• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
So MaNgO... what do you think about the dying Melee scene...
I personally am saddened...
just when I started to get good at this game and get into the tournament scene....
it just died down.... pretty depressing if you ask me...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well its pretty dumb that people play brawl but whatever

and here in socal we have a little community which i dont mind

because were all like bff's so its pretty awesome

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm gonna try to play jiggz since my friends fox beats me with all my mains, so can sum1 teach me how to make the box tag. I heard thats all you need to play a good jiggz.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
hey mango, I need help against captain falcon. There aren't any video's of you playing against captain falcon so I'm not sure how to deal with him on fd. any tips are appreciated.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Sorry MaNg0, but I've been playing my brothers Falcon a lot recently.... tell me if I get anything wrong (I would like to learn too)

watch out for the Knee
if he grabs, he can always knee you from the dthrow, but if you DI out it's harder, and if you DI in and he predicts out he will also miss, so switch it up

you wont be staying on the ground much, so stomp isn't too much of a problem as long as you tech it

You can duck his grab -> rest if ur fast

His Knee can combo you, so it hurts... watch out for uairs and bairs too

Utilt-> rest works well, and since his tech is pretty terrible you can tech chase rest on platforms really easy too
it's also reallly easy to gimp him... bthrow off stage down smash down smash down smash

You can grab the edge and ledge hop rest when he's recovering :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
thanks dudutsai. The friend of mine who plays cf does a pretty good job of mixing up his recovery. I've rested him after he does his up b before, but when I miss... I die :(. The funny thing is, he always picks final destination. I was having trouble, so I said "let's see if you win on yoshi's story..." and sure enough, like mango said in his original post, he had nowhere to run. The only place he really has free reign is on fd. he just dashes and dances and dash dances around and jumps with that knee, then, if it misses, runs away. and my puff just floats after him. I think I need to either camp and wait for him and then go really agressive, or follow him and avoid his grab and aerial him when he passes me.

Oh yeah, MaNgO. You said in the original post "Up Throw = COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS"
what kind of combos can be pulled off from up throw? I can u-air and even bair, but what combos are possible besides those obvious followups?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmm

off up throws u can do all kinds of combos

atleast 3-4 hits

Up throw - U air 2 following u air to maybe a up tilt to bairs

theres alot of combonations

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i honestly thought of that

but i dont pun it up in this thread now be gone mike

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
I have a question..

When edgegaurding vertical recoveries as Martha or Ganny is it safest to ledgedrop with an Nair or Fair to trade hits (for stagespiking/send them away from the stage)?

Doesn't seem like a good idea to follow them under the stage in certain situations because they both have pretty offensive capabilities off the edge if given enough space

For arguments sake, I'm thinking an FoD scenario

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I think it'll be best to do either bair or fair, and if they are able to up-b on you, just have the tech against the stage ready.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
For marth if he has saved his jump you may want to just wait it out and roll up -> fsmash

If you go down with a fair or bair even fastfalling, he may be fast enough to jump fair you and then recover. Ganondorf is really simple he probably won't attack if he's below the edge. Just gimp his up b

MaNg0

Smash Hero
when i edgeguard marths

i just go out there and fair

DONT EVER BAIR

i mean landing a fair is easier because her little feet

stay out longer then a bair

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
i like d-air too. its kinda underated but it has good priority and you can usually follow it up with a fair. thats just my opinion tho. otherwise fairs are always reliable

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Godheads:

If they are recovering while rubbing against the stage (to sweetspot) you can do a reverse fair, but TIME it right!

What I mean is fair, but float towards them with the last frames of the f-air.

In doing so, they will not be able to tech off the stage.

keep doing this and you will perform

the jigglypuff dragdown

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol ice

now u get it

i find that an extremely hard match and dont even try it

-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom