• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
It'll all come full circle. Been 19 years now since GS1. Always thought it was a great series and Isaac would fit right in the Smash game.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
It'll all come full circle. Been 19 years now since GS1. Always thought it was a great series and Isaac would fit right in the Smash game.
Imagine him coming out August or November 2021 as the second-to-last or last character of the second season pass...exactly 20 years after he first showed up in Japan or North America, respectively. I think I would cry like a baby. :crying::crying::crying:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If Isaac has move like Quake/Earthquake or any other moves that shoots things up from the ground,(Nettle, Growth, Punji, etc) then it would be cool to have an animation of him slamming the ground with his hands like Goro Daimon from KOF. It will give him some force that most swordsman don't have.
3f286429adc08a82be5db1dca457e55a6cb73523f7e9484d775c58024c2fd29f1a53fdb63039d2e155f42c82d0b7f2...gif

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If Isaac has move like Quake/Earthquake or any other moves that shoots things up from the ground,(Nettle, Growth, Punji, etc) then it would be cool to have an animation of him slamming the ground with his hands like Goro Daimon from KOF. It will give him some force that most swordsman don't have.
View attachment 262703
That's kind of what I imagine for a side special although he'd slam the ground with one hand. Tap the button and he'd summon a single pillar that comes out of the ground that could also be used for protection or a projectile by pushing it with move and if it the button is held there'd be three pillars that get progressively bigger and more powerful

YwhaletailY

Smash Rookie

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I've actually been down the "what next?" road before with the Rock Band series. For the longest time Dream Theater's "Metropolis Pt. 1" was my ultimate song that I regularly requested via official channels like their Song Request webpage. When it ended up being revealed as part of Rock Band 4's core set list I was beyond excited, and safe to say I was very happy with playing it once the game released. Honestly, I've never felt compelled to rally for a specific song since. After all, I got my dream song, and even without some sort of "I'll never ask for anything again" pact, I feel satisfied with Harmonix releasing whatever DLC they want at this point because they've already given me my ultimate prize. The initial excitement is awesome, of course, but the ongoing satisfaction that you don't need to rally for that content again lasts a very long time.

So what's next for me after Isaac? Honestly, I don't think I'll be rallying for specific characters anymore. That's not to say I'll suddenly lose interest in Smash or the speculation scene, nor will I stop having opinions on what characters should be added next (I do feel Geno fans deserve their character, for instance). It's just that Isaac has been my holy grail for over a decade, and if/when he gets added, I don't think I'll be that worried about what happens next anymore. No longer do I need to worry about them wasting development time on a Piranha Plant, or fearing that a Xenoblade or Fire Emblem character will take the theoretical "JRPG protagonist" spot. I just get to be excited for whatever we do get, and that would be a pretty fantastic feeling to have after so many years of waiting for one specific character. For now, though, I'll just have to continue hoping...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So in the Source Gaming Poll it asks for what 6 characters you want, now obviously most of us here picked Isaac as one of the entries but I'd like to hear what everyone's other 5 were. Other than Isaac I chose Sora, Sol Badguy, Paper Mario, Lloyd, and Dante.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So in the Source Gaming Poll it asks for what 6 characters you want, now obviously most of us here picked Isaac as one of the entries but I'd like to hear what everyone's other 5 were. Other than Isaac I chose Sora, Sol Badguy, Paper Mario, Lloyd, and Dante.
Obviously Isaac of course. But the other 5 were:
2) Doom Slayer
3) Juno/Vela (Jet Force Gemini)
-Though, I’m completely ok for these two to be Miis
4) Sora
5) Shadow
6) Waluigi

Usually anything past Sora sometimes fluctuates so those were what I thought of right there.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Per my previous post, I'm really only worried about Isaac at this point, so my Source Gaming list was pretty impromptu:

1. Isaac (duh)
2. Andy (Wars is life; this one's for you Ura Ura )
3. Geno (gotta respect our fellow forever supporters)
4. Tetra (my personal pick for another Zelda character)
5. Ryu Hayabusa (This one's been stuck in my brain as an exceptional third-party choice)
6. Dante (Watching Maximilian videos for years has ruined me)

Probably would have included Sora and/or Crono if I had remembered them before now. Oh well!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I never liked doing lists because I have so many characters I want, so I just put in the first 3 first party and the first 3 third party characters I could think of. So Isaac, Andy and Takamaru for first-parties and Phoenix, Layton and Bomberman for third.

