• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
In that case, just group em together. Like olimar and alph. Give Isaac the 3 pallet swaps of his team and Felix 3 of his.

I’ll take that.
It's hard to decide whether Felix would be different enough in personality, but, I doubt that would work for the entire teams given the height differences

Felix/Isaac on the other hand? Yeah, that's reasonable.

D

Deleted member

As always, it'll take a character not thought of or mentioned often that'll destroy any leak entirely. We just need to think about potential characters that leakers don't like mentioning because they either are "predictable" or "not enticing".

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
i just want reputable info about Isaac.
I’ll say this,
We are going to get 3-5 more fighters.

From the fan favorites, and I mean like fighters people want
Geno Skull Kid Isaac Bandana Dee Shadow and Isabelle.

After the base roster, if none of these guys turn into AT, we might get them as DLC.

We all know Sakurai is not blind to fan demands.

Ridley made it in.

It's hard to decide whether Felix would be different enough in personality, but, I doubt that would work for the entire teams given the height differences

Felix/Isaac on the other hand? Yeah, that's reasonable.
I’m just saying like pallet swaps. Isaac with Garret’s colors, Ivan Mia etc etc. The whole party is 8 people, you can have 8 different colors

Arteen

Smash Lord
Going back a few pages (this thread moves so fast these days)...

Someone sell me on Isaac.
I'm starting to think he's more likely than previously thought, but I can't exactly call myself hyped.
It's not that I don't like him, I just don't know him. You can't care for someone you don't know.
So yeah, could someone tell me why Isaac is so heavily requested?
For some background, Golden Sun was a popular, gorgeous game that released the same year as the GBA, so it was a standout RPG for the system. It had a beautiful, flashy battle system with ton of depth (though the game was a bit on the easy side). The game also had tons of creative environmental puzzles that required the party's varied "psynergy" abilities to solve.

If you look at Isaac, you might think he's just another anime guy with a sword. But he's not!

The setting is a fantasy world where rare people have the ability of "psynergy", which is elemental magic. Those who can use psynergy are known as adepts, and are aligned to one of four elements: Earth (Venus), Water (Mercury), Fire (Mars), or Wind (Jupiter). The adepts gain additional powers through small creatures known as djinn that are also aligned to the elements. Along with traditional weapons like swords, maces and staves, adepts can use all sorts of magical, element-based psynergy abilities.

Isaac, being a Venus adept, has all sorts of Earth-based powers. He can summon thorny vines, avalanches, and earthquakes. He can "melt" into sand. He also has telekinetic powers to push, lift, and grab. His Brawl assist trophy showcases his telekinetic "Move" ability. He can use djinn to summon gods for massive damage. As a playable character, he'd probably swing his sword for a few normal moves, but all of his smashes and specials and grabs and final smash would draw from his wide array of Earth-based psynergy abilities.

There's no smash character who has a cohesive "Earth" theme like Isaac, so he'd easily bring something new to the table.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I mean something like that, but a bigger social media presence; us showing Camelot that we really care.

If I get some people willing to lead the march w/ me, I'll gladly put the time into this.
Ideally you would also show them that new Golden Sun Legends video that popped up. That would probably be the best showcase of how much we care.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Isaac's battle theme.

Personally I hate the type of waifu culture that Etika keeps promoting. I find it really weird and it hasn't made me enjoy his videos as much recently
Waifu culture is a hard thing to identify with. While I get he likes cute anime girls, I don't get why that's a bad thing that all of the newcomers aren't in that "waifu" realm. But hey, it's his channel.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
"Joycon Boyz"
Visible disgust

Anyways, what tracks are you guys most interested in seeing remixed/rearranged?
Elemental Stars
Isaac Battle Theme
Felix Battle Theme
The Storm
Venus Lighthouse
Page One
Crossbone Isle
My scream and crying when I see Isaac will be in smash bros and not an AT
Boss Battle 1 (dark dawn)

Hmm this lot from the top of my head

Arteen

Smash Lord
Venus Lighthouse or Elemental Stars Chamber as stages, each with their respective music.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'd prefer Felix over Matthew as an Echo of Isaac. It would just make more sense, since both of them are tied together, just like Golden Sun is to The Lost Age. They almost have the same merit, being two protagonists in a story that was meant to be a single game.

It could be a Simon/Richter situation where you don't know who's a clone of who, but Isaac is favored just for seniority.

Matthew was cool, but maybe too similar to his father and has less notability because Dark Dawn isn't as popular as the original games. But there's a chance that he might've placed better in the poll than Felix, since he was more relevant at the time, I guess?

I don’t think we will get an echo for Isaac if he is confirmed. 2 for 1? Seems to generous.

I feel like if we get Isaac it’s just going to be him. Maybe a stage.
Honestly, I'd be happy JUST with Isaac and a few GS tracks. Getting a Stage or even an Echo of Felix would just be a complete dream come true. :love:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Alright, I haven't seen this discussed before, but if Isaac were to make it into Ultimate, who on earth would voice him? Same goes for a Felix echo. Is there anyone you guys could 100% see in the role?

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Colosso battle theme would be awesome. So that plus two lighthouse mixes. Combine Venus and Mars, then combine Mercury and Jupiter.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Alright, I haven't seen this discussed before, but if Isaac were to make it into Ultimate, who on earth would voice him? Same goes for a Felix echo. Is there anyone you guys could 100% see in the role?
I have no idea who could voice him but I personally wasn't a fan of his voice in Brawl. His SSF2 voice is alright

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The Assumed Skull Kid Hint:
Right now I do believe the chairs are hinting at something, I’m just not 100% sure it’s Skull Kid. Always pay attention to the room Sakurai is in during these next few directs! I wasn’t sure at first but if you look back at the e3 direct, behind Sakurai is a wooden wall with a very random rope ladder on it (like a pirate ship) that is literally right next to a red and yellow barrel. If you don’t get the hint, red and yellow are the colors of the Donkey Kong logo and those colors are on a BARREL of all things. Then the following direct gave us King K Rool, so there is definitely something being hinted at in the past direct.
Oh wow, I just checked the e3 presentation and those hints you mentioned definitely hint towards k rool. So sakurai definitely puts intentional hints, and I think the green and purple chairs along with that pillow pattern definitely imply skull kid will be coming

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I have no real answer, but for a laugh I'm gonna say Dennis Dexter Haysbert, AKA the State Farm guy.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I could easily see Yuri Lowenthal voicing Isaac. Dudes a master of VA with a wide range.

As for Felix. Oof that’s a tough one. I always imagined him having a lower voice range, since he’s (IIRC) the oldest of the 8 characters (Aside from Piers, naturally).

Edit: Also congrats on 10k man!

Second Edit: Aaaah well Yuri is apparently already Marth my bad.

Ahem... time to pop the lid open... Vic Mignogna, Clifford Chapin, just to name a couple.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Yuri is already voicing Marth, so unless he's doing more than one character probably not

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
I could easily see Yuri Lowenthal voicing Isaac. Dudes a master of VA with a wide range.

As for Felix. Oof that’s a tough one. I always imagined him having a lower voice range, since he’s (IIRC) the oldest of the 8 characters (Aside from Piers, naturally).

Felix and Garet are 17, I think the only party member older than them is Piers who's well over a hundred.

Yuri is already voicing Marth, so unless he's doing more than one character probably not
Exact reason I'm hesitant about Ray Chase as Isaac, since he does Roy in fire emblem heroes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

Yeah, too bad on that leak(the one whose domain just got put up). Had an interesting list of characters. Welp, easy come, easy go.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

No, not Yuri. I have a bad habit of only hearing Sasuke from Naruto in all of his voice roles since he gets around so much in the industry. He's a legend though.

And thanks for the 10k wishes, I'm still kinda in a daze that it happened.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, Vic is the one i think could be in the role.

While I cannot unsee his role as Edward ( FmA is flipping awesome), he would be a good pick for isaac. Blonde hair and all.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Personally I hate the type of waifu culture that Etika keeps promoting. I find it really weird and it hasn't made me enjoy his videos as much recently
This. Honestly, I cringed so much at the title of his Smash Direct video, which was "Where are the waifus?" or something like that. Ugh. :glare:

I have no idea who could voice him but I personally wasn't a fan of his voice in Brawl. His SSF2 voice is alright
Ha ha, agreed. He didn't sound anything like what I imagine him to sound. He should sound heroic, but not corny. And Felix should be a cool dude voice, distant anti-hero type of thing. I dunno. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Calling Corrin the hero of anything seems off.
Corrin. Cool design. Broken unit. Sweet attack animations, classes and skills. Garbage character.

Kinda sums up a lot of Fates characters to be honest. Fates has like a dozen good characters total out of more than 60.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Honestly I don't like Etika or his content. He's just a meme really.
I just watch his reactions to new characters but his last one was really disappointing. It’s getting annoying watching him push this weird waifu thing.

Top Bottom