• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Suggestions Box" Thread

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
The Lucario Boards really haven't done anything in about 3 weeks. We need to get our act together if we want to improve Lucario as a whole. In this thread you can post ideas for threads and anything you think could be improved. Also if you wish to be in the Revamping Team just ask because we will be glad to have you. This thread isn't going to replace the Brainstorm Thread but we need improvement for these boards. So please post your ideas on how the Lucario Boards can improve, remember that any idea is worth considering.

Come on guys lets stop slacking. :dizzy:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not getting tourney-going lucario's angry, that's what killed it a bunch (wasn't the biggest thing, but it was one of them). Plus I worked hard to get some of them to come back, you wouldn't want poor ol' Phil to see work turn to dust, would you?:( (especially since RT has been making the job of doing exports muuuuuuuuuch easier thanks to following the format and doing big "OMG wall-of-texts")

iRJi

Smash Champion
Sorry for this but, this isn't going to sprout ideas to peoples minds or anything. There is enough threads going around talking about hope and inspiration. As this board moves slow, it is infact progressing, and trying to over do the progression stage can actually hurt it more then help it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I like making walls of text. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, it's more of a fence of text, because I do space paragraphs, LOL.

Trela

Smash Lord
I used to think the Lucario Boards were trash and wouldn't accomplish much, if anything at all.

But then yoll brought Rockettrainer back.

There is hope!

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I used to think the Lucario Boards were trash and wouldn't accomplish much, if anything at all.

But then yoll brought Rockettrainer back.

There is hope!
Hooray, we have hope. Okay so does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve these boards.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
get other players that have proven themselves to come contribute. probably would require alot of begging, pleading, and *** kissing

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
get other players that have proven themselves to come contribute. probably would require alot of begging, pleading, and *** kissing
Lol so true.... if someone gets Milln or Azen to come back, I will be impressed beyond hell.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Milln was here earlier...

So that means that we have Azen [I really don't mind if lee hangs out or not.]

Everyone should get on XBL and message Azen over and over until he joins because he was silly enough to give me his Gtag. [unless he got a new account and gave it to his little bro.]

Browny

Smash Hater
you want a real suggestion? STOP CARING ABOUT THINGS DEALT WITH LAST YEAR. People quit the game, who cares. Nothing is going to get better by wasting time thinking about it. Spend more time actually playing the game, get rid of redundant threads covering topics which were dealt with last year and have degenerated into +1 post threads and focus on things that work. I dont see anyone here watching pro Lucario vids and taking note of what works and what doesnt.

Its getting beyond the joke how much people care about things that truly dont matter anymore. Its not a case like 'tornado was only a problem in 2008, IC infinite grabs are the new problem'. IMO it would be better if people talked about current problems they are having RIGHT NOW, not some assumed general problem vs a certain move we might all be having simply because its a good attack. Everyone might have trouble with falcos laser but its something quite well known and no doubt people have practiced against. like myself, I have problems with lucario getting up on stage vs marth. Its not general, but i think it would be a lot more useful discussing strategies to fight these situations that are not so obvious like 'shield the whole tornado' 'dont dair snakes shield'.

Its just that this whole discussing new lucario combos, attempting to redefine his metagame, dealing with techniques has all been done in the past. weeks can pass and people are 100 posts higher and are we any further than we were before we started? Its the major reason I dont post here much at all, everything seems so redundant. Lucario isnt the only character who doesnt have much new stuff going for him, very few actually do. but they keep things active by discussing problems as they occur, or working on situational techniques.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
tl;dr

So you are saying "Don't mess with his metagame for too long, it is a gamble that can mean we get nowhere and Lucario has other problems."?

Browny

Smash Hater
im saying mess with his metagame by actually you know, messing with it. not talking about it. wario didnt become top tier because people talked about how to land a waft etc, they took note of tactics that work (air camping) and applied it to their game.

lets hear more about what tactics are working for people at the moment, and less about the past.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Part of it is that we have yet to have something more of a "metagame" discussion really, so it's all either "if the opponent knows how to read perfectly all your even slightly "unsafe" options and has better tools..." or really basic stuff so far. We need to really go over tactics now.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
you want a real suggestion? STOP CARING ABOUT THINGS DEALT WITH LAST YEAR. People quit the game, who cares. Nothing is going to get better by wasting time thinking about it. Spend more time actually playing the game, get rid of redundant threads covering topics which were dealt with last year and have degenerated into +1 post threads and focus on things that work. I dont see anyone here watching pro Lucario vids and taking note of what works and what doesnt.
Just to let you know that I have watched pro videos such as Azen. I have taken notice of how he uses Dair to stall in the air to avoid attacks. So please don't assume if you don't know your facts for sure.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Whenever i watch Azen i see stuff we're not supposed to do, but works for him anyway...

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Milln is gone? What the heck has been going on?
Nothing seems the same as before >.<

@Aurasmash: I notice that too.... but most of the videos of him are pretty old, so maybe it wouldn't work as well now? dunno

wheee, first post in like forever.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
0o, so many old faces coming out of the blue.
Oh and Azen has an aim and is on at times, but he takes a long while to respond back.
So its best to not worry about people that have other lives.
-t2

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm personally working on a shiny new thread that will help metagame discussion.

So I suggest looking forward to it ^.^

Crap, while posting I thought of another thread idea. I'll give you guys this one: Lucario's flaws. Milln made one and it wasn't very successful, but I know a couple of people who would love to talk about Lucario's flaws. *coughBEAR&KITAcough* Talking about Lucario's flaws would help us understand him more than we currently do. I listed those two because they have such a firm grasp of Lucario that they can definitively say what's "wrong" with him. We could talk about if the move has any use at all, among other things.

hough123

Smash Ace
Slackers, lol.

@ Hough: Hopefully this thread really helps Lucario's meta game.
Looking back, I just realized that my idea WAS the flaws thread :dizzy:
Slightly different but nonetheless.

That's what you get when you base an idea off of an intro paragraph :laugh:

Oh yeah, and dibs on the flaws thread.

Top Bottom