In retrospect I left out characters I really love like Geno, Waluigi, Dixie, Travis, etc so it's kind of bittersweet.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Isaac
Hornet
Yuri Lowell
Arle Nadja
Monster Hunter
Sora
But if I could also choose from DLC spirits, I would pick Iori Yagami or Kyo Kusanagi instead of Hunter with no hesitation.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Elma
Phoenix
Then it's harder :
Sora
Waluigi
Shantae

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Isaac
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Dante
Doom Slayer
Rex & Pyra
Geno

Though I mainly want Dante for a friend who's a big DMC fan, heh.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I went with Isaac at the 1 spot then...

2. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
3. Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
4. Tifa (FF7)
5. Dante (DMC)
6. Tetra/Zelda (Wind Waker)

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
For me it was Isaac, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Phoenix Wright, ??? (I already forgot who this one was), and Shovel Knight.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I was watching some kind of video, where there were several ROB fighting each other in the back of a coliseum, like if they were training. Then Raiden from MGS appears and fight something I don't remember (I have zero interest in MGS, I don't understand why that character was there) confirming him as the first FP despite the lack of splash screen. Then there were several quick subliminal pictures, including one of Isaac with an updated model (and I understood what that means). The video continues on I don't remember what, then Isaac appears definitively with the updated model, slowly walking with determination toward the camera, confirming him as second FP. I was excited as hell, even crying of joy.

Then I woke up.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Wanted to do a little something different today. How would you guys pull something like a Golden Sun film off, live action or animated?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Wanted to do a little something different today. How would you guys pull something like a Golden Sun film off, live action or animated?
I'd say animated. Real-life psynergy hands would look a bit off for me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The 6 I would choose would be:

1. Goemon (My boi)
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong
4. Shantae
5. Geno (Mainly for Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and the Geno fanbase.)
6. Isaac (Mainly for you guys.)

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
An anime or cartoon movie would be great. The obvious comparison for Golden Sun when explaining it is always the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon so having the people who did that handle GS would be great. An anime style would also be interesting so I’d go for the people behind Fullmetal Alchemist to bring the Psyenergy and world of Golden Sun to life.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I'd say animated. Real-life psynergy hands would look a bit off for me.
Uhh lemme get uhhh 6 episode OVA of vignettes similar to Pokemon Origins from Studio Bones with uuuuh Sayo Yamamoto as director/storyboards and character designs by Raita and new soundtrack by Sakuraba.

Then you have the style of Fujiko Mine being animated like Mob Psycho looking like Valkyria Chronicles concept art and hitting famous moments in the games like the intro, the lighthouse events, deserts, inside the statue, Colosso, Lemuria, Crossbone Isle, ect, and we don't very much need a full story because it's fanservice/advertisement for the games.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Ah he does good videos, even though I don't understand all the music terms. I love when he's enthusiastic about something cool in the music direction.

aztimh

Smash Rookie
Ah he does good videos, even though I don't understand all the music terms. I love when he's enthusiastic about something cool in the music direction.
It’s just cool he brings more exposure to a series we so desperately want revived. I firmly believe Switch is the perfect time. The hybrid nature is perfect for RPGs.

Plus Isaac as the thumbnail <3

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
While Isaac’s Battle Theme is my all time favorite, the others are super good too! Especially when remixed right. Still want an official Battle! [Isaac] remix by Sakuraba himself.

That’s Bayonetta for ya. But we all know Isaac’s a good Golden Boy!

aztimh

Smash Rookie
I like most of the battle themes honestly. Particularly Boat Battle and Felix Battle, but Isaac’s battle theme has always been my favourite.

I really like this remix:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I like most of the battle themes honestly. Particularly Boat Battle and Felix Battle, but Isaac’s battle theme has always been my favourite.

I really like this remix:
Just asking, how do you put youtube/twitter etc. on here? When I try it, only links show up.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just asking, how do you put youtube/twitter etc. on here? When I try it, only links show up.
When typing up a post, click on the ... with the arrow beside it (next to the Smiley Face). That (as it shows when you hover your mouse over it) is the Insert button, and if you click on Media on the drop-down menu, it will let you embed Youtube videos and Tweets.

Just don't embed too many per post - it can really slow the page down.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
For me, it's this remix.
I like the part when it gets quiet and all of a sudden flute starts to play.

Top Bottom