• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestions that you absolutely do not like. (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yea Wavedashing. I have a few of my hates about that

1. I hate the people who say Wavedashing should be taken out because it sucks.
2. I hate the people who tell those people they suck because they can't wavedash.
3. Basically I hate all the people who argue about Wavedashing

I personally think it's to the point where they should just remove wavedashing (if it's even in their control) just so people can stop complaining and screaming. Seriously Im sick of all these topics where a person goes "I DONT LIEK WAVEDASHING" Then the next person goes "YOU SUCK BECUZ U CANT DO IT!!!" Shut the hell up, you don't need to wavedash to be a pro at the game. I saw a Link player kick KEN's *** without wavedashing. That should be a sign.
(I have the video if you want me to send it to you)

Just get rid of it, it causes to much argument, and it's not even needed to become good at the game. There are other ways to invoke mindgames and all that ****.

And for the record, I CAN wavedash.

EDIT: Oh yea and I hate when people compare Snaking in Mario Kart DS to Wavedashing. They're completely different. Snaking game that player a 100% edge over a non-snaker, and thats unfair to the noobs. I snaked, and if it was a 4 player noob match I'd just play along with them, and not snake. Wavedashing DOESNT give you a 100% edge. It's completely different.

Koops

Smash Journeyman
behind your left ear where it's always itchy
i can't wavedash but I DON'T CARE. who cares if i'm a 'noob' because i'm not, i can do a lot more than quite a lot of the people here, and also, I hate people who think certain characters are for noobs, for example marth, how is he? he can be good and bad at the same time, just when using different strategies.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Kal aMari said:
Red the Pokemon trainer: A character who only throws Pokeballs? Defeats the whole purpose of having Pokeballs as an item, yes?
Well than again =/.
Screw Attack - Samus
Fire Flower - Bowser
Parasol - Peach
Ray Gun - Falco

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually branching off of Koops post.

I hate people who pick Marth and nobody else, because thats the only character they're good with. Thats all my friend does. He doesn't play to have fun at all.

Even though I kick his ***. He lost in a duel against me when I picked Jigglypuff >_<

Eaode

Smash Champion
-I hate that people think if Ridley were in the game, he'd only be a boss. Why the hell would they work to create an original character and make him frickin awesome just to make him unplayable!?
-I hate people who suggest DBZ characters. WTF? They're anime characters!! I know they have games, but those are BASED OFF THE SHOW. They have NO affiliation to nintendo whatsoever. In addition to that, I hate when people suggest ANY tv show characters. That means you, Naruto.
-I hate when people suggest they should take out items completely. Items are one of the main things that seperates smash from other fighting games.
-I HATE the idea of a slower smash, To that one guy in the audience who couldn't keep up with the speed, LEARN TO PLAY!
-I Hate ******** character suggestions, like the pong paddles, tetris pieces, coin from SMB, Master chief, and etc etc ETC!

Ah, that's enough hate for now, right?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Suggestions I don't like:

-Dr. Mario and Pichu staying in the game: They're useless. There's much better Mario and Pokemon characters out there. Besides neither of those are popular enough.

-No unlockables: That's destroying part of the game's replay value.

-Any other Sonic characters: They have no chance. We aren't gonna get much Third PArty anyway.

-Wind Waker Link: He's just Young Link cel-shaded. Nuff said.

-Dark Samus: We don't 3 Samuses

-Paper Mario: Another MArio? Gimme a break.

-Personalized Adventure Mode: If I wanted that, I'll just go play the characters' respective games.

-FF7 Characters: They never appeared on Nintendo

-Sora: Do I need to even mention anything?

-Link's Uncle: WTH?

-The loads of double-team characters: We don't need copies of the Ice Climbers

-Level/Character Editor: Isn't needed, otherwise you might as well add Master Chief and Cloud.

-Those who whine just because there's 3rd party characters in Brawl: Just shut up and live with it.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Somebody said they should take out ITEMS?!?!

WTF

Items are like a main part of SSB. Sure in tournament use they should be taken out, but in regular play items add to the chaos and make the game more fun. IF people get pissy about playing with items, because they're losing, then they need to chill out, have fun, and stop being a freaking sore loser.

