• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sudden death tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
yeah i did not put serious topic in the title because its more like a theoretical idea on how the characters would do in a sudden death. it does happen pretty often to me that a sudden death starts when i play kirby and decide to kirbycide on the last stock. i actually dont like low tiers but armadas kirby is so amazing that i sometimes play it too.

i ranked all the important characters: captain falcon, falco, fox, jigglypuff, marth, peach, sheik. so i was thinking whats the difference between a real match and sudden death and came to the conclusion that in sudden death every hit can be a kill. plus after some time bob ombs spawn so it requires also some multi tasking abilities to avoid them. this is how my ranking is now:

Jigglypuff
Sheik
Falco
Fox
Marth
Captain Falcon
Peach

as you can see jigglypuff is also broken in sudden death. due to the bob ombs edge planking is much more needed and jigglypuff is a beast at that. thats also why i put sheik very high. what is more, jigglypuff can camp with her backair projectile without skill and like in the real 1v1 which means he doesnt have to adapt to the new situation. the worst character to stay on the edge is definately peach. if youre on the stage the bombs will **** you, if you stay on the edge jigglypuff could float below the stage and uair peach. also peach is a multi tasking character itself. playing her requires the most amount of techskill because if you do for example float cancel nair out of shield this require a whole lot of training and you have to play a slow character very fast in order to be decent which is also multi tasking. but not only that, peach also sucks at a lot of aspects that are also deciding in a fair 1v1and not only during sudden death. for example if a jigglypuff does backair on sudden death peach dies. but if jigglypuff does backair with the peach at 0% you can combo it into rest and peach dies as well. peach just has the perfect design to be constantly disadvantages against jigglypuff.

thats why i put jigglypuff on top and peach on bottom. would you agree with that tier list?

(btw every sudden death match is played on FD despite what stage was played before)

D

Deleted member

Perhaps I'm not in a position to criticize, but the fact that he hasn't been banned or super banned yet leads me to ask where the mods are.

There is no doubt that he's trolling, and ruining good threads. I've seen people banned for much less.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
You're just johning for Armada even more.

no no thats a tier list i made for sudden death. i know that this does not happen so often but if two characters really die at the same time sudden death is played. and its not my fault that peach is a bad character overall that is very limited.

and im asking you guys if you agree with my tier list? or do you have a better one? to me it looks pretty accurate. i also gave a lot of reasons why.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
This dude posts on the daily

but our glorious hero the tropical fruit remains banned

what's wrong with America

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you should fix that you can't have sudden death if you suck them up as kirby and kirbyside on your last stock it's impossibledon't even argue because you're only going to prove how dumb you really are.

also puff would be terrible on sudden death why are yuosaying it's skillless? This makes no sense if you don't space bair then you'll get super f***ed up. Also gannon can beat out puff's planking so please don't even play the planking card here.

plus witht he random bombs it's impossible to make a tier list because the stage ill choose when you die.

also peach would be terrible in sudden death no air game and too slow by air game I mean if you stay up there and attack you'll die. foix or marth would easily be the best hands down maybe sheik due to needle knockback.

also kirby is the terriblest terrible since zedla's slow grab. bestest turn off for me as zedla. yeah it is a big deal it f***s up my timing and everything

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
you should fix that you can't have sudden death if you suck them up as kirby and kirbyside on your last stock it's impossibledon't even argue because you're only going to prove how dumb you really are.

also puff would be terrible on sudden death why are yuosaying it's skillless? This makes no sense if you don't space bair then you'll get super f***ed up. Also gannon can beat out puff's planking so please don't even play the planking card here.

plus witht he random bombs it's impossible to make a tier list because the stage ill choose when you die.

also peach would be terrible in sudden death no air game and too slow by air game I mean if you stay up there and attack you'll die. foix or marth would easily be the best hands down maybe sheik due to needle knockback.

also kirby is the terriblest terrible since zedla's slow grab. bestest turn off for me as zedla. yeah it is a big deal it f***s up my timing and everything

and wheres your tier list now?

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Can someone delete this **** i dont want my thread to get destroyed by this ***.

You can still ignore it and post your
opinions on my tier list. And also what your personal experience with sudden death is.

boardsmash

Smash Cadet
wtf guys chill out hes not even doing anything this is a legit thread guys stfu u guys are *******s
poundslap i got u.

i think fox or someone should be top actually tho... idk tho

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's poofstall is good in sudden death because eating the poof actually kills you and if she sees you go for the edge she can ledgedash past you and then wait for you to come up and throw needles.

Needles aren't like Falco lasers. They rise in KB. So they actually can push offstage and setup a gimp on their own at that point, which is gravy.

Pretty much any character good at getting the first hit without much setup is good. Fox, Falco, Sheik, Puff, Falcon.

Peach becomes worse because being slow hurts, a big part of her game is her natural defenses to combos and stuff but if one hit KOs that doesn't matter.

Marth I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom