• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
59% to 41%. That ain't bad for a "dead franchise"
Impying that a "Dead Franchise" is irrelevant and not Nintendo's secret stash of shelved treasures. Like many of Nintendo's IP's.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I could definitely see gamefreak making a pokemon with a name based on gullible. But you can't take that out of context either. A "leak" with a pokemon that happens to be based on the word gullible is simply too convenient/unlikely. Possible? I mean I guess, but again given the context almost certainly fake.
I don't disagree, and I found it fishy too, but something like that might not exactly completely de-confirm it had there not been other issues I had with the leak.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's not forget that his leak also didn't touch on Yoshi's Crafted World or the Mega Man 11 demo, both of which presumably would've been in the Direct.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let's not forget that his leak also didn't touch on Yoshi's Crafted World or the Mega Man 11 demo, both of which presumably would've been in the Direct.
I could've sworn it tried to name Yoshi's Crafted World but named it something completely different. Maybe I'm not thinking straight.

Either way, we're still at 0 on "Trailers accurately described before reveal", the biggest killer of any leak.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The sly leak is fake, he got lucky on FF because it was announced for PS4 already and was rumored to come to Switch before, so once it was shown coming to PS4 it was logical that it would come to Switch.. it means nothing.. that doesn't change the fact that Isaac is totally going to revealed in this upcoming direct.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The sly leak is fake, he got lucky on FF because it was announced for PS4 already and was rumored to come to Switch before, so once it was shown coming to PS4 it was logical that it would come to Switch.. it means nothing.. that doesn't change the fact that Isaac is totally going to revealed in this upcoming direct.
A lot can change in a week...

He could even not be in smash at all.

Edit: I apologize for wording it the way I did. I'll get off now. Probably come back when a direct is reannounced, or something is leaked. Again, sorry.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If you're suggesting recent events will cause Isaac to be removed from the game, that's pretty ridiculous.
Only someone unreasonably paranoid would be able to come to the conslusion he'd be removed.

You're saying that I would say that the events in Japan would cause him to be cut? No.

But anything can happen with Isaac Whether it's just someone who says "You know, let's just switch out this trailer for another one, because that will be more recognizable." Incenroar could just be shown instead to gather more hype for the Pokémon crowd.

Alternately, he could not just be in the game at all. And that's the one I might go with for the time being.

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
What if they save the Pokemon rep for SSBUltimate to be on the November Direct in time for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? (If there will a SSBUltimate Direct in November or something.)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What if they save the Pokemon rep for SSBUltimate to be on the November Direct in time for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? (If there will a SSBUltimate Direct in November or something.)
I mean, it is possible. Certain fighters can be used to promote certain games. But given that Sakurai releases info on his own whim, I don't think that really matters.
We just shouldn't set ourselves up for disappointment.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're saying that I would say that the events in Japan would cause him to be cut? No.

But anything can happen with Isaac Whether it's just someone who says "You know, let's just switch out this trailer for another one, because that will be more recognizable." Incenroar could just be shown instead to gather more hype for the Pokémon crowd.
Such a thing would be much easier with the past titles given the numbering system this one employs. Never say never, but I really doubt they'd alter the actual game itself. Maybe recut some footage at most.

Alternately, he could not just be in the game at all. And that's the one I might go with for the time being.
Also definitely possible.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
"we have everyone's fan favorites! except that kid with the earth powers, no one at the office likes him for reasons. you wanted him since brawl? tough ****" -sakurai.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think his CGI apresentation COULD be skipped (if he is in this trailer) and they go direct to his gameplay and splash art (and latter send to CGI trailer in Smash Site)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Such a thing would be much easier with the past titles given the numbering system this one employs. Never say never, but I really doubt they'd alter the actual game itself. Maybe recut some footage at most.
I'm mostly thinking from a Nintendo Marketing perspective with that scenario.

Nintendo planned to have this Direct today, and now I'm sure a lot of 3rd parties are pissed, and are just gonna release the stuff anyway. That takes a huge blow to the 3rd party presense in the direct in terms of surprises. Obviously, Nintendo could just try to edit the direct to include some stuff to make up for the already announced stuff, or just replace some stuff out of the need to pander to a larger audience.

Again, just another scenario. Not something I personally believe in, but we just shouldn't say that Isaac is going to be revealed, because he isn't a lock.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think his CGI apresentation COULD be skipped (if he is in this trailer) and they go direct to his gameplay and splash art (and latter send to CGI trailer in Smash Site)
That is of course *assuming* there'd be sensitive material in it, and it'd be too much to simply cut out (while salvaging the rest of the trailer).

