• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion thread. So, suggest stuff.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The boards have been dead lately. Now that people are back from Genesis, I figured this would be a good time to revamp the Pika forum a little and pick up the activity so we can keep improving and hopefully evolve Pika's metagame bit by bit.

So, what would you guys like to see? New threads? Updates to any old ones? Change the stickies? What changes can we make and what new stuff can we do? What do you guys want to discuss?

No one's going to contribute if we're not interested in what's being talked about, so tell me what you guys actually want. Or if you like things the way they are, well, that's fine too, but I'd really like to see some more activity. :(

Here's my personal to-do list for the board:
(I'll probably start working on this stuff tonight/tomorrow.)
  • Update Volt Tackle Videos thread
  • Find new OP for Stage Discussion
  • Update Generating A Win guide

• Possibly start in-depth move analysis thread? (Claimed by me.)
  • Possibly rearrange stickies?
  • Possibly start research thread? (Claimed by Prime.)
  • Possibly start doubles thread? (Needs OP.)
  • Merge Brawl Finder with social thread?
Feel free to give your opinion on anything on the list and suggest new ideas. Let me know what I can do better, what we could all do better, what you plan on doing better..... just put any and all ideas out there for us to hear.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I would like to see that Uair-footstool-QAL death combo video finally made...

I think a doubles thread is a great idea. Could we get a guide to some pikachu doubles tactics? (Once that's done, maybe then we could do something on matchups...)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
K, but if you mess up my formatting, you die. :mad:

Don't forget to delete vids older than 6 months and mark ones older than 3 months as old.

Thanks!
Pfft, it was my format first. You just prettied it up a bit.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
A doubles thread would be a fantastic addition to the Pika section of the boards. Pika is like seriously SS tier stautus in doubles and getting different perspectives on some of your favorite team partners/strats for would be cool. Stage discussion does need more activity IMO. The yoshis have individual move discussion threads and the have some interesting stuff going on in some of those (egg lay tech chase WTF?)

BTW If you would like I can design banners for the important threads (such as Video, stage discussion or the Pika Guide.) I design sigs every now and then (seen here) and the aesthetic effects (such as lighting flow and what not) tend to be a lot more simple. Oh and I also need the "simple but elegant" banner practice.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
maybe we could have a really strange thread like Boss Battles w/ pikachu guide

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
This may not be a good idea but I think we could start a thread in the Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, and Pikachu forums to help people who main one of those characters find a doubles partner in one of the other characters mains. ('Cuz ZSS and MK are good partners with Pikachu.)

Basically, a thread in all three of those character's forums where players who main those characters can post information about themselves and hopefully find a good doubles partner in one of the other character's mains.... make sense?:ohwell:

Just a thought. Tell me what you think.:)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I like the thought of doubles discussion thread because the pika boards are SO organized (as opposed to some others) that the only thing that we can add more is doubles discussion. I've got some cool strats and AT's for pika in doubles play, one that we found out (sorta a mix of other AT's at once) yesterday (INVICIBLE THUNDER SHUTTLE LOOP/SPIKE 0_0)

edit: don't forget lucas and G&W for best pika partner potential....

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks for all the input so far, guys! Keep the ideas/suggestions/opinions coming.

Who wants to lead the doubles discussion? That sounds like one thing everyone would like for sure.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Kaylo i know i haven't been active much but I could run the doubles discussion for you if you'd like help with that.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Who wants to lead the doubles discussion? That sounds like one thing everyone would like for sure.
I could run the doubles discussion since I have teamed up with several characters in the past. Plus it could be a good chance to be active in the pika boards outside of the social thread.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I think we should add a guide to the 1-player modes. I STILL can't beat Intense Boss Battles with Pikachu (I came closer to beating it with Ganondorf, for god's sakes...)

RZA should finish off his video that's been "almost done" for about 2 and a half months or so now.

Also, in-Depth move analysis would be pretty awesome.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo i know i haven't been active much but I could run the doubles discussion for you if you'd like help with that.
I could run the doubles discussion since I have teamed up with several characters in the past. Plus it could be a good chance to be active in the pika boards outside of the social thread.
I could too!!! :estatic:
Oh dear, lol. It's up to you guys whether one person runs it or you team up or something.... although it's kind of hard to collaborate on something like this.

I'd likely say that ~auto should run it only because he's been the most active out of you three and has expressed his wanting to be more active/contribute more in the past. But I don't want to make it seem like it's my decision, hehe.

@Muhz: If you want to do something about 1-Player Mode, feel free. Personally, I haven't played through anything except for half of the Subspace storyline, so I don't know anything about 1-Player modes at all. I'm not even sure if it would really belong on this board or the Brawl 1-Player Modes forum. =X I'll check that out for you.

@Everyone else: I'm reading everything and keeping all of this in mind. Keep 'em coming!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Oh dear, lol. It's up to you guys whether one person runs it or you team up or something.... although it's kind of hard to collaborate on something like this.
Well, if we have an ordered system and what not we can actually organize the guide really well. Just off the top of my head I can tell you that knowing and discussing the following topics with their respective character being discussed will be the larger part of the thread.
- What to counterpick/ban.
- How to save your partner.
- Using team strats (healing Ness for example) and setups (footstool Dtilt lock to thunder w/ ROB)
- How to back your parnter up.
- When/how to double team and fight one on one properly.

Everyone who wants to can give input and get some of their teammates in here to talk about dubs w/ Pika.

