• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: XI - Super Smash Con, Road2Shine, Xanadu

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
I don't understand the issue with a heal based team its a legitimate strategy that requires incredible teamwork to pull off successfully but also consistently in a hectic battle. It's not full proof at all and has counter play.

If people are fine with Anything that launches airborne into Finishing Touch in the air for a kill at 60 then this isn't a issue.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Has Ryo being going all :4corrinf:?
To answer this, I think he's been going both, mostly Corrin. Someone said that he used Ike vs. Mr. E. Corrin was a good choice vs Esam since he lost 2 previous sets to him with Ike. Ryo knows Day so well that he would've done well with all of his characters.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
The team combo shouldn't get banned after just one major win, especially during it's first major debut in Smash 4. That'll be through and through pure ignorance to adaptation and learning. You cannot disregard the fact that Tai and Goma are really good with their mains and have amazing synergy as players. You can't just pick this up with a random teammate and utilize it as an auto win.

The fact that Zero and Nairo were able to reset the bracket on the runback is proof enough that it's not broken. If players can develop somewhat of a counterplay in less than an hour, I'm certain the combo can be thwarted if actually studied.

Then again, I'm pretty sure no one but Tai and Goma actually care about doubles enough to actually do that. People just focus on singles and then cry wolf whenever some sort of team synergy comes through.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I find it amazing that a strat that:
A. required precision and timing
B. had years of practice behind it
C. Struggled before finally taking the win

would be asked to be banned/nerfed. Two players who have years of experience with this strat and amazing synergy vs people without that much synergy and strat study, they deserved the win.

We cant ban something just because they are super experienced with it and make it look easy. Especially when it makes its first showing as thats disgusting and anti-meta.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
best lucas worldwide and a highly formidable lucario use risky tactic to success through tech skill/timing

"this is worse than double cloud"

pls

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Most Americans treat doubles as a casual side event. Most of the people in that tournament where partners for only a couple of days.

Taiheta and Gomamugitya have been going at this for years. It only looks easy because they put SO much more work into doubles than everyone else at the tournament. Even then, they only scraped out the 1st place victory.

Save me the ****. This team combo is fine.

:150:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TaiGoma had far crazier strats in Brawl doubles fwiw. One of their signature moves was to have Gomamugitya immediately SD his first stock at 0% to give him a 3x Aura Boost and go on a rampage. This is tame in comparison.

:059:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
What I think will happen:

Nairo>6WX
Void>Fatality
Scatt>MVD
Mr.R>Ryo
Zinoto>Tweek
Marss>Day
Anti>Rich Brown
Dabuz>Ryuga
Pink Fresh > Saj
Abadango > Master Raven
ZeRo > Taheita
Ally > Frozen

What I want to happen:
6WX > Nairo
Scatt > MVD
Ryo > Mr.R
Tweek > Zinoto
Day > Marss
Rich Brown > Anti
IDK WHAT I WANT FOR RYUGA AND DABUZ I LOVE THEM BOTH SO I WANT IT TO BE A TIE. Why do my 2 favorite smashers have to play this early :(
Pink Fresh > Saj
Master Raven > Abadango
Taheita > Zero
Frozen > Ally

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
i posted my predictions several hours earlier on GameFAQs but I'll throw them on here

Nairo > 6WX
VoiD > Fatality
ScAtt > MVD
Mr. R > Ryo

Zinoto > Tweek (17th)
Day > Marss (17th)
ANTi > Rich Brown (17th)
Dabuz > Ryuga (17th)
Pink Fresh > Saj (17th)
Abadango > Master Raven (17th)
ZeRo > Taiheita (17th)
Ally > Frozen (17th)

VoiD > Nairo
Mr. R > ScAtt

Zinoto > Day (13th)
ANTi > Dabuz (13th)
Abadango > Pink Fresh (13th)
Ally > ZeRo (13th)

Zinoto > Fatality (9th)
ANTi > 6WX (9th)
Ally > MVD (9th)
Abadango > Ryo (9th)

ANTi > Zinoto (7th)
Ally > Abadango (7th)

Nairo > Ally (5th)
ANTi > ScAtt (5th)
ANTi > Nairo (4th)

VoiD > Mr. R

Mr. R > ANTi (3rd)
VoiD > Mr. R (2nd)

VoiD wins.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Marss cleaned the floor with Oni Day. As someone from NE, I know Marss has MU experience because we have a strong Lucario in Maverick.

Fenny

Smash Ace
So Saj won the Bayo ditto vs Pink Fresh 3-2

Not surprised at all, figured it would be a toss-up between the two. Although I think PF would have fared better against Aba than Saj, since Pink has good Mewtwo MU experience going up against WaDi back at Xanadu

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
That feel when MVD couldve taken game 3 from Scatt if he knew that after hitting Scatt with the Back Aired Can, he couldve caught him with a full hopped UAir and killed him

Scatt beats MVD 3-1 after having some trouble with Duck Hunt games 2 and 3

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Abadange :4mewtwo: 3-1 Saj :4bayonetta2:

I still think Saj is the better Bayonetta because his and PF's results cancel eachother out but Saj has beaten him in the ditto. They're really really close though.

Ally :4mario: beats Frozen :4corrinf: and goes to face ZeRo. Loser gets 13th.

Ally :4mario: 3-1 ZeRo :4diddy: :4cloud:

I'd have rather seen ZeRo pull out Falcon or Shulk but oh well. He might've actually done better because Ally wouldn't have as much falcon or shulk experience, compared to everyone and their mother's Cloud experience.

VoiD :4sheik: beat Fatality :4falcon:, who now faces Marss in losers.

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
If ZeRo really wants to defeat Ally. He needs to start pocketing Sonic instead of Cloud. He has a way better chance of defeating Mario than Cloud.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Fatality :4falcon: 3-1 Marss :4zss:

Ally :4mario: 3-0 MVD :4diddy:

9th is Marss and MVD, I think. Two more.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Super smash con Top 8

Winners

Nairo :4zss:vs Void:4sheik:
Scatt:4megaman:vs Mr.R:4sheik:

Losers
Fataltiy:4falcon:vs Dabuz:rosalina:
Abadango:4mewtwo::rosalina:vs Ally:4mario:

Out
9. Marss :4zss:
9. 6WX:4sonic:
9. Ryo :4corrinf::4feroy::4myfriends:
9. MVD :4diddy::4duckhunt:
13. Tweek :4cloud2:
13. ANTI :substitute:
13. Saj:4bayonetta2:
13. ZeRo :4diddy::4cloud2:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Top 8 Characters

Winners

:4sheik::4sheik: (Mr. R, VoiD)
:4zss: (Nairo)
:4megaman: (ScAtt)

Losers

:4mario: (Ally)
:4mewtwo:(Abadango)
:rosalina:(Dabuz)
:4falcon:(Fatality)

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Roy actually took two games off Abadango's Mewtwo. Perhaps M2 is just at the proper size, weight and fall speed values to fall prey to Roy's confirms, but it still was a lot more than what I thought Roy could do. Color me impressed.

Anyway, ZeRo needs to lock himself in a room for a week and lab the Mario matchup. Find himself a good secondary, or just bring back the Sheik. Cloud's not doing it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
best lucas worldwide and a highly formidable lucario use risky tactic to success through tech skill/timing

"this is worse than double cloud"

pls
This. Even before the strategy got a massive nerf back in December, it was hard to pull off. Lucario's whole playstyle is feast or famine so maining the character is a huge commitment to begin with while Lucas is commonly argued to be no better than mid mid tier at best. This being said, you have a hard to pull off strategy using a frustratingly difficult character to main and a character that's fairly mediocre. This is a non issue.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Roy hardly ever gets good press, I'm glad he got to show the character isn't as bad as most think.

What I won't be looking forward too, however, is people suggesting Roy might beat Mewtwo. Because he doesn't.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Two sets won by Luma Lunar Landing Bair so far.

Let's go for the hat trick now.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a stock or two with it versus Fatality. Falcon is especially vulnerable to LLbair, considering the way his arm clips up through the stage during upb. Rosa's floaty short hop gives the timing some much appreciate leeway against that particular recovery, as well. Then again, the rapid jab setup works fine against Falcon, so it'll be interesting to see what Dabuz goes with most of the time.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Roy hardly ever gets good press, I'm glad he got to show the character isn't as bad as most think.

What I won't be looking forward too, however, is people suggesting Roy might beat Mewtwo. Because he doesn't.

He actually kinda does.
But w/e.

(or to be more precise, the only high tier match up he doesn't really lose: disjoints and insane fast fall speed are helpful)

Last edited:

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
He actually kinda does.
But w/e.

(or to be more precise, the only high tier match up he doesn't really lose: disjoints and insane fast fall speed are helpful)
You mean Rosa vs Roy is slightly in Rosa's favor in your opinion?? Not really getting a clear grasp of your statement.

Top Bottom