My friends would always turn off items because apparently they're too cheap. Well maybe if they freaking took time to figure out a way to COUNTER Items. HELL A KIRBY PLAYER COULD SUCK IN A PERSON WITH A HAMMER, SPIT HIM OFF A CLIFF AND HE GETS AN INSTANT KO. NOT THAT DIFFICULT. >_<. OH YEA AND THE HEART PIECE THAT SPAWNED RIGHT NEXT TO YOU IS NOT CHEAP BUT IF IT APPEARS NEXT TO ME IT IS RIGHT?!?!

Sorry...just got some built up Item Anger Issues >_>

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Koops said:
i can't wavedash but I DON'T CARE. who cares if i'm a 'noob' because i'm not, i can do a lot more than quite a lot of the people here, and also, I hate people who think certain characters are for noobs, for example marth, how is he? he can be good and bad at the same time, just when using different strategies.
Yeesh, kinda like how my friend thinks it's strange for me using Kirby, who is apparently a "beginner" character. Then again, he has a lot of weird logic. :rolleyes:

I don't see how anyone could want to take out items. Even though I always get blown up and lose lives because of them..but that's still fun too. :laugh:

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I am so freakin tired of people bashing 3rd party characters. How in the hell will Sonic ruin your Smash experience? When I use him to Kick your @$$ across the screen; that’s how he’s going to ruin your smash experience! And don’t get me started on Geno! ~ Oh, but he’s not owned by Nintendo ~ OMG, how freakin stupid can you possibly be?!?! Geno is a star of one of the best selling RPG’s ever centered around the Mario Universe and then he just made a Cameo appearance on top of that, if there’s one thing you should know already, Nintendo likes to drop hints….Some people are just to dumb to catch them. Then there’s the case for Snake, awww you poor little baby….he’s to realistic you say? Who gives a ****, he AND SONIC are already in the game, so get over it. I can’t wait until they reveal Sonic as a character so that I can LMFAO! And now, let’s talk about King Dede….he’s in it; King K Rool….yeah you guessed it….he’s in it! So please stop posting these dumb @$$ threads about how they’re going to be clones and simply won’t fit in with the rest of the Smash Cast. LOL, please tell me how a Dinosaur with a blackhole for a stomach, an electric rat that shoots lightning out of it’s @$$ in every direction; 2 living marshmallows that fly; and racing fool from the future have in common. Absolutely nothing, and yes you smart @$$, I KNOW THAT THEY ARE ALL NINTENDO CHARACTERS. And then there is the controversy that has been plaguing the boards in regards to Diddy Kong and/or Dixie Kong….Guess what, It’s not like that either of them is going to be top tier when you have the likes of TP Link, Metaknight, Pit, Snake, and Sonic to deal with…so I could care less, I just hate people who B*#$% about them. Oh yeah, that reminds me >>>>No you ******, they are not going to put Shadow in the game as a separate character, he’s going to be an alternate costume of Sonic. Why? Because I said so! Ok, moving on….if Petey Parana and Waluigi are in the game…..who cares, at least they’ll be fun to beat the living crap out of. If they made it into Nintendo’s MOST popular racing franchise, I’m willing to bet that the both of them will make it into Nintendo’s MOST popular fighter series….LOL ok! The last one was a joke, if Petey Piranha makes it in, I’m going to shoot myself. I can’t believe that I almost forgot about Crash Bandicoot, NEWS FLASH PPL, Sony does infact own his rights! Sony purchased Naughty Dog back in 2001. Since then however, Naughty Dog’s attention has been focused solely on the development of the Jak and Daxter series. With that being said, they haven’t even developed a game for Crash Bandicoot since 2000, so they certainly do not have a problem with allowing developers like Dimps (currently developing the DS game Crash Boom Bang) to take the steering wheel. However, he has just as much of a chance at getting in SSBB as Rayman does, slim to nothing…LOL. Anyway, I’m just sick of people branding him as having no history with Nintendo when he has actually been featured on the Nintendo Gamecube and will be on the DS. Correct me if I’m wrong, but does that not leave him in the running in regards to Sakurai’s statement concerning the inclusion of characters. Eitherway, I could care less because he would end up being a Luigi clone…LOL a clone of a clone. Lastly, let’s take a moment to remember all the B******g mourning the loss of Melee’s greatest glitch, Wavedashing! I really can’t believe the competitive play in the world of Smash was based solely on mastering a glitch. Well, now that I think of it, I did the same thing with Missingno in the days before pokemon were whored out. And who in the hell wanted Missingno as a character, come here immediately so that I can B**** slap you. Anyway, If wavedashing is in…Great! It won’t be a glitch this time and I’m sure that it will be even easier to execute, and if it’s not…cry me a river. When it all boiled down to it in Melee, there was those that dashed and then there was those that did not. I wonder who won? And yes smart @$$, I know how to wavedash! I just can’t believe that at one point, over ten threads featured the issue of its inclusion in Brawl. Well boys and girls, there it is….everything on the boards today that I can possibly rant about….at least for now.

