• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Part X

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
In other news, Clutch City Clash (241 entrants) is going on right now, with Ally, Abadango, M2K, 6wx, Fatality, Scatt, Megafox, Reflex, and LordMix.

Scatt lost to someone called BC, apparently.
NikeRaptor > Kamicario
Gnes > Espy
Brawlman1000 > Reflex

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Really looking forward to LordMix actually, his Bowser hasn't really gotten the chance to shine against the bigger names.

I do think Bowser has a bit of potential, personally . Here is hoping LordMix proves it.

Also, is there a stream link, by any chance?

Last edited:

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
It should also be noted that BrawlMan1000, the Sonic who beat M2K at CEO, is there along with Samsora, #1 Ranked in Louisiana.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Also, is there a stream link, by any chance?
There's this, but it's on doubles right now.

It should also be noted that BrawlMan1000, the Sonic who beat M2K at CEO, is there along with Samsora, #1 Ranked in Louisiana.
He's actually projected to fight M2K winner's round 1 if he can beat Reflex.

Last edited:

-Tornado-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
I_Beat_You
Forgive me for being out of the loop, but why aren't Trela & The Wall there?
I would've expected them at a Texan tourney.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Illlusion and P2P are reppin' the frog. Illusion is in top 48 winners side. Should be fighting Lord Mix.

:150:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
In other news, Clutch City Clash (241 entrants) is going on right now, with Ally, Abadango, M2K, 6wx, Fatality, Scatt, Megafox, Reflex, and LordMix.

Scatt lost to someone called BC, apparently.
NikeRaptor > Kamicario
I'm probably wrong on this but isn't there a Villager player that goes by the tag BC? Is that who beat Scatt

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
LordMix :4bowser: and his partner :4bayonetta:(sorry can't remember name) in GFs vs M2K and Ally coming up soon.

Bowser and his weight makes such, such a huge difference in these matches combined with rage. He is regularly making it over 150% and it leads to massive comebacks (including a 2v1 comeback as Bowser vs Fox and Mario). Of course, Bowser's horrible landing options also show as he gets juggled hardcore. I think he is a very well balanced character in this game instead of being trash like previously.

Exciting stuff to watch as an inspired Bowser...err...secondary i guess.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Rebirth VIII Results 176 Entrants

1. Larry Lurr :4fox:
2. Zinoto :4diddy:
3. DMG Ryuga :4corrinf:
4. Rayquaza07:rosalina::4bowser:
5. MJG:4villager:
5. Ned :4cloud::4zss:
7. LOE1:4luigi:
7. DarkShadLegend:4ryu:
9. Blacktwins13:4mario::substitute: (He plays like 30 characters)
9. SETHsational :4falcon:
9. Nero:4pikachu:
9. Chris:4yoshi:
13. Cyco:4olimar:
13. A-fin:4lucas:
13. Colinies :4fox:
13.Smasher1001 :4megaman::4mario:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yeah, that's him.
This is fairly interesting to me because a lot of Villager players feel that Mega Man is one of his hardest matchups.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the matchup personally but I know that Villager can't play his normal game against Mega Man, he'll get destroyed.

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
Ally lost to Samsora earlier at CCC, a Peach player in R1 of winners. It seems a 3 stock format doesn't prevent big upsets. Edit: He qualifies for top 8 from losers.

Last edited:

my_T

Smash Journeyman
Samsora 2-0 Ally. Wow.
Not surprising. Peach (assuming Samsora used her) has a pretty good match-up against Mario. Both Ally, Anti, and Zenyou seem to struggle with this match-up. It isn't a hard loss or anything but Peach might actually have an advantage in this match-up based off of what i've seen at top level

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Samsora, Trevonte, and CaptainZack are 3/4 of winner's semis in a tournament featuring M2K, Ally, Scatt, and 6WX lol.

Last edited:

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
Lowers =/= Removes
M2K is now in losers as well. That's not to say they aren't losing to great players but definitely players ranked no doubt far below them. Anyway, 3 stocks might lower the chance but I think Smash 4's inconsistency isn't just about 2 stock formats.

Things like rage, lack of technical barriers and much more viable characters than other official Smash games are probably bigger culprits.

Rage and more viable characters/better balance is self-explanatory.

Technical barriers would be things like advanced movement techs (Smash 4 has a few but they are limited and rarely used) and SDI (top players in previous games would get out of so much that would be guaranteed on lower level players, SDI seems much more limited in S4 by comparison).

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
My first match in Road to Shine is against the MD/VA Pac-Man Zage.

welp

Edit: lol i got destroyed

I'll upload game 2 later, dude's a great player

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
What was super impressive was Samsora beating DJ Fliphop at the beginning of Winners top 48.

Diddy's keep getting caught by Parasol :colorful:

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
peach vs mk is impossible.
mk vs floaties in general is

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Think he plays both.

Which brings into question why he didn't just use Rosa to beat DJ Fliphop

EDIT: He's playing :4peach: vs Aba's :4metaknight:

3-1, Uair chains too strong
Is he going full MK or is this just a switch up?

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Regarding that last Match. That looked like the pre-patch Ladder instead of the following DI/Switching sides version that MK Leo did a lot of at SF5. Was Samsora not applying proper SDI? I wouldn't be surprised if this was case since most Smash 4 don't really bother with SDI.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait a minute... Wasn't Clutch City Clash redirected to this thread: smashboards.com/threads/summer-of-smash-part-x.440224/? Also, it doesn't help that the same discussions are happening in both threads... Have to look back at the thread title to make sure I didn't open one thread twice.
Think he plays both.

Which brings into question why he didn't just use Rosa to beat DJ Fliphop

EDIT: He's playing :4peach: vs Aba's :4metaknight:

3-1, Uair chains too strong
Up air chains are awful

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Abadango probably anticipated a Rosalina pick from Samsora and then just rolled with it when MK turned out to be working.

:059:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Regarding that last Match. That looked like the pre-patch Ladder instead of the following DI/Switching sides version that MK Leo did a lot of at SF5. Was Samsora not applying proper SDI? I wouldn't be surprised if this was case since most Smash 4 don't really bother with SDI.
im pretty sure the up air chains still work on floaties hence peach and rosa having awful MU with MK.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
User was warned for this post
>5 Usmashes in sequence

>1 finally connected

>"He had the read there."

I snorted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom