations you have.
It really was not delayed for that long. Three games were leaked, and the demo is still going to be there.
The only instance I can see the direct being reworked, aside from mentioning the delay and the disaster, is in case some material actually was insensitive.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It’s unfortunate that you didn’t like it, For the Frog is one of my favorite games on the Game Boy, but as they say, different strokes...

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yet another piece of irony for our Golden Boy: not only is Hurricane Florence headed straight for the Carolinas (I'm Charlotte myself, so please stay safe and strong my NC friends), but Hurricane Isaac is developing in the Atlantic. We just can't catch a break, can we?
Ivan, and Felix also have hurricaine names.

But what makes it weird is I google hurricane jenna out of curiosity and was treated to a wiki based on hypothetical hurricanes... like wot

Shin F.

Smash Master

Ah, For the Frog the Bell Tolls. I also tried that game after meeting BluePikmin, actually enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Which surprised me, as I didn't expect much. I really enjoyed the game's personality, though

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Interesting indeed.

I'll align this with my 2 Smash trailers prediction and say Incineroar is revealed by himself at the beginning of the Direct and Isaac + Felix as the "one last thing" at the end. :awesome:
That doesn't fit, each trailer and character blog post counts as it's own.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Interesting, but I'm hesitant to predict off that without more information, preferably from the post-Smash Direct reveals.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I hated the reveal of Xenoblade 2. I hated the gameplay and story trailers for it. I hated the first 30 hours of the game.
Then I got past chapter 4 and my opinion 180'd. It's definitely my favorite switch title at the moment and I'm HYPED for Torna. Is it better than 1? In some regards, like combat, music (fight me), and side questing. I feel 1's story is superior and Shulk is a better protag but the supporting cast for 2 was surprisingly strong, at least for me.
I also wouldn't be worried about this becoming the trend for the series since (besides themes and mechanics) Takahashi doesn't make the same game twice.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Interesting find on Gamefaqs:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76988998

They skipped three blogs. Let the theorying begin
A unique and their trailer are both a given. The third post is a mystery with a lot of potential answers. The only thing it can't be is another unique since that would require a fourth post for another trailer. That tells us the direct is only planning to reveal one unique newcomer.

What it could be is a brand new stage/memory (associated with the unique), or an AT/item/song (possibly associated). It could also be an echo if they were shown in the same trailer alongside the unique, which means Felix is still fair game.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I hated the reveal of Xenoblade 2. I hated the gameplay and story trailers for it. I hated the first 30 hours of the game.
Then I got past chapter 4 and my opinion 180'd. It's definitely my favorite switch title at the moment and I'm HYPED for Torna. Is it better than 1? In some regards, like combat, music (fight me), and side questing. I feel 1's story is superior and Shulk is a better protag but the supporting cast for 2 was surprisingly strong, at least for me.
I also wouldn't be worried about this becoming the trend for the series since (besides themes and mechanics) Takahashi doesn't make the same game twice.
I really wanted to get 2 but I just don't like rex Torna might change my mind for the dlc the protag in that just looks cooler in my opinion

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anyone thinking the direct might be Wednesday?
I think it just might. It's possible they'll push the music back to Wednesday morning and release the missing posts at the end of the day.

Interesting find on Gamefaqs:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76988998

They skipped three blogs. Let the theorying begin
They skipped four blog posts. Bowser was likely intended for Wednesday. His ID is 142, 139 is Toon Link's memory. 140 and 141 are undoubtedly Tuesday's music and stage, respectively. They pushed back Thursday's update and Sunday's, implying there's an Echo Fighter (Monday is usually always a character reveal).

I'll prove it once I get back to my PC (on my phone ATM).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Of the four posts, three would be accounted for by reveal trailer, specific ~20-second character trailer, and memory. The fourth is a mystery.

However it seems unlikely to be an echo, as the past four echoes have all had an accompanying memory post as well, which would bring the count to five.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Who's talking **** about one of my favorite games of all time behind my back? I will beat em up!

Just kidding, it is fine. Everyone has differing opinions and things they find most important when designing games. :p

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
As someone who has played Xenogears and XenoSaga, I can confirm this.

Also, the next game seems to have an medieval-style art style from the job postings.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
However it seems unlikely to be an echo, as the past four echoes have all had an accompanying memory post as well, which would bring the count to five.
Not so! Chrom has no Memory, and even some solo characters like Villager didn't get one. There's still a chance... Especially if they might've debuted in the same game. Here's hoping.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Of the four posts, three would be accounted for by reveal trailer, specific ~20-second character trailer, and memory. The fourth is a mystery.

I’m sorry, what’s a memory?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
High expectations you have.
It really was not delayed for that long. Three games were leaked, and the demo is still going to be there.
The only instance I can see the direct being reworked, aside from mentioning the delay and the disaster, is in case some material actually was insensitive.
Not really an expectation, just a theory as to why they haven't announced the direct yet. I know the demo will still be there but that doesn't mean some dates can't be changed. Still I am hoping to drop it by Thursday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not so! Chrom has no Memory, and even some solo characters like Villager didn't get one. There's still a chance... Especially if they might've debuted in the same game. Here's hoping.
Chrom doesn't have a memory? Oh. Well, I suppose he probably didn't need one given he's like the eleventh character to hail from Awakening. :p

Though if Felix is somehow an echo, it'd be strange if GS2 wasn't a memory, even if his debut was in GS1.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh really? I wonder why they didn’t bother to translate that. Thanks for the swift answer!
It's probably because it would be double the work given the different boxarts, whereas most posts just require a translation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom