• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUNH: finale (Smahing Up Nick's House - EPIC!)

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
The epic finale to the SUNH smashfest and tournament series will be happening THIS SATURDAY! the 17th!

EDIT IF ANYONE SHOWS UP AND I DIDNT HEAR THAT YOU WERE COMING BEFORE HAND IM GOING TO BE MAD AT YOU

it is invitational only, but i've invited quite a few people. i'd really REALLY appreciate it if i know who is showing up. its OK if you cancel, but PLEASE let me know if you want to come, dont just show up. and PLEASE let me know if you want to bring someone else, every single SUNH event, i have had people bringing others which im sometimes ok with and sometimes not, depending who they are. if i havnt talked to you about it but you want to come, send me a PM or IM.

we still need to decide how food is going to work. im going to take a dollar out of each entry fee, which should hopefully get me around 30 dollars. extra donations would be great, ESPECIALLY if you arnt planning on entering both doubles and singles. if you plan to attend but not enter any brackets, i would really appreciate it if you gave a couple dollars just so i dont have to foot a huge bill for food.
i am NOT taking money from the pot for myself. in fact i am entering myself, and probably paying the entrance fee.
So, our options are best with pizza, Ian has offered to pick up some Papa Johns on the way (no johns) and that is certainly better pizza that little ceasers. it is, however, a bit more expensive and we would need several of those pizzas to feed everyone. little ceasers is pretty affordable

so our best options seem to be
1) 7 dollar entry fee for singles, 10 for doubles, with 6 going to the pot for singles and 8 to the pot for doubles, and i will buy little ceasers. drinks and snacks will also be provided.
2) 8 dollar entry fee for singles, 10 for doubles, with the same amount going to the pot, and get papa johns instead
3) you can all get your own food. this isnt the best option though because there is very little in walking distance from my house.

let me know what you guys think about that. if i dont have people asking for otherwise, i will default to option 1 because that has worked in the past.
if people generally want a higher entry fee to amount to a higher pot, i will do that, without taking additional money.

The tentative schedule so far is
DOORS OPEN WHEN I GET HOME FROM PICKING PEOPLE UP. i'll be home for sure at 11:30. come earlier than that at the risk of sitting in your car until i get home (you will notice a red car infront of my house if i am home)
DOUBLES SIGNUPS CLOSE AT 1:00
doubles should not take more than 2 hours
SINGLES SIGNUPS: 3:30
SINGLES SIGNUPS CLOSE AT 4. everyone should defenetly be here by then
if there is time, i would love to pool draft like we did at SUNH: 4. that was pretty fun.

The rulesets will be as follows:
best 2/3 in all matches except winners, losers, and grand finals
standard advanced slob pick
each player/team may ban one stage (neutrals incuded)
first game will be random of the 6 neutral stages
loser can counterpick a neutral stage, along with a counterpick stage
counterpick stages: green greens, rainbow cruise, brinstar, mute city, pokefloats, and DK64

I should have 4 small TVs, the big flatscreen laggy TV, and about 3 cubes to use. i will need ATLEAST 1 more tv and several cubes. PLEASE let me know if you can bring a TV or cube.

i want to have about 20 people at this tournament, a few over 20 is OK. but for now im going to start listing out the people who i am fairly certain are coming, just to give everyone an idea. people are being added as they give me fairly sure confirmations that they can come, and will be removed if they let me know they wont make it.

people who are coming so far
1 kizzo
2 nhat the hollister
3 isai
4 nemesis
5 zhulian
6 vans
7 lunin
8 silentspectre
9 dreadful phil
10 hydro kirby
11 ian whateverhissmashhandleis
12 tang
13 sheridan
14 BTZO
15 frotaz
16 superrad
17 darkatma
18 Pac Sun Kevin
19 myko
20 azndanny
21 jr
22 erick
23 raves
24 peto0
25 falcomist
26 alaric
27 mari
28 art
THIS IS A FREAKING HUGE NUMBER if anyone else wants to come...sorry too bad. this is way overcrowding my place already

more will be added soon

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol i kinda wanna go to this

but then i'm so obscure that 20 people is too little to accomodate for me anyways.

Oh yea i used to live freaking close to Iceninja's house lol.. like 3 mins away. We still go to the park nearby when someone has a barbeque or some shiz. (random comment)

anyways.. lol milpitas.

quak

Smash Champion
it'd be cool if i was at least PERMITTED to go

i mean god nick don't be a di.......dong

**** rhyming

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright i want to thank everyone who came yesterday. i actually dont feel this this tourney lived quite up to SUNH finale's epic expectations, but it seemed pretty cool.

wish we had one more TV. too bad frotaz didnt bring the remote for his. oh well.
sorry food ran out so fast. im actually kinds disgusted with 27 people showing up and having only 18 people for both events. pizza isnt free, people.

heres how things turned out.