It's definitely too far gone to straight up remove him at this stage if he's in. I doubt Sakurai would even consider that. Something like "The following may contain sensitive media due to recent events" or just video editing is much easier than removing him if he's there. If he is, keep in mind that most of the voicework is already done if not all of it, plus a stage that likely took months and months to develop, plus a score of music, plus ATs and other things.

Wouldn't be the first time Japan censored stuff in Japanese versions of trailers or what have you for sensitive media, but this is all assuming it even calls for that. For all we know, he could throw a rock or use Move in the actual CG.

Not to mention, stuff like Famitsu will already be in print, and if it contains Direct info and if he's there, well...

(That, plus media outlets that had an embargo about Direct information)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure a lot of 3rd parties are pissed
I'm sure they're not. They'd be perfectly understanding that Nintendo opted to postpone the Direct. There may be circumstances that prevent them from postponing their reveals, but that doesn't mean they're "pissed". That's frankly just a ridiculous idea all-together. No one other than complete insensitive idiots will be pissed about this.

That is of course *assuming* there'd be sensitive material in it
Both Laura Kate Dale and Stealth have stated there was sensitive material in the Direct and is one reason why it got delayed. They didn't say what it was, of course.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is of course *assuming* there'd be sensitive material in it, and it'd be too much to simply cut out (while salvaging the rest of the trailer).

It's definitely too far gone to straight up remove him at this stage if he's in. I doubt Sakurai would even consider that. Something like "The following may contain sensitive media due to recent events" or just video editing is much easier than removing him if he's there. If he is, keep in mind that most of the voicework is already done if not all of it, plus a stage that likely took months and months to develop, plus a score of music, plus ATs and other things.

Wouldn't be the first time Japan censored stuff in Japanese versions of trailers or what have you for sensitive media, but this is all assuming it even calls for that. For all we know, he could throw a rock or use Move in the actual CG.
I highly doubt Sakurai is going to waste hours upon hours of resources spent on making a character just to have him removed.

Not to mention, stuff like Famitsu will already be in print, and if it contains Direct info and he's there, well...

There are two ways this could play out with Famitsu:

1. Nintendo uses a Non-Disclosure Act to prevent Famitsu from releasing information and the flow of information is stopped.
  2. Nintendo fails to contact Famitsu in time after the magazines have been delivered containing the information. If that is the case then you can expect someone to leak the information from the magazine.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Not to mention, stuff like Famitsu will already be in print, and if it contains Direct info and he's there, well...

That's also another possibility.

Again, I would apologize if I came across like I implied that isaac not being shown was because of the disaster. I just don't want others to set themselves up for disappointment a week from now.

Because now that's we're off the high of being excited for the direct, and now in the realm of uncertainty, i just wouldn't hype ourselves up for the possibility of Isaac being shown.
All we can do is just pray to the wise one.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't really think Isaac is in 100%, but if he is in, I don't think Sakurai will let him be moved due to the disaster. The character lineup for this game is pretty rigid with the numbering system, so I think if Isaac was originally next, he's still going to be next.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm not stopping. My hopes are that Hokkaido does recover as quickly as possible, but I don't see how it would lead to a character being cut or postponed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not stopping. My hopes are that Hokkaido does recover as quickly as possible, but I don't see how it would lead to a character being cut or postponed.
Character *cuts* would no doubt lead to full game delays, especially for one from a whole new series, in addition to everything else I mentioned. There's so many quicker fixes than that that won't leave any hurt feelings or ruin months and months of work.

I have hope Hokkaido will recover quickly. Japan is no stranger to natural disasters after all.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't really think Isaac is in 100%, but if he is in, I don't think Sakurai will let him be moved due to the disaster. The character lineup for this game is pretty rigid with the numbering system, so I think if Isaac was originally next, he's still going to be next.
I don't think Isaac would be delayed because of a disaster. But there is still uncertainty about his presense in Smash.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I know we all feel scared and uncertain with the delay and specially because of the rumors of the sensitive material on it but let's try not to spread negativity and doubt through this thread, please. I am certain we all know Isaac's future is not set in stone until we get a reveal but spreading bad feelings won't do anyone any good, it is better to keep hope as we have been, even if it's a "realistic" hope

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Isaac would be delayed because of a disaster. But there is still uncertainty about his presense in Smash.
Not sure why you keep raising the fact that he may not make the roster, no one is disagreeing with you. Plus it's kind of unrelated to this Direct-related stuff. We're just talking about the hypothetical that he is in and was next to be revealed, which obviously is just conjecture.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I'm willing to take the risk of being disappointed, but I really have high hypes for Isaac.
I think this direct will be his time to shine. Once they all get situated, I'm sure they'll be ready to present the
direct. I'm gonna be optimistic about this direct. We've come all this way supporting him, I won't give up on him yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Both Laura Kate Dale and Stealth have stated there was sensitive material in the Direct and is one reason why it got delayed. They didn't say what it was, of course.
Oh I'm aware; it's just in this case, we're *assuming* that it's related to Isaac or some kind of Smash reveal, and I'm positing the idea that it's unrelated, or that Isaac's trailer could be less offensive than we assume. That's it really.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
People are seriously overreacting if they think a character would be cut due to a natural disaster. Japan has natural disasters all the time. Just earlier this week we had massive flooding in Kansai, then several typhoons before that which caused more flooding and landslide on Western Honshu, not to mention a historic heat wave several months ago which killed several people. It’s awful and tragic, but life goes on, and the people of Japan are as resilient as people anywhere. Not to downplay the effects of the earthquake but it’s far from the most devastating one in recent memory.

Now, there’s every possibility that Isaac was never in the game in the first place, for any number of reasons that everyone in this thread could name. Delaying the Direct in the immediate aftermath out of respect is one thing, but to insinuate that months or years of hard work and assets and planning were thrown away because, what? Some people might be slightly offended that a character in this cartoon fighting game reminds them of random and unpredictable natural phenomenons? That’s absurd. It shows a shallow understanding of how development works and it’s extremely patronizing to the people of Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I think the offending material probably was something other than Smash, but if the claims are to be believed, I guess we'll find out... eventually.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Personally I think the offending material probably was something other than Smash, but if the claims are to be believed, I guess we'll find out... eventually.
Yeah, at the very least, if Laura Kate Dale and Stealth are speaking the truth, none of the material is being *removed*, just tastefully postponed. So there's that.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to start up this kinda narrative about Japan. :(
My negativity is probably not wanted at this time of desperation, so I'm sorry.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
People are seriously overreacting if they think a character would be cut due to a natural disaster. Japan has natural disasters all the time. Just earlier this week we had massive flooding in Kansai, then several typhoons before that which caused more flooding and landslide on Western Honshu, not to mention a historic heat wave several months ago which killed several people. It’s awful and tragic, but life goes on, and the people of Japan are as resilient as people anywhere. Not to downplay the effects of the earthquake but it’s far from the most devastating one in recent memory.

Now, there’s every possibility that Isaac was never in the game in the first place, for any number of reasons that everyone in this thread could name. Delaying the Direct in the immediate aftermath out of respect is one thing, but to insinuate that months or years of hard work and assets and planning were thrown away because, what? Some people might be slightly offended that a character in this cartoon fighting game reminds them of random and unpredictable natural phenomenons? That’s absurd. It shows a shallow understanding of how development works and it’s extremely patronizing to the people of Japan.
Just earlier this week we had massive flooding in Kansai.

We... wait you live in Japan?

If it's the case I have somes questions about Isaac and Japan if you'l allow me.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to start up this kinda narrative about Japan. :(
No, it's all right. I'm sorry if my response came off as harsh. It wasn't really in response to you specifically, I'm just getting frustrated at people overplaying the effects of the earthquake. Trust me, earthquakes are a fact of life over here in Japan and people recover quickly. I'm not downplaying the significance to anyone who was affected in Hokkaido, but people are reacting like this is a repeat of the Fukushima earthquake in 2011 when that is very far from the case. Most of my coworkers have already moved on to other topics of conversation. The impact of this disaster on the Direct will amount to a delay of several days and likely nothing more.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, at any rate we will know in a week or more, I think Isaac could be in, but he is far from a lock(like I give him 55%)(I don't consider no one outside Mario a lock in Smash) and for more if both he and Skull Kid are playable, I bet that they will be revealed in the same day/month, since both (could be) ex-AT

ZelDan

Smash Master
I mean, the sensitive info could be Isaac, or it could be literally anything else; destruction is a large part of video games afterall. Hell, it could have been the new Yoshi game for all we know. Maybe he gets a super ground pound in the game that shakes and destroys everything in a given area or something.

Of course even if a hypothetical Isaac reveal trailer wasn't the offending part of the direct, that doesn't mean Isaac might not still be part of the direct.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
You're all good, the incident took us all off guard.
A lot of people were just worried about the people living in Japan, and
the possible outcome of the direct. It's just more likely they're gonna postpone it for now.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I sure do, pal. Can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but ask away.
Thanks, usually the people living in Japan I talk to are Westerner, so I was wondering if Japanese people goes to westerner forum sometimes, or if they are uninterested or just not good whit english.

Do some of you guys consider Sakurai tweet to be a reference to GS, or are people only crazy on the western side of the globe?

What is Japan opinion on Isaac usually, I know he's high enough to be know, but not to be whit the frontrunner there.

Do Japan see K Roll, Ridley and the Belmont Bros as westerner pick, or are they also hype about them?

Top Bottom