• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestions that you absolutely do not like. (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LOL, I like how Eternal Pheonix Fire made almost the exact same arguments as I did, even up to the Smash intro movie reference, just making it seem longer with multiquotes. ;)

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Your Ridley argument is flawed simply through the fact that being humanoid was a requirement for Melee. Yet, is Bowser any more humanoid than Ridley? Is Jigglypuff or is Kirby? Perhaps you should take another look at the roster, because I don't think that birds are humanoid at all. Ridley's size has been changed throughout every Metroid game, and his Metroid size is considered huge in comparison to other games by fans of the ENTIRE series. If you watch the intro movie in Melee, you'll notice that Ridley is perfectly sized for smash. It's the same case with Bowser.

Now, for Bomberman. Perhaps I misworded my thoughts in my other post. I believe that he might be a suitable character for smash, but there are much better candidates like Ridley and a few others I could mention. His uses of bombs in the Bomberman games never got boring because those games were centered around the bombs. Brawl, I'm assuming, will not be based around usage of bombs, therefore his moves could get quite bland after a while. They would lack in variety. Also, using bombs with the Links could be considered fun because they are often used in conjunction with other mini-weapons like the boomerang and their bows. But bomb -> bomb combos? If you can see that happening, that's fine by me, but I won't have him on my Brawl wish-list.
Sir,your incompetence makes you as blind the cloak of night...

You seem to lack understanding in video game design,and the possibility that you can physicaly alter a character.Just look at bowser,who's average siz was altered through many games,from average,large,and to gigantic(Super Mario Sunshine).

The characters such as bowser have been altered greatly in size.It is still possible to simply make him about the size of bowser.If you had the common sense,you would have relized that characters in video games can me altered to fit the situated character..

This becomes insignificant when you apply GRAPHIC DESIGN!!

There are several ways for Ridly to fit into the game,because you have a lack luster doesn't mean that the character won't fit.

Ridley is one of the primary villans in the Metroid series.In Super Metroid for the SNES,he captures the only captive Metroid,and then triggers the destruction of the space colony SR-388,during that time,Samus barely escapes and heads off to find the Metroid and Ridley.

So technically,he can fit in the"villan"category.

Sure you can Strip ridley of his ablity to fly,but he can still use his wings for multiple jumps.And how can Ridley not fit when he has a massive arsenal of weapons with armor?Not to mention sharp caws,and shoot plasma breath.How cant that be a great character.Not to mention he is in the up coming Metroid Prime 3 corruption,and when i was on the show floor at E3 last year,i played it,and guess who was the boss on the demo..that's right...RIDEY!!!

Smash Bros. accumiates characters of all shapes and sizes.And if the game contained all humanoids,i guess we have to eiminate Pikachu,Game & Watch,JigglyPuff,Ice Climbers,Kirby,and Bowser.It's only fair,right?

I guess it would make too much sense to make him this size,wouldn't it?

I find it ironic that you believe that all of Bomberman's moves will be bomb based,yet you claim that another person lacks an imagination.

Thanks alot for giving half-baked reasons why you believe that Ridley can't fit.Try thinking before your post....
You both have brought up a great point in Ridley's appearance in Melee's intro movie (which makes me wonder if all those "Ridley for Brawl" supporters were getting pumped up when they first watched it). With this size issue resolved, I now believe he is much more suitable for Brawl.

However, I still believe that he is meant to be fought rather than played as. I apologize for not being able to come up with a much better argument than "it doesn't feel right". My opinion on Bowser's playability meanwhile, might not be fair considering i've already played as him in several games including the Mario Sports games, and extensively in Melee. I guess I just see Ridley as a cool foe rather than someone I would like to play as.

------------------------------------------------------

Now, Eternal Pheonix Fire. I realize that my size argument was flawed, and I apologize for that. However, I do not believe it is fair of you to make so many assumptions about me personally based off of this one thing.

To start, I do understand game design, surely much more than you believe, and I am fully aware that Ridley's size can be altered, just as others' sizes have been. That fact was even mentioned in my first post... I also have the "common sense" to realize that "characters can be altered to fit the situated character". My original argument was that unlike Bowser, who's character is independent of his size, the situated character that Ridley's size would be altered to fit would no longer be the same Ridley. In fact, I find every Ridley (especially in the Metroid Prime series) to be much cooler and "more Ridley-like" than the one in the Melee intro movie.

Perhaps my argument would have been better had I noted the "limits" of changing one's size. Yes, Bowser is differently sized in every single game, BUT, do you really think he could get much smaller than his appearances in the Mario Sports games and Melee? Absolutely not. If he was the same size as Mario, or *shudder* SMALLER than Mario, he would lose his power of intimidation, which is one of his defining traits.

Personally, I believe that Ridley is much more confined to his large size (an opinion that is likely rooted in the fact that his size does not fluctuate from game to game as much as Bowsers'). I even remember noting when first watching the Melee Intro that Ridley seemed less like Ridley and more like a minion or offspring of Ridley. If you believe otherwise, that is fine with me, for this is only my opinion.

Finally (although I had planned on saying more), I do not remember claiming that Zephyr lacked imagination, nor should you do the same to me. Perhaps you do not understand entirely what an imaginative/creative moveset would be for Bomberman.