I'd likely say that ~auto should run it only because he's been the most active out of you three and has expressed his wanting to be more active/contribute more in the past. But I don't want to make it seem like it's my decision, hehe.
If that 's a green light then I guess I can get started right?

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman

@Muhz: If you want to do something about 1-Player Mode, feel free. Personally, I haven't played through anything except for half of the Subspace storyline, so I don't know anything about 1-Player modes at all. I'm not even sure if it would really belong on this board or the Brawl 1-Player Modes forum. =X I'll check that out for you.

@Everyone else: I'm reading everything and keeping all of this in mind. Keep 'em coming!
K, Automatic can run it if he wants.:)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I may not be the best person to "run" a doubles topic discussion, but i do have tons of experience teaming up with state power-ranked team members and practicing teams and have placed high/decently high in doubles. I have some team AT's with mario/squirtle, samus, mk, and capt falc, bowser/charizard that i could post when the discussion is up.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Who's running it me or Auto? We gotta find someone to make the decision. I would like to run it but it doesn't matter that much to me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Who's running it me or Auto? We gotta find someone to make the decision. I would like to run it but it doesn't matter that much to me.
If a final decision has to be made, then I'm gonna go ahead and give it to ~auto. However, I'm sure he wouldn't mind your help.... from his post, he seems pretty open to collaborating with others. (LDPK, that goes for you too.)

~auto, you can start the thread whenever you've worked everything out. Will it be more of a discussion thread or a strategy guide like Gallax mentioned? A hybrid of both is also a good idea. Whatever works for you.

I'll start working on the move analysis thread in the meantime.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

~auto, you can start the thread whenever you've worked everything out. Will it be more of a discussion thread or a strategy guide like Gallax mentioned? A hybrid of both is also a good idea. Whatever works for you.
Hurray I just got the Kaylo! seal of approval so I guess I can get started on it.
It will be a hybrid of both since having two different threads will only take up space and a hybrid can cover more topics.

whoever is running the teams thread get at me. this can be really really good.
Yo, Gallax check this out!!!
*edits in dubs thread a little bit later*

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Um.
I was wondering, instead of deleting older videos if maybe they could be in a section at the bottom of the Volt tackle videos Op? Just mark it off as 3 months old, maybe?
It's a bit empty in the videos here compared to a few other boards. Older vids are sometimes still informative!
Post more videos guys :pikachu:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Let's do contest for the snap shot thread. It will be fun!
If SilverSpark wants to run something like this (or I will, but I'm assuming he'd want to do it since it's his thread), that's a really good idea.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
There's a lot we can do with this. A normal snap shot contest, caption contest, or we can do stories. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounds fun! I'll PM Sparky about it.

I'll start putting some of these ideas into the works tomorrow.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
All right. I've been procrastinating/putting this stuff off for god knows how long now, but it's time for the forum to be updated and rearranged a bit.

I'm definitely going to start some things tomorrow. (I'd do it today, but I'm going out soon, and I won't be back 'til late.... :urg:) Expect to see threads updated, stickies moved, etc. etc. and after it's all done, y'all can give me feedback on how it looks. I have a few ideas for new stuff, too.

At some point, I'll put up my to-do list so we can all follow along (yay), and I'll include a list of threads that need new owners, because there are a lot of them.

My hope is that after it's all done, the forum will be more streamlined and generate more useful activity.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I can't find a Social thread here.... I would have put this there VVVVV

What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training grounds are for newer players, and good players alike.

The point of the training grounds?

Anyone looking to learn a character can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about the character. Whether you main the character and are looking to get better, or you want to pick up a new character, this is the place for you.

The Training Grounds, also called the Smash School, is looking to improve the Boards. We have teachers to pass on knowledge to those who want to learn, and it is becoming fairly successful. However, not every character is largely or even to a fair degree represented here, and that's where you come in. If you feel that you have the time, the experience, and the effort to help out, please visit the Smash School right now.

This really can make a big difference, especially to new members. But in order for it to become big, you have to help. If you're not quite teacher-material, go ahead and check it out anyway. You might improve your main, or even find fun with learning somebody new! Its a place for everyone!

Naturally, if you have questions or perhaps an idea, you can post in the thread. Or you can PM one of the "commitee."

Committee Members

Straked, the plumber.
S.O.L.I.D., the prince.
Cherry64, the woman.
GwJumpman, the robot.
If you think you'd be interested in being a teacher, PM your application to S.O.L.I.D.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I suggest you close the social thread so that people actually post something that isn't in that thread...

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm on holidays right now so I have heaps of time to run a thread.

Move analasis?

how pikachu can deal with certain moves/tactics?

Stage Discussion?

General metagame discussion?

Just ideas :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@ESAM: While I do agree that the social thread kind of takes away from the other threads here, I don't think closing it will do much at this point. If people really wanted to contribute and actively maintain the threads they own, they'd just do it, social thread or not.

@Jupz: The first two ideas (move analysis, how to deal with certain moves/tactics) are good, and you can start working on them whenever you want if you'd like to. :)

Already PM'd you about the Stage Discussion.

As for a general metagame discussion, uhhh.... well. Go ahead, lol. I dunno exactly how you'd structure it, but as long as it has some kind of direction, that's fine too.

Generally, you don't need to ask before starting a thread anyway. If it's a copy of something we already have or belongs somewhere else, it'll just get closed or moved, no big deal.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I always wanted to do a thread for dealing with certain moves. I might get on that.

Top Bottom