• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestions that you absolutely do not like. (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

T_T

Smash Cadet
-People that think Ridely "doesn't fit"
-Character removals
-Removing wavedashs
-Excessive amounts of 3rd party characters
-people that act like they have the game and know everything that will be in it
-The thought that Sonic is a guarantyed character

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Yeah....if there was one suggestion I have absolutely hated....it's Ridley.........

....As a Boss...ONLY?!?! WHY!?!? :mad:

You know what? This IS the only suggestion I've hated. What is the sense in making such a popular and important character Boss only? What is the sense of creating moves and attacks for Ridley, then torturing and taunting the fans by not making him playable? It simply is a dumb idea!

If Ridley is going to be a boss that you can fight, you mind as well go the extra couple of steps and give control of him to the players...especially the fans! Otherwise, if Ridley isn't going to be playable. . . Don't put him on the battlefield AT ALL!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Another suggestion I don't like is removing Marth and Roy just because those Fire Emblem games that they were in never released in the U.S.

RTRM

Smash Apprentice
Alameda, California (Right next to Oakland)
This is the best thread EVER!!! I really using getting ticked off at some ridiculous suggestions, said something about it, then got locked, so I"m glad this one is still up. Oh man, I love when people hate stuff. YES YES THIS THREAD FOR PRESIDENT!!!

*edit* whoops, almost forgot to contribute!

I pretty much hate EVERY character suggestion suggested on this board becuase I don't think people realize WHY Nintendo PUTS characters in the game. Every character in SSBM was MODERATELY popular. Sure, CF, Ness, Fire Emblem outside of Japan not so popular, but the heart of SSB is in the characters popularity.

It's a Popularity Contest, and all stupid characters will lose, like the following I REALLY hated hearing about.

-Little Mac
- Ridley
- Dark Samus
- Animal Crossing Characters
- ****ing Sonic and Tails
- Petey Pirhana (He's a ****ing plant!)
- Link's Uncle? WTF?
- Red the Pokemon Trainer? HIS NAME IS RED!! NUFF SAID
- Anymore Pokemon than they already have(Only jiggs was any good anyway)

THESE SUGGESTIONS IS WHY NINTENDO WON't COME TO THIS BOARD FOR IDEAS! THANKS!

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
More suggestions I hate:
  • No clones
  • No items
  • No unlockables
  • No wavedashing

I'll be back when I think of more...

Eaode

Smash Champion
And to go back to the Ridley argument for a bit, thank you Anomilus. If he were a boss he would be playable. It makes no sense. And it would take even more creativity to twist and change him to be a bowser clone, than it would to give him his own moves in the first place. Could you imagine Ridley curling into a ball and spinning on his back? He'd be BREAKDANCING!!!

Another suggestion I really hated was the idea of everyone having 3 midair jumps. What the hell?? It'd be almost impossible to kill people without a ******** smash KO, eliminating edgeguarding for good. And what would happen to the already multi jumpers? Kirby, Jigglypuff (and possibly meta kniht and pit) wouldn't be special anymore if just anyone can multijump. or would they all get 10 jumps now?

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eaode said:
And to go back to the Ridley argument for a bit, thank you Anomilus. If he were a boss he would be playable. It makes no sense.
Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser aren't playable without Action Replay >_<

But basically : Bump

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
RTRM said:
Punch Out!! was a pretty dumb game in my opinion. Besides, he has like what, 4 pixels of animation? I don't think it's going to fit into a "next-gen" game at all.
Wtf Punch-Out!! did you play?

icymatt

Smash Lord
RTRM said:
Punch Out!! was a pretty dumb game in my opinion. Besides, he has like what, 4 pixels of animation? I don't think it's going to fit into a "next-gen" game at all.
Wait...what? That doesn't make any sense.

I mean, the Ice Climbers and Mr.Game&Watch had less, but it doesn't matter.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I hate people who are stuck in the mindset that if Red were to make it, that he could only throw Pokeballs. I also hate it when those same people want Little Mac even though all he does in his games is punch. I also hate it when people try to justify Captain Falcon as a fighter even though all he does in his games is drive a ****ing car. That didn't stop him from getting in, so why should it stop others like Tom Nook or Red? I'll even admit Little Mac has a chance even though I hate his guts.

Pretty much, I hate double standards and people assuming that Nintendo isn't creative enough to give characters like that movesets.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
I didn't enjoy Punch-Out too much either, but I think Little Mac would be a great addition.

I would talk about other ideas I dislike, but I can't think of any bad level/item/mode ideas I've heard.. :dizzy:

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
I am really irritated by people who want the Hammer Bros. or Plusle and Minun to be a duo, like the Ice Climbers, or have Link transform like Zelda/Sheik. The reason? Those quirks make those characters fun and unique. With transformations and dual-characters generalized, it takes the whole fun, special quality out of them.

What I dislike even more is the fact that a few people have actually made character creation topics. Do I need to explain this? It's "Nintendo's All-Stars" fighting, not random character 12. Which brings me to my next point, obscure suggestions. Nobody really wants Link's Uncle, General Pepper, or Cranky Kong added, do they? They're not "all-stars".

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What I really, REALLY hate with all my heart is people whp don't read the entire post, then c omment on how stupid it is. Over half of the character Movesets I post I don't su[pport or want t see in Brawl, but I still get stupid stuff like "OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME YOU KIDDING WHEN YOU WANT THJESE GUYS IN BRAWL" or "THIS S*** IS STUPID, HE HAS NO CHANCE TO BE IN"

IT PISSES ME OFF SO BAD! :smiliegor

Soanevalck said:
chuck norris is severely overrated
I also hate it when people say this too :chainsaw:

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite confused on this topic, since this here is the "General Brawl Discussion" not the "Brawl Character Discussion"... Around maybe over 90% of this post is about character placement and such, so wouldn't this go to the "Brawl Character Discussion"???

As for what I do/don't want implemented:

DO Want:
~ Return of SSB64 Smash Bumper item
~ More mini-games
~ Better AI
~ More cowbells
~ Other weapons beside one handed swords (staffs, bows, knives, spears, axes, super large swords)
~ More female characters

DON'T Want
~ Abusable glitches (IC Freeze, Mewtwo Drag Down, etc)
~ Less one handed swords...

T-major

Smash Champion
Ridley - Apparently he has a huge fanbase, because everywhere I go it seems that everybody wants him to make an appearance in Smash. I just can't see it happening. I've been convinced that the size argument is pointless and he could very well have a moveset, but even still I just think having him in the game would be a stupid idea. I honestly think he would look ridiculous in the game. I think if he does get into the game, he should be a boss of adventure mode or something. NOT a playable character.
you fail on so many levels that it's rediculous.

as for what I hate. People basing characters in Brawl on Melee performance. why do people even bother to bring this up? how a character performed in Melee has absolutly NO bearing what so ever when it comes to Brawl. it's a logical fact. I see crazy people saying things like "mewtwo should go, because he sucks" which is stupid, because he would be redone to be good in Brawl, and the fact that he deserves to be in Brawl means it shouldn't matter if he sucks or not. I acualy heard someone say that they should remove DONKEY KONG, because he was bad in melee..... what the hell!?! why the frigg would you even think thats a logical reason!? I don't wan't to go into why that makes no sense, because it should be self explanatory.

another thing I hate is people sugesting Diddy and Dixie be a team character (like Ice Climbers)... this is friggin' stupid people. not only is Diddy WAY more important then Dixie, but they both have more then enough moves to be their own seperate characters. how the idea of them being a team even started is beyond me.

::EDIT::

can't belive I forgot about this. I can't stand it when people say "we have too many sword users already! we don't need anymore!".... seriously, someone explain to me how this makes any logical sense what so ever!?

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
another thing I hate is people sugesting Diddy and Dixie be a team character (like Ice Climbers)... this is friggin' stupid people. not only is Diddy WAY more important then Dixie, but they both have more then enough moves to be their own seperate characters. how the idea of them being a team even started is beyond me.

::EDIT::

can't belive I forgot about this. I can't stand it when people say "we have too many sword users already! we don't need anymore!".... seriously, someone explain to me how this makes any logical sense what so ever!?
Well, now kinda thinking about it, Diddy and Dixie sure does look ohkay together... Hey, if it works in Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES, then it could work in SSBB

Well, as for swords, there isn't any proof of any Marth/Roy return, but Brawl gots 2 characters already with one-handed swords (Link and Meta Knight, Pit uses a swallow)... People wants variety in the whole characters with one-handed sword thing...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I do like this suggestion, but all the sword talk and every1 saying a new type of weapon user, I brought this up:

Black knight= 2 handed sword (he can carry it with one hand but its a 2 handed sword, if hes powerful enough to carry it with one meh, doesnt chage the fact of the sword)...

BK FTW!!...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I do like this suggestion, but all the sword talk and every1 saying a new type of weapon user, I brought this up:

Black knight= 2 handed sword (he can carry it with one hand but its a 2 handed sword, if hes powerful enough to carry it with one meh, doesnt chage the fact of the sword)...

BK FTW!!...
I would like in fact like someone to wield a large sword instead of a wimpy one-handed sword... I would also like more variety in weapons like spears, javelins, mace, staffs, ax, etc...

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Here's mine.

Wolf Link: It's the same reason I want Dr. Mario and Young Link out of Brawl. A character should not appear twice in one game unless they transform. I want to play as Midna and I firmly believe that Wolf Link will hamper that experiance. Therefore, I say "death to the doggie."

Those who don't want Marth: I have this to say. Get over the fact that you can't beat him, and respect the fact he started one of the greatest Nintendo franchises ever. He deserves to come back, and you're just jealous.

Cloud/Sephiroth/Master Chief supporters: No. But an X-Box 360 or a PS3 and deal with it.

Anyone who wants more Pokemon: Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu are more than enough to represent the series, and we don't need 2nd, 3rd, or any further generations of Pokemon. Oh and for the record. Stop clogging the character discussion with any and all pokemon that suddenly pop into your mind just so you can say you started a post.

There. I'm done.

Croco

Smash Lord
Here's mine.

Wolf Link: It's the same reason I want Dr. Mario and Young Link out of Brawl. A character should not appear twice in one game unless they transform. I want to play as Midna and I firmly believe that Wolf Link will hamper that experiance. Therefore, I say "death to the doggie."
-SPOILER WARNING-
Midna in her REAL form at the end of Zelda: TP I could see happening. Not her tiny CURSED form which we see her mostly through the game.

I also believe that Samus will only transform into Zero Suit Samus under certain conditions during game play. This goes with what you where saying about Dr. Mario and Young Link. I feel she will not be a separate character.

You never know though.. Maybe Link will transform into young link under certain conditions also. The same goes for Mario to Dr. Mario.. (Not that I want it to happen, but you never know.)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate when people keep thinking of ways to make Samus transform into Zamus, she should be separate it's simple and requires no thought, plus you have less to worry about if you are a Samus player (you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally transforming into Zamus).

I also hate Super Smashes so any suggestion involving them I stay away from.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people keep thinking of ways to make Samus transform into Zamus, she should be separate it's simple and requires no thought, plus you have less to worry about if you are a Samus player (you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally transforming into Zamus).

i agree...exept i like super smashes

Stryks

Smash Hero

Sure its simple, but doubt it, since sakurai stated that samus will transform into zamus "under certain conditions", I doubt those conditions are: If u choose samus on the character select ur samus, and if u slect zamus in the character select ur zamus...

Supers are aweomse and IMO it was a mataer of time b4 it happen...

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
I dislike the fact that most of teh stages they've shown in the trailers were on the small side.

Huge, epic stages FTW.

I also dislike the idea of a single-enemy and multi-enemy super smash. or a super smash charge-up guage that fills when you hit people.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

BK FTW!!...
2 dual swords at the same time? By the pit, that's genius!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I like how you totally misinterpreted Stryks' post, shadenexus.

No Squaresoft characters. No Microsoft-owned characters. Not only are they not 3rd party characters, they are like 5.76 times 10 to the 21st powerd party characters.

Bomberman. Ooh, nice moveset! Wow, this time I pulled out a red bomb! More bombs! Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm gonna throw some bombs at you!

...No.

People who say Ridley should not be in. Ridley as a boss character is exactly what people do NOT want in Brawl and size issues can be easily taken care of. He can fly? Well, he can walk too. And if he can't, they can make him. If he can fly, they can clip his wings. They can do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT to balance the gameplay. He could be in pretty easily.

I'm too busy to vent any more, but these are the huge ones.

I absolutly loath suggestions for obscure and retarted characters(Gimmick is one)..

I also hate :

-Bomberman..

-Anyone who doesn't want Ridley over Dark Samus.

-Team Character suggestions.

-Super Tournament up-tight people who hate Super Moves for no reason.

-People who want live chat in brawl

-people who want to nerf characters so that the playing grounds will be"fair".

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm against:

-"Slowing down" the game -- Whether it be through the simplifying of the combat system or the apparent increase in freeze frames, it's simply another sacrifice to appeal to the masses rather than satisfying the more devoted fanbase, an action I never agree with.

-Decloning -- There's a reason I main Falco and not Fox. There's a reason I play Captain and not Ganon. There's a reason I prefer Roy over Marth. Those reasons make the characters different enough for me to choose one over the other. What's there to achieve by making them even more different if they're already to the point that I'll have a preference between them?

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I like how you totally misinterpreted Stryks' post, shadenexus.

No Squaresoft characters. No Microsoft-owned characters. Not only are they not 3rd party characters, they are like 5.76 times 10 to the 21st powerd party characters.

Bomberman. Ooh, nice moveset! Wow, this time I pulled out a red bomb! More bombs! Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm gonna throw some bombs at you!

...No.

People who say Ridley should not be in. Ridley as a boss character is exactly what people do NOT want in Brawl and size issues can be easily taken care of. He can fly? Well, he can walk too. And if he can't, they can make him. If he can fly, they can clip his wings. They can do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT to balance the gameplay. He could be in pretty easily.

I'm too busy to vent any more, but these are the huge ones.
Zephyr. If you think Ridley would fit into Smash, and Bomberman wouldn't, you are blind. Hate is a strong word, but I do get annoyed at people who don't understand.

--------------------------------------------

Look at all of the characters in Melee. Note that they are all humanoid. Personally, I believe that all additions to the roster should be humanoid and/or relatively close to the SIZE of a human.

Their are two different kinds of bosses/villains. There are those who are humanoid/human sized (who are often more powerful than bigger enemies, as thousands of animes/RPGs have shown). Then there are the monstrous villains, who are pawns, and are cool because of their monster-like attributes.

Yes, Ridley can be shrunk. Yes, Ridley can be stripped of his ability of fly. I know you said that you don't want Ridley as a boss characte,r but he simply cannot be given any other way. Unlike Bowser, or Ganondorf, he is not a villain. He is simply a monster used by Mother Brain/the Space Pirates. Even a generic Space Pirate, or any of the Hunters from Metroid Hunters, or even Dark Samus, would fit better into Smash because of they are humanoid and human sized.

Imagine playing Metroid and meeting up w/ a tiny Ridley. It wouldn't be ridley! Following Omega Pirate and other monstrous bosses, he'd be stupid. Unlike Ganondorf and Bowser, Ridley's coolness comes in part from his MONSTROUS SIZE. I love Ridley alot. But he wouldn't be the same.

Bomberman, on the flip side, would actually fit nicely. I can think of a fairly decent moveset for him off the top of my head. Sure, all his powers would be bomb-based, but it's not like only using bombs got boring in the Bomberman games themselves. Also, using bombs is perhaps the most fun part of Link/Y. Link.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another thing that annoys me is the idea of Sephiroth/Cloud/Sora/Master Chief joining the roster.

It's not so much that they wouldn't fit (Sora would actually fit very well I think), but more that there's almost 0% chance of it happening, so dreaming of it will only give you greater pain when you finally come to the realization that it's not happening.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Your Ridley argument is flawed simply through the fact that being humanoid was a requirement for Melee. Yet, is Bowser any more humanoid than Ridley? Is Jigglypuff or is Kirby? Perhaps you should take another look at the roster, because I don't think that birds are humanoid at all. Ridley's size has been changed throughout every Metroid game, and his Metroid size is considered huge in comparison to other games by fans of the ENTIRE series. If you watch the intro movie in Melee, you'll notice that Ridley is perfectly sized for smash. It's the same case with Bowser.

Now, for Bomberman. Perhaps I misworded my thoughts in my other post. I believe that he might be a suitable character for smash, but there are much better candidates like Ridley and a few others I could mention. His uses of bombs in the Bomberman games never got boring because those games were centered around the bombs. Brawl, I'm assuming, will not be based around usage of bombs, therefore his moves could get quite bland after a while. They would lack in variety. Also, using bombs with the Links could be considered fun because they are often used in conjunction with other mini-weapons like the boomerang and their bows. But bomb -> bomb combos? If you can see that happening, that's fine by me, but I won't have him on my Brawl wish-list.

Zephyr. If you think Ridley would fit into Smash, and Bomberman wouldn't, you are blind. Hate is a strong word, but I do get annoyed at people who don't understand.

--------------------------------------------
Sir,your incompetence makes you as blind the cloak of night...

You seem to lack understanding in video game design,and the possibility that you can physicaly alter a character.Just look at bowser,who's average siz was altered through many games,from average,large,and to gigantic(Super Mario Sunshine).

Look at all of the characters in Melee. Note that they are all humanoid. Personally, I believe that all additions to the roster should be humanoid and/or relatively close to the SIZE of a human.
The characters such as bowser have been altered greatly in size.It is still possible to simply make him about the size of bowser.If you had the common sense,you would have relized that characters in video games can me altered to fit the situated character..

Their are two different kinds of bosses/villains. There are those who are humanoid/human sized (who are often more powerful than bigger enemies, as thousands of animes/RPGs have shown). Then there are the monstrous villains, who are pawns, and are cool because of their monster-like attributes.
This becomes insignificant when you apply GRAPHIC DESIGN!!

Yes, Ridley can be shrunk. Yes, Ridley can be stripped of his ability of fly. I know you said that you don't want Ridley as a boss characte,r but he simply cannot be given any other way. Unlike Bowser, or Ganondorf, he is not a villain. He is simply a monster used by Mother Brain/the Space Pirates. Even a generic Space Pirate, or any of the Hunters from Metroid Hunters, or even Dark Samus, would fit better into Smash because of they are humanoid and human sized.
There are several ways for Ridly to fit into the game,because you have a lack luster doesn't mean that the character won't fit.

Ridley is one of the primary villans in the Metroid series.In Super Metroid for the SNES,he captures the only captive Metroid,and then triggers the destruction of the space colony SR-388,during that time,Samus barely escapes and heads off to find the Metroid and Ridley.

So technically,he can fit in the"villan"category.

Sure you can Strip ridley of his ablity to fly,but he can still use his wings for multiple jumps.And how can Ridley not fit when he has a massive arsenal of weapons with armor?Not to mention sharp caws,and shoot plasma breath.How cant that be a great character.Not to mention he is in the up coming Metroid Prime 3 corruption,and when i was on the show floor at E3 last year,i played it,and guess who was the boss on the demo..that's right...RIDEY!!!

Smash Bros. accumiates characters of all shapes and sizes.And if the game contained all humanoids,i guess we have to eiminate Pikachu,Game & Watch,JigglyPuff,Ice Climbers,Kirby,and Bowser.It's only fair,right?

Imagine playing Metroid and meeting up w/ a tiny Ridley. It wouldn't be ridley! Following Omega Pirate and other monstrous bosses, he'd be stupid. Unlike Ganondorf and Bowser, Ridley's coolness comes in part from his MONSTROUS SIZE. I love Ridley alot. But he wouldn't be the same.
I guess it would make too much sense to make him this size,wouldn't it?

Bomberman, on the flip side, would actually fit nicely. I can think of a fairly decent moveset for him off the top of my head. Sure, all his powers would be bomb-based, but it's not like only using bombs got boring in the Bomberman games themselves. Also, using bombs is perhaps the most fun part of Link/Y. Link.
I find it ironic that you believe that all of Bomberman's moves will be bomb based,yet you claim that another person lacks an imagination.

Thanks alot for giving half-baked reasons why you believe that Ridley can't fit.Try thinking before your post....

Top Bottom