Master_B*#$ Out!...oops, I mean Sheik. LOL!

Eaode

Smash Champion
I hate when people make stupid claims like they know what's in the game and what's not. Like they have the FINISHED game in front of them and have played it, beat it, and memorized it. These are the same people who screw around with Wikipedia and spread those ******* rumors.

EDIT: sorry, Vaztor, I had just realized that nobody said it.

:smiliegor
.....^ ******** suggestions.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Master_Sheik said:
" if Petey Piranha makes it in, I’m going to shoot myself."
Master_ Sheik, your words are like poetry, thrown into one huge wall of text.

Although it was probably the first wall of text I actually read XD

Yea thats another thing, I hate all the people saying Sonic is not going to get in, and they claim that there is no way until hell freezes over. What these people don't seem to realize is that Sonic, JUST LIKE SOLID SNAKE was planned to make an appearance in Melee. Don't believe me?

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4200/nakaedgehighlight3vj.jpg

There is some proof. Now you have no reason NOT to believe me. I think that article should be as good as proof as any that Sonic has atleast a 90% chance of making an appearance in the game. There are plenty more arguments to SUPPORT sonic, then there are AGAINST Sonic.

P.S. Eaode that was kind of obvious >_< try to stray away from that please, and do not counter that.... anybody.

Just trying to keep the topic clean XD

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Bad Dudes. Because the whole idea/game sucks.

The companies have been eaten by Sega.

As do any other "4w3s0m3" characters that would smash your game disc and cause
your brand new HDTVs to smash.

These threads were brought to "brawl character discussion" by morons (Sorry, nomis)
and they continually reciev people's support. These people, and their supporters,
are morons.

Stafy's been suggested already. I can only really see him being a trophy.
The cartoon is animated much like Doraemon.

I hate people who don't want more third party characters,
someone even said they should remove SNAKE before the game is released.
These people suck, and have no sense of fun whatsoever.
These people would rather play as a Shy-Guy than Play as Sonic.
That is stupid, as a shy guy is a great way to waste disc space.

Who the f*ck said no unlockables?
That thread pissed me off so much, it's dumb.
I LOVE unlocking stuff! Having 30+ characters available at the start is
going to make the casual n00b think wtf?
And then all the stages will be there, and they'll be like "hey what can I unlock"
And then to people who've never played smash or have never been to a tournament
will think "buying this game was a total waste of time and money"
because there is nothing to do except play against level 9 computers.
I delete my data when I get bored of old games just to unlock all the stuff again.
Removing the excitement of getting a new character for the first time ia the worst
idea I have ever heard.

Then there was the "maybe there should be a cheat..." NO! NO!
Having cheats in the game to unlock everything PROMOTES cheating
and makes the game MUCH LESS FUN, because people will unlock everything right
away and the game will instantly lose ALL its lifespan and will only be used for
tournament play, cutting out a vast majority of Smah players who live nowhere near
any tournament zones.

The only cheats should be things
that are IMPOSSIBLE to get in the main game, but nothing majorly game changing.
I still think that having any form of cheat code besides Action Replay
is an AWFUL idea.

Someone else said "remove the items" SCREW THAT FOOL!
I go to my cousin's house and play against people worse than me
(With the exception of my cousin himself) and the only way they
can win is when the items are on. And frankly, me beating the crap out
of them is just no fun anymore, and they want to play something else.
Items make the game MORE balanced, because there is no item
that anybody can't use, and good luck plays a bigger part.

EDIT: Wow, I had a lot to say >.<

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
No more Earthbound characters. I see tons of people suggesting that we put in silly Mother characters. Ness is a terrible enough character on his own, and annoying to boot. Sure, it's nostalgia and all, but they would fight very similar to Ness. Ness fights in a horrible fashion. I'd like him removed, but there's no way he will be. So, cut off Mother while we still can!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I hate it when people say that a character won't fit in because of the graphic style of the game they were in. I mean, 12 of the playable characters were redesigned to fit into the first game and 26 of them were redesigned to fit into SSBM. Seeing how nine of the characters shown so far have been redesigned to fit into this game I think there are moderately high chances of some characters being translated into the somewhat realistic 3D style of SSB. Whether it be from sprite to fully detailed 3D like Samus (in the first game), the Ice Climbers, and Pit or from sprite and clay to full 3D like Ness. Or maybe the clunky looking OoT Link being redesigned to the awesome looking one in SSBM.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Bad Dudes. Because the whole idea/game sucks.

The companies have been eaten by Sega.

As do any other "4w3s0m3" characters that would smash your game disc and cause
your brand new HDTVs to smash.
Now THAT would be awesome.

Guy A: Hey dude, let's pick the Bad Dudes!
Guy B: Alright dude!
Announcer: Ready, FIGHT!
Bad Dudes: TV EXPLOSION ATTACK
Guy A: What the hell? MY TV!!!
Guy B: What's that coming out of the screen?

For those of you who are wondering why SSJ4Kazuki called me a moron, here are the threads:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73464
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73080

Vaztor said:
1. I hate the people who say Wavedashing should be taken out because it sucks.
2. I hate the people who tell those people they suck because they can't wavedash.
3. Basically I hate all the people who argue about Wavedashing

EDIT: Oh yea and I hate when people compare Snaking in Mario Kart DS to Wavedashing. They're completely different. Snaking game that player a 100% edge over a non-snaker, and thats unfair to the noobs. I snaked, and if it was a 4 player noob match I'd just play along with them, and not snake. Wavedashing DOESNT give you a 100% edge. It's completely different.
Response to your list: YOU SUCK LMAO AND CAN'T WAVEDASH LMAO
I was there when they brought up the snaking comparison. The only reason why I didn't respond is because of what you said; it's moronic to think that they're in the same context.
Noypi_GjD said:
Well than again =/.
Screw Attack - Samus
Fire Flower - Bowser
Parasol - Peach
Ray Gun - Falco
At least those characters were made to/can fight. Red, on the other hand, is a pansy *** Pokemon trainer. And BTW, Fire Flower = Mario and Parasol = Kirby.

Wall of TextMaster_Shiek: Dinosaur with a black hole for a stomach; good one.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
A few more things to ***** about, and a correction:

1. I can't STAND people who don't actually fight, and just dodge, dodge, wavedash. How is that fun? I've been linked to so many articles and arguments before for *****ing about it, how "Waa it just means they're better than you" or "they're not being cheap, they're using the game to its fullest" or "Get better and use it back against them." No, screw that. I play Smash Bros. to relax. Not to fight some small-balled douchebag who thinks he's hot **** if he can roll around a level and toss me as his main mode of attack. Even worse are these same ****ers who, in a situation with 4 players, avoid all contact, then grab the weakest players and throw them off the stage. EVEN WORSE is when they dominate the controls and refuse to behave if we don't turn off items and pick Pokemon Stadium/Final Destination/Corneria. And if we kick them out, they whine and whine and whine and it just pisses me the **** off. I can't STAND people who don't see that the game is just a ****ing game, and there's more than one way to enjoy it, and majority ****ing rules. Cocksuckers.

2. Blaziken is STILL a terrible idea. He has no personality. Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, and JPuff are all mascot characters. They all have personality, spunk, character! Blaziken is a ****ing giant chicken that just goes "BLAZIKEN! KEN! BLAZE!" and fights like Captain Falcon with the stats of Falco. Not original, uber gay, and completely unwelcome in MY Smash Bros.

...and the correction XD Pokemon games are still HUGE in the West, don't forget that *nod*

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
90% of the posts in this thread have been about characters that people don't want to see in Brawl. There already is a Characters you don't want to see in Brawl thread in the Brawl Character Discussion subforum. General Brawl Discusion is for discussing everything about Brawl EXCEPT for the characters that should/shouldn't be included. If you want to discuss characters, go over there.

I'll let this thread stay open if people keep discussing about things other than characters that they don't want to see in Brawl, like items, gameplay modes, stages, etc. I'll warn anyone for spam if they mention a character in this thread. Everyone understand?

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
*edit* this Post was about character(s), but while I was typing this, the post about the other character thread/spamming was made, and I just read that. So, yeah.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I hate almost every single character idea put out there yet. I also dont like countering moves that someone posted a few moment ago. And some people have tried to argue WDing out of the game. Fortunately, they were all noobs who couldn't do it and their arguements sucked.
Edit: Taking out multiplayer is the worst idea ever.

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
i really, really, reeeeally hate people that suggest the weakest of the weakest pokemon

i also hate people that suggest normal pokemon like meowth, because in case nobody realized, normal pokemon all suck and there isnt a person with a pokemon game out there that has a normal pokemon as part of their "battle" party

i also really despise people that have suggested raichu or plusle/minum...thats the stupidest fanboyism out there, and to continue with that, i hate people that suggest to have another ice climber type character, for god's sake, you don't even use the ice climers and everyone should want to see NEW playstyles, not cloned playstyles

...i hate people that suggest chuck norris/bill gates and think its funny, its not, its stupid, and chuck norris is severely overrated

i hate people that say paper mario is a bad idea

hopefully i said one thing that hasnt been said already...

nomis

Smash Journeyman
^^^ A severe case of 'not-reading-previous-post-syndrome.'

You can tell from that person's actions that, indeed, there is something horribly wrong with the subject's intelligence. To simply use the mouse to click page numbers and to scroll down to read previous posts is, simply put, the utterly most difficult task to accomplish.

Allow me to quote JUST a few posts prior to this one:
Oro said:
90% of the posts in this thread have been about characters that people don't want to see in Brawl. There already is a Characters you don't want to see in Brawl thread in the Brawl Character Discussion subforum. General Brawl Discusion is for discussing everything about Brawl EXCEPT for the characters that should/shouldn't be included. If you want to discuss characters, go over there.

I'll let this thread stay open if people keep discussing about things other than characters that they don't want to see in Brawl, like items, gameplay modes, stages, etc. I'll warn anyone for spam if they mention a character in this thread. Everyone understand?
Allow me to answer for Soanevalck to Oro's question: No.

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
nomis said:
^^^ A severe case of 'not-reading-previous-post-syndrome.'

You can tell from that person's actions that, indeed, there is something horribly wrong with the subject's intelligence. To simply use the mouse to click page numbers and to scroll down to read previous posts is, simply put, the utterly most difficult task to accomplish.

Allow me to quote JUST a few posts prior to this one:
Allow me to answer for Soanevalck to Oro's question: No.
wow, thanks for telling me that useful info!

i just didnt know that other people couldnt realize that 5 pages worth of posts isnt something everyone reads!

you're so ****in intelligent dude!

...but seriously now, if the post is not the first post or on the current page you're on, nobody's going to read it

Sixwinter-Kubata

Smash Rookie
Eh, what the hell.

I'm tired of everybody saying Sonic should be in this game. He shouldn't, and the only reason everybody is suggesting him is because of the absolutely crazy amount of rumors of his appearance in the prequel (Melee). What you have to understand is that Sega used to be it's own Producer and Company (much like there is Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft today) and a rivalry existed between Sega and Nintendo during the early years of video gaming history. The only reason Sonic exists is to be a corporate rival to Mario. He failed, and now Sonic games have become produced mainly on the Nintendo console gamecube (however they recently have been released on all three of the current generation consoles).

I don't see him in this game. The fastest character? Something about turning "super" as well? It doesn't make any sense to me. The franchise has been failing in the recent years to begin with, and has seen a decling fanbase to boot. Even in Japan people are starting to turn away from this character.

Something else I noticed, is that the trailer showcase the copyright information in the end, and I did not see Sega listed in the credits. I understand that this is merely a trailer and showcased only certain characters, but it could be a clue and is most likely a good one.

Sure, I have personal reasons for not wanting this guy in the game, but speaking from an indifferent third person context, I still don't see this guy happening.

Another thing I'm tired of seeing in general are these character threads. Sure it's interesting to discuss someone absolutely ridiculous like Master Chief being in the next game, but just because tens of hundreds of threads are created about it doesn't guarantee a thing about his appearance in the game. We have no information to go by aside from the information given to us by www.smashbros.com and Sakurai's little poll. It seems ridiculous to even waste time thinking about new characters when the possibilities have already been determined. Just wait and see.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
I hate the idea that keep being flung around where people say there should be "customizable" characters or stages, or an editor for them or something. That just sounds so stupid and unrealistic to me.

I also don't like suggestions of minor variations on existing characters, such as Wind Waker Link, and Paper Mario. Since we already know that some of the old characters are being dropped, I have to say I'll be pretty pissed if one of the new character slots is wasted on something lame like that when it could have been devoted to a new or more original character. Also, when you think about it, the suggestions just don't make sense. Wind Waker Link is just a particular art style for Link. So do we also need Original Link, Adventures of Link, Oracle Link, Link to the Past Link, Ocarina of Time Link, Majora's Mask Link, Four Swords Link, Minish Cap Link, and Twilight Princess Link? I don't think so. The Link from Wind Waker might have used a particularly unusual art style, but that doesn't come close to warranting him as an individual character.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Yojimbo said:
No more Earthbound characters. I see tons of people suggesting that we put in silly Mother characters. Ness is a terrible enough character on his own, and annoying to boot. Sure, it's nostalgia and all, but they would fight very similar to Ness. Ness fights in a horrible fashion. I'd like him removed, but there's no way he will be. So, cut off Mother while we still can!

I hate it when people suggest that characters from great games not be included even though that person likely never even played that game.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I hate people who keep posting about characters, even though they're not supposed to.

I also hate the people who say that there should be like, 1,000,000,000,000+ characters, with half being third party.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oro said:

Well I originally posted this topic in the character boards by accident. I got it moved because it wasn't meant to be strictly about characters. I saw the character topic, but I wanted one where people could complain about every suggestion they dislike. It wasn't meant to be mainly about character, the topic was meant to cover EVERY suggestion, including characters.

I've also asked that the poster doesnt just list the characters they dont want to see but give an indepth reason as to why. This topic goes beyond a list of characters the person doesnt wanna see. It's more of a ranting thread. Basically list the stupidest things you heard in your opinion and tell why you think it's stupid.

I think posting about characters should be allowed here, only if the person gives atleast a paragraph explantion as to why the feel it's a bad idea, and post another idea that they've heard which is stupid. I mean afterall, most of the talk about Smash Brothers is always the characters.

If anything, I think the people who should be warned are the people who try to start a flamewar... *cough nomis Gamingboy Soanevalck cough*

Remember this is all harmless ranting. We don't wanna start any fighting. I know we all have opinions. Just hold back on the flaming. I've noticed ignorance in some of these posts, but there is no reason to argue with it. Just let it go, and don't provoke anybody. Got it?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree, posting about characters belong in that characters thread. Anything else should go here.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
nomis said:
Red, on the other hand, is a pansy *** Pokemon trainer. And BTW, Fire Flower = Mario and Parasol = Kirby.
Peach and Zelda are helpless-pansy princesses aren't they -.-;;
and oh, I don't remember Mario's fireball having a flame thrower effect such as Bowser's neutralB
or Kirby being able to pull Peach's Bup in battle.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Noypi_GjD said:
Peach and Zelda are helpless-pansy princesses aren't they -.-;;
and oh, I don't remember Mario's fireball having a flame thrower effect such as Bowser's neutralB
or Kirby being able to pull Peach's Bup in battle.
Peach and Zelda aren't as helpless as Red. Super Mario RPG; if you haven't played it, do so. She wasn't helpless at all. Zelda; if you consider Sheik as someone else, then so be it. Zelda just deserves the spot in SSB.
I misinterpreted your point about items and characters, but then again, do they ONLY do exactly what you paired them with? Does Samus ONLY do a screw attack? Does Bowser ONLY breathe fire? Etcetera. Here is a quote from the original Red suggester:
Yukiwarashi said:
He's an 11 year old boy who left his home to become a Pokemon Master. He goes through any length to capture Pokemon. He'll fish for them. He'll ride his bike through grass. He'll go into the Safari Zone and lure them with candy or hit them with rocks. Whatever it takes, in the end he reaches his goal in the final showdown with his rival at the Indigo Plateau, and he uses his well trained Pokemon to reach his goal. Then in the Gold/Silver/Crystal games, you face him in Mt. Silver. Silent as always, he takes you on...and when he loses, he disappears to take you on another day.
Fish, ride a bike, lure them with candy to hit them with rocks... Yeah. Very exhilarating and unique. Oh, and he throws Pokeballs, which is probably the only single (not so) unique attribute given to him.

If you want to continue this discussion, let us move to two other threads (Red (the trainer) for SSBB! or Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!). Unless you have something to say directly about me, then by all means, lash out anywhere you'd like.
Soanevalck said:
wow, thanks for telling me that useful info!

i just didnt know that other people couldnt realize that 5 pages worth of posts isnt something everyone reads!

you're so ****in intelligent dude!

...but seriously now, if the post is not the first post or on the current page you're on, nobody's going to read it
We'll treat your opinion as equal as you have treated ours; ignored. Sure, you can skip the stickies which have an enormous amount of pages, but this thread only has FIVE pages. If you don't have have the decency, intregrity, and intelligence to read through five pages of opinions, don't post yours. Because the rest of us won't care what you have to say.

And you didn't even bother reading four posts behind you. Four POSTS. Maybe within those pages something important came up? Like, oh, a Moderator warning users of certain limitations to a thread!

Vaztor said:
If anything, I think the people who should be warned are the people who try to start a flamewar... *cough nomis Gamingboy Soanevalck cough*
Ouch... *cough nice stab cough*
Vaztor said:
And to the people that might get offended, as much as you want to, this is not a place to defend your opinion. I'll admit, that we'll all see something we don't like, but you can't please all of the people all of the time anyways. So let's just throw away arguments, and give rational reasons for ideas you do not like.
Woops! Looks like I forgot to follow the directions :chuckle:
OK OK, maybe I'm getting a little out of hand now. I'm merely adding fuel to the fire. So I'd like to end off with this note: Sorry. I hope all of you didn't get too offended, even though there is some offense intended. A forum troll like me shouldn't be taken so seriously. I also hope those of you who are reading do get a laugh here and there, as I do this purely for entertainment purposes.
Gamingboy said:
I hate it when people suggest that characters from great games not be included even though that person likely never even played that game.
Nicely said.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
I hate the idea of making more new characters that are clones of old characters.
if anything, the exsisting clones need to branch out, and be tweaked around with more.

ESPECIALLY Ridley=Bowser

sure, they could be the same, but
Bowser's heavy at that size, Ridley's light at that size
Bowser has a hard spiked shell, Ridley has wings and a line of spikes

they logicly could be clones, but they have so much a difference it would seem ridiculous.

And anyone that wants the game slowed down CLEARLY is playing the wrong game. Go play a turned based rpg, or something at your pace, rather than having a great fighter changed for your liking.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
WiirDStyle said:
I personally don't think that Sonic should be the game. However likely it may seem now with Smash Snake, it would NOT settle the ancient question, Mario or Sonic? With tiers, chances are, one or the other would be better, which would lead to one's fanboy following claiming their's to truly be the better of the two. Same goes with any other character from the Sonic franchise.
The simple solution to this is to Make Sonic an exact Mario Clone.

Really though, how many Sega Fanboys do you see nowadays?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Okay, my eyes must be friggin stupid. Everytime I see your bird avatar out of the corner of my eye, nomis, I think it's Vegeta's face XD XD

And I used to be a big Sega fanboy back in the day myself, but lately... eh. They haven't impressed me. Sonic Team needs to really revamp the franchise, and Sega's other big titles are pretty much inaccessible to a Nintendo-lovin' fanboy like me, who doesn't own PS2 or XBOX.

Top Bottom