TEAMS:
1 Tang + SS - $40
2 Birdegg (FMF + Isai) - $24 (i owe isai a dollar)
3 B+Z<3 (Biteezio + Zhulian) - $15
4 Ehheaheah (Frotaz + Hyuga) their team name was peter griffon's giggle
5 Man We're Hungry (Raves + Nemesis)
5 I Dont Care (Peto0 + Azndanny
7 Myko Almost Got Arrested Yesterday (Lunin + VANS)
7 Raging Ian (Rage + Ian)
9 IceHol (random noobs - total bracket johns. btzo's bracket completly owned this team)

SINGLES
1 SS - $36
2 Tang - $36
3 LunInSpectra - $36 (isnt jeff a nice guy??)
4 Biteezio
5 Lord (GOOD **** ERICK!)
5 Frotaz
7 Zhu
7 Hydro Kirby
9 Azn Danny
9 Hyuga
9 Myko
9 Nhat
13 Dreadphil
13 Darkatma (darktrauma)
13 ICEninja (not last!!)
13 Rage
17 Mari
17 Ian (somehow got the same place as mari even though he beat her in winners...ian got bracket screwed)

i hope that those who didnt spend the whole time smashing enjoyed my piano and ratatoullie. im sorry there were so many people relative toTVs, it just wasnt a good ratio. there was almost enough room for everyone to sit though, so its all good.

sorry i didnt john enough this tourny, i just didnt have enough time to play to lose enough to make enough johns. i'll do a better job next time.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hmm yeah hella fun tourny, good sht to zhu in teams, our first round didn't go that great, but I caught on eventually and we did good, tell me anytime if you need a partner ;D. Baysians...wow hella fun, wish i coulda finished watching ratatouille though T_T. Nice meeting JR too, he's hella laughs;).

BTW HydroKirby>everyone else

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Our team name wasn't Peter Griffin's giggle, it was Frotaz's Yoshi's Down Tilt.

Thanks again Nick for hosting this. Pretty much everyone there was cool, it was great to hang out again. I think my car contained half the total white people in the house.

HK and Zhu good **** at Applebee's.

Good job Erick, our set was fun.

Frotaz and BTZO do nothing but complain about the game and still get 4/5, good stuff.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Our team name wasn't Peter Griffin's giggle, it was Frotaz's Yoshi's Down Tilt.

Thanks again Nick for hosting this. Pretty much everyone there was cool, it was great to hang out again. I think my car contained half the total white people in the house.

HK and Zhu good **** at Applebee's.

Good job Erick, our set was fun.

Frotaz and BTZO do nothing but complain about the game and still get 4/5, good stuff.
and by half the white people

he means him and btzo.

VANS

Smash Ace
good stuff niCK! like i said..ur house is the BEST. so NICE AND FANCY =D hope u didnt forget to thank ur mom for the brownies ^_~ and again, thx for the rides to bart and stuff ^_^ much appreciated by all of us. o yea and i will ..get my revenge soon next time

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
yeah we had some leftover homemade brownies that my mom baked up a couple days ago. they were actually REALLY good, some of the best **** ive ever had. they had chocolate butterscotch icing, and were like...baked but still really soft. pretty fantastic

so yeah i mentioned the brownies to vanessa and she threatened to tie me up and shove needles in to my skin, sheik style, unless i gave her our leftover brownies. she ate 3 of them. LOL THE JOKES ON HER because i didnt tell her until after she ate them that those 3 brownies probably had about 1000 calories or so TAKE THAT TUMMY ACHE!

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
fun tourney and sorry i couldnt stay for singles...

Thx Isai for teaming with me ^^ It was an honor xD.

SS- LOLOLOOL friendlies are fun arent they? Thx for helping me fix my controller ^^.
Petoo- Thx for the ride man. Always chill to hang with u
Tang: ... i hate u and ur fox
Lunin- thx for housing me friday ^^
AznDanny- No 3rd? u disappoint me ^^
Zhu: sorry for falco dittos again
HK: u got ***** STFU
Hyuga/Frotaz: nice seeing u guys again ^^ sheridan house? xD

Nick: Thx man for holding the tourney at ur house and buying us food and drinks ^^. It sad this is the last one but yea good **** on running it ^^

Btzo: wtf... 4th... ur... broken... play... falco... and... ull... get... maybe... 3rd... for... once...

Top Bottom