• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
10,000 fools, waiting for a stream that's never gonna start to start.

And I'm one of them.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think most people can recognize the lack of relation between the thread title and the events that transpired, and I don't think anyone will confuse it for malicious intentions or callousness, nor do I think anyone caught up in those events first-hand would really care, but if enough people feel that way I'll change it for the time being.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16411332

Let me know what you think. I'll leave the poll up for a little while.
I say change it just to be safe.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thank you N3ON! While I do agree the victims wouldn't actually care about a title of a thread on the internet, nor was this on purpose, but in the end we should show respect. Of course we have democracy, so if most don't see it that way then it is fine, it is good at least we are considering it...
Shouldn't we wait until someone from Japan acknowledges the title of our Thread and requests we change it before assuming someone might take offense to it?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Shouldn't we wait until someone from Japan acknowledges the title of our Thread and requests we change it before assuming someone might take offense to it?
Or, y'know, we could change it before someone takes it the wrong way instead of being overly attached to a meme title.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Not really, her tweet doesn't specify whether it's a game we know about, so if there is a "problem" game it could certainly be Smash. To be honest, really unfortunate if that's how we get Isaac though, because boy is the timing awful.
While I don't believe in Isaac being the cause of the delay, I do think it's just the natural disasters and should remain as such, it is rather ironic that if Isaac is announced the timing would be awful, given timing being awful is pretty much Isaac's entire Smash Career in a nutshell.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Looking at the japanese stream and not being able to read the text (even though I've studied the language for 3+ years) reminds me I should really get on with studying kanji. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
While I don't believe in Isaac being the cause of the delay, I do think it's just the natural disasters and should remain as such, it is rather ironic that if Isaac is announced the timing would be awful, given timing being awful is pretty much Isaac's entire Smash Career in a nutshell.
Yeah. In an oddly poignant way, Isaac being revealed next would be the pinnacle of bad timing.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Yeah. In an oddly poignant way, Isaac being revealed next would be the pinnacle of bad timing.
how long are they gonna keep this poor boy hostage? if he even made it in? I just wanna know if he's playable dang it! ;_;

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
how long are they gonna keep this poor boy hostage? if he even made it in? I just wanna know if he's playable dang it! ;_;
Same here....this lack of info on anything GS is worrying me...I just want the band-aid to be ripped off soon.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I know a lot people has already said this but this thread goes by so fast...

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Well, as much as I wanted info, I am glad they are not getting it out on mistake.
And I understand feeling uneasy due to the lack of anything GS right now but remember it could be a good thing for Isaac and that maybe he made it in

alguidrag

Smash Ace
so for today we got nothing... no date for the direct, I just hope the japanese people are fine, that earthquake was strong

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the japanese stream and not being able to read the text (even though I've studied the language for 3+ years) reminds me I should really get on with studying kanji. :sadeyes:
Hiragana and Katakana are pretty easy but kanji is a nightmare. My brother is learning Traditional Chinese, which means he has been practicing the strokes for each character hours a day. Watching his Taiwanese friend scribble them out perfectly and effortlessly is.. Intimidating?

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So i was wrong about direct being leaked. Dont worry though expect leaks this weekend. /v/ "leaks" are saying next Thursday is the day for the direct (since splatoon 2 coding suggests it) however as i stated with the Famitsu thing unless theyre fine with it being spoiled early they need to push it out tomorrow.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
It's crazy how people doubt the impact of Golden Sun

They look at Dark Dawn only.

Look Xeno2 could be a good game, I can't judge it since I didn't play it. However, I highly doubt the are the same JRPG.

New age Nintendo fans need to try out classic games. They are missing out on a lot.

It's like the argument "OLD ANIME IS OLD LOOKING I DONT LIKE"
When Beebop trumps modern day anime still.

This is why I think Nintendo rolling out those classics on the eshop is a good thing, younger fans will play older games.

I am glad I grew up with the Snes 64 and GB. I was able to play a lot and even play NES games at my grandma's

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So i was wrong about direct being leaked. Dont worry though expect leaks this weekend. /v/ "leaks" are saying next Thursday is the day for the direct (since splatoon 2 coding suggests it) however as i stated with the Famitsu thing unless theyre fine with it being spoiled early they need to push it out tomorrow.
or they could push Famitsu's release date to next week...

God, How am i going to stay sane that long....

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
It's crazy how people doubt the impact of Golden Sun

They look at Dark Dawn only.

Look Xeno2 could be a good game, I can't judge it since I didn't play it. However, I highly doubt the are the same JRPG.

New age Nintendo fans need to try out classic games. They are missing out on a lot.

It's like the argument "OLD ANIME IS OLD LOOKING I DONT LIKE"
When Beebop trumps modern day anime still.

This is why I think Nintendo rolling out those classics on the eshop is a good thing, younger fans will play older games.

I am glad I grew up with the Snes 64 and GB. I was able to play a lot and even play NES games at my grandma's
Yeah never played Xeno2. I had tried Xenoblade X (I did not enjoy it and Xeno2 looked like everything I disliked from X had been multiplied). After I played Xenoblade X I tried Golden Sun for the first time and obviously I really enjoyed it. I did not grow up with Golden Sun but, I still enjoyed it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah never played Xeno2. I had tried Xenoblade X (I did not enjoy it and Xeno2 looked like everything I disliked from X had been multiplied). After I played Xenoblade X I tried Golden Sun for the first time and obviously I really enjoyed it. I did not grow up with Golden Sun but, I still enjoyed it.
Xenoblade is obviously not your cup of tea. xD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A new thread title? Has "The Sun'll Come Out, Tomorrow" been done yet?
If it's changed it'll be temporary and due to potentially being construed as in bad taste due to the events in Japan.

We're deciding based on majority rules. So please vote if you haven't yet.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac gets revealed, how about "Here comes the Sun" as the title name? :p

Tetiro

Smash Ace
If it's changed it'll be temporary and due to potentially being construed as in bad taste due to the events in Japan.

We're deciding based on majority rules. So please vote if you haven't yet.
I already voted for Yes as a fresh change of scene :)

Top Bottom