• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sugarpoultry's Homeroom /[Graphics School]\

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I really can't see how it's useful... I'd rather remake the background than use it. Anyway, I'm getting a haircut today, schooltrip wednesday-thursday, no breaks on Friday and no comp at home so... at best I could finish it on Monday next week...

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
Hey, after playing brawl(Alot) I'm ready to get onto assignment 3, but first can i ask, how do i use a stock, do i just smudge the sides?
Also, if i dont smudge it, how do i get it so the C4D goes over the BG but not the actual person, like in the Bourne one.

1 Hour Later

Meh, couldn't wait for answers, here it is, s**t and all.

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
Basically what I did in my Bourne sig was select Matt Damon with the Lasso and then copied the selection onto a new layer (erased edges if necessary). Then when you add the C4D, you can pick and choose what parts you want to overlap and what parts you don't.

Omega Nintendo Dude

Smash Rookie
Classwork 2:

I used http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8053/sigtutbysugarpoultrycoptq7.png
Render 4.

I didn't know this thread was still running. I really need my email to tell me instead of ignoring it.

My arm was hurting. It was hard to smudge, I did give it a shot.
- [Omega Fox]
I'll never give up. Currently I'm in a mood as One Of those Techno Dude's in Tokyo.
No I prefer FOX not Techno. I'll get 3 as soon as I can... I need to rest my arm...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
IceEmblem: I'd say its a decent sig. Ditch the text completely, its poor quality and a bad font, even though its probably a joke. :p As for your questions, you keep the stock where it is, you can blur it using the blurring tool, but don't smudge or erase it, you want it to stay in tact. Just add the C4D over the background, maybe even over part of your character person. All I can say is the black line that goes across the middle is quite distracting. I'd tone it down so its not so noticeable or get rid of it.

Omega Nintendo Dude: Wow.... my tutorial :D :D It looks awesome! The lines and effects look amazing. My advice, blend the image more in the back, the sides are too white and boring. :)

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
i skipped assignment 2 but i will do it after this
assignment 3
1-opened a transparent box 500 by 200
2-right clicked transparent layer and added a new layer 400 by 150
3- placed stock
4-added c4d
5- added brushes
6-saved as png

i dont really like using c4d's and plus im not that good at it so i am ready to get some bad critiques.
*uploading to photobucket will post it when finished*

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
^It's all good. All part of the learning process is failing, its weird but true.

Try to post your final product by tomorrow sometime, because I'll be out of town for 2 weeks and I won't be able to critique anyone. But... I do expect you all to keep up with sig making. ;)

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
Assignment 1

1: I just started out with a single color background and used a simple brush to make some texture
2: Used another brush to make the edges darker
3: Added the render
4: Used a splatter brush to create a darkness behind Samus
5: Added a drop shadow behind Samus (probably didn't do anything :))
6: Merged all layers
7: Sharpened the entire image, twice
8: Reduced the saturation on the entire image
9: Added a red & black gradient map over top the image

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
Assignment 3

Never used C4D's before, pretty sure I didn't use it right here... but oh well. I looked at the tutorial, it didn't help me too much, I'll try to find other ones and make a better sig, but for now I have this one.

Edit: This one might be a little better, I kind of got the idea of C4D's eventually I'll master it! :)

New Image:

Omega Nintendo Dude

Smash Rookie
Assignment 3:
Is this alright?

I used a few c4ds. A stock I found and added scan lines. I know the left clipping mask takes view away from him but that area was empty. I didn't see any specific renders you said to use. Small I know. It looked better full view. Cropped into a sig removed most of the effects out.

This one would be for fun.
A stock, C4D, Splatter Clipping masks, Pentool+Glow., Plus signs and GLOW. The Up-left vector line is bad I know. And I had to Anti-Rip this is my new avatar to celebrate Command.
Now I see some of the C4D on the left is outshining the right. More Clipping masks.
- Omega Fox
Forgive me for being late. I keep trying to do my Deviant Art but I haven't had time to draw. I ONLY HAVE ONE PICTURE!!!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish I had time to critique, please, those who volenteered to critique in my stead, do so. I'm still on tour, I was just dropping by to see what was up. Omega, your sig is SO hot. I want a tut. ;)

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Another way to use Stocks

When doing a request the other day that used a stock, I figured out something that looks really good when using a stock. It basically makes it a "Render", but keeps the stock.

Basically, you get your stock and put it in the sig. Then you duplicate it. With your new layer, Render the stock as best as you can; use the Magic Eraser, regular Eraser, Select + Delete, Magic Wand + Delete, until you've got it pretty good. It doesn't have to be perfect.

After you've done that, just set the original stock layer to screen, or soft light, whatever looks best. The "Render" should look great, and you will still see the background, but it will be transparent. From there, you can do whatever you want. ( I duplicated the "Render" and put the layer under it and smudged it, then added lots of brushes on another layer )

sugarpoultry said:
I wish I had time to critique, please, those who volenteered to critique in my stead, do so. I'm still on tour, I was just dropping by to see what was up. Omega, your sig is SO hot. I want a tut. ;)
Thanks for stopping by SP. ^^ How is your tour going?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tour is amazing you guys!! I actually enjoy the break from the computers. It's nice to get out and enjoy the world. LOL Your guy's work is doing VERY good! Keep it up, I'll comment when I get back for sure!

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
These are some I did in my free time about a week ago, I haven't been working on photoshop lately.

If any expert could critique one or two, it would do a lot with helping me :) thanks!

Edit: Actually right after I posted this, I realized the brush I used for the edges is pixelated and absolutely horrible I'm gonna try to go change it now.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
dropping out

I am so sorry sp, but i am dropping out
i have had a lot of homework and a lot of tests are coming up, and i am commited to becomeing better at brawl in free time so, there is just no time for me to do the lessons:(
i am sad to do this, but i have to
-hb

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's all good. Sorry I've been gone too.... but I just got back today. I'm not sure if i can keep my homeroom open any longer... :( I might have to close this, but I hope people will still PM me for advice and I'm always willing.

Tour kind of burnt me out, and well.... I got so used to not checking the forums, that I realized I don't really need them anymore. I'll still be on sometimes but don't count on it too often. :(

Love you all.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
D:

Sugar, gone?!? Noo. :[

Oh well, I dont think there's anything stopping you. Haha.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm just so busy, and last semester, all my time spent on forums caused me problems with my schooling, which is my number one priority right now. I'm probably going to take a break from sig making as well.

Omega Nintendo Dude

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm just so busy, and last semester, all my time spent on forums caused me problems with my schooling, which is my number one priority right now. I'm probably going to take a break from sig making as well.
I don't understand why anyone doesn't care about your classes!

I only came to SWFs only for this!
I don't care about being a High Smash Pro or a good Drawing Artist!

Even if it was a 1-shot chance.

I've been active almost everyday wanting to post in this thread to show how much I care about my teacher.

Of course I feel sad.

I had always wanted to be a Graphic Artist, no one like you gave me the places to go or helped me.

Good-bye...
- [Omega Fox]

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't understand why anyone doesn't care about your classes!

I only came to SWFs only for this!
I don't care about being a High Smash Pro or a good Drawing Artist!

Even if it was a 1-shot chance.

I've been active almost everyday wanting to post in this thread to show how much I care about my teacher.

Of course I feel sad.

I had always wanted to be a Graphic Artist, no one like you gave me the places to go or helped me.

Good-bye...
- [Omega Fox]
If I can't be here to help, just look at tutorials on the first page. They are the best resources. ;) You don't need me to tell you stuff.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
Bye sugar, I'll miss you a lot! Your different sigs and helpful tutorials have really helped me! I'll keep learning and getting better, thanks for getting me started!

This is my latest work, It's a blood elf warlock (from world of warcraft)

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm not exactly doing this anymore... I mean, I'm too busy to even put up assignments and such.... :( Its sad but true. But if you still want to do the assignments to learn, feel free. ;)

Exia 00

Smash Champion
i have a quick quetsiton :)
how do i add a border to my sig ?
i just wanted a really thin black border
and im to lazy to expiriment :p

Top Bottom