• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don’t doubt it’s fake. He posted screens on Chibi Robo’s and Isaac’s splash screens, but didn’t show the characters at all either.
I find it strange that chibi-Robo is "shown" to be a fighter, but not Ray.

Maybe it's just me, but given that Ray was cut out of smash 4, I'd expect his fanbase to be much more louder in their demand in the ballot than chibi-Robo's. (Similar to how Isaac was demanded MUCH more than ever before.) but that's just how I see it.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord

Maybe it's just me, but given that Ray was cut out of smash 4, I'd expect his fanbase to be much more louder in their demand in the ballot than chibi-Robo's. (Similar to how Isaac was demanded MUCH more than ever before.) but that's just how I see it.
Wut

He was cut out of smash? When

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wut

He was cut out of smash? When
RayIII was cut out of Smash 4. He was no longer an assist trophy like he was in brawl. In fact, there was ZERO Custom Robo content in smash 4.

Granted, it wasn't as big as isaac. (Because Golden Sun was much more successful.) But i remember his fanbase being pissed over it. It wasn't pretty.

Chrono.

I'd love Ray but Custom Robo is pretty much dead isn't it? And has been for a longer while too.

On top of that it barely had a western presence unlike Golden Sun and Chibi.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Ohhh I didnt know that, that sucks

I wonder why those two were even cut :/
Yeah, I have no clue. It seems like Nintendo wants nothing to do with Custom Robo, but Isaac's cut is strange. I believe a theory (found on this forum, but I can't remember who proposed it) is that the 3DS couldn't handle Isaac, and it may be the same with Ray.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah the leak has killed my hype too lol

Makes me worried about all the competition he has
Yeah I'm scared too. Bandana Dee, a Pokemon, maybe Geno and Banjo... all of those feel like they might beat him out. idk. I think we'll be very lucky to get Isaac, but honestly I feel like it would be a super missed opportunity to not include him. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd love Ray but Custom Robo is pretty much dead isn't it? And has been for a longer while too.

On top of that it barely had a western presence unlike Golden Sun and Chibi.
You have a good point on that front. But remember, being dead doesn't really mean that you have zero chance. (Though, not a big chance.)

Yeah, GS did have a western presense. But i'm not too sure about Chibi...is games never seem to have done that well financially.

I mean, There have been a lot more games localized here. You got that right.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
RayIII was cut out of Smash 4. He was no longer an assist trophy like he was in brawl. In fact, there was ZERO Custom Robo content in smash 4.

Granted, it wasn't as big as isaac. (Because Golden Sun was much more successful.) But i remember his fanbase being pissed over it. It wasn't pretty.
I've seen so many people say "Golden Sun was cut completely from Smash" (forgetting the song that remained and the song that was added), but in actuality, it was Custom Robo that was cut completely.

The anti-GS bias is strong with those who say these things.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
On a side note I think monster hunter will be playable at some point, maybe it's just me, of course the most iconic part of the series is the monsters so maybe not
That's why a Palico (the cats) would fit as a MH character, they're the mascot of the series, are playable and very nintendo-ish.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I've seen so many people say "Golden Sun was cut completely from Smash" (forgetting the song that remained and the song that was added), but in actuality, it was Custom Robo that was cut completely.

I think what it is is the only character representation was removed, making them think it was cut completely. But I agree, they're still wrong.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I mean, yeah. There was two songs of Golden Sun. (Granted it wasn't a remix. But it was something.)

(Personally, i'll just take a ported over Ray assist trophy if Sakurai doesn't want to make him a fighter.)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've never seen such the hype come to such a crashing halt like it did the past two days. Hopefully, it recovers soon, with the spark being our golden boy in the game!
The hyped dropped to the floor indefinitely.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Damn, my best buy has a mario tennis aces demo up

Edit: ohh... only major cities have demos, thats what I get for being in western ma. Heck not even Boston has it

:/

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What would they make his physical attacks?

He isnt Megaman and or a trained martial artist like Ryu or Snake. And an element of his games is a limited PP pool.

For me I always thought smash attacks were djinn release (like Flint or Sap) and his special moves were Psyenergy. While his normal moves are sword strikes

It would be possible to make some psyenergy into normal moves but I'm not entirely sure what.
That's easy. His "Jab A" attack would be using the Psynergy Force x10. His spike air would use Pound. It can work!

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have no clue. It seems like Nintendo wants nothing to do with Custom Robo, but Isaac's cut is strange. I believe a theory (found on this forum, but I can't remember who proposed it) is that the 3DS couldn't handle Isaac, and it may be the same with Ray.
Yeah it's not too crazy of a theory. A lot of things were cut or altered. Final Smashes, transformations (Pokemon Trainer got completely cut, leaving Charizard solo), even Ice Climbers got cut and now they're back like nothing. Another thing to consider is that Sakurai was working on two games vs one, and he was bent on making sure both had the same content, so whatever the 3DS couldn't handle got scrapped. And as Xeno mentioned, they added another Golden Sun song so it's not as if they completely forgot about the series, just that Isaac's assist might have been a clear issue.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yeah it's not too crazy of a theory. A lot of things were cut or altered. Final Smashes, transformations (Pokemon Trainer got completely cut, leaving Charizard solo), even Ice Climbers got cut and now they're back like nothing. Another thing to consider is that Sakurai was working on two games vs one, and he was bent on making sure both had the same content, so whatever the 3DS couldn't handle got scrapped. And as Xeno mentioned, they added another Golden Sun song so it's not as if they completely forgot about the series, just that Isaac's assist might have been a clear issue.
They added another GS song? What was it?

Chrono.

It is a bit strange since Custom Robo even had around 4 trophies in Melee.

I wonder if Sakurai ever considered adding Ray as a character at one point lol.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It is a bit strange since Custom Robo even had around 4 trophies in Melee.

I wonder if Sakurai ever considered adding Ray as a character at one point lol.
I'd bet he was considered, as well as Isaac, but they decided that they were "low priority" and ran out of time to get to either of them, leading to both becoming Assist Trophies.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm scared too. Bandana Dee, a Pokemon, maybe Geno and Banjo... all of those feel like they might beat him out. idk. I think we'll be very lucky to get Isaac, but honestly I feel like it would be a super missed opportunity to not include him. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...
I see Banjo thrown around a lot, but I'm hesitant on how much third parties people expect to make the base roster and take priority over Nintendo's own franchises. Inklings is so far the only new first party franchise added and I don't see too many third parties flooding what is already going to be a small roster of newcomers than usual and take priority over the ballot which would realistically have more votes go to Nintendo's franchises.

Even some of the more notable third parties in the roster, Ryu and Cloud, didn't get added in 4 until much later with DLC. At most I can expect one more third party, Geno as he's popular and Sakurai even acknowledged that he'd like to have him. But otherwise this seems like another one of those cases where Isaac is in this weird limbo where he's both popular and expected but still a non entity that people see other third parties being a 100% lock over him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
My b.

But yeah my main point was that, since Melee and until 4. Custom Robo always had some sort of presence.
And going off that point, i never understood why Ray would be cut because "his franchise is dead."

Look at some of these assist trophies. Look are Saki, Starfy, Prince Sable, Takamari, and even Devil. These aren't from successful franchises, but they still made it into 4.

So why was Isaac, Ray, Jill, and Barbera cut from 4? When they wouldn't stand out much from the other assists?
Either adding these assist trophies would go over the amount of memory that 3DS carts had, or they were rushing the 3DS version, and didn't think they were worth porting.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not even going to comment on the leak itself, instead I'm going to point out just how desperate we currently are for discussion. Please Nintendo, we just want a date!
No wonder they won't contact us, we're coming off as desperate

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
No wonder they won't contact us, we're coming off as desperate
It's not you, it's me! But really, the seeming radio silence is kind of frustrating. I completely understand why the Direct was delayed and fully support the decision, but not even having an official ballpark is quite distressing, especially since how well this game has avoided leaks so far. I just don't want my first view of Isaac in Smash to be a poor Famitsu scan.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Nintendo didn't renew its trademark on Custom Robo, so that's not promising for the future of the series

Top Bottom