• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
Anybody know any crazy nonsense to do with sheik? I like playing sheik but it gets... boring(?) after even a few games. I wanna spice up my sheik game

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I usually pick up that they're gonna hold block by the third fair and grab them but I guess doing more and getting less is popular with the other characters these days so it was only inevitable Sheik would adopt this too.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Sup Sheiks

Awfully dead in here

I blame taco

I know one thing that Sheik boards needs badly:

A techchase guide with gifs covering all options

and for PAL too, we can't just grab Marth and slap him in the face. We have to techchase him.

Also, regarding the tech chase discussion: I'm fairly sure that Falco cannot be techchased on reaction in PAL but Marth & Fox can be

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I usually pick up that they're gonna hold block by the third fair and grab them but I guess doing more and getting less is popular with the other characters these days so it was only inevitable Sheik would adopt this too.
Never said it was efficient. There's a reason you have a better tournament history than him ;)

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I know one thing that Sheik boards needs badly:

A techchase guide with gifs covering all options

and for PAL too, we can't just grab Marth and slap him in the face. We have to techchase him.

Also, regarding the tech chase discussion: I'm fairly sure that Falco cannot be techchased on reaction in PAL but Marth & Fox can be
A guide for tech chasing fox and flacco would be awesome
I'm kind of surprised this doesn't already exist

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Just curious, are there aaaany situations where I should use fsmash?
Yes, but almost exclusively after running past someone and fsmashing them from behind. You'll very frequently hit them trying to act, including out of shield, and you get a good amount of damage. If they shield it, you very likely won't get punished since it's such an out-of-place move that they would be ready to anything - which is why you want to hit them from behind, to prevent the knee-jerk reaction of a shield grab. Use it sparingly though, it is quite unsafe if they expect it.

Tafo has a great guide on this move, actually

FalconR@ep

Smash Rookie
Yes, but almost exclusively after running past someone and fsmashing them from behind. You'll very frequently hit them trying to act, including out of shield, and you get a good amount of damage. If they shield it, you very likely won't get punished since it's such an out-of-place move that they would be ready to anything - which is why you want to hit them from behind, to prevent the knee-jerk reaction of a shield grab. Use it sparingly though, it is quite unsafe if they expect it.

Tafo has a great guide on this move, actually
Thanks!

Ecoh

Smash Rookie
Edit: Wrong thread. :3

To make up for my mistake: I started soundly beating my training partner today. I am hyped. Haha.

Last edited:

MistFist

Smash Cadet
So guys 2 things: who has the best sheik out of the pros? and how can i improve my sheik game to another level? i can chaingrab no problem but my weakness seems to be in the ledge. any advise?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2k is the best without question. Then it's a mash of me Shroomed Ice Over and probably some others in some order. I have Shroomed ahead of me at the moment but I plan to correct that soon. Because his strats are nooby -- he just has better basics and screws up less than me right now IMO. I think Ice & me are about tied and Over is 4th solidly. I feel the four of us are fairly close right now though. I feel Sung on a good day also belongs here.

@ Europe - I know I'm gonna get heat for this but I wanna go on record saying I didn't forget about Android with that list. I just think his room for improvement is noticeably higher than us. He's not bad -- I just I think he'd be the top of the next group, with Swedish Delight, Tafokints, and some other Sheiks who place okay but rarely have routinely solid showings vs really strong players. He's improving fast but aside from some close sets I don't know if he's even beaten anyone in Europe's upper class roster (Ice, Over, Armada, leffen, Amsah, Zgetto, etc).

To be good with Sheik? Learn how to move so you can deny the opponent the positioning they want to use to approach you with. And when they play defense learn how to camp needles, encroach their zone & identify how they're protecting themselves from dash attack & boost grab, or rush them down with fairs & dash dance grab if they're slowish relative to you or have bad ground game (Falco, Falcon, Luigi, sort of Peach [if she's cornered], Samus, Ganon, another Sheik, etc).

Last edited:

MistFist

Smash Cadet
M2k is the best without question. Then it's a mash of me Shroomed Ice Over and probably some others in some order. I have Shroomed ahead of me at the moment but I plan to correct that soon. Because his strats are nooby -- he just has better basics and screws up less than me right now IMO. I think Ice & me are about tied and Over is 4th solidly. I feel the four of us are fairly close right now though. I feel Sung on a good day also belongs here.

@ Europe - I know I'm gonna get heat for this but I wanna go on record saying I didn't forget about Android with that list. I just think his room for improvement is noticeably higher than us. He's not bad -- I just I think he'd be the top of the next group, with Swedish Delight, Tafokints, and some other Sheiks who place okay but rarely have routinely solid showings vs really strong players. He's improving fast but aside from some close sets I don't know if he's even beaten anyone in Europe's upper class roster (Ice, Over, Armada, leffen, Amsah, Zgetto, etc).

To be good with Sheik? Learn how to move so you can deny the opponent the positioning they want to use to approach you with. And when they play defense learn how to camp needles, encroach their zone & identify how they're protecting themselves from dash attack & boost grab, or rush them down with fairs & dash dance grab if they're slowish relative to you or have bad ground game (Falco, Falcon, Luigi, sort of Peach [if she's cornered], Samus, Ganon, another Sheik, etc).
thanks a lot bro and i totally agree m2k has the best sheik ive seen. who knows maybe ill play him one day... but for the time being, i gotta get to practice with those tips. thanks again

MistFist

Smash Cadet
Amsah is good too. His yoshi is insane but i havent really seen him play with any other characters... best yoshi by far though ill tell you that.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ KirbyKaze KirbyKaze Did you forget Amsah? He's been playing recently, I feel he's better than Android for sure, and not that far from Over.
Yeah I honestly just forgot about him... haven't seen Amsah in a long time. I agree; Amsah would probably be part of the group after M2K.

@ MistFist MistFist oh man, I'm gonna show my age again LOL. I remember watching Amsah back in the Pound 4 days heh. Man was insane... man back in the day Amsah was something. But he retired for a while (he was gone much longer than me when I went on hiatus last year). But yeah. Nowadays he is still solid, still got good fundamentals, but he's not top 3 Sheik anymore.

MistFist

Smash Cadet
Yeah I honestly just forgot about him... haven't seen Amsah in a long time. I agree; Amsah would probably be part of the group after M2K.

@ MistFist MistFist oh man, I'm gonna show my age again LOL. I remember watching Amsah back in the Pound 4 days heh. Man was insane... man back in the day Amsah was something. But he retired for a while (he was gone much longer than me when I went on hiatus last year). But yeah. Nowadays he is still solid, still got good fundamentals, but he's not top 3 Sheik anymore.
Thats cool dude ima go find some vids if there is any to see how he plays thx. and what you mean by im gonna show my age again? lol i didnt get that hahaha

MistFist

Smash Cadet
I'm very old.
oh lol ok i get it now haha so i was looking at some vids of amsah and he does do some pretty interesting stuff and is pretty fast too is impressive actually... learning more and more each time i see a sheik... captain jack has a pretty good sheik too but in my opinion, his sheik is not at the lvl of m2k. maybe before m2k got good

JayB

Smash Rookie
Let's get some discussion in here, guys!
What is everyone's preferred sandwich filling?! Mine personally is an English thing called Marmite. It's a true love or hate thing. I would happily eat it in a sandwich forever. To be honest, a lot of people give me hate for that but I don't care; I love it!
What about you guys? Any interesting sandwich fillings?
A bit of a random topic, but who cares, let's get discussing! :D

Top Bottom