Unlike you I was considering the fact that Bomberman fans would be outraged if Nintendo made up random techniques for Bomberman. Yes, I believe that gameplay takes priority, but I believe the best way to present Bomberman in Brawl would be to create a VARIED MOVESET for him WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY sticking to the theme of bombs for the sake of his many fans. The more interesting/sensible his moveset, the more imaginative the designer proved him/herself to be!!

If I were behind Brawl, I would go to the ends of the earth to try and make him stick to his bomb roots, but if I TRULY LACKED the creativity to come up with an interesting moveset for him within these limitations, I would immediately give up my dedication to these roots in order to keep the gameplay interesting.

------------------------------------------------

I did think before I made that post, and I admit that I have nevertheless made mistakes.

Also note that I will pray for Ridley's acceptance into Smash, because I much believe that the happiness of people like you two will heavily outweigh the discomfort/annoyance of people like me. Also, if he turns out to be a cool character, I will simply disregard the fact that he is Ridley, and enjoy the gameplay he provides.

Still the mere fact that you consider him more suitable than Bomberman. THAT'S what started my whole rant in the first place.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LOL, I'm not a Ridley fan. The only game the big N has ever made that made me absolutely obsessed was Melee. I just think it would be pretty dang sick to play as Ridley. I mean, seriously, imagine him in play. Then imagine Bomberman in his place. Between the two, I would take Ridley. It's just a matter of pesonal taste.

LOL, I like how Eternal Pheonix Fire made almost the exact same arguments as I did, even up to the Smash intro movie reference, just making it seem longer with multiquotes. ;)
Strange..when i started to post that,your previous post wasn't even there.

I guess it was near simultaneous,or yours can up beore mine.

Oh and rsc,sorry for the personal attacks,i'm alittle hectic today. >=D

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Ridley is undboutedly cooler than Bomberman, i have no problem agreeing to that. However Bomberman fits the "cute/fun" side of Melee, and could fit the gameplay extremely easily, and I fear that if Ridley appeared he would stray too far from his roots in coolness.

"Oh and rsc,sorry for the personal attacks,i'm alittle hectic today. >=D"

No problem ^_^

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Nah, I wasn't implying anything. I was just pointing and laughing at what I knew was a pretty ridiculous coincidence.

homelesskid707

Smash Rookie
i think they should take out dr. mario, pichu and maybe young link. Pichu is just a smaller pikachu turned masochist and dr.mario is a drugie mario in a halloween costume. i think they could find a better way of putting them in the game. maybe by changing their colors you can make mario into dr mario. that would mean less colors for mario but more original characters. as for marth and roy, they are similar but their speed and power is different enough to require different stradegies, but once again you could substitue the outfit change with a new character.

in the end get rid of dr. mario and pichu...they're pointless

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
i think they should take out dr. mario, pichu and maybe young link. Pichu is just a smaller pikachu turned masochist and dr.mario is a drugie mario in a halloween costume. i think they could find a better way of putting them in the game. maybe by changing their colors you can make mario into dr mario. that would mean less colors for mario but more original characters. as for marth and roy, they are similar but their speed and power is different enough to require different stradegies, but once again you could substitue the outfit change with a new character.

in the end get rid of dr. mario and pichu...they're pointless
I completely agree with you. I think Young Link should be outfitted with a Majora's Mask or Wind Waker moveset to make him more unique. And yeah, Dr. Mario + Pichu should just get booted.

That reminds me of another suggestion I absolutely hate. People saying that Ness/Ice Climbers should be taken out. They're two of the most unique characters in the game!!!! Even worse is that many of these people are also preaching that Pichu + Dr. Mario should stay...

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Sonic. If he's in the game, the attitude of the whole game is seriously going to be a lot worse.

Legend_of_Link

Smash Rookie
I want Pichu, Jigglypuff and Dr. Mario out.
I don't want new Pokemon besides Deoxys.
I don't want Zamus to be a transformation character with Samus.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Aww I don't want to see Pokemons as characters!

They should be kept in pokeballs... they simply don't fit as characters.
man...
how does that make any sense whatsoever?
if pokemon don't fit as characters, who does? a puffball with stumps for arms and legs that can vaccum people? a futuristic racer that hasn't been seen fighting in his games before? a bulky turtle king that looks uncapable of running and jumping?
and what does "They should be kept in pokeballs..." mean? if a pokemon hasn't been a pokeball pokemon in smash before, it can't logically be kept in a pokeball. If you are a pokemon hater, fine. just say so. don't blabber out BS though. Pokemon is the 2nd best selling franchise EVER! it deserves representation in brawl.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
man...
how does that make any sense whatsoever?
if pokemon don't fit as characters, who does? a puffball with stumps for arms and legs that can vaccum people? a futuristic racer that hasn't been seen fighting in his games before? a bulky turtle king that looks uncapable of running and jumping?
and what does "They should be kept in pokeballs..." mean? if a pokemon hasn't been a pokeball pokemon in smash before, it can't logically be kept in a pokeball. If you are a pokemon hater, fine. just say so. don't blabber out BS though. Pokemon is the 2nd best selling franchise EVER! it deserves representation in brawl.
I'm not a pkmn hater, totally NOT. Pkmn Blue Version made me buy a Game Boy 'cause I wanted to see the "turtle" that appeared in the cover of the box, in my team (thinking it wasn't in the RED version 'cause there were a lizard, I was a child then :laugh: )

Maybe You are right, there ara a LOT of nonsense fighters! But that's what makes SSB a funny and attractive game.

And yes, Pkmn should be in, but Pichu and Jygglipuff? NO.

Top Bottom