• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So how's it going here? Just popping over the Skull Kid board. This ARMS stuff is really exciting and is starting to reignite hope isn't it. Just like Spring Man, both Skull Kid and Isaac have an assist trophy and Mii Costume. Let's hope this is the start of something beautiful.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
So how's it going here? Just popping over the Skull Kid board. This ARMS stuff is really exciting and is starting to reignite hope isn't it. Just like Spring Man, both Skull Kid and Isaac have an assist trophy and Mii Costume. Let's hope this is the start of something beautiful.
Pretty good. The trademark thing actually has Korea related, where GS was never released.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It's going really good here, we're feeling the best about the series than we have in a long time. We've all become somewhat of trademark lawyers, since Golden Sun has been receiving some very interesting trademarks in some new territories. We hope it leads to a new game announcement, probably at the June Direct.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's going really good here, we're feeling the best about the series than we have in a long time. We've all become somewhat of trademark lawyers, since Golden Sun has been receiving some very interesting trademarks in some new territories. We hope it leads to a new game announcement, probably at the June Direct.
Also hoping Nintendo (if Golden Sun is returning) decided to add Isaac to promote the new game. That’s the dream!

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Something interesting about the Mario news is that none of those sources have mentioned something regarding a new Mario Golf game. If there will be a Mario direct which will reveal a ton of games linked to our plumber, it should have featured the reveal. But sources only mention the 3d platform games and Paper Mario so...
I don't want to be very optimistic, though, because I think they would also reveal a new Mario Party game, but no one mentioned it, like Mario Golf.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Imagine we are worried about Mario Golf but then the Mario Anniversary games start getting announced and they hit us with Mario Tennis Aces 2.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
do you guys think they'd hold off on announcing Mario Golf just to reveal it alongside a bunch of other Mario games? I go back and forth on it

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
do you guys think they'd hold off on announcing Mario Golf just to reveal it alongside a bunch of other Mario games? I go back and forth on it
If it's a Mario-specific Direct, yes. However, I still don't think that a new Golf game is in development, just because it seems like it would've been leaked along with the other Mario-related games earlier this year.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, but I don’t think so. Golf and Tennis are naturally very good mini direct reveals, since they’re a bit lower profile. That’s why I was a bit nervous when the mini direct dropped because if there’s any time to announce Golf, it was then. It’s been two years, they’d have something to show by now. If it was pushed back for any reason, it would be because of you know what. Even then, I think they would’ve just given us a “TBD” release date rather than clumping it in an inevitably huge direct where it would receive marginally less attention.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have a gut feeling this collection of remasters is only gonna focus on platformers.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I honestly think the Mario lineup they're going to announce it just the remasters of the older 3D games, 3D World Deluxe and the new Paper Mario. If we go past June without Mario Golf I think that's most likely the end of that obstacle

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have a gut feeling this collection of remasters is only gonna focus on platformers.
The collection will, but Mario's 35th will be more than just the collection, so they may feel like doing a Mario-themed info blowout.

I honestly think the Mario lineup they're going to announce it just the remasters of the older 3D games, 3D World Deluxe and the new Paper Mario. If we go past June without Mario Golf I think that's most likely the end of that obstacle
You can't form conclusions solely around when the game may be ready for release, you also have to consider that games that are already close to being done, or are actually done may now be sat on to alleviate dry spells in the future. Not only is this Nintendo's existing tactic, but it may become even more prevalent with the virus delaying the completion of more important games not as far along in development, such as holiday titles.

A Mario sports game is schedule fodder, it's not naturally a tentpole title that other releases adapt around, so it being used to plug a gap is not inconceivable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If it's a Mario-specific Direct, yes. However, I still don't think that a new Golf game is in development, just because it seems like it would've been leaked along with the other Mario-related games earlier this year.
I agree. I think a new Golden Sun or Golden Sun remake or remaster is more likely than a new Mario Golf due to the recent Golden Sun trademark.

I hope that isn't the case because remasters of the N64/Gamecube Mario Party, Paper Mario, and Mario Kart games would be amazing.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If there isnt even a legal proceedure such as filing a trademark for mario golf or any game really, then you shouldnt be expecting an announce of such game first to begin with. And yes, the trademark would be needed because they need it to be approved in order to even get their product going. It's not something you simply can skip, because you can't.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I think a new Golden Sun or Golden Sun remake or remaster is more likely than a new Mario Golf due to the recent Golden Sun trademark.
The fact we’re living in a timeline where this sentence can be said and not too much can be argued against it is amazing. Of course, things are pretty unpredictable right now due to the virus but knowing Golden Sun has more going for it currently is mind blowing to me.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that this is the longest Camelot has taken to release a game too. Hmm

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Reminder that this is the longest Camelot has taken to release a game too. Hmm
Had to look this up, but...yeah that checks out. It’s the longest we’ve gone without a release, let alone an announcement. With the trademark also in play and the fact this is all happening right after Golden Sun fans were finally loud (the one thing they said would bring the series back) I’d say we have a fair shot of this all coming to fruition. That’s not even mentioning how the trademark was not only one, treated differently than the rest of the trademarks made at the same time and two, how the trademark covers places where Golden Sun never even released. The strangest part is that the biggest gaps between releases are usually when making the jump between console generations, but that’s clearly not the case here. Something else has to be going on, whether it’s them taking on a bigger project (Golden Sun) or a wrench was thrown into their plans. Maybe even both.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fact we’re living in a timeline where this sentence can be said and not too much can be argued against it is amazing. Of course, things are pretty unpredictable right now due to the virus but knowing Golden Sun has more going for it currently is mind blowing to me.
If you actually want to hear arguments against it you should say it in a place not dedicated to Isaac or GS.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
While it's understandable given the circumstances, apparently Sakurai and the team will be working from home now on the dlc characters.

I can't imagine they're going to be very successful at keeping the characters under wraps given the circumstances. I wonder how long it'll be before we get a major leak.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
If this is the longest between releases/announcements, the game seems to have a pretty large scope.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If you actually want to hear arguments against it you should say it in a place not dedicated to Isaac or GS.
I wasn’t referring to this thread or any other thread for that matter. Simply my own opinions.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
While it's understandable given the circumstances, apparently Sakurai and the team will be working from home now on the dlc characters.

I can't imagine they're going to be very successful at keeping the characters under wraps given the circumstances. I wonder how long it'll be before we get a major leak.
Gonna sound like an idiot saying this, but how would it get leaked though?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Michiko is employed at Bandai Namco as a character modeler. Her job today is to make sure DLC fighter 7 scarf has the proper physics attributed to it. She pulls up the DLC files via secure encryption on a safe server and adjusts the bones/textures/physics of an unreleased NDA-hidden Smash Bros character.

But right now, Michiko isn't at the Bamco headquarters in western Tokyo. She's at her apartment 30 minutes south in Shinagawa.

Michiko hurries at her work because her boyfriend is coming over later in the day. They would be going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant for their anniversary, but now they're staying in and watching Terrace House and cooking together. She wants to make this scarf animation super great and gets lost in her work. She glances at the clock. Oh no, he'll be here in five minutes! She hops in the shower immediately.

Michiko's boyfriend, Gou, arrives while she's preparing. While waiting for her, he glances at her computer screen. She never tells him what she's working on, he's not too bothered by it though. But just last night on Discord, he was talking with his friend Charles from Europe who had just been posting some art on the server with a similar scarf.

Gou snaps a quick picture of the screen, not knowing any of the context.

Later the next night, when talking on Discord, Charles receives a DM of a scarf and some blonde hair. Charles realizes it's for a model nobody's ever seen before. Charles freaks out, he knows what this means, and he boots up 4chan or 2ch or @'s PapaGenos on twitter or whatever and now it's a thing.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Basically there's a larger chance for information to gain unauthorized exposure and depending on how communication is handled a larger chance for interception. As long as everyone takes the proper steps there still won't be leaks but the chance for them has increased.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Michiko is employed at Bandai Namco as a character modeler. Her job today is to make sure DLC fighter 7 scarf has the proper physics attributed to it. She pulls up the DLC files via secure encryption on a safe server and adjusts the bones/textures/physics of an unreleased NDA-hidden Smash Bros character.

But right now, Michiko isn't at the Bamco headquarters in western Tokyo. She's at her apartment 30 minutes south in Shinagawa.

Michiko hurries at her work because her boyfriend is coming over later in the day. They would be going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant for their anniversary, but now they're staying in and watching Terrace House and cooking together. She wants to make this scarf animation super great and gets lost in her work. She glances at the clock. Oh no, he'll be here in five minutes! She hops in the shower immediately.

Michiko's boyfriend, Gou, arrives while she's preparing. While waiting for her, he glances at her computer screen. She never tells him what she's working on, he's not too bothered by it though. But just last night on Discord, he was talking with his friend Charles from Europe who had just been posting some art on the server with a similar scarf.

Gou snaps a quick picture of the screen, not knowing any of the context.

Later the next night, when talking on Discord, Charles receives a DM of a scarf and some blonde hair. Charles realizes it's for a model nobody's ever seen before. Charles freaks out, he knows what this means, and he boots up 4chan or 2ch or @'s PapaGenos on twitter or whatever and now it's a thing.
Alright, but how did their anniversary go? Will Gou's leaking of Michiko's work put their relationship in jeopardy? I need to know how the story unfolds!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Alright, but how did their anniversary go? Will Gou's leaking of Michiko's work put their relationship in jeopardy? I need to know how the story unfolds!
Michiko is fired from her job when the leak is traced back to her. She can't make rent and starts walking the streets. Ten pages later she's pregnant and dying of a drug overdose in a public restroom and yes I am a patreon of Shindol and what do you mean this isn't appropriate for this message board

So umm....

Ten years later the sequel gets released and turns out Michiko and Gou had a child expy that looks almost exactly like Michiko and Michiko is still there but now she has a beard but Gou and Charles don't show up at all and aren't even mentioned it's really weird and the child and her friends go out and make a Smash Bros game just like their parents but it's kind of not as good overall even though the core formula is pretty solid.

Oh and Mtchiko and Gou both agree this season of Terrace House was the best so far.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Michiko is fired from her job when the leak is traced back to her. She can't make rent and starts walking the streets. Ten pages later she's pregnant and dying of a drug overdose in a public restroom and yes I am a patreon of Shindol and what do you mean this isn't appropriate for this message board

So umm....

Ten years later the sequel gets released and turns out Michiko and Gou had a child expy that looks almost exactly like Michiko and Michiko is still there but now she has a beard but Gou and Charles don't show up at all and aren't even mentioned it's really weird and the child and her friends go out and make a Smash Bros game just like their parents but it's kind of not as good overall even though the core formula is pretty solid.

Oh and Mtchiko and Gou both agree this season of Terrace House was the best so far.
How do I unsubscribe?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

So umm....

Good Lord do we need some sweet, sweet information.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So, back on the topic of potential announcements, I strongly doubt we'll get a Mario-only E3/General Direct. Putting aside that games like Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4 will 110% get screen time if they're ready at that point, Nintendo knows better than to put all their eggs in one basket. Even E3 2018, which we all probably remember as the Smash Ultimate show, had news for games like Fortnite, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Daemon X Machina. Depending on the exact scope of the Mario remasters they may well get a lengthy feature, but considering the rumors have been pretty specific (a remaster collection of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, plus 3D World Deluxe and a new Paper Mario), I doubt there are many more Mario announcements left for this year, and I believe that would be at most half their presentation (I'm guessing more like a quarter to a third). If a Golden Sun is in the cards, I don't believe any of the news we currently have gets in the way of that, barring an even bigger than expected interruption in scheduling by the coronavirus.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I don't believe any of the news we currently have gets in the way of that, barring an even bigger than expected interruption in scheduling by the coronavirus.
That's the problem though: Nobody knows how long this will last. Pandemics tend to not give a s*** about anybody's agenda.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
That's the problem though: Nobody knows how long this will last. Pandemics tend to not give a s*** about anybody's agenda.
Frankly, just give me a logo on a Powerpoint slide show saying Golden Sun 4 in development for Nintendo Switch, delayed due to pandemic to 2021, please understand.

I'm pretty sure my hype would be exactly the same as if they showed a full CGI premiere trailer with the Mt. Aleph eruption scene fully rendered looking like the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Whoa, someone made a post on r/NintendoSwitch about what people thought of a GS remaster.
It's the 3rd hottest post rn.

D

Deleted member

I think Isaac would be a very unique character and have so much potential. It’s quite baffling how many people said that Isaac is irrelevant and yet we have several characters in the roster that would be considered to irrelevant at this point like the Ice Climbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Isaac would be a very unique character and have so much potential. It’s quite baffling how many people said that Isaac is irrelevant and yet we have several characters in the roster that would be considered to irrelevant at this point like the Ice Climbers.
As time goes on, fans raise the bar more and more high for Smash characters, ignoring how Nintendo/Sakurai don't believe in such a high bar. If Geno fans think "20 year old one off side character" complaints are already bad, just imagine if no one tried to rally people behind him until now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Relevancy arguments, at least how they are defined within the context of Smash discussions (which tends to be boiled down to the recency = notability arguments) are really pointless. It’s one thing to argue that Isaac’s lack of new games makes him less likely than others (which is a fair argument) and another to argue he’s a bad choice because of the lack of recent games. Granted, pretty much nobody on Smashboards would be arguing the latter.

I don't remember that a post about Golden Sun on a general Nintendo subreddit exploded like that. Oh and there's also a post about Advance Wars.

BTW, there's an artist doing nice artwork on the Golden Sun subreddit. He is drawing the cast as half-dragon.
These designs look cool.

Top Bottom