• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm a Sheik main in brawl, and since the brawl scene is my state isn't very active I've decided to start getting into melee, maining Sheik of course, but I don't really know anything about Melee, except that it was the game before brawl (lol). Are there any super important tech skills that I'll have to learn in order to play her?

Forgive me if this type of thing should be asked in the Q&A thread, but since I was also using this as an introductory post I felt it would be better suited to the social.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230020

Try visiting that thread.

Nice name lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
someone share with me basic things to practice for someone who barely plays melee and wants to get into it. I can wavedash kinda well and am bad at L canceling but I dont really know what else I could do. Anyone have any kind of secret special routines they could tell a super n00b?

pretty please :) Also, you ****in **** teczero. i watched most of your matches at brainshock and you **** on everyone lmao

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
All you can do is really perfect those 2 techs to the point where you don't think about it. It takes a while to get used to but theres no real routine I can think of that would help you.

Also thanks haha I try =3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've never figured out the percents for dthrow usmash kills. Someone should clarify when and where for me :p

Or i'll go find out and let you guys know.
what character, marth? if I have time this week (moving next weekend) I'll grind through AR. it'd be %'s after the dthrow's damage though due to how knockback/hitstun work.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

the last time i lost to hax was...

genesis 1?

after which i beat him in a 10 dollar mm and have won numerous sets since then.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh i was gonna ask if you tried to play a furry and then claim thats why you lost...

but maybe you shoulda been a spacie

he musta been really on to beat you,

or you were just sucking a fatty.

edit : you did beat cactuar who i cant beat.

wtf weird tourny.

vanz loses to cactuar but then beats jman eggm and hax? very odd

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LMFAO

Nah, I went both. Went sheik game 1 and lost then went fox game 2 and lost.

My fox is pretty meh now though. I barely use him so I knew that was gonna be bad lmao.

Iunno I've always had a rough time vs Hax. Its the same vs you and Alukard *shrugs*

Also the ****? You live in Ohio? When the **** did that happen?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
****ing gorgeous where I live.

No smash yet sadly. I kinda live in a forest. =)

Damn shoulda stayed sheik. So hard to go from one to other unless you have them both warmed up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I coulda, I was considering it. But I sometimes feel like my fox can pull it off better than my sheik. I've taken games off of Hax with both Sheik and Fox so I second guess myself sometimes *shrugs*

Also, I beat Cactus partially due to having Marth. He won me my first game on BF. The other game I won on Brinstar. Because of Vanz presence =3.

I think Cactus should have beat me though, everytime I play him I always feel that he is the superior player.

But I play sheik so who cares.

Also I'm jealous of your change of scenery. I want to do the same so badly man. I wanna go to school OOS partially cuz of that.

Well this was a sudden burst of activity hahah.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Indeed. I finished school so I was like **** it, time to do something else.

Cactuar sure does resonate the cocky feeling. Even I get effected by it. He has such a bizarre style.

hooray, other people will read this late and be like... well that was a waste of time

XD

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It is NEVER a waste of time when you are talking about cactus.

<3

I don't remember my matches with tec0 at all. Eggm just told me that I was doing ridiculous things vs Sheik, so I'm looking forward to the vids. I think I had just come in from being outside, so I was really focused on warming up during R1, and got raaaaaaped by Marth. ****ing Marth. ****ing Brinstar. ****.

I should have just gone GaW. GaW ****ing ***** Marth. And Brinstar. **** yeah.

------------------------------------------

Real talk time @ Tec0:

I'm not a superior player to you (at least by any significant margin). I just play hyper aggressive/psychotic and control the stage a lot so it feels like I'm outclassing people even though it actually balances out because I'm more likely to get gimped or SD or just **** up somewhere because I try to do things that my tech skill can't keep up with. Don't discredit yourself. :)

You play with the real objective in mind. I can't play any other way. Makes a huge difference. :psycho:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Fair enough Cactus, fair enough xD.

Its funny, but I usually feel like I'm the aggressor in most matches but I can't feel like I can pull that off vs you lmao.

You're one scary *** player Cactus xD

Brinstar was because Vanz was there =3.

Thanks though Cactus lol, I usually second guess my skill but <3

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Imagine how much scarier I'd be if I actually got some practice in.

:(

I don't care so much about Brinstar. It is still a ton of fun to play there, even if I get lava ***** constantly lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Up tilt is the one move I just can't seem to implement into my playing. I used it once today to stop an approach from a platform above me but that's it :<

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Uptilt is a great anti air move in general. It works sometimes, after dash attack to continue a combo.

A lot of stages also lends it self well to covering a tech option with it.

Cactus - Are you good on a weekend? It doesn't particularly matter to me but I was gonna ask Oorah to go with me and he could prolly only go if its on a weekend.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Up tilt is the one move I just can't seem to implement into my playing. I used it once today to stop an approach from a platform above me but that's it :<
Well, that and for combos. It's good to use against shields if you think they're gonna jump out of it too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Intended area of study? Also are there any vids of the matches between you and cactus at that tournament?
Leaning to electrical engineer focusing on wave propagation. Mainly the optical kind if I can. The alternative is.... Physics lmao which would make me study essentially the same stuff

Iirc me and cactus played on a recording setup so there will be vies of us later. Chain ace's brother broke his laptop so uploads are delayed lol

:phone:

Top Bottom